It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Black Teen Does Something SICK to White Woman Holding Toddler… No Media Outrage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

It was a public place, yeah, but there must have been some friction. Being a mother, you jet at first signs of friction, she just sat there, and sat and sat and sat...

and noticed I said "(maybe not as much as the blackie)"

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i Find it funny, the exact same poster who "didnt want race division" or the ones that claimed "this isnt a race issue" on the church shooting acting the exact opposite in this thread.

Stick to your stance you god damn hypocrites.

edit: also, that person was brainwashed by the government to hit the toddler to start race war. lol.
edit on 6/26/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: chuck258

What the hell do you want me to do? The kid was hurt, traumatized but lived. That happens to kids all over the world all day, every day.

Should I become outraged that this isn't all over the news? Should I run around my front yard yelling at the top of my lungs?

How much outrage is needed to fulfill your requirement?

How about the same amount of outrage of the Cop in McKinney Texas who had to use physical force to restrain a female teenager because she pulled away?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

Maybe it is because I am from England, but I really do not understand the need to say white/black in a story about violence/abuse.

Hope all are ok, hope all those who use these issues, as a motive for whatever, pay the price, one day. shame.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

What?

Those two are incomparable.

One was a cop—an officer of the law that is held to a different standard—overusing force on a skinny teenage girl when it was apparently unneeded, the other is a teenage girl on (apparently) teenage girl holding a kid assault.

Completely different.

edit on 26-6-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I'm American, and I don't understand it either.

Justice is supposed to be blind. But until we are, she won't be.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

It was a public place, yeah, but there must have been some friction. Being a mother, you jet at first signs of friction, she just sat there, and sat and sat and sat...

and noticed I said "(maybe not as much as the blackie)"

Well She was Lulled into a trap by people pretending to be friendly in actuality. Its a common tactic. Ive had the same thing happen to me in High school once. This cute colored girl said to meet her after school and we sat and talked a bit then from out of nowhere i get jumped on by her friends. laughing like hyenas the entire time and to top i t off the girl calling me cracker and kicking me as well.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

What color was she? White, black, yellow, green?

Does that even matter?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

"Where's the media outrage"

The new rallying cry of race baiting conservatives.

There is a war on for public perception and it is self-evident to many that crimes committed by Whites or police against Blacks are given far more priority than the reverse. It helps to feed a victim narrative that is not based in reality. All crimes and all races should be given equal consideration in all things, media coverage included.
When the President and other public figures are vocal about crimes against one race only to the detriment of others they are trying to program our beliefs about reality.

I don't take this as race baiting but simply a heinous crime that the MSM should be covering considering a child was involved.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

How about the same amount of outrage of the Cop in McKinney Texas who had to use physical force to restrain a female teenager because she pulled away?

I don't know anything about that incident. Honestly, I don't pay much attention to things like this because I'm tired of hearing about it.

We need to treat each other a lot better than we do today and I don't see how making race the central focus of the discussion.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

If that was the case then of course she's completely innocent.

I was called a cracker one time, on the school bus

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: theantediluvian

"Where's the media outrage"

The new rallying cry of race baiting conservatives.

There is a war on for public perception and it is self-evident to many that crimes committed by Whites or police against Blacks are given far more priority than the reverse. It helps to feed a victim narrative that is not based in reality. All crimes and all races should be given equal consideration in all things, media coverage included.
When the President and other public figures are vocal about crimes against one race only to the detriment of others they are trying to program our beliefs about reality.

I don't take this as race baiting but simply a heinous crime that the MSM should be covering considering a child was involved.

It's If you don't believe being white has its advantages your silly. As far as employers are concerned whites do a better job and yes its racist. But oddly I don't blame it on skin color so much as culture diffrences. Whites are exposed constantly to the MTV hooligans and assume all are like this.
Pl

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Maybe it is because I am from England, but I really do not understand the need to say white/black in a story about violence/abuse.

Hope all are ok, hope all those who use these issues, as a motive for whatever, pay the price, one day. shame.

Because in America, it is shoved down our throats daily by the media. I've seen posts on this topic saying "it doesn't matter that she's white". And maybe that is true.

But let's take the South Carolina shootings for example. It was a terrible tragedy. It certainly should have NEVER happened. Yes.. the victims were black and the shooter was white. Yes, apparently it was racially motivated. And believe me.. American media is making certain that we know it. We've been presented pictures of this psycho with the "Confederate Flag", which of course is now spawning a new wave of "political correctness" with people calling for the flag to be banned. Many stores have already done so, including Amazon. Never mind that I can still go on Amazon and buy a Nazi flag, or a Che Guevara shirt. But a Confederate Flag??? DATS RACISSS...

American media is extremely quick to point out when a victim is black and the offender is white. How about Ferguson? The headlines weren't "Police officer shoots and kills man"... it was "White Officer shoots and kills unarmed black man".

There is an agenda in the media. They seem to thrive on stirring up racial tensions. And they are doing a good job of it.

edit on 26-6-2015 by DerekJR321 because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

When the police get to the scene to take a report they ask for a description of the perp, so color is an important factor to find the person.

It actually starts from birth and everyone does it. Judging, discriminating, and stereotyping is human nature, some people are just more vocal about it than others.

We live in a physical world, and until that ends we will judge by weight, color, body odor, clothes, and anything else physical that the eyes can see.

edit on 26-6-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I live in the Dallas area and the girl has been identified but not caught. The Rowlett PD says to the girl "we will find you."

They are going to charge her with assault on the girl and injury to a child.

Personally, I think they need to charge those cheering and egging the girl on, too.

ETA: The PD says it was premeditated and mentioned a game called The Polar Bear Game?
edit on 26-6-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

If that was the case then of course she's completely innocent.

I was called a cracker one time, on the school bus

whats funny is the double standard in the justice system and news these days. its twisted.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

Because in America, it is shoved down our throats daily by the media.

And yet it seems that very few of us are smart enough to simply turn the tv off? Or avoid the propaganda media websites.

We soak it up, let it influence our opinion and then regurgitate it on websites such as these.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

All crimes and all races should be given equal consideration in all things, media coverage included.

All crimes should not be given equal consideration, including in terms of media coverage and what's more, you're clearly aware of this since you say as much in the very last line of your post:

simply a heinous crime that the MSM should be covering considering a child was involved.

So particularly heinous crimes and those with young victims should be given an additional measure of priority in your opinion? I believe that you are correct and also that most people would agree but what about other factors like the frequency of occurrence or the number of victims? Shouldn't a mass murder carry more significance than a single murder? Wouldn't a crime wave involving dozens of incidences be more newsworthy than a single incidence of the same crime? Doesn't it make a difference if the crime is committed by an on duty police officer, violating not only the law but the public trust, rather than a civilian?

There is a war on for public perception and it is self-evident to many that crimes committed by Whites or police against Blacks are given far more priority than the reverse. It helps to feed a victim narrative that is not based in reality.

There is a war on for public perception, and it's not one-sided. There are definitely victim narratives being promulgated by the media and political leaders and in this case, it's every bit as strong among white conservatives and with far less of a basis in reality.

Set aside the politics and look at the issue objectively. People dying in encounters with police should be a very big concern for everyone, wouldn't you agree? The Cato Institute seems to think that so, they pointed out in 2012 that Americans as a whole are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist and that's one of the more conservative estimates I've seen.

Common sense dictates that the crime at which we're at greater risk of becoming victims of should also be given the greater significance. As it turns out, the risk of death occurring in an encounter with law enforcement is many times higher for black people than for any other group. How much more? A low end estimate from the non-partisan , non-profit Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice:

Still, the rates for younger African Americans remain 4.5 times higher, and for older African Americans 1.7 times higher, than for other races and ages.

At the high end are estimates from the independent, non-profit news source ProPublica:

Young black males in recent years were at a far greater risk of being shot dead by police than their white counterparts – 21 times greater, according to a ProPublica analysis of federally collected data on fatal police shootings.

Considering the facts objectively, it's pretty obvious that even in the complete absence of political agenda, the frequency of black people dying in encounters with the police is of far greater significance to the general public than a single incident of a teen assailant battering another teen and in the process, causing non-life threatening injuries to a toddler.

So why is it that you and others share this belief that there is disproportionate reporting? Could it be because of a concerted effort by the right-wing media and politicians to foster this misconception? I'm not saying that there aren't those on the left with equally odious agendas — people like Al Sharpton who has made a fortune (and not paid taxes on it) by profiting from stirring up racial tension — but that doesn't mean that your perception hasn't been unduly manipulated by propagandists who use identity politics and irrational emotional appeals as tactics to steer their political flock.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

But let's take the South Carolina shootings for example. It was a terrible tragedy. It certainly should have NEVER happened. Yes.. the victims were black and the shooter was white. Yes, apparently it was racially motivated. And believe me.. American media is making certain that we know it.

Apparently? You can't even simply admit that it was racially motivated despite the fact that not only are there pictures of the perpetrator drawing neo-Nazi symbols in the sand and wearing jackets with apartheid-era flag patches and a roommate that said he's been talking about the motivation for months...

He admitted to his motivation as he was shooting people to death AND after he was apprehended

Is it so hard to acknowledge facts with out prefacing them with qualifiers that imply ambiguity? Why?

We've been presented pictures of this psycho with the "Confederate Flag", which of course is now spawning a new wave of "political correctness" with people calling for the flag to be banned. Many stores have already done so, including Amazon. Never mind that I can still go on Amazon and buy a Nazi flag, or a Che Guevara shirt. But a Confederate Flag??? DATS RACISSS...

The decisions by Amazon and Wal-Mart are theirs to make are they not? I wouldn't have done it because it's silly gesture with little real world impact. What you may be missing about the origin of this particularly debate, the flag flying on the grounds of the SC state house, is that it's raising had more to with Civil Rights than the Civil War.

In 1948, when the "Dixiecrats" (a group of pro-segregation Southern Democrats) split from the Democrats and formed their own short-lived party, they flew the same Confederate banner (though probably the rectangular variant aka the 2nd Naval Jack or sometimes the "Southern Cross") over their convention as "a symbol of Southern protest and resistance to the federal government." Two years after Brown v Board, the Georgia state legislature changed the state flag to incorporate this most familiar of Confederate battle flag designs.

What about SC? The square version of the same design was raised over the SC state house in 1961, ostensibly as part of the national observance of the centennial anniversary of the start of the Civil War. The flag was raised the day of the opening ceremonies, amid protests and strife. Black members of centennial delegations from two northern states were denied entrance into the segregated Francis Marion Hotel and so JFK ordered the events moved to the Charleston Navy Base.

American media is extremely quick to point out when a victim is black and the offender is white. How about Ferguson? The headlines weren't "Police officer shoots and kills man"... it was "White Officer shoots and kills unarmed black man".

Are you sure? Try putting in a date range in Google and searching the news.

Huffington Post:
Ferguson, Missouri Community Furious After Teen Shot Dead By Police

NBC News:
Fatal Police Shooting of Michael Brown Sparks Protests in Missouri

NY Times:
Grief and Protests Follow Shooting of a Teenager Police Say Mike Brown Was Killed After Struggle for Gun in St. Louis Suburb

CBS News:
blah

The Root:
Report: St. Louis Cop Shot Unarmed Teen After Alleged Gun Struggle

Meanwhile...

Fox News:
Black teen shot after altercation, Missouri police say

The Blaze:
Hundreds Yell ‘Kill the Police!’ After Officer Fatally Shoots Allegedly Unarmed Teenager (UPDATE: NAACP Wants FBI to Investigate)

All of these are headlines from 8/9 & 8/10. I'll admit this isn't exactly a scientific analysis but it certainly doesn't seem to match up with your (probably distorted) recollection.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Going to be completely honest. That video enraged me and only served to reinforce my view that a lot of Blacks should not be living with the rest of us in a civilized society. Either they should be segregated from civilized folk in a walled off area of the country or shipped back to Africa. That was disgusting behaviour and I hope both those two "girls" and the boy that started jumping up and down like an animal get what's due to them in the near future.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join