It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I filmed the massive 250,000 people protest in London yesterday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yesterday there was a massive protest in London. 250,000 people marched against austerity. Here is a short film I made from the footage and pictures I got.

Austerity has inflicted poverty, hardship and even in some cases, death to the British people. More and more people are starting to wake up to the cold hard reality of inequality, because right now, it's on their own doorsteps. Since the financial collapse of 2008 there has been a steady attack on the poor and vulnerable of society, perpetrated by corrupt politicians, at the behest of the international banking elite.

Now more people are starting to organise, lets hope that it snowballs into something real and tangible, of a positive nature and in the direction of true change. I feel like we are on the verge of something radical.

Please feel free to share the video if you find it inspiring, also don't forget to flag the thread so others can see it.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Yesterday there was a massive protest in London. 250,000 people marched against austerity. Here is a short film I made from the footage and pictures I got.

Austerity has inflicted poverty, hardship and even in some cases, death to the British people. More and more people are starting to wake up to the cold hard reality of inequality, because right now, it's on their own doorsteps. Since the financial collapse of 2008 there has been a steady attack on the poor and vulnerable of society, perpetrated by corrupt politicians, at the behest of the international banking elite.

Now more people are starting to organise, lets hope that it snowballs into something real and tangible, of a positive nature and in the direction of true change. I feel like we are on the verge of something radical.

Please feel free to share the video if you find it inspiring, also don't forget to flag the thread so others can see it.

Peace.

Change is here we are not taking it anymore.
edit on 21-6-2015 by OptimusPrimeOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Same in my country they waste billions and bail out the rich and now are making plans to raid our savings and retirement funds to pay for it all its time to prepare tar feathers and stocks.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Austerity: The delicate balance of wringing ever more blood from the turnip without squashing it in the process.

Maybe they should bring back the guillotine?

At least tar and feather members of Parliament and run them out of town on a rail.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I applaud the effort, sort of, but doubt it will make any difference.

Government spending on other areas such as charity to other areas should be stopped during austerity, same for crazy immigration laws that gives free money, houses and NHS to people that shouldn't be here in the first place. Especially whilst pensioners and others of financial stress have been targeted while bankers bailed and MP's etc bankrolled.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

God I'm embarrassed to call myself an American.

Go Britian.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Tell them all brother, that the love of money is the route
of all evil. Tell them of the deep truth in those words and
that if they ponder them long enough. They will see not
just the words or some meaningless saying. But a perspective
observation. The goal for thought is a world where all are
equal. No monatary system at all exists and there is no need
even of a barter system. Society carries on with everyone
working their job or profession for free and everything man
has made is available to everyone freely. From food to fashion.
Think of the evils that would cease without the love of money.
Without that scheme that enables a world of evil. Men would
no longer be enslaved for a life time to a place of dwelling.
Only to have the gov't collect it all at some point any way.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Looks like the lower wage earners are having issues across the western world. I made a simple prediction for the US about a year ago.........Anyone making under 15 dollars an hour is screwed because of inflationary boundaries. That means you will not be able to afford food and rent in the next couple of years.

It looks like that simple truth could also be happening in the UK as the lower wage earners struggle to survive and the government tries to fill the wealth gaps with welfare and aid. Eventually this is self defeating cycle into the abyss of economic crashes.
edit on 21-6-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Legitimate benefits claimants are the new 'Bogey Man' in case some hadnt noticed!

A look at the current TV Guides shows you cant move without another benefits claiming freak show to keep the middle class under control. No doubt there are plenty who do kick the @rse out of it, but then the same applies to tax fraud and paying workers under the tables the same isnt it?

Since they got in, the Tories have attacked benefits claimants and the disabled, while at the same time increasing allowances to the super rich, they have the balls to crow that their 'policies' have saved britain from the worst of the storm and that even harder cacca is to follow.

The biggest cost to the welfare state is pensions...end of! Now they will not ever do anything to that, guaranteed political suicide for any party who does, but it its blatantly avoiding a major problem. Family allowance is another bribe. £70,000 or greater in income and you still get a pocket money from HM Govt...come on!
There are thousands of families struggling on what they honestly earn, that could do with some help, but the real help is going elsewhere. Foreign Aid ? Hard as it sounds its had its day, charity begins at home, at least until things get better at home.

Ooops sorry, did I rant just then?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It didn't work.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

The day after a quarter of a million people marched in London against austerity, the government has confirmed it will cut £12 billion in welfare.

Mine you, 2 million marched to stop the iraq war and that didn't work either.
Seems shouting in the streets and waving signs doesn't work.
So what now?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
British MP's are due a pay rise, £7.000 to be exact, that is more than the basic British government pension, still, when a dozen or so protesters are carted off to the nearest correctional facility, it will soon calm down.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I wonder when the last time was that a protest truly and really worked in the Un-United Kingdom....

I remember watching the Poll Tax riots on TV, which I believe started out as a peaceful demonstration.

Speaking as an (ashamed) English citizen, I doubt this will make the slightest of differences unfortunately.

A case in point, look at Greece. The EU demanded austerity. Protests help nothing against the ECB and the IMF.

PS Just my humble opinion.
But thanks for posting your thread!

ETA: Not sure if I'm a citizen or a national, I don't live there anymore, or care to, a horrible and intolerant place for me in any case. Happy in Holland some 20 plus years.

edit on 21/6/15 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 21/6/15 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ClydeBuilt

Today many more of us can read the governments little tricks through the media and tv so easily its getting embarrassing. We are on social media challenging people like cameron and the government is in no way unaware of how unpopular they are and how any ideas of raging war for the bankers to make more money are going to be very tricky for them.

What really gets me is the role the police play in our protests. They seem to think they are separate from the public and their job is to protect the elite and corrupt in parliament. The elite only care for them like a one-night-stand, in fact they probably care far less because any knowledge the police have, makes them even more dangerous than innocent members of the public who are fed up with the greed and corruption around them and get bashed when they raise attend protests and get kettles.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Lets be honest here, no one in power cares about your march. 250K is nothing, a march like this achieves nothing other than making all the people involved feel like they're doing something.

If you want the government to listen your going to have to get a lot angrier than that.

The amount of time wasted and money spent could have been used to do something actually productive like supporting/setting up food shelters or helping the poor and homeless.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Firstly, well done with the video and being a man-on-the-ground for the rest of us

Protests are only as good as the grass-roots media engines that tell the world about them when MSM portals downplay them. The authorities always seem to cut the number of protesters in half!

Damn near a million marched against invading Iraq and the Govt trimmed it down to just over half of that. Gotta say my expectations and faith in political protest died on the day we invaded Iraq. We're so complacent that nearly a million marchers should be measured like fricken dog years and multiplied by seven! Did it make any difference? No! Do the people in charge do whatever they want to do? Yes!

Should we stop protesting?? Hell no!!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: monkofmimir

The amount of time wasted and money spent could have been used to do something actually productive like supporting/setting up food shelters or helping the poor and homeless.

Dear God, man!! Is that it? We should carry the poor instead of taking the Government to task for making them poor?!

Every superstore in the country has foodbanks and that's never happened in my life. We already do our bit and it's about time the f******s that created the circumstances put their hands in their own bottomless pockets.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Crap, how did I not know about this?!!! And here I was, wasting my saturday away.
It wasn't very publicised was it, saw nothing on my social feeds, (or maybe I wasn't paying attention)

Thanks for capturing and sharing it Tech.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
250,000? Reports I read said it was nearer 70,000 .....

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
TPTB don't care how many people march. They will continue their agenda regardless of the number of people.

10 million could be rioting in the streets and they'll just send in the Army to quell it. They won't care about the consequences.

250,000 people in a demonstration doesn't mean a thing to anyone in power, who simply just stay home and ignore any protest.

it's the same in the USA. No one will do ANYTHING about Gun Control, cause it "only" affects 30,000 people a year in the USA. But the second you start telling people you have ONE terrorist come across the Mexican border (even if it's a lie), you've got to build a wall 30 feet high, despite 90% of Americans being in support of limited gun control.

They will keep their agenda, no matter WHAT people think or protest about.
edit on 21-6-2015 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
250,000? Reports I read said it was nearer 70,000 .....

Yeah, the organisers have claimed 250,000 (although I doubt this from the pictures) but even the left-wing media such as the Guardian only put it at "tens of thousands"

It also seems to be a disparate bunch with mixed messages - some wanting the end of trident, some wanting an end to "austerity" - with no explanation how to fill the £70 Billion black hole in the budget otherwise - others wanting to save the NHS (from what?) etc...

Basically, a small bunch of people with various "causes" with no actual answer to the questions they are asking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join