It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I filmed the massive 250,000 people protest in London yesterday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The only report I read about 250,000 comes from Al Jazeera and any others say 'tens of thousands'.

Maybe it's wishful thinking that jacked those numbers up.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
250,000? Reports I read said it was nearer 70,000 .....

Many places say 250,000 and that was also the police estimate.

If you were looking to corporate media to give you a correct number of people attending a protest then I'm afraid that's where you're going wrong. The pocket media outlets almost always downplay how many people are at a protest.

I was there, there were endless streams of people marching through the street with no end in site.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I watched this. Powerful stuff from the people, but they even admitted it wouldn't change policy.
Fyi
Next weekend there's a march down in Luton, Britain first are organising it as a way of highlighting the islamification of certain areas in Britain.
There are videos to watch on yt about the subject.

I'm predicting massive riots.
Something to keep an eye out for.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

God I'm embarrassed to call myself an American.

Go Britian.

They don't have to worry about getting pepper sprayed or beaten or arrested in England simply for carrying a sign (a deadly weapon here in the US!). US protestors got worn down from years of trying to stop the wars overseas then again with the long Occupy protests. People gave everything and got no results. We've come to realize here that neither voting nor protest changes anything. The ruling powers no longer fear or care about the people.

Yes, go Brits! Quite heartening to see so many trying to get things set right over there. The pensioners, the elderly and the infirm are being cut to the bone for services and aid meanwhile immigrants claiming they are war refugees get more help than their own citizens do. What kind of insanity is that?

Meanwhile, truckers are having to throw out produce simply because some of these immigrants break in to the backs of their trucks to steal a ride across the channel from Calais. Europe has allowed immigration to go unchecked for too long and will soon pay a very heavy price for their largesse. I hope Britain can cut that cord before they sink the island under a crush of welfare seekers.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

As far as I can determine the Met haven't estimated numbers. Please link to source.

The figure of 250,000 is from PAAA (the organisers and the figure of 70,000 has been banded about by various media outlets but they are all guesstimates.

Video footage can be deceptive and make a crowd of several hundred look like several thousand, several thousand look like several tens of thousand and so on and so forth, when shot from the right angle/distance.

edit on 21-6-2015 by HumberWarrior because: (no reason given)

You were there but you did not do a head count so endless streams of people cannot be said to equate to 250,000 by any means......it's a description of what you are seeing not an obsevation in a mathematical sense.
edit on 21-6-2015 by HumberWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumberWarrior

As far as I can determine the Met haven't estimated numbers. Please link to source.

The figure of 250,000 is from PAAA (the organisers and the figure of 70,000 has been banded about by various media outlets but they are all guesstimates.

Video footage can be deceptive and make a crowd of several hundred look like several thousand, several thousand look like several tens of thousand and so on and so forth, when shot from the right angle/distance.

"Even the police are estimating that there are 'several hundred thousand' marching.
- Sky News

There were a lot more than 70,000 there I can assure you.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Tell them all brother, that the love of money is the route
of all evil. Tell them of the deep truth in those words and
that if they ponder them long enough. They will see not
just the words or some meaningless saying. But a perspective
observation. The goal for thought is a world where all are
equal. No monatary system at all exists and there is no need
even of a barter system. Society carries on with everyone
working their job or profession for free and everything man
has made is available to everyone freely. From food to fashion.
Think of the evils that would cease without the love of money.
Without that scheme that enables a world of evil. Men would
no longer be enslaved for a life time to a place of dwelling.
Only to have the gov't collect it all at some point any way.

and they will dismiss it as utopia for another 1000 years,thats how much we are ahead

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Funny. There hasn't been any austerity in the UK. What you photographed was a few thousand, mostly public sector workers trying to scam some more money for themselves.

The last Conservative government were the highest spending government in UK history.

Oddly, if they did impose austerity it would increase equality as overpaid public sector and the subsidised landlord class became more equal with the downtrodden private sector.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
In 2011 there was a massive protest in Israel. The "tent city protest" was about high rents, as the cost of rent had just doubled. Protestors set up tents on Rothschild Boulevard and protested for days. Rather like the video in the OP there were drum circles.

Afterward, (and only after Doctors protested) Netenyahu made a statement.

Here it is translated into English.

"We need to avoid taking hasty irresponsible populist measures that could lead the economy to deteriorate. Like European countries that _have_ reached the verge of bankruptcy and _massive_ unemployment."

-Benjamin Netanyahu

Can we expect a similar dismissive statement by Prime Minister David Cameron? Or simply no statement at all.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 21-6-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: HumberWarrior

"Even the police are estimating that there are 'several hundred thousand' marching.
- Sky News

That's a link to a media outlet not an official Met spokes person. The quote is non-specific in it's source and could be completely fabricated to ......fill space

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

- Sky News

What you're doing there is quoting the organisers saying the Polcie estimate, but you ignored the bit right above that quote that said they wouldn't give an estimate:

Organisers estimated that 250,000 people took part in the march from the Bank of England to Westminster. Police would not give an estimate

A spokesman for the People's Assembly, which organised the protest, said: "It is clear this march has exceeded all expectations.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermouse

Funny. There hasn't been any austerity in the UK. What you photographed was a few thousand, mostly public sector workers trying to scam some more money for themselves.

The last Conservative government were the highest spending government in UK history.

Oddly, if they did impose austerity it would increase equality as overpaid public sector and the subsidised landlord class became more equal with the downtrodden private sector.

This comment is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin. The spending of public money may not have been tightened, but the spending of public money on the public certainly has.

Public services are being stretched out and closed on a daily basis. The funding for social safety nets and projects for vulnerable people are being halted and/or shut down.

As for your comment "mostly public sector workers trying to scam some more money for themselves." All I can take from this is that you are trolling?

Come on bro.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

- Sky News

What you're doing there is quoting the organisers saying the Polcie estimate, but you ignored the bit right above that quote that said they wouldn't give an estimate:

Organisers estimated that 250,000 people took part in the march from the Bank of England to Westminster. Police would not give an estimate

A spokesman for the People's Assembly, which organised the protest, said: "It is clear this march has exceeded all expectations.

I really haven't got time to argue with you today stu, sorry. Way too tiresome and futile.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

And this despite surveys done between 2010-2015 showing that most people had not noticed any dip in the service quality..

The bottom line is that the UK Government is spending more than it brings in - £70 Billion in fact. If the Government isn't to cut spending or raise taxes, how do you propose they fill the black hole?

Do you think there is a limitless supply of money?

Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, why are they protesting the Tories for bailing out the banks, when it was done under a Labour Government who seemed to think money grew on trees?

link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
250,000? Reports I read said it was nearer 70,000 .....

Many places say 250,000 and that was also the police estimate.

If you were looking to corporate media to give you a correct number of people attending a protest then I'm afraid that's where you're going wrong. The pocket media outlets almost always downplay how many people are at a protest.

I was there, there were endless streams of people marching through the street with no end in site.

News said yesterday that people were waiting in qeues to protest!
That doesn't sound like 70k or less

link   

- Sky News

I really haven't got time to argue with you today stu, sorry. Way too tiresome and futile.

Because you can't argue it - it is there in black and white.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I can sense the trolls and shills closing in with their divisive nitpicking and caustic argument-mongering. Yawn. This site is so tiresome sometimes.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I can sense the trolls and shills closing in with their divisive nitpicking caustic argument-mongering. Yawn.

That just means that you are "doing it right!"

Mike Grouchy

link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

I can sense the trolls and shills closing in with their divisive nitpicking caustic argument-mongering. Yawn.

That just means that you are "doing it right!"

Mike Grouchy

Amen to that brother.

link   

Do you think there is a limitless supply of money?

Seems like it.
We keep printing it like TP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join