It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the focus on gay marriage?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That i know, and i would love it if the GLBTQ community was not the target of Murders and abuse, i think people can disagree without having to assault someone.. but again that is a hope, and reality and hope are hardly ever in-sync

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: TinfoilTP
Can you explain the last sentence to me please? I´m dumb

It means if you like all that communist stuff, you are cheering for your own demise.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

What? Seriously? What has "communist stuff" to do with same-sex marriage??

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

That i know, and i would love it if the GLBTQ community was not the target of Murders and abuse, i think people can disagree without having to assault someone.. but again that is a hope, and reality and hope are hardly ever in-sync

I'd love it if people stopped killing Christians in churches!

But I don't think either you or myself will ever get our wishes granted.

We'll just have to settle for making our lives, and the lives that we touch meaningful and special.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

A Red Scare is the promotion of fear of a potential rise of communism or radical leftism, used by anti-leftist proponents.
Source

Apparently equal treatment under the law, a tenet of this nation and our Constitution is being equated to "the commies are coming"!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

That we can agree on as well, but hate is taught and learned.. through propaganda, wars, outlandish claims... throughout History with the Anti-Race, and Anti-GLBTQ, Anti-Gender etc.. and people would rather divide themselves and not "Believe" in others just because we're not "Normal"...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

That we can agree on as well, but hate is taught and learned.. through propaganda, wars, outlandish claims... throughout History with the Anti-Race, and Anti-GLBTQ, Anti-Gender etc.. and people would rather divide themselves and not "Believe" in others just because we're not "Normal"...

And in the end, eff 'em. Who cares.

I don't live my life by how others perceive me.

Neither should you.
edit on 18-6-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus said - Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."

“Go and sin no more,” Jesus was not speaking of sinless perfection. He was warning against a return to sinful lifestyle choices.

Those choices are many including lying, cheating, immorality, sex, greed, etc.

With forgiveness comes the expectation that we will not continue in the same path of rebelliousness.

When we turn to Christ and receive His forgiveness, we experience a heart change .

Forgiveness is not cheap, and it does not excuse the sin that separated us from God. It cost God everything to offer us the cleansing that pronounces us righteous before Him.

Rather than continue in the self-centered path that led us astray from Him to begin with, the forgiven can walk in God’s path (Luke 14:27). A move toward God is a move toward righteousness, purity, and holy living (1 Peter 1:16; Romans 8:29). We cannot experience the transforming power of forgiveness without being forever changed.

When we meet Jesus, sin no longer holds its fatal attraction. Grace changes things.

When we are born again (John 3:3), the power of the Holy Spirit breaks the power that sin once had over us (Romans 6:6).

Sin leads to a downward progression. If left unchecked, continual sin leads to a “reprobate mind,” spoken of in Romans 1:24. Our sin nature causes us to gravitate naturally toward selfishness, envy, and pride, even when we are trying to do good. The build-up of unrepentant sin is sometimes pictured as a “cup of iniquity” being filled to the brim.

The acceptance of Sin as acceptable behavior is called Iniquity. Iniquity left unchecked leads to a state of willful sin with no fear of God. Very destructive.

I myself agree with you. Sin as Sin and to willfully accept it into your daily lifestyle has negative consequences regardless of "which iniquities" they are. I don't see a rating system on them!

We all are sinful but we have the choice to know and reject sinning as wrong or to accept it, promote it, an celebrate it. Those are vastly different things.

Add to this:

It is not our place as Christians to try to force others to stop what they are bent on doing for and to themselves. We can only tell you what is considered against the teachings of Christ. You will and must choose as you will.

The problem is that we have ceased to live in a live and let live society, or a society that values true liberty. In such a society, you wouldn't be asking that question because you wouldn't care that some of us do not accept gay marriage as a valid choice. You would let us go our way and go your own with a shrug.

Instead, we see a time coming when the law will be used to force us to go the way the rest of you feel is right only because you feel it is right without respect for what we believe. It would be just as simple to go your own way, but you can't do it. You have to force everyone else to be just like you.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I don't, or try not too.. i mean i am an out Genderfluid Gay Male Drag Queen... i think people perceive me all over the spectrum

i just don't like it affecting our lives
edit on 18-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I don't, or try not too.. i mean i am an out Genderfluid Gay Male Drag Queen... i think people perceive me all over the spectrum

i just don't like it affecting our lives

(laughs)

I honestly think more people hate me simply because I own guns and want lower taxes.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Instead, we see a time coming when the law will be used to force us to go the way the rest of you feel is right only because you feel it is right without respect for what we believe. It would be just as simple to go your own way, but you can't do it. You have to force everyone else to be just like you.

Who are you talking to here? Are you saying infolurker is trying to get you to be like infolurker?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Aw why do you spoil all the fun trying him to explain that

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

What? Seriously? What has "communist stuff" to do with same-sex marriage??

Go back to my first post then read the rest of the thread.

You either didn't read how I wove it into the fabric of discussion or you are being a wiseass.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Aw why do you spoil all the fun trying him to explain that

Well that answers that, wiseass it is.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: beezzer

And there will always be bigotry with the people of the world, doesn't mean we should get denied our rights and discriminated against.

I agree.

But there appears to be a disconnect as to the law and social feelings on "the law".

There is no law that will magically make/force people to like or agree with the ruling.

Laws that impose morality will never be fully accepted by society, this causes divisions. Divide and conquer is very old and effective. Communism always promotes division so as to identify the ruling class as out of touch with the worker class. Create enough division and they move for revolution. Then they tidy up all the calculated divisions they pushed, usually by mass murders. All the academics, politicians etc that did all the dirty work for them during pre revolution are the first ones targeted for elimination after the revolution.

"Laws that impose morality will never be fully accepted by society".

Have you thought about what you just said? Banning gay marriage is a law that imposes morality. Removing that law is removing a moral imposition.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

And there will always be bigotry with the people of the world, doesn't mean we should get denied our rights and discriminated against.

I agree.

But there appears to be a disconnect as to the law and social feelings on "the law".

There is no law that will magically make/force people to like or agree with the ruling.

Laws that impose morality will never be fully accepted by society, this causes divisions. Divide and conquer is very old and effective. Communism always promotes division so as to identify the ruling class as out of touch with the worker class. Create enough division and they move for revolution. Then they tidy up all the calculated divisions they pushed, usually by mass murders. All the academics, politicians etc that did all the dirty work for them during pre revolution are the first ones targeted for elimination after the revolution.

Have you thought about what you just said? Banning gay marriage is a law that imposes morality. Removing that law is removing a moral imposition.

No, it is a law that protects morality. It is not adding anything new.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I agree.

What do you mean, "it added nothing new"? It added a ban. A ban based on a specific religion. Do you think same-sex marriage was just always illegal?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Sorry, you're wrong. Banning gay marriage imposes legal restraints on people (based on religious morality).
Allowing gay marriage imposes NO legal restraints on people. In fact, it removes restraints currently imposed.

And no one's morality is protected by a ban on gay marriage. It's just that the ban AGREES with your morality. You think people should live their lives according to your morality, instead of their own. Removing the ban allows people to be FREE to live according to their own morality. EVERYONE'S morality is protected. Religious people can live by their morals and others can live by their own. Problem is, too many religious people want to impose their morality on others, instead of living their lives.

Morality cannot be legislated.
edit on 6/18/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

If the government legalized gay marriage would you fight it? Government authorities are the servants of God, so if they pass a law it is God's will they are serving.

Ireland just legalized gay marriage, their governing authorities are servants of God doing his will, why are you against it if God wills it?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: ketsuko

Who are you talking to here? Are you saying infolurker is trying to get you to be like infolurker?

I'm adding to his post in response to the op. I more or less agree with him in his spiritual views. The scripture is clear, and that's what I follow.

I don't expect you to do that if you choose not to, but I do expect to have the latitude to live according to my beliefs. I'm not stopping you from yours, you leave me mine.

At the end of the day, whether or not I believe two men or two women constitute a marriage stops you from your life not at all even if you dislike the reality that I don't believe in what you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join