It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the focus on gay marriage?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

One symptom of cognitive dissonance is someone projecting assumed ideologies onto other people in order to ease their own dissonance. Make the other person look worse in their own minds.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Culture Norms Versus Human and Civil rights.. Human rights shouldn't have to "take longer" i don't think it's wrong to want equal Human rights now when we deserved them since birth an denied longer than

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Culture Norms Versus Human and Civil rights.. Human rights shouldn't have to "take longer" i don't think it's wrong to want equal Human rights now when we deserved them since birth an denied longer than

Civil Rights Act was @ 50 years ago.

Good thing there's no racism anymore.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

a statue of Baphomet is proposed

How about a large bronze casting of Artemis riding Chiron bareback, both with bows drawn back?

Now all I need is a rich patron, a skilled artist, skilled bronzeworkers, lobbyists, some politicians, and PR people.

Then we can have my commissioned statue in every public square.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

And there will always be bigotry with the people of the world, doesn't mean we should get denied our rights and discriminated against.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Because decadence in society is promoted by communists as a tool to use against what they perceive as the ruling class.
When the hardliner commies take over, they beat them back into the closets. Just look at Putin's Russia.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

And there will always be bigotry with the people of the world, doesn't mean we should get denied our rights and discriminated against.

I agree.

But there appears to be a disconnect as to the law and social feelings on "the law".

There is no law that will magically make/force people to like or agree with the ruling.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Societies should better focus to themselves when innocent people are denied their freedom to live a normal life,

Trying to specify where all this bigotry comes from...
I'll give our community a hint in our quest for the source of this specific bigotry;

appropriated conservative superstitious unreasonable unscientific immoral ethics (usually given by religion) and pure
xenophobic illiberality which is the first step to fascism

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

It's funny how you accuse being pro-gay marriage as part of the Communist agenda when homosexuality has been traditionally illegal in Communist countries. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I agree.

But there appears to be a disconnect as to the law and social feelings on "the law".

There is no law that will magically make/force people to like or agree with the ruling.

Laws that impose morality will never be fully accepted by society, this causes divisions. Divide and conquer is very old and effective. Communism always promotes division so as to identify the ruling class as out of touch with the worker class. Create enough division and they move for revolution. Then they tidy up all the calculated divisions they pushed, usually by mass murders. All the academics, politicians etc that did all the dirty work for them during pre revolution are the first ones targeted for elimination after the revolution.

link   

I wish i knew..

it's deeper than just marriage though , why was it Illegal to be Homosexual? why were thought of as Mental Illness?

there have been Gay people through history and farther back, we are not a "New thing" why were/are people scared?

I think it's strange how wiki describes someone who 'Exhibits' themselves to have a Mental Illness and should recieve treatment, yet kissing, loving and having sex with someone who is the same sex as they are isn't a Mental Illness!

WIKI needs updating.. of course it's an illness... how can 2 people of the same sex be seen as normal and nothing wrong wth them but an 'Exhibishionist' needs help and pills??

wiki explanaton: Exhibitionism was first described as a disorder in 1877 by French physician and psychiatrist Charles Lasègue.[6][7] When exhibitionistic sexual interest is acted on with a non-consenting person or interferes with a person's quality of life or normal functioning, it can be diagnosed as exhibitionistic disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition (DSM-5).

But being 'Gay' isn't a disorder??? Seriously?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Although I agree with you that communism is also a conservative fascism,
Today's Russia isn't a communist country and
Their plans, or anyone's plans couldn't possibly have an effect on people's natural sexual preferences,
some of which you unreasonably call ''decadence of our society''.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Bleating it is a mental illness doesn't make it so.
I suggest you cry me a river build a bridge and get over it.
Equality wins bigotory loses.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Actually all you've highlighted is that the idea of being naked being a crime is probably a bad idea. There really is nothing wrong with nakedness. We are all born that way and barely anyone has any parts that someone else doesn't have.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

But there should never have been a "Law" or "Ruling" in place that made same-Sex marriage illegal in the first place, Marriage between consenting adults...

This movement is not to force churches to marry people, or forcing people to even "agree" but to get equal protections and equal treatment, after Marriage there are still many steps.. work place discrimination, adoptions, equal protections

Look how many states are passing laws that make it legal to discriminate... this is the america people fight for?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's funny how you accuse being pro-gay marriage as part of the Communist agenda when homosexuality has been traditionally illegal in Communist countries. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

How do you think lesbian rock bands in Russia came to be after the fall of the Soviet Union? Now that Putin has absolute power, homosexuality is not tolerated at all. That was a rather quick turn around in historical context. The US has been in pre revolutionary status by the commies ad infinitum. Their crap doesn't ever come to fruition here but we have to put up with their relentless efforts.

Your dissonance is pretending to be ignorant of the processes. There is pre revolutionary status and post revolutionary status. You conveniently look only at the post revolutionary status and pretend that is all there is to the communist movement.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Laws that impose morality will never be fully accepted by society, this causes divisions.

There is no threat of a law that attempts to impose morality. Any law would be about LEGAL matters, not moral ones. No one is suggesting legislating morality.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The legalities of homosexuality currently in Russia are irrelevant to your point since Russia currently isn't Communist.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Laws that impose morality will never be fully accepted by society, this causes divisions.

There is no threat of a law that attempts to impose morality. Any law would be about LEGAL matters, not moral ones. No one is suggesting legislating morality.

Hahaha.

Three words for you.

legalized gay marriage.

It is a guaranteed cause for division by imposing morality through law.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The legalities of homosexuality currently in Russia are irrelevant to your point since Russia currently isn't Communist.

Can I enter your rainbows and unicorns universe where Putin was never head of the KGB or a member of the Communist Party?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join