It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the focus on gay marriage?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

They can try to force it on me, not all pagans are pacifists (and no I'm not a germanic heathen either)
Mind you I have the great fortune of being from a sensible nation (New Zealand) who since the early 1980s on, stopped giving a flying monkeys cuss over who people choose to sleep with (as long as its over the age of consent!). When I lived in the USA it amazed me that even though the majority were similar, the minority got to say who you could call "husband/wife".

These same smucks would most likely also like to dictate what churches were "Christian" and what were not
I see a whole lot of "my Church is more real than your Church" going on

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If the government passes a law, it is God's will at work because they are his servants.

You seem to misunderstand that only holds true in a nation that is ruled by Christian law America thankfully isn't such a nation. This refers to the church not nations. So no our government are not the servants of God many claim to be but their actions prove they are not.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It's not my feelings, it's natural law. I truly feel sorry for anyone with a same gender attraction. It must be difficult to live with such a delusion.

It's treatable though. Check out couragerc.org

You were NOT born that way, no matter what Lady Gaga or "the world" tells you.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

According to your scripture Caesar was put in a place of power by God, so the paradox still definitely exists. Caesar served your God and was his agent for good. If Caesar demanded it, it was according to God's will, meaning what was Caesar's WAS God's by proxy, at least according to Paul.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The passage says "governing" authorities and there is no authority except the ones God has established. I don't agree with the passage, I was only pointing out that the bible states that governing authorities act by the will of God, which clearly can't be the case if God is good.
edit on 6/18/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Just as well people "feeling" something, does not make it a fact then
Because its not "natural law" homosexuality and bisexuality exist in the animal world as well. It even gives a genetic advantage
www.iflscience.com...
edit on 18-6-2015 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Who says that scripture is true or accurate, they are just the words of men. Its been a while since Jehova did a burning bush to us.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yes i feel the natural law is factual, because, it's, ummm....reality.

I disagree with gravity. I feel we should all be able to float.

a reply to: Noinden

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

so again, do you have Proof of this natural law, i mean you "feel" yourself as fact so...

Is that a cure for me? yay there is one in Los Angeles..

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

"I feel" is the sign of belief, not science, and when you talk about this subject science is the only thing to use, belief has no place in science.

As for "treating it", the failure rate in "gay therapy" is higher than homeopathy. I say that as a Pharmaceutical chemist, who made his livelyhood making real pharmaceuticals, homeopathy at least has a chance through the placebo effect. Gay therapy? That is just abuse, and no loving god would condone it. Satan might
Mind you I am just a Pagan, and what would I know eh?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

originally posted by: infolurker

Jesus said

.... nothing about gay marriage.

He said some were born eunuchs (homosexual) but nothing about gay marriage being unacceptable.

OMG are you serious? How on God's earth did you come to the conclusion that Jesus was saying that eunuchs were born homosexual? Do you even know what a eunuch is? I'm all for people giving their opinions but there's no need to make stuff up

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Its not "gay therapy". You don't know what you are talking about.

We are human. We are not defined by our sexuality. It's merely a sliver of our humanity. There's more to life than sex. Imagine that. Take custody of your mind.

a reply to: Noinden

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I need to prove a natural law? That's silly.

I'm an alcoholic. I've since taken custody of my mind, and my life, and don't drink anymore.

I hope you take more than just a cursory glance at Courage. It could change your life. Take the time, to watch that video... "Desire of The Everlasting Hills". It's beautiful. There IS a different way.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

You didn't understand what I was saying, I was saying that Jesus' use of the word eunuch (specifically those "born" eunuchs) is a euphemism for someone born homosexual. No one is born a eunuch in the literal sense because a literal eunuch is a man who is castrated, his genitals cut off. Since it cannot be literal, it must be a metaphor/euphemism for something else. Eunuchs tend to be very feminine, homosexuals are feminine, those born eunuchs are born feminine, a.k.a. homosexual.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

No, i asked for Proof on why i have a Mental Illness.. you said you "Feel" that it's a "Fact" of Natural Law.. i just wondered what Natural Law dictated i have a Mental Illness..

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I know exactly what I am talking about. Homosexuality is as curable as being left handed, or blonde. You can disguise it, pretend otherwise, force a change, but it goes against the innate nature of the being.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The rules of logic are if you make a claim, you have to back it up. Otherwise you are just BSing. Sorry that is how it works. Your "natural law" is not involate just because your deity may or may not have said so. If it were that way, ,my deities could have an influence on An Fhirinne (the order of the world) when they were changing their minds.

So to use your silly little analogy, Jehovah could decide that homosexuality just did not exist anymore. Rather some of his followers get bent out of shape, because it makes them uncomfortable. Homosexuality is not alcoholism neighbor.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Why do animals show gay tendencies in the wild? Did they "choose" to be gay? What advantage does being gay bring to someone in order for them to "choose" to be that way? (That's not to say there are any disadvantages) What about devout Christians who "choose" to be gay despite their upbringing telling them it is wrong?

There was a thread a few days ago talking about a preacher preaching homosexuality being wrong and evil yet he still went on gay sites and cybered with gay men. Why does he still "choose" to be gay when he preaches against it?
edit on 6/18/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

You didn't understand what I was saying, I was saying that Jesus' use of the word eunuch (specifically those "born" eunuchs) is a euphemism for someone born homosexual. No one is born a eunuch in the literal sense because a literal eunuch is a man who is castrated, his genitals cut off. Since it cannot be literal, it must be a metaphor/euphemism for something else. Eunuchs tend to be very feminine, homosexuals are feminine, those born eunuchs are born feminine, a.k.a. homosexual.

You've got a strange way of looking at things. No one, and I mean no one has ever been born gay. And just because someone is feminine does not mean that they are gay.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
I need to prove a natural law? That's silly.

I'm an alcoholic. I've since taken custody of my mind, and my life, and don't drink anymore.

I hope you take more than just a cursory glance at Courage. It could change your life. Take the time, to watch that video... "Desire of The Everlasting Hills". It's beautiful. There IS a different way.

So what you're saying is that since you were able to gain "custody" of your mind then gay people should be able to go against nature and suddenly be straight?

Are there no gay people in your AA meetings? Could you gain custody of your mind and make yourself gay? If you think you can convince yourself to be gay then, news flash, you already are gay.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join