It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 dead in shooting at South Carolina church Senator Clementa Pinckney killed

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
He was arrested previously for trespassing. Looks like a disturbed individual. www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I never said not to be outraged, this is still a free country (for the moment) so be as outrageous as you like baby.

Do I really need to state the obvious that a guy shooting up a bunch of people at church getting their Jesus on is a bad thing? There's 17 pages of that already.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

edit on 18-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: urgh nm

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well then you weren't listening. I saw tons of media articles about it. For one, all the threads on it on ATS sourced media outlets. But hey, without cognitive dissonance, you'd have a tough time believing your bs.

And if YOU were listening I said the pretty people on TV. Which is still where most Americans get their "facts" from, not alternative media. But hey, it seems on ATS these days reading comprehension is not too many peoples strong suit.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: cancerwarrior

Well then you weren't listening. I saw tons of media articles about it. For one, all the threads on it on ATS sourced media outlets. But hey, without cognitive dissonance, you'd have a tough time believing your bs.

And if YOU were listening I said the pretty people on TV. Which is still where most Americans get their "facts" from, not alternative media. But hey, it seems on ATS these days reading comprehension is not too many peoples strong suit.

Yes, because you just demonstrated that you failed at reading my post. ATS used MSM outlets to report on it. If you want to believe that this wasn't diligently covered by the MSM, fine, but you really should stop derailing this thread to push it. Go make a thread on it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

LOL I just did say it......

Anyways take care of your thread sweetheart.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

That's what I'm seeing on my news all morning (when I was watching anyway). A lot of pictures and video of what seems to be a pretty united community. Law enforcement on scene seems to have their crap together for the most part in how they're handling it.

And again, I'm close enough to the area that it's been getting pretty heavy play all morning.

It DOES help that Charleston is a cool town. I was born there and have visited that place pretty much once a year since then.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
FYI - the picture of the suspect on facebook shows him wearing a jacket with two apartheid era south African flags - one is the Rhodesian flag and the other and older South African Union flag... Can't make out the other patch.

Sorry unable to post pics since I'm on my phone, but just wanted to point this out.

That's odd, what do you make of it?

I just heard the news, so heartbreaking, RIP
edit on 093030p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: cancerwarrior

What amount of attention do you prescribe as acceptable? Let us know so we make sure we go with your measure on how outraged we should be at murder.

This isn't just about what we see.

Ambush journalists are glorified paparazzi, they see a grieving family member or witness and thrust a microphone into their face. That is not journalism.

When a producer sees a tragedy as a scoop and sends a convoy out to the scene, that is not journalism.

When a reporter uses professional etiquette and researches and reports the facts, that is journalism.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: UnBreakable

What a joke, your so off topic.

Ok, Skippy, give me the parameters when directly responding to someone's reply.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yeah I didn't intimate any of that...so you posted a thought not a response

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I tried to Facebook him, looks like he is already taken down.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
They say he was arrested for illegal drugs.

Jail time too.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Dylann STORM Roof....Has sort of a neo Nazi ring to it as in Storm Front. I wonder who his parents are?
edit on 18-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

My apologies. It was not directed at you, but you get the gist and I hope others do as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Looking into the history of the flags, they were flown during times of apartheid in South Africa (Rhodesia is now Zimbabwe).

Also - I've seen comments about the picture that mention it is apparently a common flag worn by white supremacist groups. There is also a picture on one of the Post and Courier's facebook page that shows him standing in front of the same Hyundai, and the front license plate says "Confederate States of America" with 3 confederate flags on it...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted, but here's a short article with an interview with Roof's uncle-

yahoo news link

He said he had told his sister, Roof's mother, several years ago that Roof was too introverted.

"I said he was like 19 years old, he still didn't have a job, a driver's license or anything like that and he just stayed in his room a lot of the time," Cowles said.

A woman who answered the cellphone of the suspect's mother Amelia Roof, also known as Amy, declined to comment.

"We will be doing no interviews ever," she said, before hanging up.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Oh, I know that is inevitable. Once the politicians get their greasy hands on this, all bets are off.

Especially now the campaigns are underway.

There will be false sentiments, no doubt about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Storm Roof?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Ambush journalists are glorified paparazzi, they see a grieving family member or witness and thrust a microphone into their face. That is not journalism.

When a producer sees a tragedy as a scoop and sends a convoy out to the scene, that is not journalism.

"Journalism" has become a business. Networks are competing for market share and the advertising dollars. It's capitalism and the Media gives the people what they want.

Watch "Nightcrawler" for a look at the why and wherefore of "News"

www.imdb.com...

Sadly this tragedy will be played for all it's worth. It's part of the cultural rot...aptly described by Zazz

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join