It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 dead in shooting at South Carolina church Senator Clementa Pinckney killed

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Gosh this is terrible. Those poor families.

The Church itself was a strong beacon for the community.

"It was founded by worshipers fleeing racism and burned to the ground for its connection with a thwarted slave revolt. For years its meetings were conducted in secret to evade laws that banned all-black services. It was jolted by an earthquake in 1886. Civil rights luminaries spoke from its pulpit and led marches from its steps. For nearly two hundred years it had been the site of struggle, resistance and change."

www.washingtonpost.com... nful-chapter-in-long-history/
edit on 18-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It's a wretched tragedy. What is disturbing about these types of things is twofold, one that there is such a divide in our country that some crazy person feels the need to gun down innocent people over whatever it may be, mental illness , racism, you name it. The other disturbing element is a strong number of people believe anything that happens is part of some greater nefarious scheme. Comments on this story here and elsewhere are already sharpening up the tired old tropes, "Gun Grab", "Race War", "Diversionary tactic by the PTB..look at the media coverage/or lack therof!". It's pretty sad that things like this shooting can happen in this country, it speaks of greater ills for certain.

Unfortunately it speaks of greater ills in this country that no-one believes anything like this can happen without puppet strings being pulled. I know this is a conspiracy site, but not everything is a multi-level conspiracy. This is a tragedy no matter what, I think we do ill service to the dead and suffering by ascribing the words "false flag" etc to this situation without waiting for the information to be gathered.

Just my thoughts...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Link

Information about the suspect on the loose. Folks in Carolina, please be on the look out and stay safe.

This blows my mind - I don't know who this is, but it hits home as I have a lot of friends from Carolina from my time at USC for undergrad / grad school. Also, apparently this person went to a high school I coached lacrosse at back in the day...
edit on 18-6-2015 by SonOfThor because: ETA

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This guy doesnt look white, more asian, maybe korean.

As odd as it looks, the bowl haircut is pretty popular there.

seoulawesome.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: waverlyhills

A few things I'm impressed about:

-The community seems to be united, whites and blacks are coming out in support of the victims
-The media appears to be restrained in its reporting (at least for now)
-Police are using standard police tactics to catch the guy (no martial law or curfews)
-When the police falsely arrested someone when the case was just breaking, he wasn't beaten or shot (and was later correctly exonerated)

I know a few have used those things as examples to push whatever crazy conspiracy theory agenda they have in their head, but I see it as a sign that the times aren't as bad as we like to complain they are. Even in the light of a horrible tragedy like this.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Guess we'll be hearing about this story all over the news for the next month.

People are eating up the racial tension in this country just as fast as the pretty people on TV can spew it.

Apparently the black on white "hate crimes" don't get any coverage because that's not what people want to see.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: cancerwarrior

This is complete horse#. When the "Knockout Game" was in the news, that's all the media talked about while it was going on. Way to distract from the tragedy at hand to shoehorn your bitter opinion on America's race relations though.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: serenity72

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.
There is just something off about the picture they are flashing all over the news. How do they know he is white? maybe they have other pictures that are better?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Buzz off with your lame attempt to troll, poor us white people crap isisnt needed in this thread.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

So you don't think a shooting of 9 people in a church warrants news coverage?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: serenity72

This guy doesnt look white, more asian, maybe korean.

As odd as it looks, the bowl haircut is pretty popular there.

If you remember when the whole Zimmerman thing happened they initially reported it as a white guy shooting a black.

Then when the pictures of the guy came out it was obvious he was Hispanic. Even then they still ran with him being a white guy for a while.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well, the survivors were ableto give a description of the suspect. If they say he is white, then why doubt them.
a reply to: chiefsmom

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This post is going to be very unpopular.

I have a feeling that as more information becomes available, especially but not limited to various witness testimony, we will find a lot of inconsistencies such as the Sandy Hook event.

This one seems to kill two birds with one stone. Gun confiscation and racial tenstion, two things which TPTB are seeking to protect their interests.

I am not saying for a fact that this was a staged event, and I know it may seem disrespectful to many due to how recent this happened, but I am tired of sugar coating things to be PC.

I will gladly admit I was wrong and apologize once I am proven wrong, that's if we can prove anything either way. This will probably end up swept under the rug like Sandy Hook.

Expect a LOT of inconsistencies and then media silence.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Has anyone looked at the link I posted? The suspect named by police is clearly a white young man, named Dylann Storm Roof - he went to White Knoll High School.

Not getting involved at this point in theories about the actual events, just reiterating that the suspect they are looking for is a white person.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
NVM, already posted.
edit on 18-6-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The news rolls with stuff people want to see. Hence why they always report sensationalist "bad news" stories. Ever notice how most newstories are predominantly bad? Its not that theres anything good happening in the world, its just that they don't want to report on it because that's not as exciting for people to watch.

They want rating just like the rest of the TV shows.

Black on white crime does'nt get near as much coverage as white on black crime does. Thats not a troll statement thats a fact.

Lets say the race of the shooter and victims were reversed, you'd read a story or two about it maybe and in a week nobody would even remember it.

But a story like this will get beat to death with the racial stick for many many weeks to come.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
Link

Information about the suspect on the loose. Folks in Carolina, please be on the look out and stay safe.

This blows my mind - I don't know who this is, but it hits home as I have a lot of friends from Carolina from my time at USC for undergrad / grad school. Also, apparently this person went to a high school I coached lacrosse at back in the day...

The suspect has been identified as Dylann Roof from Lexington, SC.

His uncle stated that Dylann was given a gun for his 21st birthday in April...

link   
a reply to: real_one

Your not the first and wont be the last, pushing your agenda by throwing stuff on the wall and hoping people think like you.

link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Seriously? I'm not doubting anyone. I was not aware the survivors ID'd him.

Thanks for giving me that info, so politely.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Shamrock6

I bet some come in saying its a false flag to take our guns.....

Could the idea be so far fetched?

They've done much worse things for lesser reasons.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join