It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 dead in shooting at South Carolina church Senator Clementa Pinckney killed

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: LDragonFire

They have police and dogs searching for him. They don't know who he is. As far as I know terrorist is an odd label, I haven't seen anything about motivation yet.

No, this guy is a terrorist plain and simple. We should put one in him and be done with it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I get really fed up with people calling this anything other than a terrorist attack, the only difference is that he's white.

It's all about the intent, and in this case everything is pointing to this being driven by a racial/nationalist/political motivation = terrorism.

I wish people would just call this what it is, the guy is a terrorist and he committed a terrorist act.

Thankfully he's now in custody, and I hope the FBI and NSA are now working their way through every single person he's been in contact with to make sure there isn't a cell of "homegrown" radicals out there waiting for their chance to commit a terrorist atrocity against their fellow citizens.

Remember people, this is EXACTLY why your government deems militias, right-wing nutters, homegrown terrorists and paranoid delusional conspiracy theorists as more of a threat within America than Islamic extremists. It would not surprise me in the slightest if it transpires that he was a member here.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: 3danimator2014

And "you guys" will attempt to derail the thread turning it into something it's not.

We don't have a motive or many facts to go on at this point. All we know is some punk killed a bunch of innocent people and is now in custody.

head firmly buried in sand i see. Got it.

All these threads, every week there is one, is relevent to the fact that the US has a gun problem.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

It's strange that someone was able to comment on the photo. Another member here speculated it was a fake page and not his, but I pointed out that the photo was from May, so it seemed to be the real FB page for Dylann Roof.

I hope that makes sense!

If you go to the page and click on the image, you cannot make a comment on the photo. The comment was not there earlier this morning, but now it is. Just pointing it out as it's strange.

I'm not saying this is a false flag or that this guy is a patsy, I am pointing out facts that are weird (directed at other replies on this page, not to you zazz).

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Gotcha

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere (couldn't see it, so going to continue...).

I noticed this on another forum and it raised a few eyebrows there:

I know this is a horrible tragedy and a dark day for America, and I don't want to distract focus from the real issues, but please help me with a temporary detour: can anyone explain why the Google search result for the Huff-Po story appears to be two days old?

I Googled "9 Dead At Historic Black Church" and got the same result. I'm not suggesting anything sinister is afoot, just wondered if anyone out there with the relevant knowledge can explain why a Huff-Po article about the shootings, published on June 17, appears on Google search results as existing before the event even happened?

Apologies in advance if my post comes across as ghoulish, conspiratorial, insensitive or irrelevant - not my intention; just looking for an explanation from someone who is web-tech savvy.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
No, this guy is a terrorist plain and simple. We should put one in him and be done with it.

I agree he is absolutely a terrorist, by the very definition of the word. His motivations were political and that's enough to classify him as a terrorist.

But, I don't believe in the death penalty.
These people should be locked up for life in a secure unit and studied by psychologists until they die. It's better to learn something from these freaks of nature than just kill them all instantly and never learn anything at all. Maybe studying him like the roach he is will help us to prevent other young people from being directed into this kind of lunacy.

As I said already, I hope the FBI and other agencies are watching everyone he knows very closely. It's unlikely he's a "lone wolf" in his thinking, these people gather in packs and there will be others out there, probably enjoying a beer in the woods and celebrating this lunatics actions.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is another strange one making the rounds. I'm bringing it here because ATS has intelligent users, and perhaps there is an explanation.

Why is this article dated from 2 days ago?

I'm thinking they create place-holder pages in advance and update them when news breaks so they can be quick on getting the scoop, but I am not knowledgeable in web design at all.

Please confirm why this would say 2-days ago?
edit on 18-6-2015 by raedar because: typo

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BenutzerUnbekannt

Interesting. I tried it and got the same result.

But I would point out that Google says it was two days ago, but lists yesterday as the date of post, and the article says it was written 13 hours ago.

link   

Did you click on the article and check out the timestamp within? Maybe the time it was written coupled with the current time has caused the auto-time feature that says how long ago the article was written to round up to 2 days?
edit on 18-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

Can anyone enlighten me as to why when he put his profile picture up in May is causing people to call it strange?

Because there were links to another Facebook profile that was up earlier and then taken down which I attributed to being the original Facebook page for the shooter.
edit on CDT11America/Chicago112015201561820152015-06-18T11:39:31-05:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: because I forgot the quote

link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Okay, you win.

The US has mass shootings every week and has a gun problem. Alright, now what?

It's already illegal to kill people, what new laws would you suggest we implement?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Which billionaire own Huf post?

Soros?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: restless genius

Back to 80 friends on my screen. wtf

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yep, I searched for the article myself and looked at the timestamp and it is dated 6/17/2015 at 10:34 pm. Looks like I was correct and it is just a rounding error.

edit on 18-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Oh FFS!

The date on Google is not accurate, obviously.
It's an automated system, it's flawed.
I work in Internet marketing and content and this is A KNOWN FLAW in Google. It's not a damn conspiracy, it doesn't mean anything.

Please children, stop being so damn ridiculous!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I can't think of a better place than ATS to bring things too.

Name calling is childish, which is funny since you called us "children". The only thing missing from your post is all caps. Well done!

Yeah, how strange would it be for our government to leverage a tragedy for political gain? That would just be unheard of.

edit: You DID USE ALL CAPS but provided no link/proof.
edit on 18-6-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The real racists in the world today are all the ones who are so quick to attach racism to crimes today. The hanus criminals doing such irrational things do not deserve the kind of publicity they receive, not to say no attention should be given to these matters but all is irrational so to try and put logic to it is silly. A year ago this tension was no where close to where it is, thank you media for ruining any progress our society has gained and shame on everyone feeding this horrible trend. If racism doesn't get brought up and you in your mind make a connection to race, your the racist. I feel sorry for future generations as all I see is backwards progress.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

No way, WTF.

Let me check again quickly.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Meanwhile, might as well not let a crisis go to waste

thehill.com...

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join