It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secrets hidden inside the book of Psalms.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
Flyersfan has no real evidence for her claims regarding the psalms.

Um ... yes I do. I just gave you a side by side of Psalm 104 as an example.
Sorry you don't want to see the obvious.

She is a very vocal critic of the old testament on ATS (while professing faith in Christianity), yet her criticisms never seem to hold much water.

Um ... yes they do. I've given absolute and indisputable scientific and archeological proof that Adam and Eve, as well as Noahs Ark, didn't happen. I've given the solid information showing that Exodus most likely didn't happen either. As for Moses .. I've said he may or may not have existed but much of the folklore surrounding him has been disproven. And I've been correct about all those statements.

None of that has anything to do with the Psalms which is the topic of this thread.

Again - most folks think David wrote the Psalms. He may have written some, but he's not the author of most of them. And it's clear that at least some of them came from pagan sources and were adapted by the Hebrews ... much like they adapted the flood myth (noahs ark) from other cultures and put their own spin on it.

edit on 6/6/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
This time frame (13 century BCE) places the Israelites inside Egypt making it possible the poem originated from the Israelites and not the Egyptians.

Would the Egyptians use a prayer to the Hebrew God as their own? Perhaps. Do the Egyptians have a history of doing such a thing?

Would the Hebrews use an Egyptian prayer and make it their own? The Hebrews are known to absorb the myths of other cultures and adapt them to their own. The flood myth. The Adam and Eve myth. They have a history of it.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Some people can't accept their holy texts are anything less than perfect.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: FlyersFan

Some people can't accept their holy texts are anything less than perfect.

I use to think that way as well but then as I started to reread the bible over and over, I asked my self one simple question. WHY was the bible written?

To control mankind? Of course not! How ridiculous. There are much better ways to control the human population than with a book or with religion. Take a look at our history....... How has leaders and governments in the past controlled mankind? The answer is simple......the sword......fear of immediate death or imprisonment. This controls mankind and not some book or idea.

Right now...... if I was in complete control and stated all who fail to worship me will have their heads cut off and their family members as well at the end of the day I would have very few heads. On the other hand I would have billions kneeling to me. Why? Fear.

If I tell someone to follow this book or when they die they will suffer for all eternity.....they will laugh...... no immediate danger to them or their family........no reason to follow some book full of myths.....right? One reason (from many) why hell is full.

So spreading the lie that religion was made to control mankind is a lie. So there MUST be another reason why the bible was written?

The very beginning of the bible hints at a saviour coming some day to rescue mankind (Genesis 3:15) and it ends with a saviour rescuing mankind. This is the "meat" of the bible, the main theme of the combined OT and NT.

There is no conspiracy about what God plans to do. The lie is about rejecting the truth.

Amen! Selah!
edit on 6-6-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

This thread is dedicated to those who love praying and worshipping the one true God. May God bless you and protect you and your family.

Some of us have spent most of our lives researching and studying various religions and sects with the hope of finding answers to our questions. Most have “passed on” (died) without finding the answers; while others have simply given up and then there are those who have prospered from what they have found.

What I find difficult about all this is that people can think chanting and seemingly magical incantations have an effect

That God is some how like Buddha or a personel deity whos every desire is to provide the receiver everything they desire if we only rub his golden tummy the right way.

This to me is piffle, religion described as worship, magic, a pot of boiling spells.

Jesus said "If you love me, keep my commandments.He didnt say to chant and make magic.

Jesus made commands, he didnt do or ask us to do what you are suggesting we do as Christians

iblp.org...

You are adding to the word, step back and reconsider.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Honestly, I don't want to derail your thread too much by going into a discussion about the who what and why of religion. So maybe we shouldn't go down this path in this particular thread. I will say a couple things though.

So spreading the lie that religion was made to control mankind is a lie. So there MUST be another reason why the bible was written?

I agree that religion wasn't necessarily created merely to control mankind.

The very beginning of the bible hints at a saviour coming some day to rescue mankind (Genesis 3:15) and it ends with a saviour rescuing mankind. This is the "meat" of the bible, the main theme of the combined OT and NT.

Sure, your bible may hint that. But what about all of the other religions that have something to say about life, death, and the universe? They also weren't created to control people. What about them? Why were they written?

Btw, I appreciated your response but don't see how it addressed what you were replying to.

edit on 6-6-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

If I caused you to stumble in your faith, please forgive me this is not my intention.

It is also not my intention to mislead anyone.

The bible is full of mysteries and secrets and IMO the Kabbalists (Jewish sect) are more apt to find answers to these secrets that were written in their ancient language than some farmer in Missouri.....

So tell me.........When one prays to the Father or the Son how do they receive this message? Through the mail? Internet? Maybe an SMS? or is it supernatural? So if it is supernatural ..... can this be a form of magic?

When God spoke and said let their be light.........light shown upon the earth. His words became action not his hands pulling the sun towards the earth..... not a body function..... but a simple command that came from his mouth so what do you call that?

I am not a prophet and I do not add to the bible..... I stated in the begining of my thread that I do not take any credit for this information.

God bless you and your family.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Is it really mandatory to use parchment?

And is there a Psalm spell that can be used for Romance?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

a reply to: DeadSeraph

Thank you. It is an interesting subject and not taboo.

There is a part of the magical realm where real magic is accepted by God.

Zealous Jews have hid the numerous names of God throughout the bible and other books out of fear of the common MAN mispronouncing the correct names of God. At least this was their excuse.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but you have given way too much power to words in a book. The spirit isn't about the words in a book.

Healing from God is not about incantations, it is about faith.

Thier is no "secret" knowledge.

There is the Holy Spirit or Hellinism. This is not magic and you can connect with the Holy Spirit once you recognize that what is within you is all that you need to find the path to spiritual perfection.

Magic is an attempt to bring the spiritual world into material existence. One only needs faith to bring the spiritual world into material existence, and anyone can do this.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

a reply to: borntowatch

If I caused you to stumble in your faith, please forgive me this is not my intention.

It is also not my intention to mislead anyone.

The bible is full of mysteries and secrets and IMO the Kabbalists (Jewish sect) are more apt to find answers to these secrets that were written in their ancient language than some farmer in Missouri.....

So tell me.........When one prays to the Father or the Son how do they receive this message? Through the mail? Internet? Maybe an SMS? or is it supernatural? So if it is supernatural ..... can this be a form of magic?

When God spoke and said let their be light.........light shown upon the earth. His words became action not his hands pulling the sun towards the earth..... not a body function..... but a simple command that came from his mouth so what do you call that?

I am not a prophet and I do not add to the bible..... I stated in the begining of my thread that I do not take any credit for this information.

God bless you and your family.

You havnt caused me to stumble, I challenged your view.
Kabalism is not Christianity, Jesus did not teach Kabalism, Jesus taught worshiping God was about obeying the teachings He (Jesus) gave us.
I dont see Kabalism in the NT...anywhere, not Jesus, Paul or in any of the gospels, or epistles.

Thats it, sorry if it offends, its not my purpose.
Love God, live righteously according to Christs laws, earth is not heaven.

I dont see Kabalism and I dont see Judaism in the NT

Jesus is the Word.
John 1 1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.…

I can not reconcile kabalism with Christ in anyway through my understanding of the NT
bless you and your

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I won't be helping you derail this thread. In the meantime you should acquaint yourself with the difference between "proof" and "evidence".

There is more evidence to suggest the Exodus occurred than to suggest it didn't.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
There is more evidence to suggest the Exodus occurred than to suggest it didn't.

The exact opposite is true, as has been proven on many threads here.

PROOF - evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

EVIDENCE - the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

In the case of the Psalms, which is the topic of this thread, there is proof that some of the psalms were 'borrowed' from pagan religions. This is a habit the Hebrews were in ... taking things from other groups of people and adapting them to their own culture, rewriting history. It's no big deal. I don't know why some folks can't admit that is what the Hebrews did.

edit on 6/7/2015 by FlyersFan because: word

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I won't be helping you derail this thread.

Agreed. The whole point was that we have evidence that parts of the bible(Genesis, Psalms, Proverbs) were influenced by Egyptian texts and ideologies. I would include the Kaballah in that. Though I'm sure Egypt was not the only influence.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

meaning the tetragrammaton was placed inside this Egyptian tomb some time after 13th century BCE which had to come from the Israelites and not the Egyptians.

SOURCE

This is NOT the Hebrew Tetragrammaton, YHVH, the four fold expression of "god". This is a record of the Canaanite deity Yahwi.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Great OP. Bookmarked for future study.
Thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I've only read thus far....

I take no credit for this information. The information supplied has come from the Bible, Torah, Talmud, Mishnah and numerous scholars. They will be mentioned throughout the threads.

But wanted to stop nd say thank you for making this thread.
You have my undivided attention.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes, it seems the Hebrews may have originally been Canaanites, or closely related in some way. But as they grew and started becoming a culture of their own, they made sure to demonize everyone else to make themselves more legit. I was watching a Yale lecture on the Old Testament, and they talked briefly about how many of the descriptions and actions of God were very much like this or that Canaanite deity. Lot's of bits and pieces in the OT that reveal the old polytheistic beliefs being transformed.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

meaning the tetragrammaton was placed inside this Egyptian tomb some time after 13th century BCE which had to come from the Israelites and not the Egyptians.

SOURCE

This is NOT the Hebrew Tetragrammaton, YHVH, the four fold expression of "god". This is a record of the Canaanite deity Yahwi.

Canaan
Canaan was, during the late 2nd millennium BC, a region in the Ancient Near East, which as described in the Bible roughly corresponds to the Levant, i.e., present-day Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, western Jordan, and southwestern Syria

Of course this is correct but you failed to finish the story....... As Abraham and his large tribe moved throughout Mesotopania (Iran, Iraq, Syria etc....) part of the tribe settled in the old territory known as Canaan and lived amongst the Canaanites. This is where the Canaanites heard of YHWH, the God of Abraham.
edit on 8-6-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

As Abraham and his large tribe moved throughout Mesotopania (Iran, Iraq, Syria etc....)

Abraham and what large tribe? Abraham only had Isaac and Ishmael, (Sarah died before Abraham and Isaac returned from the mountain.)

You're assuming an awful lot based on the Bible only. There isn't even any evidence that Abraham was any more than a myth, let alone the supposed father of all these middle eastern nations.

According to the Bible, Abraham worshiped the same God as Melchizedek.

Genesis 14:18
Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High, 19 and he blessed Abram, saying,

“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,
Creator of heaven and earth.
20 And praise be to God Most High,
who delivered your enemies into your hand.

That would be El Elyon, not Yahweh.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Interesting. I'm finding it hard to believe that. Care to provide some sources? Particularly in regards to limb regrowth. Thank you.

I can easily understand your belief but it is true.

There are numerous sources and at the time I can only think of one - Steven Brooks - author of the book - How to operate in the gifts of the Spirit. He discusses a case where a pastor had lost a finger and had it reattached however the attachment did not take and one evening while standing on the podium teaching he shook his hand and his finger flew off and when he looked down a new finger had grown back. Hundreds of witnesses.

You can contact Mr. Brooks for additional information at: P.O. box 717, Moravian Falls, NC, USA 28654

WOW! That's pretty remarkable! So how come when I google this guy's name, I get his website and on his website is a bunch of televangelist claims of being able to pray injury and illness away, but no personal testimony of this story? You'd think that someone able to pray pain and sickness away would put their own personal story front and center, but nope. No mention of having regrown a finger after it flew off mid-sermon.

Methinks this guy is a one of the many charlatan televangist types that smack you in the forehead and yell that you are healed, everyone sees you behave ok for a few seconds and so believe that is the case, then never bother to follow up and see if the person was really healed.

PS: That was just one example, you made it sound like this is happening all the time. Where are the other examples of people regrowing lost limbs through prayer alone? These WERE your words after all:

Actually there are many eye witness accounts of people who have had limbs grow back, curved/damaged vertebrates straighten out, arches on feet appear to those with flat feet, people dead for hours waking up, etc..... all in our time frame not some 2,000 years ago.

Miracles are real and do happen.

edit on 8-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join