It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secrets hidden inside the book of Psalms.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

a source would be nice.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Doesn't sound like a case where anyone witnessed a finger spontaneously growing back, to be honest. From the crowd perspective it would be hard to know what was going on. There are other questions too. Was the whole finger initially severed, or just the end? How well documented was this? How well documented are any of these accounts you say happen frequently?

Do you know of any well documented and verified cases? Well documented and verified meaning there is proof said person was missing a limb one day (e.g. doctors note) but had a whole new limb the next day (e.g. doctors note).

Anecdotes are interesting head scratchers, to be sure. But is far from conclusive. If there are cases of miraculous things happening, that can't be attributed to none but God, I would think there is some documented cases some where that has scientists baffled. Or at least, the non believing ones.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Doesn't sound like a case where anyone witnessed a finger spontaneously growing back, to be honest. From the crowd perspective it would be hard to know what was going on.

Elmer Gantry

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The Psalms are beautiful prayers. I love the Compline chant of the Psalms.

That being said, it should be noted that the Psalms were not all written by David as is claimed. Many of them are actually pagan prayers from ancient Egypt, and elsewhere. (some are on Egyptian temples for worship of the sun god). They pre-date the Hebrews. They weren't originally written for the God of Abraham.

I am not sure who told you that the entire book of Psalms was written by David but you are right he did not write the entire Book of Psalms so lets take a look at who did:

The Hebrew title for this book is "Book of Praises" . The English title, however, was derived from the Greek word psalmoi which means "pious songs" or music of stringed instruments.

The Book of Psalms is a collection of the works of at least six authors. King David is accredited with writing seventy three Psalms and two others are assigned to him in the NT - Ps 2, Acts 4:25, Ps95, Hebrew 4:7. Asaph was the author of twelve Psalms (Ps 50, 73-83) the sons of Korah wrote eleven Psalms (Ps 42, 44-49, 84, 85, 87, 88) Solomon composed two (Ps 72, 127, Psalm 89 is attributed to Ethan, and Moses is the author of Psalm 90 and possibly 91.

Actually the entire book of Psalms corresponds to the five books of the Pentateuch.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

i know where this is all from now.

This is from a book.

Called Secrets of the Psalms by GodFrey A. Selig

I think you failed to mention that in the OP, but il forgive you. I was just having some trouble back tracking some of these ritualistic prayers trying to find relevance to scripts to quote from the bible rather than what could be a minority of Jews.

But im just assuming now.

Secrets of the Psalms

Actually in my original post I talk about being careful of reading the Sixth and seventh book of Moses. Yes, GodFrey A. Selig did write one version however his translations were incorrect. If you plan to read this book I recommend you look for the one written by Joseph H. Peterson.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
so does god exist outside of the universe if god is not the universe?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

so does god exist outside of the universe if god is not the universe?

Not sure where you are heading with this......?

God exist in the third heaven.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

yeah cuz these don't seem like bible quotes. Was trying to figure out where you found these. You have a link where you are pulling this information from?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The pyramid on the $1 bill does not represent God The Heavenly Father of Light. Pyramid structure goes against Christ's teachings that The Kingdom of God is within and that we should love our neighbour as ourselves - the teachings of Equality.

The God that Christ taught in the Gospel is The Merciful Father who loves all (Luke 6:35-36), and Christ warned not to look here or there for The Kingdom of God because it is within (Luke 17:21).

Loving, merciful Prayers to our loving, merciful God in Heaven to bring more Love and Mercy to the world is the most powerful prayers. Loving prayers are good for All. The True God is always Supreme...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

yeah cuz these don't seem like bible quotes. Was trying to figure out where you found these. You have a link where you are pulling this information from?

Read the treatise of Rabbi Schimschon bar Abraham in his book Responsiones Raschaba. Take a look at the words of enlightened Rabbi Jochanan ben Sackas in his Treatise of the Talmud and Sanhedrin where he speaks of magical conjurations and asserts and proves that it is allowed, in dangerous and incurable diseases to make use of words and passages in the Holy Scripture for their cure. You will find similar references in the Treatise of Sabbath in the Talmud as well as in Responsonibus by Zemach, son of Simonis, in which the 92nd Psalm as a certain means to avoid suffering and danger, enabling us to escape unharmed, free, secure and without hindrance.

For those who have read the Sixth and Seventh book of Moses – a word of caution….. there have been a few authors who have made weak attempts at translating these books from Hebrew and German. I highly recommend you purchase this book from author: Joseph H. Peterson.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

im reading about this third heaven stuff but i don't really understand what it means. Is it the universe outside the universe that is holding our Universe? Sorry to get off topic here.

Some sort of Multiverse creation? of infinite looping universes into creation, So god has a creator. And that God has its own creator all living in looping infinite Universes existing bigger and smaller infinitely. Pretty insain it wrap the head around but okay. Alls good until one of the Gods above our chain decides to disconnect the god existing in the third heaven.

Lets hope that never happens.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a source would be nice.

Sorry. It's been discussed here so many times over the years that I assumed everyone knew this.

The Psalms. Mostly credited to be written by David. In reality, many of them were written for the pagan gods in Egypt and elsewhere.

Psalm 104 side by side example with Aten poem - HERE

I'll have to do a search here for the rest of the information.
Right now ... I have to go do dinner for the family.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

im reading about this third heaven stuff but i don't really understand what it means. Is it the universe outside the universe that is holding our Universe? Sorry to get off topic here.

Some sort of Multiverse creation? of infinite looping universes into creation, So god has a creator. And that God has its own creator all living in looping infinite Universes existing bigger and smaller infinitely. Pretty insain it wrap the head around but okay. Alls good until one of the Gods above our chain decides to disconnect the god existing in the third heaven.

Lets hope that never happens.

God is the begining and the end - Alpha and Omega who exist beyond what man can phantom. I don't believe anyone knows God's address and his exact location other than he rules from the third heaven.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Considering the Hebrews close ties to Egyptian culture, I don't find the similarities here overly shocking.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Considering the Hebrews close ties to Egyptian culture, I don't find the similarities here overly shocking.

Except they worshipped different Gods.........

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

well thanks for the replies.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yes. and?

You find elements of mesopotamian myths in genesis (the Bible states specifically that Abraham came from Mesopotamia) and elements of Babylonian culture seeping into the old testament while the Hebrews were captive there as well. I fail to see why this connection means anything at all.

Flyersfan seems to think it is evidence some of the psalms were originally written for Egyptian gods. I fail to see the evidence for this. All I see are similarities in syntax. In other words, Flyersfan has no real evidence for her claims regarding the psalms. She is a very vocal critic of the old testament on ATS (while professing faith in Christianity), yet her criticisms never seem to hold much water.

ETA:

She is also on record as stating Moses never existed (despite the fact he appeared with Jesus during the transfiguration), the Hebrews were never slaves in Egypt, The Exodus never happened, etc etc.
edit on 6-6-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

a source would be nice.

Sorry. It's been discussed here so many times over the years that I assumed everyone knew this.

The Psalms. Mostly credited to be written by David. In reality, many of them were written for the pagan gods in Egypt and elsewhere.

Psalm 104 side by side example with Aten poem - HERE

I'll have to do a search here for the rest of the information.
Right now ... I have to go do dinner for the family.

I have indeed heard of this but I do not believe this to be true and possibly a historical mix up, which is often known to occur.

Israel emerges into the historical record in the last decades of the 13th century BCE, at the very end of the Late Bronze Age, as the Cannanite city-state system was ending.[17] Scholars agree that the Israelite community arose peacefully and internally in the highlands of Canaan[18]–in the words of archaeologist William Dever, "most of those who came to call themselves Israelites … were or had been indigenous Canaanites."[19][Notes 1] Israelite religion accordingly emerged gradually from a Canaanite milieu.

You speak of the 18th dynasty when Aten was at its height and known throughout the Egyptian kingdom but the tetragrammaton did not become known until 13th century BCE - meaning the tetragrammaton was placed inside this Egyptian tomb some time after 13th century BCE which had to come from the Israelites and not the Egyptians.

This time frame (13 century BCE) places the Israelites inside Egypt making it possible the poem originated from the Israelites and not the Egyptians.
edit on 6-6-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Precisely.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

She is also on record as stating Moses never existed (despite the fact he appeared with Jesus during the transfiguration), the Hebrews were never slaves in Egypt, The Exodus never happened, etc etc.

He did? And what evidence do we have for that event other than the bible? It is said that Buddha was twice transfigured. What makes one more believable than the other?

FF is at least using science to support her stance.

edit on 6/6/2015 by Klassified because: punctuation

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join