It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: thefallenone
a reply to: Greathouse

This is not about rights. You and others keep saying it is. THIS IS ABOUT HATE.

If you watched the video you could have seen Muslim protesters in America expressing hate. So you must agree they should give up their rights to do that?

Or is it specifically anti-Islam hate?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This is true. Honestly I don't agree with either side. The anti protesters should have let it go on. It just makes them look foolish to get upset about this. It would have been a better stand on their part to let the protesters look like the bigots they are. a reply to: LDragonFire

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: thefallenone

Call it what you will but it's still speech.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You are taking about only one set of laws being in America.

Thought you we getting at that is good we are standing up to some other set of laws.

If I was mistaken I apologize.

link   

No.. its not.

It is not hate to say I will stand against anyone who wants to kill me for exercising my right to free speech.

It is not hate to say, if the nut jobs come to kill us, we WILL fight back.

that is not hate. It is hate to say we will kill you if you exercise the rights you have in your own country....

link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

No the problem lies with the bigots. I have no issues with Muslims. Do you and if so why?

There are billions of Muslims and so few attacks and most happen in the middle east. Plus they are killing other Muslims, so why should they go out of their way to prove anything to anyone.

link   

I see and believe me I understand, but also we most understand that many people from middle eastern countries still have family member back home and taking into consideration how ISIS is been operating, some people may feel that their family could be in danger if they talk against them, for those that do not have family they are free to do so.

link   

Are you sure that is America?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I have told you time and time again. I am not against free speech , I am against idiots spreading hate just because they can.

You are so full of it, this is about hate pure and simple. The only rights being attacked here are the Muslim Americans and their right to pray without fear.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Oh, I got you, what I mean is that in the US our laws are for everybody in our nation to be enjoyed, they come first, but we also know that when it comes to immigrants, sometimes their religion also comes with laws.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I don't have problems with Muslims who don't want to kill me.

I don't have a problem with white people who don't want to kill me.

I don't have a problem with black people who don't want to kill me.

I don't have a problem with atheists who don't want to kill me.

I don't have a problem with Christians who don't want to kill me.

I DO have a problem with anyone who says they will kill me for exercising my constitutional rights. I live in this country free, and I will die free... no one will enslave me for not following what THEY decide is right for me.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Frankly speaking I support both sides and the rights they both have to do what they are doing, and I'm proud that both sides have been able to express there opinions without violence. This is America or the dream it has always been.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It would only be a matter of time til it is, if this or any other tenant held... is allowed to have power outside of congregations on non-believers. Much the same way; debates about gay rights are in the political theater, when it is ethically a non issue. It is a moral issue only, and one that is religious in nature... it has no place in politics, and never even needed to be debated; especially any legislation enacted against it... as it falls under the umbrella of; the pursuit of happiness which is constitutionally protected.

The fore-fathers knew this; when they were forming the language for the new government, which is why the separation of church and state language exists in it. They left a church dominated government, that was one of oppression... they certainly didn't want to create that in the newly formed US, and made sure to write protections against it, in an attempt to keep it out of the political theater, and stay in churches where it belongs, and where the choice to follow a tenant or practice was an individual choice, not a group choice by government to form into a law whether one likes it or not... because that's what they were leaving.

link   

Then you don't have a problem with the majority of everyone you listed.

Why are these people protesting people that has nothing to do with what happened in Texas?

Is that really what free speech is about?

How do they know these are the people that want to kill them? ?

link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

No.. its not.

It is not hate to say I will stand against anyone who wants to kill me for exercising my right to free speech.

It is not hate to say, if the nut jobs come to kill us, we WILL fight back.

that is not hate. It is hate to say we will kill you if you exercise the rights you have in your own country....

This is about hate. They go at a time people are trying to pray in order to intimidate. They go out of their way to insult a religion.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Next protest, Muslim Americans should legally arm themselves and protest a church on Sunday morning.

Watch all the supporters for this protest be up in arms for that one.

And they should it is their right as Americans.

Try not to be afraid of speech cause sticks and stones and all that.

This is not about free speech. It is about hate and ignorance.

I think this started because two people who attended this mosque decided to kill people in a drawing contest.

I ask you, where did they get the notion this would be a good thing?

You have to wonder who instilled this mindset.. could they have learned this at the mosque they attended?

edit on 093131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Please, quit lying about what this protest is really about.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yep , it happens more than you think to. Just another way the media is training people. Some of the members on this thread are complete hypocrites. Some of the members on this thread attacking the protesters rights. Have also been on threads supporting hatred against America like flagburning.

The same members who will get out and call for death to Israel. Just don't like it when somebody protest against something they agree with.

When it comes to rights. You are either all in or not in at all. There is no middle ground.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

No the problem lies with the bigots. I have no issues with Muslims. Do you and if so why?

There are billions of Muslims and so few attacks and most happen in the middle east. Plus they are killing other Muslims, so why should they go out of their way to prove anything to anyone.

I must disagree.

Type this in Google "Attacks on synagogues" and see just how many pop up in Europe. There are too many to link in this thread. You will see that the attacks are done by Muslims.

Type this in Google "Attacks on churches" and see how many pop up. You will also see that they were attacked by Muslims.

And then type this in Google "Attacks on mosques" and the ones you do see are in retaliation for previous attacks from Muslims and more than half are attacks from different sides in Islam.

So few attacks? We don't have enough time to go through all of them.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I think this a protest Against hate.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join