It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Here's the thing... no one is trying to make it against the law to draw a cartoon.

This, a thousands times this.

This is not a rally for free speech, I don't care what anyone says.
It is a rally for hate.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The crowd seems to be close to equal in size, there are some in the crowd who are heavily armed.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Exactly.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If drawing a cartoon causes violence, there is a serious issue in the minds of those who it offends. How crazy do you have to be to get upset about a drawing? Even if its right next to a Mosque. Just another pathetic example of how religion just causes problems.

Good day

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If folks burn the American flag and such, it's protected speech, so this is, too.

As for the "yelling fire in an auditorium" argument, what you're basically saying is that in this situation, they're automatically as dangerous as falsely yelling fire in an auditorium with a bunch of people that may panic.

Think about that for a second and then tell me how that's not discriminatory, inflammatory, and even more offensive than just the cartoon thing.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bongripasaurus
If drawing a cartoon causes violence, there is a serious issue in the minds of those who it offends. How crazy do you have to be to get upset about a drawing? Even if its right next to a Mosque. Just another pathetic example of how religion just causes problems.

Good day

Hanging outside a place of worship with guns seems equally as sick.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Im still wondering how they connected those two from Texas back to this place, no one seems to want to answer that.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bongripasaurus

Good day

This protest is not about that. It is about hate and going out of your way to instigate trouble.

Just because you can, should you be going out of your way to insult and spew hate.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bongripasaurus

It goes back to the beginnings of religion, it seems that it has never been about peace and love, at least when you do not share the same believes or worship the same icons, then again we most understand the laws behind some religions also.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I think you're looking for logic in people that think it's a dirty word.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Fox news spreads hate and lies about Muslims and now they are covering it and going what is with all the hate.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You think they were recruited in that In that place of worship?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

It is making a point.. perhaps one the radicals will hear... it is not to threaten anyone's life who is doing no harm nor causing harm, it is to say.. we are not an unarmed citizenry..

ISIS has been making tons of threats lately... people have been dying over free speech... ISIS is threatening people who exercise their rights to free speech in countries where that speech is protected.. so they are making the statement "We are not an unarmed citizenry"

If the mosque goers agree with the freedom they have in this country, and don't want to see the crazies win through intimidation and threats, they are free to join the protestors..

they can show the extremists the same as a white man.. its about standing up and saying we wont take it. Muslims can join too.. I am sure no one said if you are Muslim you are not invited.. it is about standing up.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Geez, kind of idiotic to tell people not to come and worship because it may cause trouble.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I know it's a local FOX affiliate but I can't believe what I'm hearing from the commentators. I'm impressed.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

What is your position on this rally?

My opinion is they are both hate, intimidation, baiting and wrong. But I would not deny the Muslims right to state their opinions either.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: LDragonFire

It is making a point.. perhaps one the radicals will hear... it is not to threaten anyone's life who is doing no harm nor causing harm, it is to say.. we are not an unarmed citizenry..

ISIS has been making tons of threats lately... people have been dying over free speech... ISIS is threatening people who exercise their rights to free speech in countries where that speech is protected.. so they are making the statement "We are not an unarmed citizenry"

If the mosque goers agree with the freedom they have in this country, and don't want to see the crazies win through intimidation and threats, they are free to join the protestors..

they can show the extremists the same as a white man.. its about standing up and saying we wont take it. Muslims can join too.. I am sure no one said if you are Muslim you are not invited.. it is about standing up.

So you go after peaceful Muslims instead of the target group.

ISIS makes threats so let's target the peaceful ones. This has nothing to do with showing anything to ISIS or free speech, it is about hate pure and simple.

If you think otherwise, stop lying to yourself.

link   

The anti protesters are between the protesters and the mosque and the police are separating them, seems pretty calm right now.

link   
a reply to: marg6043

That is what is being said, that is the 'reason' they chose this location.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join