It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Expected for Mohammed Cartoon Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I took about a minute to load for me, although I have no sound.

link   

originally posted by: Daedal
a reply to: LDragonFire

Link to live stream.

Looks like there is some action including police activity going on .

link   

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

I will have to research on that one, because we do have laws when it comes to dirty language.

Yes is obscenity laws and is under civil liberties as is falls under freedom of speech, each state have its own way to regulate public obscenity

link   
This is not even about Free speech, it is about hate.

Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or completely ignorant of the true reason.

link   

Do you have sound on your end?

link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Burn a flag, Burn a Bible, Draw Mohammed.

These change Earth's axis how?

I support being respectful, so I don't support any of those, it is the pinnacle of disrespect to those who you just know hold those values dear. It's trolling other groups because we just can, to make a point.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm hoping something happens, like a bomb. Shoot your guns at the incoming projectiles people.

It's my right to say that. Blow em all to hell. Make the world a better place

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Do you have sound on your end?

no sound:

both sides are screaming at each other and things are very heated according to twitter

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Here is the live link posted earlier

fox10

edit on 29-5-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
www.nbcnews.com...

You getting audio on that feed? I'm not on either one.

I see at least one protestor wearing a neo-Nazi shirt.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

This one just said they are going to get a reporter from the ground on so we should see some more

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I don't have the time to read through all 16 pages of comments so my apologies if this post is just a re-iteration of something already said.

The first amendment protects the right to assemble and associate with, whomever anyone wants too. There are laws against inciting a riot which is what this appears to be... of course the ground of it is a bit different, as there is a conflict with the ideology of not drawing Mohammed and the freedom of speech. The irony is if the Mosque members use the right to assemble and associate to protest the drawing event to authorities, while ignoring the bias their dogma has about freedom of speech... it becomes a very weird situation, but a very easy one for a decision and why there is a such thing as separation of church and state.

It simply boils down to if you believe it is wrong to draw Mohammed, then don't draw him. Trying to make that a policy outside of the religion to force on those that drawing him or not doesn't matter... as it is not constitutionally legal to demand on the public. The bottom line is belief, shouldn't be allowed to create any legislation as it is moral in nature... of course ethically, it's disrespectful to hold such a contest that could incite a riot or cause unrest in the community at large. Morals and ethics are constantly mixed up as being the same thing... when they are not the same thing at all. Morals are created off of belief or faith based ideology and a huge complicated mess if allowed into the political arena, and ethics just deals with the concept of right and wrong from a respect in a non-discriminatory manner.

I'm not sure when the US allowed morals to get mixed up and confused with ethics... but it was a mistake, that many are trying and working to fix, because it creates discrimination, intolerance, and conflict between believers and non believers. Ethics do not require an ideology to function like morals do; just an unbiased concept.

My judgment, is Islam has every right to restrict it's members from drawing Mohammed as a tenet, but zero right to expect that of anyone outside of Islam and it should remain that way... due to separation of church and state. The draw Mohammed contest though extremely disrespectful, is really a protest to keep the tenets of the religion where it belongs ie. their own congregations.

The silliest part is, if adherents of Islam kept their tenet expectation to just themselves... a lot lot less people would be trying to draw Mohammed. The most difficult part of this on the world stage, is the concept of a jihad. It is meant to be an internal holy war to purify oneself within... at some point it was decided to externalize the jihad, possibly from an "out of sight, out of mind" concept. With the concept of pure and impure, external "impurities" can only enter if someone opens them-self up to an impurity otherwise the self will remain unstained, no matter how much wallowing one is surrounded by. Temptation to wallow, will not cease if the stimulus is removed... as thought in the external jihad. Who is going to be more incensed or tempted by bare breasts? The one that rarely sees them, or the one that sees them all the time? The one that sees them all the time, largely becomes desensitized to where they have little or no effect when seen.

For example; I block ads to speed up load times... I hadn't seen a single ad in close to 6 years, then the auto update for the plug-in quit working, I saw an ad and was like whoa, what is this business? But before I started ad blocking to speed page loads, I quit even noticing ads, so it was a shock to see them. In my opinion, the understanding of becoming desensitized to a stimulus, could help out a lot to adherents of religion that believe; a total avoidance of a stimulus will make the undesirable desire go away... but in reality, avoidance only exacerbates the problem instead of solving it. The avoidance business, is part of what led many priests to molestation and other sexual deviance in the Catholic church, that has the celibacy/chastity tenet for priests to follow. Denial of ones natural urges, is an extreme ideology... because it antagonizes something that would normally be in a healthy balance, if not avoided in such a manner.

Of course the wrench, is when someone has a particular fetish or draw to a specific stimulus... but in those cases, neither avoidance or over stimulation will satiate the desire for whatever fetish, as that is really an addiction that requires behavioral modification to over come... if the fetish is even, a hindrance to the quality of ones life to begin with. Obviously, if there is a victim involved in order to indulge ones fetish... behavioral modification, is the course that should be taken.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Link to live stream.

Looks like there is some action including police activity going on .

who the heck is filming this? Are they laying on the ground?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
www.nbcnews.com...

You getting audio on that feed? I'm not on either one.

I see at least one protestor wearing a neo-Nazi shirt.

No, no audio

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

While most civilized America does respects each other, I find very distasteful many actions committed against cultural/national items and religious idol worshipping, is also the rights that our constitution gives us that we also have to cherish and preserve because remember, to us, our constitutional rights are everyday normal, but for those that comes from other countries were oppression is the norm they do not understand those freedoms, but they embrace them the same once they learn them.

So lets enjoy them while it last, hates always find its way into anything no matter what.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
They are commenting on the youtube live stream

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Here is the live link posted earlier

fox10

This is a better feed with audio.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

how do I find that?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Here's the thing... no one is trying to make it against the law to draw a cartoon.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join