It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is being called a Nuke! Can someone identify this weapon? Yemen Conflict.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just for comparison have a look at this...

Fuel dump strike? Maybe?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have seen a nuke go off.
As a kid we went to a mountain top near Beatty, Nevada and watched one of the above ground test on the nevada test site.

The fireball was not yellow but a rolling mix of green, red, blue,and white as it came over the hill between us and the test site.
And the fireball stayed in the mushroom top of the cloud.
I have never heard a good explanation as to why this mix of colors never shows up of the old films of the Nevada tests.

The video shows something like a fuel storage or large propane tank area being hit.

You will know if you ever see a real nuke go off.
There is nothing else like it.

link   
a reply to: johnwick

Exactly. It could be a truck driven into an ammo dump and blown up, failure to follow basic safety measures, or anything in between.
edit on 5/27/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Yep, my grandpa was on the first ship to explode, the Grandcamp. He was last seen carrying a fire hose up the gangplank sometime before the detonation took place.

It was measured on a seismometer in Denver and knocked a couple of airplanes out of the sky.

There were hunks of metal found many many miles away.

In the show I saw, well it was more of a documentary, anyhow they showed before and after pics.

It was almost like the pics from Japan after the atom bombs.

Your grandfather had to have some real big balls to do anything but run for his life in that situation.

I bet one could hear them clink when he walked up the gangplank with the hose.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

originally posted by: bharata
a reply to: Greathouse

Apparently the strike was four to five kilometres away. The fuel air explosive in the video you posted is impressive but is still not as large.

Ok

How about this one?

By the way fuel air explosive can yield up to 1 kt of blast equivalent. For years they were called the poor man's nuclear weapon.

That is more like it!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

well its too big to just be a missile, but it doesnt mushroom cloud, so if it was a nuke it would be the #tiest nuke on the planet....

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Now they are going to run around thinking their imaginary man in the sky protected them from a nuke. When one really goes off they will all be confidently unsheltered just before they melt.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Emp doesnt travel at the speed of light which is 186,000 m/s it travels at the speed of an electron, which is 1000m/s an emp is an electromagnetic pulse. Aka a electron pulse. Just a FYI, all the rest of your info looks good thoughts go.

Camain

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Those are not nukes. They are large fuel air bombs.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bharata
Not a classic tactical nuke.And is surely not a neutron bomb(they do not behave like that) .Looks more like a direct hit on a weapon storage facility

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Yeah the damage was truly mind numbing. I hadnt been born yet, my dad aas only 10 or so when it happened so all I have are stories and a few pictures of him. Oh, and his name which gives me a sense of connection and a strange feeling when I visit the memorial park and see his/my name on the wall.

There's a tree with our family name that got moved and became somewhat famous worldwide a few years ago that I had a big part in saving and is now part of a park that bears our family name. It's pretty cool that I can take my kids to a park that has their name.

His memory was one of the main impetus behind my drive to see something as (to maby people) inconsequential as a tree.

Wow, enough off topic nonsense.

I think we both agree that the OP is a large conventional explosion and any notion of this being nuclear is absurd.

Oh, and that even conventional explosions can do tremendous damage.
edit on 27-5-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I am not sure but it looks like an FAE fuel air explosive.
If I had to guess this would be it.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: camain
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Emp doesnt travel at the speed of light which is 186,000 m/s it travels at the speed of an electron, which is 1000m/s an emp is an electromagnetic pulse. Aka a electron pulse. Just a FYI, all the rest of your info looks good thoughts go.

Camain

actually electromagnetic radiation does travels @ the speed of light

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but the US and Russia developed a fuel vacuum bomb has the force of a nuke, without the chemical or radiological fallout. The explosion in the videos seems to be indicative of such a device, although I'm not a munitions expert.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

That were nukes. But we are able to contain the area of impact and render the nukes more or less useless.
Nukes only work when thrown on other nuklear powers ...

Yemen has support.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Definitely NOT a nuclear detonation. If it had been a nuke, that camera would've been rendered useless by the EMP effects, and those nearby buildings would've been wrecked.

As others have said, it looks like a munitions or fuel dump has exploded, or perhaps it was a FAE (Fuel-Air Explosive).

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hewriteshere

That were nukes. But we are able to contain the area of impact and render the nukes more or less useless.
Nukes only work when thrown on other nuklear powers ...

Yemen has support.

You just proved what I said will happen in my last post.

Your winky wink at the end of your post is not going to make your hogwash statements true.

So enlighten us how you were able to contain a nuclear blast? Did it take a certain number of chants? A blood sacrifice? A fart from your Caliph in that general direction?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
When it comes to an explosion looking like a nuke, remember the Halifax Explosion of 1917...... The first nuke explosion taking place 28 years later.....

Source: WP - The Halifax Explosion

The Halifax Explosion occurred in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, on the morning of 6 December 1917. SS Mont-Blanc, a French cargo ship fully loaded with wartime explosives, was involved in a collision with the Norwegian vessel SS Imo in the Narrows, a strait connecting the upper Halifax Harbour to Bedford Basin. Approximately twenty minutes later, a fire on board the French ship ignited her explosive cargo, causing a cataclysmic explosion that devastated the Richmond District of Halifax. Approximately 2,000 people were killed by debris, fires, and collapsed buildings, and an estimated 9,000 others were injured

edit on 28-5-2015 by charlyv because: content

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This looks like it may have been a thermobaric bomb, not a nuke. An insanely powerful weapon, but not a nuke, ....I would sh$t my pants if I saw that out of my back porch like this poor joker did...

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

That my friend was a prime example of the hardest anyone has prayed ever... they just have to focus on their accuracy and maybe one day religion can save the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join