It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is being called a Nuke! Can someone identify this weapon? Yemen Conflict.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

Um, wow, you aren't even close. F-16Cs are the only ones being sold now. Turkey, Jordan, the UAE, and now Iraq all fly F-16Cs.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv
a reply to: bharata
I am hearing from my sources that the two F-16C's were definitely
Israeli since

Oh yah, what sources are those? BIN, GLP , AJ or one of the others?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Thats an extraordinary claim, and now requires extraordinary proof I'm afraid.

ATS has a very strong stance against hoaxers.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Here are some actual facts for you.

F-16C operators in the Middle East:

Bahrain- 22 Block 40 aircraft
Egypt- 220 various Block F-16Cs
Israel- F-16I based on the Block 52+
Oman- 12 Block 50
Pakistan- 18 Block 52
Turkey- 30 Block 50
UAE- 80 Block 60

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Is it just me?

I heard a womans voice in the second video that gave reason for me to ask...
WTF is wrong with people chattering about the big stupid bomb and how neat it looks?
I heard panic in her words that didn't make learning the language a necessity...
I guess I'm lucky that I am so far away?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
This is what a small nuke looks like (14kt)

I do wish people would actually research things before they come up with these bull# claims. Half of them wouldn't know a nuke if one actually dropped on them.

BTW, that artillery piece is "atomic Annie", I have pics of me standing next to it are the FORT Sill artillery museum.

The only artillery cannon in recorded history to actually fire a nuclear round.
edit on 28-5-2015 by johnwick because: auto correct got me again

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Israeli since no f-16C has been sold to any country except Israel,
and, they have been specifically outfitted for the express purpose
of delivering a Neutron bomb, in addition, these deliveries are also
designed to be suicide missions, and considering that both of them
crashed, it would appear it was a suicide mission.

Thanks for the post OP

Rebel 5

Only isreal can buy F-16s?

Ahahahaha bwahahHah. Ahhaahahaha!!!!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

It was a fuel air explosive.

I would agree it was this, a gas, or ammo dump explosion. You can clearly see a fire burning prior to the explosion. It most certainly was not a bomb or missile.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Israeli since no f-16C has been sold to any country except Israel,
and, they have been specifically outfitted for the express purpose
of delivering a Neutron bomb, in addition, these deliveries are also
designed to be suicide missions, and considering that both of them
crashed, it would appear it was a suicide mission.

Thanks for the post OP

Rebel 5

They were piloted by SAUDI pilots apparently though. And also its kill radius is around 25 km which would had killed the cameraman too.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
what about this? fuel dump?.. they claim to be nukes but i don't think so..
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Here's another really minor problem with the idea of them being Israeli F-16s painted with Saudi markings. Saudi Arabia doesn't fly F-16s, at all. Why would they paint an aircraft with Saudi markings, when everyone knows that Saudi doesn't operate them? Why not use F-15s, which Saudi DOES operate if you're trying to pass off your aircraft as belonging to someone else?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

I believe a neutron bomb should be an air blast over a population center. These things are MAD weapons. Not designed for military tactical strikes.

They were designed for military tactical strikes, in particular against a Soviet armored advance onto West Germany.

There are few applications now given the performance of guided conventional missiles. One may be against the heavily dug-in artillery above Seoul, which could cause extreme civilian casualties in a short time.

And no, this isn't even remotely big enough to be a small neutron bomb (e.g. 5kt)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Um, wow, you aren't even close. F-16Cs are the only ones being sold now. Turkey, Jordan, the UAE, and now Iraq all fly F-16Cs.

Sorry, I was trying to remember and I might have gotten it wrong; maybe they were F-16I's, anyway,
only sold to Israel (as far as middle eastern nations go) as far as I understand)

Rebel 5

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Thats an extraordinary claim, and now requires extraordinary proof I'm afraid.

ATS has a very strong stance against hoaxers.

I'm not a hoaxer. I heard a radio show guests indicate that the type
of aircraft was only sold to Israel, I apparently remembered the type wrong,
however.

Rebel 5

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Israeli since

Oh yah, what sources are those? BIN, GLP , AJ or one of the others?

It was a guest on The Rense show, I don't remember his name
now.

Rebel 5

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

There's no way to tell an F-16I from a Block 60, except to examine the systems on board. And after a shootdown, and crash, the systems that would tell them apart would be destroyed. There are minor external differences, such as antennas and the like, but again, most of the locations of those would be destroyed in the crash and post crash fire.

UAE Block 60:

F-16I:

There WAS a Saudi F-15 that had to drop its external stores, including missiles, recently. The rebels claimed that it was a Saudi F-16 that they shot down, but you can see from the pictures that the parts they show match an F-15 external stores better.
edit on 5/29/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
That's not a nuke. Not even a little one. If that was a nuke the flash would have blinded the camera man right before he got vaporized.

There's other munitions that create that sort of mushroom cloud effect when they go off. They aren't a big secret or classified, the information is in the public domain.

But too many people are too ignorant and just plain old dumb(not having a go at the OP btw), and the moment they see a mushrom like cloud from a missile going off, the first thing they do is get on youtube and start ranting about nukes being dropped.

Believe in the fact that if Western allies in the Middle East started using nuclear weapons, the Russian's and Chinese would not sit quietly by and watch. They'd make a lot of noise about a nuclear weapon being used, especially the Russian's after the Americans tried to blame Assad(their ally) for using chemical weapons in Syria to justify attacking him directly rather then by proxy.

And of course, there is the fact of the flash, etc etc.

But hey, why let the facts get in the way of sensationalism designed to get thousands of views on a youtube video.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

So they weren't "your" sources. They were an independent radio show.

Can I suggest that you post in such a style that does not attempt to indicate that you have a direct link to information?

Can I also suggest that you don't believe everything that you see/hear in the internet or promote it as "fact" without doing some actual factual research on the subject?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There's no way to tell an F-16I from a Block 60, except to examine the systems on board. And after a shootdown, and crash, the systems that would tell them apart would be destroyed. There are minor external differences, such as antennas and the like, but again, most of the locations of those would be destroyed in the crash and post crash fire.

UAE Block 60:

F-16I:

There WAS a Saudi F-15 that had to drop its external stores, including missiles, recently. The rebels claimed that it was a Saudi F-16 that they shot down, but you can see from the pictures that the parts they show match an F-15 external stores better.

Unless Israel and the UAE start painting their F16's with each others paint schemes, then any wreckage from a crash site could likely have some remnants of parts of the aircraft's wings or body with identifying marks.
Would certain parts and components have serial numbers etched or imprinted during manufacture on them?
I think in most cases they would be able to identify it from a crash.

Examples..

Tail at the bottom left would easily identify who this F16 belongs to.

As most, if not all Air Forces have markings on the wings(such as their roundels), they'd be able to identify this one.

Fairly obvious one.

Of course I'm not suggesting all crash sites are like these.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

If you're trying to be covert, you're not going to send aircraft painted with your flag somewhere on it. Supposedly these were painted with Saudi Arabian markings, and were identified by other methods as Israeli (supposedly because no one else bought the type). If they were painted as another nations, the only way to identify them as Israeli would be because of systems on board, which means they would have had to have been hit, and come down almost intact, and not burned in a post crash fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join