It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hey man if your implying we should start a revolution then I'm down. I have no love for the TPTB but the problem is they have already won because of their superb and finely tuned divide and conquer tactics. Not to mention that we couldn't coexist together in a fox hole because I would disgust (or secretly appeal to) you too much for you to set aside your differences in the name of combating a common enemy which I assure you I could. I know about camaraderie and being brothers in arms despite personal feelings towards individuals. t reply to: Seamrog

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You also seem to be the type that is not afraid to frivolously throw around the word children to play on the irrational and emotional fears of your fellow small minded individuals, OMG the children the children!!!! Which Ironically is a indirect exploitation of children as it would be. Look at it like this, if things were the way you wanted then many children out there would not have been adopted by nice, stable, moral and successful gay couples meaning they would still be in their state run group homes. I assure you those places are far worse than being in a household with two males or females that love that child unconditionally and have taken the burden of support for that child off of the shoulders of the state (tax payers). You would have them stay there though correct? a reply to: Seamrog

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
A partial quote from lindalinda: "..None of [that] magically makes you a woman so don't expect me to pretend otherwise. "

Gosh, you certainly sound unhappy today my dear.. a little curt as it were..

I would wonder what your definition of a woman might be; I have my own ideas about that definition though: A woman to me is someone who has to tolerate curt impolite unhappy men..
edit on 20-5-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: tony9802

You know what your problem is Mr. Seamfrog.. your government has sold itself out to an Islamic takeover.. and you are scared to DEATH of a bunch of Muslim Extremists taking over your land, and you are trying to take out your anger, on a bunch of nice people, writing here on a thread concerning indecent behavior towards the Transgendered community.. I am about to make you go back home to cry in your pillow, because and you know for a fact, your foolish Republic has been taken over, by a bunch of Communist siding Muslims sympathizers against whom you are perfectly unable to fight, so you need to take a fight up against a bunch of kind gentle TG community folk to vent your damned anger, anger that your fundamentalist God Jehovah will NOT honor.. you either love your brother, including your Transgendered brother..

Let me reel you back in here before you fall into the abyss by reminding you of what islamists do to homosexuals and men who pretend to be women.

They burn them.
They remove their heads from their bodies.
They stone them.
They push them off moderately tall buildings.
They drag them behind trucks, etc.

If the islamists are allowed to take hold in America like they have in secular Europe, you can bet you will really understand what 'intolerance' and 'hatred' mean.

You don't have a clue.

I'm not sure whether you are aware of it or not, but that is exactly what Islamists do to Christians..it is happening at this very moment in fact.. Your enemy is not the TG community and the respect they seek.. your enemy is the monstrousity group mentioned above..

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Seamrog

Why do you keep referring to gender reassignment surgery as genitalia mutilation? It's just surgery, elective surgery at that. Genitalia mutilation is something that is usually forced on the individual not something they accept completely on their own.

That's exactly what I keep telling him..this gentleman keeps comparing SRS to some kind of practice found say for example in Central or Northern Africa, where genital mutilation does indeed occur.. Children, normally young girls have their anatomy forcibly removed to please cultural and religious edicts and customs. You simply cannot use this terminology to derogatorily describe surgery that is chosen and "elected;"

There is no comparison whatsoever..

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You know I've actually met her briefly in real life and she is a really awesome person.a reply to: tony9802

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
You know I've actually met her briefly in real life and she is a really awesome person.a reply to: tony9802

Who are you referring to? not lindalinda?

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Agree here 100% it is not right to belittle or undermine the trauma those poor people have endured at the hands of hateful savage barbarians in the name of misguided religious values. a reply to: tony9802

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Oh, I'm sorry you must be referring to Kristin Beck.. that's fabulous..

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
No no lol, I meant Kristin Beck the SEALa reply to: tony9802

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Agree here 100% it is not right to belittle or undermine the trauma those poor people have endured at the hands of hateful savage barbarians in the name of misguided religious values. a reply to: tony9802

Right, absolutely, and it's happening on an exponential level throughout the MEast and the NearEast... Personally, I don't think it's going to get better, since technically speaking a Third World War has already started..at least in that part of the world..Most of the West and the Occident simply look away, but fortunately there are few nations that are trying to help..

It really is terrible..

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

No no lol, I meant Kristin Beck the SEALa reply to: tony9802

What was she like? I notice that the film actually either won a HumanRightsWatch award in 2014-2015 or was nominated to win that award..That would be a neat watch..

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802
A partial quote from lindalinda: "..None of [that] magically makes you a woman so don't expect me to pretend otherwise. "

Gosh, you certainly sound unhappy today my dear.. a little curt as it were..

I would wonder what your definition of a woman might be; I have my own ideas about that definition though: A woman to me is someone who has to tolerate curt impolite unhappy men..

Riiiight. Don't argue the point, just call me 'unhappy.'

I don't have my own definition. I find that redefining words to suit me makes communication difficult. The word 'woman' is in the dictionary. The definition is along the lines of 'adult female human' or 'adult with female body.'

Not sure who the curt impolite unhappy men you are referring to might be.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The first time I met her I was in a hotel bar at a Trans conference and she returned the banter to a joke ice breaker I threw out to her. Then I saw her speak at an art auction of works she painted in a art therapy program for veterans who suffer from PTSD and all the proceeds went to helping returned soldiers who suffer from that. I can relate to her a lot oh the hyper masculinity of the military and that lifestyle as a whole. She is definitely the poster child for you don't have to be a sissy to be a lady.a reply to: tony9802

edit on CDTWed, 20 May 2015 10:34:05 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago20-05:00Wed, 20 May 2015 10:34:05 -050034 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I wouldn't say unusual but what I was pointing out is that for an 11 year member with such a small post history you must not post much. Please know that I'm not trying to pick a fight I'm just trying to understand why someone who is apparently not that active would feel the need to comment on this particular issue in such a limited way.

I didn't know there was a posting quota. There were a few years I barely came here. I came back a while ago and was disappointed to see that the focus had changed, but I still come a few times a week. I posted about a dozen times this month so I was hardly hiding in the woodwork. I don't post just to post.

You basically asserted that you don't really have a problem with us but want us to shut up and stay out of sight and it is that last part that I do have a problem with.

Not sure where I said that I want you to shut up and stay out of sight. Do not put words in my mouth.

ATS used to be such a cool place with cool stories.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
ok Linda please look at like this, Im not going to go out of my way to use terminology that you don't agree with in reference to myself and I just ask that you and all please do the same. For example I don't refer to myself as a woman I say Trans-woman Im ok with that and who I am. So please don't refer to me as "it" "freak" "man" "tranny" "he-she" and the list goes on but I think you get the point.a reply to: lindalinda

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I didn't put words in your mouth I said "basically asserted" which means in a roundabout kinda sorta saying it without saying way. Please don't be so combative and I still think this is a pretty cool place. I'm sorry that people who's opinions don't fit comfortably with yours came and ruined it for you. reply to: lindalinda

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ok I can't hold it in anymore the Illuminati is making me say all these things. They said they won't stop sending me emails to buy their book if I don't. What choice do I have? They won't leave me alone, NOOOOOOO... ok end sarcasm lol

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
in theory, sexual freedom (and freedom of sexual identity) is a pretty liberating concept. BUT... i can understand the concern regarding socio-psychological stability. if the rainbow changed colors every day just because it could, you might imagine the confusion at intersections. definitions are definitive for a reason and monkeying with that out of sexual boredom is not good reason to make waves in our fundamental understanding of human relationships. be transgender, but dont make a fashion line out of sexual identity.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
err...what? I'm confused about a lot of things in this world but I don't go around using that as an excuse to try to limit everyone in the world to ideas and views that conform to my own. You DO NOT have to like, understand, want to be around or want to learn about us. However we are here so just treat us kindly is all I ask. Thanks for stopping by a reply to: TzarChasm

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join