It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
So you are saying we are all obligated to hook up with one person forever and just crank out babies while enjoying the sex as little as possible? a reply to: Seamrog

I did not say that at all, but you knew that before you typed your reply.

I am saying a child has a natural right to a mother and a father in an intact, stable, loving and permanent relationship.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Actually to be honest with you the majority of what you would consider the average gay male has absolutely no interest in transgender women what so ever. Most gay men view us almost as strangely as the rest of society they are just one of the closest allies we have in terms of chronological civil rights movements. They kind of look at as " shame waste of another gay man no interest might as well be a girl". Thank you for your thoughtful and reasonable post I hope I was able to give you a little more insight and perhaps understanding of our community.a reply to: Parthin

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I agree 100000000000000% percent see were not so different after all. a reply to: Seamrog

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
I am saying a child has a natural right to a mother and a father in an intact, stable, loving and permanent relationship.

If that's truly all you are saying, then you wouldn't be anticipating the destruction of the "traditional family" by the whole LGBT thing.

Here is the type of family anybody falling into the LGBT family can provide:
- A mother and father role? - Check
- Intact and stable? - Check
- Loving and permanent? - Check

In fact, families with same-sex parents are often providing a stable and loving home to a child who would otherwise grow up in the state's custody (by adopting unwanted children). By those standards, gay parents bring more to the table than straight couples as far as providing stable homes for children are concerned. You provided for children you brought into the world while many gay-parent families are taking care of children they didn't even create.

And, in the cases of many transgender people, if they decide to have a family, it is either adoption or regular old naturally born children. In my family's case, we are done having children and we are a closer family now than we ever were.

I think if you realized this, you may change your outlook on it. Or, at the very least, have to stop using "traditional family" as an excuse.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

In fact, families with same-sex parents are often providing a stable and loving home to a child who would otherwise grow up in the state's custody (by adopting unwanted children). By those standards, gay parents bring more to the table than straight couples as far as providing stable homes for children are concerned. You provided for children you brought into the world while many gay-parent families are taking care of children they didn't even create.

You are absolutely correct.

Examples of that are all over the place for those who care to look.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: honested3

I don't want anything shoved down anyone's throats. I don't give a damn about who identifies as what - I believe all homosapiens deserve the same rights,so long as they are not directly, literally harming anyone.

But start to lecture me about how I need to accept, embrace, and encourage anything I don't care to, you better believe I'll fight about it. For instance, I've known gay people all my life - they are happy, most accept them, and they are just quietly who they are, no need to cram religion, sexuality, ideas, politics down anyone's throats.

Fanatics are the people who make things bad for everyone. The rest of us just live quietly being exactly who we want to be without needing to broadcast specifics about ourselves and jumping down anyone's throats that disagree with any of those specifics.

In short, let people live the way they want to. This applies to all sides of the issue.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm one of those live and let live kinda people. I don't have a problem with transgenders but I do take issue with the politically correct crowd. It seems some in the politically correct crowd don't seek acceptance, but rather agreement. I don't care how people want to live their lives but I don't like being told what to believe. As long as I treat people with dignity and respect my personal opinion of people and their choices is just that, personal. I'm not asking that you agree with that, just accept it.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jaydub911

Great! How do you vote?

If you had to vote on Trans using the the restroom they identify with - - how would you vote?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Tough question, if pushed I'd say use the bathroom that suits your genitalia, but I don't really care one way or the other. However if you see me walking out of the bathroom and I pat my stomach, look at you and say good luck I recommend you identify with females.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jaydub911

However if you see me walking out of the bathroom and I pat my stomach, look at you and say good luck I recommend you identify with females.

LOL that gave me a hearty chuckle.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This mentality right here " When we see TG people, something clicks in our primitive brain that all is not as it seems to be...we are being deceived which could very well mean we're in or could be in danger or peril." Posted by a member earlier on in the thread allowed a young transgender woman named Islan Nettles to be beaten to death across the street from a police station ON SURVEILLANCE CAMERA.

The aforementioned mentality was used as the defense for the angry insecure young man who struck Ms. Nettles knocking her unconscious where he continued to beat her to death as she lay there helpless and unable to defend herself. The defense worked. I know there was a bit of a following consisting of friends, family and other members of the trans community seeking justice for Islan. I'm not sure how that went I haven't followed up on that in while.

That is what most of US are scared of.
edit on CDTTue, 19 May 2015 23:02:32 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago19-05:00Tue, 19 May 2015 23:02:32 -050002 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
How about the stereotype shattering life of Kristin Beck the highly decorated 20+ year veteran Navy SEAL who after retiring finally came forward to reveal her true self. I'd like to see some punk try something like that with her.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

The glaringly obvious difference between the civil rights movement and the current sex-obsessed cause du-jour is that one seeks the destruction of the traditional family.

Really?

Nowadays, only 46 percent of kids live in that aforementioned "traditional" family. Instead, 15 percent of today's kids are living with two parents in a remarriage, 34 percent live with an unmarried parent, 4 percent live with cohabiting parents and 5 percent don't live with either parent.

Rapid changes in American family structure have altered the image of who’s gathering for the holidays. While the old “ideal” involved couples marrying young, then starting a family, and staying married till “death do they part”, the family has become more complex, and less “traditional”.

Americans are delaying marriage, and more may be foregoing the institution altogether. At the same time, the share of children born outside of marriage now stands at 41%.

Source: Pew Research Center, Published Dec. 2014

And gay, lesbian, bi, transgender and transsexual people have caused this destruction exactly how? Sounds like your traditional heterosexual man and woman are tearing down the very fabric of society as you call it without any outside help at all. 41% of children born outside of marriage? Yeah, the LGBQTXYZ people really had a hand in that.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com/news/islan-nettles/
www.ladyvalorfilm.com/

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
This mentality right here " When we see TG people, something clicks in our primitive brain that all is not as it seems to be...we are being deceived which could very well mean we're in or could be in danger or peril." Posted by a member earlier on in the thread allowed a young transgender woman named Islan Nettles to be beaten to death across the street from a police station ON SURVEILLANCE CAMERA.

The aforementioned mentality was used as the defense for the angry inse

cure young man who struck Ms. Nettles knocking her unconscious where he continued to beat her to death as she lay there helpless and unable to defend herself. The defense worked. I know there was a bit of a following consisting of friends, family and other members of the trans community seeking justice for Islan. I'm not sure how that went I haven't followed up on that in while.

That is what most of US are scared of.

When I taught "Conflict Resolution" to middle schoolers, I always pushed the point home that "You cannot help what you feel inside, it's what you DO about it that matters. It is ok to feel anger, fear, sadness, disgust, whatever... it is NEVER ok to act on it in a way that hurts yourself, others, or property of others."

That's horrendous what they did to Ms. Nettles. Whatever they felt, still no excuse.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaydub911
a reply to: Annee

Tough question, if pushed I'd say use the bathroom that suits your genitalia, but I don't really care one way or the other. However if you see me walking out of the bathroom and I pat my stomach, look at you and say good luck I recommend you identify with females.

Just making a point.

Lots of people say they don't care or they accept people for who they are.

BUT - - does that hold up when they vote? Do they vote for everyone being treated Equal?

LGBT would happily just live their lives. They are not the ones making this an issue.

EDIT: and thanks for giving me a real answer

edit on 19-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Thats why I'm here to bring awareness not force acceptance, thank you for your contribution to thread and society in general through your position of scholarly authority.a reply to: new_here

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is what your bigoted ignorance creates, the horrific needless death of a child.

www.seventeen.com... p/

This is just one recent example of what these poor kids are going through, if you bother to search you can find many more.

I would tell you "people" to feel shame for the suffering you help to propagate but I know that would be a waste since you don't care.

May all your deeds be repaid tenfold.
Cha'nak se nes sese!
K~

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: honested3

If you are only here to spew bigotry then dont even bother answering, you only make it clear that you are a neanderthal and eventually you and your breed will die off. But if there is some valid unseen fear or worry or concern that is truly unique to trans people, I want to know it.

How do I know what you consider bigotry or valid concern?

I don't care how long you wear your hair, whether you wear a skirt, or put on a phony voice, or get a state ID card. None of that magically makes you a woman so don't expect me to pretend otherwise.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ok, thanks for stopping by a reply to: lindalinda

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join