It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Question: Why are so Many People Afraid/Unaccepting of Transgender People?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I love the transgender community.. they are wonderful people and no opinion will ever change or modify that love..
edit on 19-5-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802
a reply to: Seamrog

If one has reconstructive nose surgery, it is not mutilation,
it is simply reconstructive surgery..

Nope, sorry - chopping off one's genitalia to then twist the remnants into some facsimile of the complimentary genitalia is not the equivalent of repairing damage from an accident or a tumor.

You're really reaching to make a point that cannot be made. It's sort of sad, and desperate.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm ASEXUAL for the time being and for some time now. I don't believe in drugs especially pharmaceutical ones so I avoid them as much as possible. I believe in pro choice FREE WILL and I do love plants but you know what I give up man you really are deep in it. No disrespect by that but your committed like I am I guess a reply to: Seamrog

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It is effectively the opposite of constructive evolution, the break down of society. A society lacking morals is not a civilized society.

I vote for morals and civilization. Perhaps a vote for these basic principles is the way forward to ensuring appropriate cultural values and good ethics are reinstated.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
How can you be "assigned" a gender? Gender is a biological reality, doctors don't just arbitrarily "assign" sex organs to new born infants.

Tbh, I just find the whole thing ridiculous and decadent. I hope no one is too offended by that.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

It is effectively the opposite of constructive evolution, the break down of society. A society lacking morals is not a civilized society.

I vote for morals and civilization. Perhaps a vote for these basic principles is the way forward to ensuring appropriate cultural values and good ethics are reinstated.

Reminds me of the 50s when you shoved eveything in the "closet" or sent it to Aunt Bee's until it was taken care of.

The "closet" ---- Oh! Now I get it.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Not that old ''accusing those that don't agree as being 'in the closet'' gag. Is that all you can do?

Name calling

Name calling

Name calling

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 19-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I prefer to talk about the Lion in the Wizard of Oz.. He had to learn the lesson of Courage.. and had difficulty doing so..

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Then your mind must be really blown that your beloved science and research is growing genitalia out of petri dishes OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

surgery of the nose is not mutilation?

Correcting a deviated septum is not mutilation.

What Michael Jackson did to his nose is mutilation.

Removing a malignant skin cancer from a nose is not mutilation.

What Joan Rivers did to her nose is mutilation.

Having breast reduction surgery to alleviate terrible back pain is not mutilation.

Chopping off your breasts to pretend you are a man IS mutilation.

We can do this all day if you like.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

Not that old ''you disagree so you must be in the 'closet'' gag. Is that all you can do?

Name calling

Name calling

Name calling

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!

Extremely odd interpretation of my post.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Name calling

Name calling

Name calling

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Reminds me of the 50s when you shoved eveything in the "closet" or sent it to Aunt Bee's until it was taken care of.

Or you did what many did then - you live chastely and appreciate the blessings in your life without obsessively focusing on your sex organs and what to do with them.

People worked hard, respected each other, and behaved in a far superior manor to the hedonism we see all around us today.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
chuckle sigh a reply to: Annee

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
Then your mind must be really blown that your beloved science and research is growing genitalia out of petri dishes OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

No - there are children born with deformities, and men hurt in accidents that can benefit from this and lead a more normal life.

That there are those that would pervert science to suit a hyper-selfish, narcissistic agenda does not surprise me in the least.

We see it every day, all day, everywhere.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

If one has reconstructive nose surgery, it is not mutilation,
it is simply reconstructive surgery..

Nope, sorry - chopping off one's genitalia to then twist the remnants into some facsimile of the complimentary genitalia is not the equivalent of repairing damage from an accident or a tumor.

You're really reaching to make a point that cannot be made. It's sort of sad, and desperate.

Why do you keep returned to a thread concerning the Transgender Community.. Is it a sexual attraction issue perhaps? It seems as though you are fond of our measured, delicate diplomacy..I suggest you perhaps find a thread where people think and likewise communicate as you do..

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

And there was true community spirit. People in communities worked together and helped each other more, cared more for each other, society was more cohesive.

Unlike the immoral, self destructive, divided nation and communities that there is now.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Oh and I haven't even mentioned my avatar is no hormones, no surgeries, just good lighting, a great hair day, miraculous (yet rare, I got lucky that day) make up job and an auto resolution app. If any of that is being referred to as mutilation. a reply to: Seamrog

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: Annee

Or you did what many did then - you live chastely and appreciate the blessings in your life without obsessively focusing on your sex organs and what to do with them.

People worked hard, respected each other, and behaved in a far superior manor to the hedonism we see all around us today.

LOL --- yep, everyone played their roles. Fake as they were.

And we all believed Lucy and Ricky slept in separated twin beds.

Drink the Kool-Aid of selected memory.
edit on 19-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
Oh and I haven't even mentioned my avatar is no hormones, no surgeries, just good lighting, a great hair day, miraculous (yet rare, I got lucky that day) make up job and an auto resolution app. If any of that is being referred to as mutilation. a reply to: Seamrog

Quite frankly, I'm not interested in you in the slightest.

I don't doubt that you spend considerable time in front of a mirror, but to be honest, you are a dime a dozen.

Give me a man that is willing to work two jobs so his wife can raise his children instead of shipping them off to daycare and I'm all in.

Attention whores, not-so-much.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join