It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan pyramid bulldozed by road construction firm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The controllers don't stop raping and pillaging mother earth; until WE AS PEOPLE OF EARTH, actually get pissed off and put an end to this physically.

Its all pure profit to sack earth of it's natural resources and valuables, then make artificial things that buy them more time to make more profit.

Who benefits from all this earth destruction? Those who turn it into product and sell it to THE PEOPLE OF EARTH.

We are unwittingly and unwillingly watching and allowing them to rob our mother earth for everything possible.

What are the future generations left with, after these scum die off the face of earth buried with their profit?

Cleaning up everything WE allowed them to destroy and turn us into CONSUMERS.

Let's get pissed
Save Earth from useless destruction for profit.. would be more eventful then reading about it.

These past few generations and the next .. will truely be the mockery generations of humanity in time. The most pathetic, dimwitted , obedient and passive species ever known to mankind.

And we will all be forgotten and miss out on what could of been an amazing paradigm that our future generations shift into.

Just let the lazy, passive, opinionated generation die off ... so real men and women can take their freedom and planet back from 1% of evil.

It should never of been this hard.. goodbye ancient monuments, goodbye earth's resources.. goodbye humanity as we know it.

In the name of lazy and ignorance. Let's just chew on this reality for a bit.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I agree, this shows me clearly that they are destroyers of worlds, and want to horde all knowledge to themselves. And its up to us to some how stop this.

There are mysteries on earth, even in nature itself. Bees, how they fly, when science says they shouldn't. Well you need to dig a little deeper on that and run with alternative sciences. But bees are very common on pyramids. Fox, again, they see in infared, but they also see the magnetic fields as real props here. Pistol shrimp solves all our energy problems, with implosion and cavitation bubble that releases temperatures equivalent to the sun's corona in a bubble. How does that not empower the entire world? Only in this dark hat reality.

We're living in a library, that we could grow up in without exploiting, but treading softly on, in both equality and freedom.

These guys have to be stopped.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

This makes me very sad. I have always studied as much about the Mayans as I can, always been very interested.

When I was about 12, my mother was going to UC Berkeley. I liked to pretend to not feel well to get out of school. She would take me with her to school as I was a little old for 'Wheezles and Sneezles' , a day care for mildly sick children of students in student housing. I would wander the campus and find out of the way nooks and crannies while she was in class.
One day, on the 4th floor of an out of the way building, I saw a little door with the placard "Mayan Research Library and Collection". I opened the door and it was stacks and stacks of old manuscripts and books. A grad student sat at the other end of this really small, crowded room. The first time he said "Hello. Are you a student here?" I obviously wasn't. He said to feel free to look at anything and pointed out a tiny table and chair behind the stacks. There some of the oldest books and handwritten records of explorers. The first time, I was there so long, my mother started looking all over campus for me.

After that, whenever I 'faked sick', she knew where to find me. She tells me now that she pushed the limit on how many days I could miss at school since she felt I was better off doing that.

Thank you for reading, this post just brought back the memories.
edit on 16-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My wife's parents live in Belize and her mom is here visiting right now for a wedding. Oddly enough she was talking to us the other day about the roads they're installing where she lives too. She said that they have the road lines painted on them all crazy and incorrectly going all sorts of directions and stuff. She said they don't make any sense and are basically meaningless because nobody down there apparently understands how to paint them correctly or what they are supposed to mean as far as directing traffic, which they have very little of anyway.

Belize is still very 3rd world and doesn't have the organized or modern day understanding they need to even handle stuff like this. I imagine the Government, which is known to be pretty corrupt as it is, is getting a lot of money from other organizations to do this stuff and don't care about the ramifications. There also isn't much the people down there can do about stuff like this because they don't have any control over what their Government does.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if there's an ulterior motive here.

Something in the pyramid, or under perhaps, and antiquity thieves are the driving force behind it? Just blueskying.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I kinda doubt anything that cool is behind it. Like someone else suggested it probably has to do with some oil company needing roads for their trucks or something like that. Basically just the typical big business cutting through everything regardless of it's value so it can make a buck even faster.

Belize has these ruins like this all over the place also so it's not like coming across one of them is uncommon. You can easily buy property down there where you might have some kind of Mayan ruins on it. A lot of them are just sitting there in the open and you can go explore them all you want. The major ones are tourist attractions though which if this was a major one means someone would have had to pay enough to where the tourist money wouldn't be missed. But in the end I'm sure it just came down to bribing the right person and it probably wasn't even that much of a bribe that did it.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
My brain just kicked a back flip and crapped inside my skull.
Who in the hell would do this?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

After more reading in to this, the property is privately owned and is also a Sugar Cane Plantation. So I'm guessing they want to road for the Sugar Cane processing and export.

Unchecked Capitalism strikes again it seems.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I can't help but wonder if there's an ulterior motive here.

Something in the pyramid, or under perhaps, and antiquity thieves are the driving force behind it? Just blueskying.

So what? You're saying shear laziness isn't a good enough excuse? From my experiences it's more than enough. You do however bring up an interesting angle worth pursuing. It wouldn't be the first time important facts from our past was wiped clean.
edit on 16-5-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I kinda doubt anything that cool is behind it. Like someone else suggested it probably has to do with some oil company needing roads for their trucks or something like that. Basically just the typical big business cutting through everything regardless of it's value so it can make a buck even faster.

Belize has these ruins like this all over the place also so it's not like coming across one of them is uncommon. You can easily buy property down there where you might have some kind of Mayan ruins on it. A lot of them are just sitting there in the open and you can go explore them all you want. The major ones are tourist attractions though which if this was a major one means someone would have had to pay enough to where the tourist money wouldn't be missed. But in the end I'm sure it just came down to bribing the right person and it probably wasn't even that much of a bribe that did it.

No you can't, many of these sites are owned by local residents which would make you trespassing. It's a shame really but also an opportunity to preserve something great yourself....with enough coin of course. I feel i kickstarter campaign revving up.
who's with me? I got 5 on it.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Sadly, too late for this incredible structure. What is done is done.
Perhaps there could be some scientific data that could be resurrected from this destruction, as scientists will see all of the rock that makes it up, and may discover specific clues about building techniques.
It is still however, a loss that can never be recovered.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Oh, that's probably the most likely reason...

I recall reading somewhere that the trade in looted antiquities may run into the billions of dollars US.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is from a CNN report.

"The Mayas use good material to build their temples, and these temples are close to (the village of) Douglas so that means that they have to use less diesel, less wear and tear; they can do more trips per day, and at the end of the day they can make more money," CTV3 quotes Briceno as saying.

But they also say it's against the law to just destroy it and are going after the land owner and the construction company. But I can't find a follow up.

It did say that it was overgrown with trees and stuff too. I doubt that it had any artifacts left in it by this point.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
This is from a CNN report.

"The Mayas use good material to build their temples, and these temples are close to (the village of) Douglas so that means that they have to use less diesel, less wear and tear; they can do more trips per day, and at the end of the day they can make more money," CTV3 quotes Briceno as saying.

But they also say it's against the law to just destroy it and are going after the land owner and the construction company. But I can't find a follow up.

It did say that it was overgrown with trees and stuff too. I doubt that it had any artifacts left in it by this point.

Right. And a pyramid like that is inconsequential until it's not, but by than what left? The missing link tying the grand cosmic answer was lost, from the destruction of an overgrown dilapidated pyramid because no one bothered to see past the weeds. Shocker....

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Yah, it sucks. Once it's gone it's gone too. There's no fixing it at this point.

Apparently though it's against the law and carries possible jail time and a 10,000 fine. Not much of a fine for something that is basically priceless but oh well.

I'm guessing that fine isn't enough to stop the construction company from just paying it and then going right back to destroying it. They'll save that much in material costs probably.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
Sickening and sad, this has happened throughout history from ancient Roman ruins to the 1800s and the mound builders in the Ohio Valley. Temples and ancient structures being destroyed for building material it seems like we would have learned by now.

I live in Southern Ohio so I'm quite familiar with the mounds. There's actually a remnant of one a mere half block from my apartment. 200 years ago it was supposedly 10x the size it is now, but when people settled the area they dug it up to provide foundations for the houses.

I like cultural heritage as much as the next person, but I've also come to accept that nothing lasts forever and that seeking to preserve everything is a foolish desire. At the same time, as I drive through town I get to see a bunch of homes that exist precisely because they did reuse the mound.

Couldn't it be argued that that's recycling?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This raises my ire intensely. Why wouldn't it be made a world heritage site!?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
You know a lot of people put stock in the Mayan calendar and it's December 2012 date.

But I always said, if the Mayan gods were so great, then why did they let them be conquered, and basically destroy their culture and make their gods go into the dust-bin of oblivion, except for what a few remnants may have been given, and archaeologists have recovered.

This is just another proof that the Mayan gods have no power.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
That is like throwing a pile of Vermeer's paintings into a fireplace to stay warm for the night.
There are plenty of Picasso's for tomorrow.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
(Were in a stage of spiritual enlightenment, but there isn't any direct association to creation for the moment ... ... ... ... so there is the motivation for millions of people if not more, that are spiritually discerned ... after witnessing people become moved spiritually, through their expression or outwardly in other forms ... the spiritually discerned people realize they cannot stop the spiritual enlightenment, but what they do instead is destroy things that can be seen as spiritual representations ... then this is apparently how they get even, because most of the time this is performed, shortly after these people target people through various forms of genocide. ... ... ... ... Spiritually discerned is perhaps not the right description, because they understand that the spiritual realm is 90 percent of what we are, but since they decided the spiritual reality must be made of no effect, being reprobates, they've devised a solution, which appears to give the 10% of what our bodies and reality represents more value, but taking lives away as a result ... ... ... ... where as with the spiritual judgment, lives are taken but they are glorified and not condemned. ... ... ... ... They are essentially "phonies", but the behavior is predatory and it is designed to represent the death of aspirations, and enlightenment ... ... ... ... there are millions of people, temporary people, that only live and thrive, or appear to, because deep down inside they cannot live with the ideal that people are content with themselves and with God, in approaching in small steps their equality in terms of potential, etc.)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join