It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Think They Need A Gun?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

oh you know I really like that quote, I think I will add it to my sig.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

Also a good point. Just because groups of people have a title of "government" does not automatically make them trustworthy. There's bad people in all walks of life. As with some of the impoverished, so also the wealthy and powerful.
There will be people who will confuse your viewpoints with that of extremist ideals. But they're not, nor a hostile viewpoint and nor anti-government. It's playing it safe. And again, if we don't need to ever use them for the reasons your mentioned, then that's fantastic and definitely the best outcome during the course of owning one a person should hope for.

Lol I guess it comes down to there is no strong reason to not want to own one for a multitude of reasons.

edit on 4-5-2015 by Acatalepsia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Please quote which part was "defensive and emotional" please?
I can get lobotomized and signal my reply in a mixture of Morse and binary.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Acatalepsia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Acatalepsia

hey listen man, we are all on the same side. I was only mentioning based on the content of your first reply it just alludes to you thinking the OP implied contrary to your own opinion which thusly implies you may not have read everything he posted before you formulated a counter opinion is all.

Not every gun owner purchases firearms to use them on people.

And those that do, so what if they do?
If you haven't noticed this country is a little crazy (referring to the society in general, not the gun owners).

There's people running around high on bath salts. Would you want to be sitting in your living room one evening in your lazy boy watching TV and suddenly some psycho smashes your door or window in? It would not hurt to keep a defensive firearm in your home. If you don't ever have to use it, that's fantastic and definitely the goal.

I don't know why you care why people think they need guns.

I say, not why do you think you need one, but why NOT want one? There's absolutely nothing wrong for any citizen with a clean record to have one.

Again, not lamenting your stance on the topic, just trying to help you understand it may be better to read the entire opening first before answering the question of the title. The piece I quoted implies a defensive stance for our rights (thats great, thats what we all here agree on, including the OP). Your direct reply to the OP coupled with the defensive reply to topic implies at the time you may have been under the impression he was against ownership. The only reason your reply would have carried that tone is by not reading everything he wrote, which is where the "emotional" reaction comes from.

Again, I am not attempting to berate you in any way, I agree with your stance, I agree with OP, pretty much everyone moving on from page eight also agrees.

I just thought, since you asked, I would break down how your post can be interpreted by others, and thus why the emphasis on reading everything first is important before typing up a reply. That is all. Dont deny that the headline instigated an immediate response in your mind, it did to me. I think that was why he worded it the way he did. It just so happens I read everything before I reply.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have a gun because I'm lazy and don't want to waste the energy having to wield my Katana. Although i do enjoy using my roofing hatchet or 9 iron on Retards that make that ignorant fatal mistake of sticking their nose where it doesn't belong

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It seems that some people are confused about the OP.

The OP (Answer) is not against guns.

This thread is for people who think people shouldn't have guns. The OP cited many sources and articles which show that people do need guns.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Just to clarify for the folks who missed which side I'm on...

Yes, I'm in the last one, too.

edit on 5/5/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

.... the British are coming ?

let's see .
300 million people
/900 million guns ...

ergo , I think they,re carrying 3 each!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

What kind of bullpup is that in number two?? it almost looks like it may be by FN?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes

What kind of bullpup is that in number two?? it almost looks like it may be by FN?

FN FS2000

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Just to clarify for the folks who missed which side I'm on...

Yes, I'm in the last one, too.

I think you are an ante gunner,a post gunner would be shooting .45 cal. rifles.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Nice!
Do you have a girlfriend?
I can't tell which side you're on, maybe you should clarify. The OP and the pics are confusing...

Nice Fun Gal in pic 2.

I did go back to read the OP. One wouldn't expect the content to sport that title. I think that's why many didn't actually read it.

edit on 5-5-2015 by Acatalepsia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

I think a .45/70 covers that...

For those who will notice and comment, my finger is wrapped on the front of the trigger guard... not on the trigger.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I dunno man those things are kinda slow even coming out of a rifle, so you wont be hitting targets out as far.

A had a feeling it was an FS2000, just had not seen one in person yet to confirm with that image. How does it feel to you compared to a traditional carbine in regards to mobility and accurate hits out past 200 meters??

I always feel like the polymer frames on these modern rifles just add bulk compared to our good ol friend the traditional AR.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes

I dunno man those things are kinda slow even coming out of a rifle, so you wont be hitting targets out as far.

A had a feeling it was an FS2000, just had not seen one in person yet to confirm with that image. How does it feel to you compared to a traditional carbine in regards to mobility and accurate hits out past 200 meters??

I always feel like the polymer frames on these modern rifles just add bulk compared to our good ol friend the traditional AR.

There's a good reason FN stopped offering the FS2000. It's as accurate and reliable as any other 16" barreled semi-auto but it's A) bulkier than necessary B) way too slow to reload like most bullpups C) a nightmare if you have a malfuction and D) overpriced. The other downside to all bullpups is that they're fine for shooting while standing but if you want to rest it on something, the shape is prohibitive.

I'm a fan of the Tavor and AUG but I'd still choose an AR or Sig 550 series for my primary 5.56. I'll be getting a Sig MCX pretty soon to see if it's worth holding onto... short barreled at least, possibly full-auto as an LE demo. I like folding stocks.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Acatalepsia

Nice Fun Gal in pic 2.

I did go back to read the OP. One wouldn't expect the content to sport that title. I think that's why many didn't actually read it.

If you're referring to the first pic, that's my little punk nephew.

The thread title was effective... I knew a few folks would fail to read the whole OP but I didn't expect so many to not even get to the part where my point was obvious.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Haha no, I wasn't referring to your nephew. ..

Anyways, back on topic.....

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Citing one example of each relatively bs example does not equal "most" examples, now does it?

I need a gun because

1 - other people have them and are crazy and might decide to f# with me or a loved one.

2 - I'm 6'5 and weigh 150 tops on a good day. I was born with a heart condition which, while i have a 7-foot arm-span and many bass guitars to take you out Sid Vicious in Texas-style with, this doesn't do much good against a gun, Texas-style.

So as long as this country is electing Presidents from Texas - which will happen for a third time with Jeb - I feel, good enuf for the prez, good enuf for me. I have the right to bear arms. Period. Thanks, Texas, home of my ancestors, and proud of it. Good bless 'murca.

Now get out of my house before I shoot you lol. J/K, S&F, hope I gave you some insight as to why the playing field is only as even as the highest level of technology available to EVERYONE.

Again, criminals don't follow laws by definition, so assuming gun laws will help anything is absolutely ridiculous on a severely delusional level, and anyone who believes so should most certainly not be legally allowed to own a firearm based on mental instability.

Just let the vets (continue to, armed and trained, there were 3 in the Batman theater) carry them and keep an eye out on the streets, let's say the homeless vet living in the garage next door to my apartment saves my home from burglary, rape, or other violation - or the one living under the expressway stops a bicyclist from being run over - again - by shooting out the tire of some drunk @$$.

Wow, sounds terrible, right? I'll be sure to share a picture of the next white tribute bicycle and altar next to a homeless vet under an expressway viaduct for you to ponder - summer's here, won't be long.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

^^ Got another one! Haha
Aw poor guy, but at least he's on our side too, so failure to read the OP should be acceptable!!!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Yea I handled a Tavor once, I did not mind it. I think its hard to beat Eugene's versatile and yet simple design we Americans have proven time and again and hold so dear to our hearts. Everything just feels natural and where it needs to be you know??

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join