It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Think They Need A Gun?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

LOL I would love to hear your story!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well , it is a Bad Post , but I do not seem to have a Secret Desire to Shoot him for Some Reason....................)
edit on 4-5-2015 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: dbarnhart

Oh he's armed trust me. Reread the OP. It seems that some people are confused about what side the OP is on. Answer (the OP) is PRO gun. Reread the OP carefully.

edit on 5/4/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

link   
You didn't even touch on the subject of malitia. When the militarized police or possibly the military itself (possibly Jade Helm?) decides you need to leave your home (even though your prepared) and you wife and children need to go somewhere for them and you go somewhere else for men. There WILL be an electrical grid failure, there will be a catastrophic flood, there will be an economic collapse, there are many reasons the government needs to "take care" of you and your family. Malitias step in when the constitution is being stepped on. The whole Bundy ranch would have been swept under the rug if it wasn't for malitia support. If the development gets bigger than that scenario, the malitia gets bigger.
Guns or no guns, you need to join/support your local malitia. At the end of the day, how serous do you think the government that uses its words for defense? You'd never even hear about it, it would make no statement. This country has come to this. I accept it, I have acclimated and I am prepared. Keep in mind, the person carrying has the laws against him or her. Your never in the right to use it in self defense, you will spend every dime you have keeping yourself a free person. People that take their right to carry or own guns have a great responsibility. If you take that lightly, for your own good you shouldn't have them.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Where I go fishing is a half mile from the nearest road never mind human. The bears, bobcats, coy-dogs, fisher cats, wild dog packs are usually more afraid of you, unless they are in mating mode, hungry, pissed off, scared, feeling trapped, etc.

Yes, very much in CT pucker-brush areas.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

If someone makes the serious mistake of trying to hurt one of my grandchildren,
I will fight to the death to protect them! If you find humor in that statement we
have nothing more to discuss.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Oh I know you would. I find nothing humorous about it.

We need to protect our families no matter what. Some people want to take that away from us by wanting our rights to own guns taken away.

edit on 5/4/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Guns are the great equalizer. Before guns, the biggest and worst of the world ruled any corner they chose because there was little people could do on their own but comply. Now anyone including the weakest physically among else can take down the largest of attackers with ease.

Life is not without risk in a free world. Bad things happen sometimes. I'd rather live with that than under the nanny state's false sense of security any day.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Why should feeling the need to carry a gun even come into play? They feel safer with a gun, want to do so, and them doing so doesn't infringe on anyone else. Isn't that good enough? It should be.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
Where I go fishing is a half mile from the nearest road never mind human. The bears, bobcats, coy-dogs, fisher cats, wild dog packs are usually more afraid of you, unless they are in mating mode, hungry, pissed off, scared, feeling trapped, etc.

Yes, very much in CT pucker-brush areas.

Bears can be quite benign, and then they can turn and become quite deadly. The area we camped when I was a kid, in the Cherokee National Forest, has plenty of bears. We got all the warnings, and saw steel pans with huge claw holes, and were told what t do if we saw one. I never did, and we walked all over, just us kids, and never had a care. That same area, the last some-odd years back, there was a news report of a little girl being killed by a bear. Out of nowhere, no warning, no sign of cubs. You just never know. Bobcats aren't a likely threat to people, but wild dogs can easily be. Heck, I lived for a short while in a rural area out of town, and there was a pack reported in that area that was attacking people.

You could carry a gun for years and not need it, then one day, you do.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
are usually more afraid of you, unless....

It's all the unless in the world that worries me

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Well done and I understand fully why Americans should have the right to carry a weapon.

Your Sincerely
Aussie, non-gun owner, male (penis size subject to my ego and my wifes mood at the time), non-US citizen fully conversant with the US constitution and 2nd amendment (all amendments actually).

Cheers.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thanks, no guns isn't going to happen here. Like a lot of the posters, I'm in the country. My defense is up to me and me.
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Without that equalizer, what's to stop anyone from bossing someone else around?

The law? The police? The government?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THAT'S WHO YOU NEED TO BE AFRAID OF

That is why the 2nd Amendment says nothing about being a non-criminal or being white or x

Just that any United States citizen (at the time) could own and bear arms for the sole fact of being in an unorganized militia. It has been recognized for many years now that being born in the US to American parents makes you an automatic citizen, regardless of gender or skin color. The only thing that has changed is that now you have to pay money to a government to bear arms in one way or another. And that you're a criminal whenever the government declares you to be one. Even without a fair and reasonable trial by your peers

Which is why we've come full circle. Our right to bear arms is to help protect the other rights if push came to shove. The time for pushing and shoving is over, has been since the 60s.
Now is the time for using our right to protect other rights.

I'm calling it now.
2016 is when SHTF and the civil war starts in the US and around the world
Coincidentally along with the first and only female president. (Nothing in the constitution ever said you could hold office while being a woman for good freaking reason. We're only learning this now what happens when women are given the ability to decide life and death matters)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dbarnhart

Please post your street address. We'll make sure that every bad guy within 50 miles of you knows that you are unarmed.

I'm laughing at all the people who fail at reading comprehension and/or read the thread title and hit "reply."

Please, send the bad guys my way. The herd could use some thinning and I have plenty of loaded mags.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
its the title you put. It was guaranteed to generate extreme emotional reactions on both sides without even reading the op. They only want to Answer the question as hard as they can either for or against. I will be honest an admit at first I thought it was another "we need more laws" thread until I read the OP, and then the ENTIRE thread. Too many people just react now without thinking, or at least thoroughly reading all the content.

is all good, we all on the same page in this thread now, and the quivering nanny state cowards have already fled the coop!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnswerWhy Do People Think They Need A Gun?

Thanks- it's so rare I see an anti-firearm title followed by some actual data.

"I'm going to take you to Mordor and bring you right back to the Shire."

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Some people have a gun for sport target shooting. It's a hobby and sporting activity. Some people simply enjoy shooting them for recreational fun. It's the same concept as going water skiing or four wheeling for fun.

Not every gun owner purchases firearms to use them on people.

And those that do, so what if they do?
If you haven't noticed this country is a little crazy (referring to the society in general, not the gun owners).

There's people running around high on bath salts. Would you want to be sitting in your living room one evening in your lazy boy watching TV and suddenly some psycho smashes your door or window in? It would not hurt to keep a defensive firearm in your home. If you don't ever have to use it, that's fantastic and definitely the goal.

I don't know why you care why people think they need guns.

I say, not why do you think you need one, but why NOT want one? There's absolutely nothing wrong for any citizen with a clean record to have one.

edit on 4-5-2015 by Acatalepsia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would just like to add one more thing to this conversation. Besides protecting myself and loved ones from those unseen that would do us harm. Let's not forget the real reason we carry guns in America. To remind our government, that we are free people. Free from their abuse of power and influence. They are under our control, the control of those who elected them into power. As my favorite founding father Thomas Jefferson said: "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Acatalepsia

you failed to read the OP like many others in the thread, but its ok because you and the OP are actually in agreement for the most part. You simply had a defensive emotional reaction to the title, quite understandable. Just tr to read it first next time.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join