It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two shot outside Muhammad Art Exhibit in Garland

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: cathouse42

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: cathouse42

Another thought...

Its amazing how shooting two muslims has some people cheering for the Police again, isn't it?

I cheer the police when they're actually doing their job, in this case taking down two armed men, before any innocent life was lost from just attending a cartoon display.

Dressed as Rambos in Desert Camos wearing ski masks.

They look like they just had a round of Paint ball.

In fact they remind me of batman impersonators

So, you're criticizing the way they were dressed as they responded to what could've been a terrorist situation and they weren't sure what they were up against? If you or your loved ones are in a possible terrorist situation, make sure you request regular cops in their standard Mayberry uniforms who are unprepared.

Yes, the police are acting more and more like an ARMY.

How is DESERT camo going to help there? Did the building have a DESERT paint job on it? It is an URBAN environment, not Iraq.

It is like putting FOREST camo on the SPACE shuttle, is there TREES in space?

There's a reason you have zero flags, son.

Is that all you care about? Flags?

Pity you didn't care more about your own country than an internet forum star.

I care about my country. Not every cop is a criminal, or don't you get that concept?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
These two gunmen weren't very smart. They post attacks on twitter and then go to a controversial event with extra security to try and kill people. They barely got out of their car before they were blown away by a local cop. They only managed to shoot an UNARMED security officer in the foot.

This is ISIS?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
These two gunmen weren't very smart. They post attacks on twitter and then go to a controversial event with extra security to try and kill people. They barely got out of their car before they were blown away by a local cop. They only managed to shoot an UNARMED security officer in the foot.

This is ISIS?

Think about it, they are not the brightest bulbs, what western raised women with freedom for instance, would choose oppression and head to the ME to be a ISIS militant bride?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So I noticed something interesting watching the video from around 12 AM: They said the FBI set off an EMP to explode any bombs in the vehicle.

On the video, we hear a bomb explode, but nothing from the car. I'm looking for a link to that video. I saw it while I was waking up this morning on the local news here in Dallas.

Also interesting that as of right now the scene is still not cleared.
edit on 4-5-2015 by thenewguy1987 because: changed 2 am to 12 am

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: thenewguy1987

Video of EMP going off

Around the 1 minute mark. I believe the car in question is just behind the trees to the right of the screen.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: thenewguy1987
So I noticed something interesting watching the video from around 2 AM: They said the FBI set off an EMP to explode any bombs in the vehicle.

On the video, we hear a bomb explode, but nothing from the car. I'm looking for a link to that video. I saw it while I was waking up this morning on the local news here in Dallas.

Also interesting that as of right now the scene is still not cleared.

And two more explosions were heard around 2:00 am.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I imagine one of those was in the trunk of the car, I saw video that looked like the trunk was charred.

Didn't look like it was that big of bomb though, but it is looking like maybe these guys could have planted something in advance if that explosion around midnight was not in the car.

Are you in the Dallas area? Anything you've seen or heard on the news that seems fishy or interesting that hasn't been brought up yet?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Yes this is why the govt must spy on you. Makes you wonder what they are really monitoring as these bozo's could of been spotted by Stevie Wonder.
edit on 4-5-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Firstly I read the title as Muhammad Ali exhibit....I was thinking WTF??

Anyway, what a pathetic and inflammatory "contest" to run?? I mean honestly... what kind of absolute dick head goes to something like this?? A family day out to something like this? These people running this are pedlars of hate... they are recognised as a Hate Group for god's sake and banned from entering the UK.
Geller is scum and they even had Geert Wilders talking at the event.

However all of that aside... none of that justifies these actions and the people who went to this exhibit to kill and injure people just for drawing a picture!!
They are pure scum and they got exactly what they deserved.
People are free to draw any pictures they want... that is fine, but this exhibit was pathetic, inflammatory and utterly pointless.

edit on 4/5/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Firstly I read the title as Muhammad Ali exhibit....I was thinking WTF??

Anyway, what a pathetic and inflammatory "contest" to run?? I mean honestly... what kind of absolute dick head goes to something like this?? A family day out to something like this? These people running this are pedlars of hate... they are recognised as a Hate Group for god's sake and banned from entering the UK.
Geller is scum and they even had Geert Wilders talking at the event.

However all of that aside... none of that justifies these actions and the people who went to this exhibit to kill and injure people just for drawing a picture!!
They are pure scum and they got exactly what they deserved.
People are free to draw any pictures they want... that is fine, but this exhibit was pathetic, inflammatory and utterly pointless.
I think most reasonable people recognize it was a stupid and inflammatory event, but they are protected by the U.S. Constitution to have that event, even if it's stupid and hateful.

At the end of the day, though, it's freaking drawings, and anyone who would KILL someone over a god damn drawing deserves to meet their demise at the business end of a firearm.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: thenewguy1987

I imagine one of those was in the trunk of the car, I saw video that looked like the trunk was charred.

Didn't look like it was that big of bomb though, but it is looking like maybe these guys could have planted something in advance if that explosion around midnight was not in the car.

Are you in the Dallas area? Anything you've seen or heard on the news that seems fishy or interesting that hasn't been brought up yet?

I am in the Dallas area and, no, I haven't heard or seen anything suspicious yet. I wasn't watching news last night so I missed all the earliest reports.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

So you quoted my whole post to say the EXACT same thing as me?

Why?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

So you quoted my whole post to say the EXACT same thing as me?

Why?
You seemed to be suggesting that maybe they shouldn't have held the event. I apologize if that was not your intent.

I defended their right to have the event, regardless of how stupid it was.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but from what little I know about this event ...

it reeks

I wonder which agency's informant "encouraged" these two? They always use throwaway "informants" for these types of things...plausible deniability.

And the sad thing? We eat up whatever the TV/radio news tells us. We nod our heads with blank states and dull eyes. No one ever digs deep enough or uncovers the truth about these things until many years later when it doesn't matter.
edit on 4-5-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Apparently this same venue was used for an event in January called "Stand With the Prophet", which was to combat Islamophobia.

This Gellar lady knew this so I think she did rent this place to stir anger.

So stupid.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

They are free to hold any event they like and people are free to go.
They are all complete wankers for doing so but entirely free to do so... they are also free to draw what they like, pretty sure I said that.

However vile the organisers and attendees are, Nothing should happen to them and murder, violence or intimidation for drawing offensive pictures is wholly unacceptable and as I said... these terrorists got exactly what they deserve.

edit on 4/5/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup .............but this exhibit was pathetic, inflammatory and utterly pointless.

Kinda like Keeping Up with the Kardashians, but no body shoots up that drivel, unfortunately. It's called freedom of speech....... but some freedom of speech comes with repercussions.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Now if it turns out to be as you suspect, I wouldn't be totally surprised BUT

I really don't think it is that way this time. It just seems so amateur. The news I've seen has not had much to sensationalize this event. The bombs they supposedly had did not do much, they only shot one guy in the foot.

To me, it screams unorganized and amateur. I do think it will be used as an excuse for something though. Can't let it go to waste!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Nah, perhaps the informant hadn't had a lot of time with these two, or these two bozo's were the only ones the informant could find that were willing to go along with it.

Not everyone an informant gets into bed with will go to the extremes wanted.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
We have so many muslim enemies who express their hate for everyone else, that some kind of reaction is inevitable; an "up yours Islam" event. Nevertheless this kind of event is not helpful. It's like they set up a bug zapper: an irresistible target. Then just shoot it out with whoever shows up? Dang!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join