It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two shot outside Muhammad Art Exhibit in Garland

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: cathouse42

originally posted by: roadgravel
So did the Patriot Act make it illegal and punishable for a person to say they want to join what is labeled a terrorist group.

Punished for the words, not the action.

Kind of like saying "i can hack this plane electronics" on twitter but not actually do it?

www.forbes.com...

Thought crime is real.

Thought crime is nonsense...

Conspiracy to commit *insert crime* with reasonable suspicion is always gonna be illegal.

Thought crimes do not exist.

So how do you determine the "conspiracy to commit" when NOTHING has been "committed" yet?

Where is the line that determines guild or innocence?

Apparently joking or just talking tongue in cheek is the very line.

It also appears that because these social networks are heavily monitored, that individuals not state sponsored (ISIS?) can get away with it and you nor I or anybody not state sponsored cannot.

edit on 4-5-2015 by cathouse42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: roadgravel
So did the Patriot Act make it illegal and punishable for a person to say they want to join what is labeled a terrorist group.

Punished for the words, not the action.

Kind of like saying "i can hack this plane electronics" on twitter but not actually do it?

www.forbes.com...

Thought crime is real.

Thought crime is nonsense...

Conspiracy to commit *insert crime* with reasonable suspicion is always gonna be illegal.

Thought crimes do not exist.

So how do you determine the "conspiracy to commit" when NOTHING has been "committed" yet?

Where is the line that determines guild or innocence?

Apparently joking or just talking tongue in cheek is the very line.

There is a law against "going equipped for a crime". Meaning if you gather the tools/weapons, and make an actionable plan to commit to the crime, you can be arrested.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cathouse42

It work along the lines of the government or friend there of, pass, not friend or citizen, crime.

Disinformation has been in play since about day 2 in society.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
After seeing the first news report, I just figured that it was a law enforcement sting operation devised to lure out extremist.

Due to liability amongst other issues, no LEA's will ever admit it was by design.

Texas being the perfect venue for such an operation. The reality is most are pretty comfortable with the results, so I wouldn't expect any deep outside investigations.

Using one group of extremist to lure another. Probably better none of the event planners/participants were hurt, but how much would anybody really care had they been?
edit on 5/4/15 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: DelMarvel
Somewhat off topic but the "no images of Mohammed" rule was to stop idol worship which was common in that region at the time.

They shouldn't have to worry about that by this point. It's just another example of religion entrenched in calcified legalism.
Which is highly ironic, considering they idolize Mohammed SO much they're willing to kill people over pictures and drawings of him.

the people that do this, will kill you over almost anything they don't like about you....if it's not that, they would find something else to hate about you. vengeance knows no end, it's been handed down for generations, and each generation has experienced this vengeance around them, which keeps the hate and retribution going...when will that cycle be broken?...it's a wonder that any nation outside the middle east would want to take sides and try and stop it....this has to be stopped by the same people that continue on with it, generation after generation.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thenewguy1987

So I noticed something interesting watching the video from around 12 AM: They said the FBI set off an EMP to explode any bombs in the vehicle.
On the video, we hear a bomb explode, but nothing from the car

i heard that to, funny that the car lights stayed on and never went out that i saw.
aren't we told that a EMP will fry anything electric.
i guess it was just a tiny EMP.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cathouse42

I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would have to post the definition of conspiracy on this site.

con·spir·a·cy
kənˈspirəsē/
noun
a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.
"a conspiracy to destroy the government"
synonyms: plot, scheme, plan, machination, ploy, trick, ruse, subterfe; informalracket
"a conspiracy to manipulate the results"
the action of plotting or conspiring.
"they were cleared of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice"
synonyms: plotting, collusion, intrigue, connivance, machination, collaboration; treason
"conspiracy to commit murder"

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Wiki

- Under most U.S. laws, for a person to be convicted of conspiracy, not only must he or she agree to commit a crime, but at least one of the conspirators must commit an overt act (the actus reus) in furtherance of the crime.

However, in United States v. Shabani the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that this "overt act" element is not required under the federal drug conspiracy statute, 21 U.S.C. section 846.

- California criminal law is somewhat representative of other jurisdictions. A punishable conspiracy exists when at least two people form an agreement to commit a crime, and at least one of them does some act in furtherance to committing the crime.

One example of this is The Han Twins Murder Conspiracy case, where one twin sister attempted to hire two youths to have her twin sister killed.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: UnBreakable

Got news for ya. There's more than two ISIS members in America right now, book it. They're just waiting for the signal. Like the call on 9-11.

Hopefully they all meet the same type of Marksman that will send them straight to hell before they kill innocent people. Our ignorant inept government lets them walk right over the border so its us Americans that will likely be stopping them. Everyone needs to watch out for terrorist no matter what you think of racial profiling. Its not a crime to keep an eye on someone acting shady.

No outrage will be shown until these extremists infiltrate a Sunday morning mass and executes the Christians present. Coming to a church near you by this fall at the latest. Then somehow the presstitutes will spin it as intolerance by the Christians.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I wonder who will be acting shady in your eyes...

Who has shot up the most innocent unsuspecting people in the united states time and time again?
Hint, it involves schools and public places.

Was it confirmed these guys had the ak's yet?

Maybe, kinda just speculation.
Can be said there isn't any actual members, just supporters which is not the same thing.
edit on thMon, 04 May 2015 15:30:35 -0500America/Chicago520153580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I just found out about this, I guess the Baltimore story has taken away from this.

So ISIS is in the US, didn't we have a thread talking about something to happen in the US, California was the targeted state by ISIS, now this happen in Texas.

I said on that thread that the danger was going to be the ISIS sympathizers wannabe

Now look what happen.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I wonder who will be acting shady in your eyes...

Who has shot up the most innocent unsuspecting people in the united states time and time again?
Hint, it involves schools and public places.

Was it confirmed these guys had the ak's yet?

Maybe, kinda just speculation.
Can be said there isn't any actual members, just supporters which is not the same thing.

Members? Supporters? Does it make a difference if whoever guns down a lot of non-ISIS members in the USA? Just making a point that until then there won't be a big fuss.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Yes it makes a difference, people can play wanna be all day. Doesn't meant that ISIS is in america and we all need to duck and cover.

What is your plan to prevent the shoot out that you are predicting?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
its my opinion that these guys werent ISIS, they were just muslim extremist that tried to carry out a horrific killing....

The fact that ISIS claimed responsibility isnt a suprise, they want people in the west to think they are all over the place in the US.

I dont feel these guys were genuinely ISIS members, their attempt was really quite horrible

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

While I don't believe that ISIS maybe fully organized in the US we can not take it either for granted, middle eastern populations are starting to grow in the US and people are turning a blind eye to that fact, then we have the wannabe that find any excuse to cause harm to others in their own twisted version of Islam.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It doesn't matter to me if these guys had direct links to the IS or not. They were radicalized by IS or IS sympathizers via the internet and social media which we have to recognize as the same thing. That's what we're up against. The enemy exists in cyberspace as much as in a geographical location. We're fighting the last war. Even if we could somehow defeat them militarily in Iraq and Syria they will just pop up again somewhere else.
edit on 4-5-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

People were and will find reasons to hurt other people regardless.

Sure we can't take it for granted that something won't happen, we just need something other then these two jacks to say that it is at our door step.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Is more than them, so far we have more cases here and there, nothing organized but the wannabe ISIS, either mentally unstable or really followers and believers of the cause are around, like time bombs ready to explode and harm others as they harm themselves.

And they are not afraid to die.

edit on 4-5-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Sure we can't take it for granted that something won't happen, we just need something other then these two jacks to say that it is at our door step.

a couple of sayings,

big things, often have small beginnings.

a flood starts with a single drop of water.

point being that, it had to start somewhere and it maybe sometime before another , then another. it may not come all at once.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Is like testing the grounds to see how far they can push, the more incidents happen, the more emboldened they becomes, until is out of control.

And to think that the CIA knew about one of the guys as he was detained on terrorism charges before, I believe, what that tells you, is like the Boston bombers, the CIA was warned about the two brothers before they entered the US as students.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join