It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two shot outside Muhammad Art Exhibit in Garland

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Seems CNN is reporting on of the men was an ISIS supporter based on twitter traffic.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Seems CNN is reporting on of the men was an ISIS supporter based on twitter traffic.

And yet Twitter continues to let these groups use their network to support attacks.

Doesn't that make Twitter supportive of the attacks by passive support (turning a blind eye)?

Makes you think whether that is intentional.

If I start using my email to make threats or Facebook and incite riots (this happened in the UK - www.bbc.co.uk...) I would end up in trouble and my account closed.

Why are they any different?

edit on 4-5-2015 by cathouse42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It is the workings of a sick, mentally challenged mind s/he who decides that displaying a picture of Mohammed warrants death.

There's no reason why we can't simultaneously call out bigotry and defend free speech.

You can simultaneously call out bigotry and defend free speech - you just did thanks to the 1st amendment. Kali, you cannot make a law against stupidity and idiots saying offencive things.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cathouse42

And yet Twitter continues to let these groups use their network to support attacks.

Doesn't that make Twitter supportive of the attacks by passive support (turning a blind eye)?

If I start using my email to make threats or Facebook and incite riots (this happened in the UK - www.bbc.co.uk...) I would end up in trouble and my account closed.

From my understanding Twitter deletes/bans accounts that post terrorist propaganda once the offending account is reported.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

From my understanding Twitter deletes/bans accounts that post terrorist propaganda once the offending account is reported.

So why are you not all out there reporting it?

You would think that once they spot a pattern, they would monitor the accounts more and then act faster.

It is not like it has caught them by surprise. This has been known for A LONG TIME.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You guy's scared yet ?

I am ! And I am Muslim ! These two knuckle heads got what they deserved ! If they were going kill innocent people in the name of "Islam" . Muhammad (pbuh) was beat up ,mocked , ridiculed, you name it! ,during his time by both Christians jews and even the arab people of his tribe . His followers wanted to take revenge ,and what did he say? LEAVE THEM! DO NOT HARM THEM ,BUY THE WILL OF ALLAH (GOD)THEY WILL COME TO ISLAM.
He did not instruct people to kill . The storys you hear about killing in the quran are in refrence to actions during times of war . "IF THEY KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND THEN KILL THEM WHERE THEY STAND ,IF THEY MAKE PEACE WITH YOU WHERE YOU STAND THEN MAKE PEACE WITH THEM WHERE THEY STAND. But Assholes like these two extremist take events like this and twist and innovate scripture .They take it as assault on islam thus believing they will die for a GREAT cause .... The first obligation to "jihad" Is dawa (inviting people to islam) be it your enemy or not . Also if these clowns knew the basics of Islam then they would know that living in non muslim lands (lands not under sharia) they have to obey the respected country's laws , likewise with non muslims living in muslim lands . The problem I have noticed is that most extremist tend to be types that have lived a sinful or troubbled life x criminals who have had a history of violence , killing is what they seek. They are quick to buy a plane ticket to jihad but they can't even buy a tickey to go to hajj (pilgramge to mecca ) or try and give dawa. if they had a problem with this event they should have protested it peacefully !.

I said I was afraid ,but not because i fear IsIs but because I fear my government does not fully know the mindset of these extremist. I fear they won't know how to seprate the good muslims from the bad if things were to get really bad .

I HATE!! These extremist with a passion ! They have hijacked a religion that once stood for peace and compassion ,love ,honor, respect, .

I stand with you my fellow americans if they (the extremist) try to bring war to this land I will fight along side you ,it is my obligation as a Muslim .

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
You guy's scared yet ?

I am ! And I am Muslim ! These two knuckle heads got what they deserved ! If they were going kill innocent people in the name of "Islam" . Muhammad (pbuh) was beat up ,mocked , ridiculed, you name it! ,during his time by both Christians jews and even the arab people of his tribe . His followers wanted to take revenge ,and what did he say? LEAVE THEM! DO NOT HARM THEM ,BUY THE WILL OF ALLAH (GOD)THEY WILL COME TO ISLAM.
He did not instruct people to kill . The storys you hear about killing in the quran are in refrence to actions during times of war . "IF THEY KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND THEN KILL THEM WHERE THEY STAND ,IF THEY MAKE PEACE WITH YOU WHERE YOU STAND THEN MAKE PEACE WITH THEM WHERE THEY STAND. But Assholes like these two extremist take events like this and twist and innovate scripture .They take it as assault on islam thus believing they will die for a GREAT cause .... The first obligation to "jihad" Is dawa (inviting people to islam) be it your enemy or not . Also if these clowns knew the basics of Islam then they would know that living in non muslim lands (lands not under sharia) they have to obey the respected country's laws , likewise with non muslims living in muslim lands . The problem I have noticed is that most extremist tend to be types that have lived a sinful or troubbled life x criminals who have had a history of violence , killing is what they seek. They are quick to buy a plane ticket to jihad but they can't even buy a tickey to go to hajj (pilgramge to mecca ) or try and give dawa. if they had a problem with this event they should have protested it peacefully !.

I said I was afraid ,but not because i fear IsIs but because I fear my government does not fully know the mindset of these extremist. I fear they won't know how to seprate the good muslims from the bad if things were to get really bad .

I HATE!! These extremist with a passion ! They have hijacked a religion that once stood for peace and compassion ,love ,honor, respect, .

I stand with you my fellow americans if they (the extremist) try to bring war to this land I will fight along side you ,it is my obligation as a Muslim .

Lots of nice words, warm and cozy..

What are you doing about it?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Looks as though round 1 of attacking in Texas didn't go well for the aggressors.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: cathouse42

Another thought...

Its amazing how shooting two muslims has some people cheering for the Police again, isn't it?

I cheer the police when they're actually doing their job, in this case taking down two armed men, before any innocent life was lost from just attending a cartoon display.

Dressed as Rambos in Desert Camos wearing ski masks.

They look like they just had a round of Paint ball.

In fact they remind me of batman impersonators

So, you're criticizing the way they were dressed as they responded to what could've been a terrorist situation and they weren't sure what they were up against? If you or your loved ones are in a possible terrorist situation, make sure you request regular cops in their standard Mayberry uniforms who are unprepared.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
You guy's scared yet ?

Lots of nice words, warm and cozy..

What are you doing about it?

Glad you asked! I belong to a group that. Reaches out to Muslims ,youth,converts , etc .

We give proper dawa, and offfer evidence and scripture to show them the evils of khuaraij (extremeist ) ideology. The problem is ,is that we don't have to resources to reach a wider audience . But we do what we can ...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I imagine this event will be used to whip up public support to fight ISIS. News of ISIS seems to have dwindled over the last few weeks.

is whipping up support to eradicate ISIS a bad thing?

They killed hundreds Yazidi this weekend

www.cnn.com...

I don't know what it is going to take to wake us up to the fact the enemy is at the gates, heck the enemy is within the gates.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You would think that once they spot a pattern, they would monitor the accounts more and then act faster.

It is not like it has caught them by surprise. This has been known for A LONG TIME.
Because it's not my job to play internet nanny and report this crap. If I happen upon terrorist propaganda in my casual (and highly infrequent) browsing of twitter, sure, I report it. But I don't actively search out terrorist messages on twitter and it's not my job, nor is it my calling to do it. I very rarely do anything on Social Media.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Another thought...

Its amazing how shooting two muslims has some people cheering for the Police again, isn't it?

I cheer the police when they're actually doing their job, in this case taking down two armed men, before any innocent life was lost from just attending a cartoon display.

So, you're criticizing the way they were dressed as they responded to what could've been a terrorist situation and they weren't sure what they were up against? If you or your loved ones are in a possible terrorist situation, make sure you request regular cops in their standard Mayberry uniforms who are unprepared.

Yes, the police are acting more and more like an ARMY.

How is DESERT camo going to help there? Did the building have a DESERT paint job on it? It is an URBAN environment, not Iraq.

It is like putting FOREST camo on the SPACE shuttle, is there TREES in space?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Because it's not my job to play internet nanny and report this crap. If I happen upon terrorist propaganda in my casual (and highly infrequent) browsing of twitter, sure, I report it. But I don't actively search out terrorist messages on twitter and it's not my job, nor is it my calling to do it. I very rarely do anything on Social Media.

So why are not TWITTER doing it, it IS TWITTERS job, why is the US government not doing it it is THEIR job.

www.dhs.gov...

"If you see something do something", looks like they want you to be a brown jacket.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Another thought...

How is DESERT camo going to help there? Did the building have a DESERT paint job on it? It is an URBAN environment, not Iraq.

Your position is confusing. Terrorists post things on twitter and you scream "Report them to the authorities!"

Authorities respond to a terrorist attack, foiling it, and you scream "POLICE STATE!"

Which is it?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I would think that a site the size of Twitter would make that impossible. Sites the size of ATS though.....

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Another thought...

Your position is confusing. Terrorists post things on twitter and you scream "Report them to the authorities!"

Authorities respond to a terrorist attack, foiling it, and you scream "POLICE STATE!"

Which is it?

Good point, SR. Yes, I'm interested in an explanation for this dichotomy, too.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Kali, you cannot make a law against stupidity and idiots saying offencive things.

That's exactly what I'm saying. You can't outlaw it but you can call it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join