It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Hung out to dry??? They brought this on themselves. Someone running from them is not even cause to be suspicious, let alone cause enough to attack someone to the point of injuring them unto death...

Jaden

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

At least the mindset of those supporting rioting and looting is clear..
Agreed, the court of public opinion has already tried and convicted these officers. If even a single one of them walks, the city will burn again, regardless of silly things like "evidence", "testimony", and "justice".

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: Okeyd57

originally posted by: retiredTxn
a reply to: IAMTAT

Although some may be upset, she had no choice but to pursue charges in this matter. This may be the one incident out of many that will bring about some much needed change.

She also pointed out this was not an indictment of all police officers, but of those who abuse their power and position.

Is anyone else concerned what this will mean for the future of law enforcement ? It's hard enough to find good cops now, but if these types of cases become the norm, what young guy with a bright mind would ever want to go into this field. Which means police forces will be forced to hire recruits with more questionable qualifications than they do now. I hate to think how that will work out.

Robots. We're going to have to build and start using robot police officers. I can actually see this happening in the near future. Robots wouldn't discriminate and would treat everyone the same.
Until you program them to discriminate.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I cannot say I know the facts in this case as the amount of propaganda from both sides is staggering.. however..

There is a history of this sort of injury, and injuries as a whole, from people who went into the back of the van in good shape, and came out in much much worse shape.. even a couple broken vertebrae's as a result.

Whether or not the police officers themselves are culpable or guilty of wrongdoing there is a problem, that at the very least a few million dollars ago should have been addressed by the city of Baltimore..

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I heard, just now on the radio, that half of the 6 charged police officers are black.
Would that have any bearing on anyone's opinion that this is a racial issue?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

eh woudnt robots use like computerized logic? i mean they would look at what they were programed with(criminal statisitics etc) which may not be what people want exactly.less likely to let "rage" or emotions get in the way sure,but if they are programed wrong at first wont solve any problem .no robot cops least not in our life times hopefully (san jose ca has robots on patrol but i think they jsut gather evidence and reprot to humans to make arrests)

and what happens to our bill of rights when we make robot police,what if they are equipped with thermal or xray vision? that would pretty much toss out the 4th amendment search and seizure,what if they were equipped with lie detectors? there goes the 5th

even employing robot cops has other legal implications i mean would we not be creating a race of slaves?
www.youtube.com... should be set up to where he talks about it but if it glitches its at the start of the video

one robot is awesome but what happens when we create a "race of them"
edit on 1-5-2015 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I cannot say I know the facts in this case as the amount of propaganda from both sides is staggering.. however..

There is a history of this sort of injury, and injuries as a whole, from people who went into the back of the van in good shape, and came out in much much worse shape.. even a couple broken vertebrae's as a result.

Whether or not the police officers themselves are culpable or guilty of wrongdoing there is a problem, that at the very least a few million dollars ago should have been addressed by the city of Baltimore..

Completely agreed. I think during the trial we'll be able to see first hand via traffic cameras whether or not the driver gave Grey a "rough ride". That is of course if every single traffic camera along the route the van took wasn't mysteriously inoperable at the time.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I heard, just now on the radio, that half of the 6 charged police officers are black.

Oh God please. Here it comes.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

Oh God please. Here it comes.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

lol...here comes what?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Hung out to dry??? They brought this on themselves. Someone running from them is not even cause to be suspicious, let alone cause enough to attack someone to the point of injuring them unto death...

Jaden

yes, the hate is INSTITUTIONALISED. It is at the INSTITUTIONAL level.

Just following orders.

Nobody ever got fired for following orders.

America is a deeply racist and divided country at both the institutional and social level.

Just listen to the black people, just listen to the white people speak.

I am not American and this is totally alien to me, every time I hear a black person claim they are black this black that, or a white person this white person that, I am flabberghasted.

It is 2015. Wake up people.

Until you drop the colour or "african-american" or "whatever-american" labels, You are deeply divided.

And you have the NERVE and CHEEK to tell the rest of the world how to behave? WISE THE FECK UP.

Go home, solve your own problems.

You are not fit or ready to rule the world.

edit on 1-5-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

That's because both assertions are rhetorical nonsense.

link   
Radio just interviewed aBaltimore police officer, saying that police saw a drug deal going down and felt Gray was involved.

link   

Radio just interviewed aBaltimore police officer, saying that police saw a drug deal going down and felt Gray was involved.

Probably some plant.. NATURE CRIME!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wasn't Gray a drug dealer?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Wasn't Gray a drug dealer?

Big Pharma drugs ok, nature drugs bad?

Plants are evil.

We all know the Biggest drug dealers in the world are CEO's of Big Pharma.

edit on 1-5-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

lol...here comes what?

As if the waters weren't already muddied enough, the apologists will claim no race problem. See, black cops do it too, why just harp on white cops?

Versus, every excuse you can imagine why the black cops only did it to save their jobs, they were ordered to, etc. etc.

This is about to get messy!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Do you enjoy embarrassing yourself...or are you just trying to derail this discussion?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes I am sure what all started this is going to change.

I am sure the story of him just making eye contact and then running and that was why they went at him won't be the talk track from the PD.

And the black officers don't eliminate the racial aspect.
Not that is is proven, but if we can be so hell bent on denying it, why can't the opposite be done as well?
Like if anyone tries to say it is, they get instantly branded as a race baiter.
Can we label some one for trying to say that it wasn't?

I am not saying this was racial motivated. Well for a fact anyway.
Just that it still could have been. All it take is one officer.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Do you enjoy embarrassing yourself...or are you just trying to derail this discussion?

You're right, America doesn't have a deep race issue.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Go home, solve your own problems. You are not fit or ready to rule the world.

Pretty good summary. Our leaders try to control the world as our country falls apart.

If the US runs the world under it's current strategy, this is what the world will be.

edit on 5/1/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join