It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
Because prosecutors work with the police, it's a conflict of interest to prosecute the police. That is why I believe police are rarely indicted, the prosecutor don't want to ruin their working relationship with the police, so they don't prosecute the police as vigorously as they would you or I.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
Heh,Yeah a "special prosecutor"..I.E one that will turn a blind eye,and will always take the pigs side no matter what.

edit on 1-5-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The arresting officer, who had previous mental problems...will probably be the one they end up prosecuting.
The others will get a long vacation.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

Also, while you have more knowledge of the Gray timeline you don't state if the police felt that something he did after detainment - but before the search - warranted arrest.

Can you view embedded Youtube vids? Here's the complete statement from State's Attorney Mosby. As she reads the timeline, the officers' coffins are sealed, in my opinion.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I didn't read all six pages here so I'm not sure anyone has brought this up. I believe it is correct to indict here. But I also think there's a conflict of interest where the DA has ties with the Gray family attorney and he contributed 5 large to her campaign. And her husband is on City Council repping the area where Gray died.

"At the same time, Mosby's political life is complicated. She has ties to the Gray family's attorney, William H. "Billy" Murphy Jr.; he donated $5,000 to her campaign and served on her transition committee. And her husband, Nick, serves on the City Council, representing the area where Gray died."
www.baltimoresun.com...=1

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Been waiting for someone to bring that up. Star.
Yes, corruption in progressive Baltimore is rampant. Notice what good friends Sharpton and the Mayor have become?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is good news, and hopefully we'll see this progress properly through the legal system without any interference from the police union (leaking of evidence etc).

This is going to be risky business. The union has already decided which side it's on, and clearly there's a suggestion that police officers in Baltimore have been actively attempting to subvert the justice system with the leaking of pertinent information - attempting to sabotage the case.

It seems to me that this might be why some of these officers have been charged with abuse of position in a public office. That sounds to me as though they've been trying to cover things up.

There are other things suggesting this too. They claimed he was armed with a flick knife, and he wasn't - they lied.
None of them mentioned that one stop they made at the restaurant - again, that suggests they were actively conspiring to lie and cover something up.

The problem now is, who do they trust to control and direct the rest of this case, and hold evidence securely? We know that the police are like one big mafia when it comes to protecting each other, even when it's clear they were in the wrong. They killed him, but how far will other officers, the union, and state officials go to try to prevent them from being held accountable?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: rickymouse

The arresting officer, who had previous mental problems...will probably be the one they end up prosecuting.
The others will get a long vacation.

So they are going to get the summer off. Cool.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
As opposed to the police and the DA being working colleagues in most other investigations of police lawbreaking?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I figure this case, if she is in charge, will make or break her career. Yes, the police may well be unhappy with her. Isn't the call for a change from the would be defendants (or union), not others. That would seem to say the police don't trust her to be on their side.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

She comes from a family of law enforcement in which her Mother, Grandfather, and 2 Uncles were police officers. I wonder if we'd see claims of conflict of interest had she decided not to bring charges seeing how her family history could be seen as favorable towards law enforcement.
edit on 1-5-2015 by FraggleRock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

In this instance, because Freddie Gray ran

Who saw Freddie run?

That question has been nagging at me.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Been waiting for someone to bring that up. Star.
Yes, corruption in progressive Baltimore is rampant. Notice what good friends Sharpton and the Mayor have become?

Apparently there is a conflict.

"According to Ryan, Mosby has several personal and professional conflicts due to a relationship with Gray family attorney William Murphy and connections with members of the local media. He also notes that her husband, Nick Mosby, is a city councilman."
wiat.com...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
It's a mess... The police need to clean their own ranks out, because the way the legal system is set up, the courts likely will not. And leaving it to the police to police themselves has worked out swell so far eh?

edit on Fri, 01 May 2015 13:56:04 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't know anything about the unfortunate young man.Except that the people who have sworn an oath to protect us may well have been his murderers.My God what a shameful disgrace.
Society didn't let this man down.
It killed him.And this should have been addressed by Washington decades ago.
The status quo won't,and shouldn't be tolerated anymore.
Im deeply ashamed and sad.
edit on CDTFripm5161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTFripm5161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

She comes from a family of law enforcement in which her Mother, Grandfather, and 2 Uncles were police officers. I wonder if we'd see claims of conflict of interest had she decided not to bring charges seeing how her family history could be seen as favorable towards law enforcement.

I wonder if her law enforcement family members gave five thousand dollars to her campaign or worked on her transition team. current political power trip > old family ties

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Just wanted to point out the FACT that if Freddy had not ran,,,,none of this would have happened. No, I do not condone the inaction of the police to provide medical attention when it was needed, but again, Freddy's actions led to his demise. Now that we are going to see justice for the family of Freddy,,,,,how about the same for all the people who lost there business because of the decisions of a incompetent mayer who had the police stand down. I think she owes some people a lot of money, and should be removed immediatly from her position as mayer.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

After seeing close to 100% of police and associates only defend police in these cases of questionable actions by police it make me feel there are none with honesty and ethics left.

The time where they defended the shooting of a man in the back while he is running away took the cake for me.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I didn't read all six pages here so I'm not sure anyone has brought this up. I believe it is correct to indict here. But I also think there's a conflict of interest where the DA has ties with the Gray family attorney and he contributed 5 large to her campaign. And her husband is on City Council repping the area where Gray died.

She also comes from several Generations of cops, including both her mom and dad, grandfather, his father, uncles, cousins etc. She is about as Blue as they come.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead

You're not arrested until you're told so. Police cuff/zip-tie detained people all of the time "for your safety and mine" and let them loose after they can't find a reason to make an arrest, they're just "sorting things out" ... is that legal? I have no idea but have seen it done several times here in Bmore (and yes, to white guys too)

That can and does happen many of times. Calling the wagon is a good sign someone has been arrested though.

Also, while you have more knowledge of the Gray timeline you don't state if the police felt that something he did after detainment - but before the search - warranted arrest.

If they did, there is no report of it to my knowledge. I guess wait and see on this one.

Don't get me wrong, I think the cops definitely did something to cause Gray's death but you have to be able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Right now all of the 6 police are innocent until proven guilty.

The charges against the officers state Freddie Gray was placed face down head first into the wagon, not restrained, as per a Baltimore PD General Order. Subsequently, at each stop along the way, nobody took it upon themselves to restrain Gray via seat belt or other restraint.

EDIT: plus there was more than one cop, so I guess one could have told another "you call the wagon, I'm going to read this guy his rights and arrest him." only to take longer to get to it all than it did to call the paddy wagon...just thinking out loud (the typing version of that)

Again, more wait and see on this. I long for the trial to get here and be over, but also hope everything is investigated fully.
edit on 5 1 2015 by retiredTxn because: bad quoting

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join