It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Okeyd57

So we can't do anything about bad cops for fear that it might prevent future good cops from joining? Whats the solution then, continue to turn a blind eye? I understand that we don't want to criminalize all police but why should we ignore the bad ones to avoid alienating the good ones?
edit on 1-5-2015 by FraggleRock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here's my take on the Baltimore riots: donaldjeffries.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I feel the same way. I realize the catalyst for the protests in the beginning was ONLY about Freddy Gray. Then the reasoning for their anger was over lack of good education and opportunity that has been going on for years in different areas of our nation. My question is why did it take this incident with Freddy to spark protests about other issues that had nothing to do with it at all? To make changes that actually work for everyone you must take action at the time of whatever greivances you have, not when it suits you, because the other arguments not related to this one case will be deemed irrelevent.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: UnBreakable

Then I guess the only thing to do is get rid of law enforcement all together by that rationale. Since they are getting out of hand and abusive now and according to your theory this will only bring in more bad cops then the only thing left to do is not have any cops then.

Or what else would you suggest??

Suggestion? I have none. I'm just glad I won't be around in about thirty years. Until then I'm locked and loaded and police myself.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
That narrative of events is freaking terrifying.

I can't imagine how helpless and scared I would feel trussed up and injured with the only people able to help milling around and doing nothing.

Anyone that stood idly by and allowed this to happen is complicit in his murder.

I hope this serves as a warning to other jackass cops. Don't just go with the flow if it's a s##$ flow or you might get in deep trouble. Also don't go messing with people that are cuffed because there is a good chance you'll kill them.

What a horrible thing.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Ya, I kinda feel the same way. At least I don't think I'll make it another 30 years but ya never know I guess. They keep getting better at keeping people alive it seems so I might be.

Maybe we'll get lucky and tomorrow we'll all wake up to a world free of corruption and people hurting other people. I know it's unlikely but I can dream.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

eh i think it may be both,it could very well be a legal knife in MD but illegal in baltimore .some jurisdictions like nyc for example have more strict knife laws then their surrounding areas .and as a point of clarification they did not know he had any kind of weapon on him tell they chased him down after he ran with out being contacted by them.ie he was not under a terry stop and thus technicly not required to stop or interact with police if he did not choose to.so i think even if the knife was illegal it will be ruled on under the tree of poisonous fruit doctrine.ie it may very well have been illegal for him to have,but by the police violating his rights to find this out they basically take it out of the equation from a legal stand point.to clarify evidence gathered via illegal means is not relevant or submittable in court of law and by illegally detaining him took this bit of evidence out of the equation so to speak

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
America, the world leader of peace... can't even solve it's own problems.

How is that for leadership and setting an example for the world to follow!

Spreading Democracy (even when the United States of America is a Constitutional Republic and NOT a democracy!).

Do as we say, Not as we do!

edit on 1-5-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

Spreading Democracy (even when the United States of America is a Constitutional Republic and NOT a democracy!).

Can we have just ONE thread that you don't try to derail with your "USA IS THE GREAT SATAN" tripe? Please?
edit on 1-5-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Can we have just ONE thread that you don't try to derail with your "USA IS EVERYTHING EVIL" tripe? Please?

Truth hurts, dun it.

Perhaps if you set a GOOD example, there would be NO COMEBACK?

How about you PROVE us WRONG? How about you actually set a GOOD EXAMPLE and then we can point and say "oh look, America,, ummm oh look America, oh boy, we wana be like them!"

edit on 1-5-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Can we have just ONE thread that you don't try to derail with your "USA IS EVERYTHING EVIL" tripe? Please?

Truth hurts, dun it.

Nah. Especially when what you spew out isn't truth, but opinion.

(post by bullcat removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: jimmyx

Again, as I stated in my earlier replies, I think the indictments are definitely justified, and the cops should be fully prosecuted. I just think it's shady the ties between the DA and the Gray family attorney.

Good thing it won't be the DA making any decision on the guilt of these officer then, huh?

The man died in their care, they failed him at the very least, at most they murdered him. Clearly there is enough evidence to bring a case against these officers. Associations should make absolutely no difference to the evidence and facts we know exist.

The problem is when those facts and evidence are clouded deliberately by other corrupt officers. You can make evidence "go away", but it's much harder to "invent" it.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: jimmyx

Again, as I stated in my earlier replies, I think the indictments are definitely justified, and the cops should be fully prosecuted. I just think it's shady the ties between the DA and the Gray family attorney.

Good thing it won't be the DA making any decision on the guilt of these officer then, huh?

The man died in their care, they failed him at the very least, at most they murdered him. Clearly there is enough evidence to bring a case against these officers. Associations should make absolutely no difference to the evidence and facts we know exist.

The problem is when those facts and evidence are clouded deliberately by other corrupt officers. You can make evidence "go away", but it's much harder to "invent" it.

"Duty of care"

What a pisser eh.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I can't help but wonder about Al Sharpton's new friendship with the Baltimore mayor...and his call to federalize all state police departments. How many of the shots is he calling in this case?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Truth hurts, dun it.

Rah rah rah, Nuke Russia, Rah rah, Best weapons in the world, Rah rah.

Did i get it right?
I didn't bring up Russia. You did. Thanks for making your agenda perfectly clear to everyone here. You're laughably transparent. I'll stop responding to you now, at risk of derailing things further, which is clearly your end game here.

I'm thrilled they charged the officers. Maybe now there will be some peace in Baltimore, at least until several of the officers are acquitted.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Truth hurts, dun it.

Rah rah rah, Nuke Russia, Rah rah, Best weapons in the world, Rah rah.

Did i get it right?
I didn't bring up Russia. You did. Thanks for making your agenda perfectly clear to everyone here. You're laughably transparent. I'll stop responding to you now, at risk of derailing things further, which is clearly your end game here.

I'm thrilled they charged the officers. Maybe now there will be some peace in Baltimore, at least until several of the officers are acquitted.

I didn't either, NATO did

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

At least the mindset of those supporting rioting and looting is clear..

link   

Truth hurts, dun it.

No, it's not about the truth hurting, it's about the same anti-American, simple-minded BS being totally f-ing ridiculous.

Troll on.

link   

originally posted by: Okeyd57

originally posted by: retiredTxn
a reply to: IAMTAT

Although some may be upset, she had no choice but to pursue charges in this matter. This may be the one incident out of many that will bring about some much needed change.

She also pointed out this was not an indictment of all police officers, but of those who abuse their power and position.

Is anyone else concerned what this will mean for the future of law enforcement ? It's hard enough to find good cops now, but if these types of cases become the norm, what young guy with a bright mind would ever want to go into this field. Which means police forces will be forced to hire recruits with more questionable qualifications than they do now. I hate to think how that will work out.

Robots. We're going to have to build and start using robot police officers. I can actually see this happening in the near future. Robots wouldn't discriminate and would treat everyone the same.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join