It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega
Whites are more likely to be able to afford a lawyer than blacks and latinos. let's not address why, though.

Yes, by all means let's bring up the racial arguments in society now too. Because EVERYONE is against anyone who isn't white......

Yes, remember liberals preach tolerance for everyone as long as they're not white and Christian.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I don't care what his condition was, he died as a result of an injury he sustained while in police custody. I don't care if he was a hemophiliac who bled out, a diabetic who went into diabetic shock or an overweight man who had high blood pressure and died from a heart attack! Police need to get medical attention to those who are injured in their custody, period! And, police need to take responsibility for their own brutality and excessive force.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And yet, the facts are that he died from a severed spine that occurred while in police custody. Those are all the facts that we need. I don't care about is medical condition the day before the incident. I care about his medical condition the day after!

The police are clearly to blame for this. It's another example on a long, long list of unarmed black men dying in police custody for minor crimes.

Nice to see you have all the facts since you say "the police are clearly to blame for this". Mind posting your transcript after you interviewed and cleared the other witness who was also in the van the same time as Gray.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Oh okay, so you're one of those people who suppose that Freddie Gray severed his own spine, while shackled in the back of a police van!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Please never serve on a jury. Just tell them you are to fast to rush to judgement. I seen people slam their heads on cop car windows. maybe just maybe if he did just have spinal surgery and slammed his back and head on the side of the van caused this. Maybe the cops beat the f#ck out of him and caused it. Let the facts come out.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

a reply to: NavyDoc

However, how could the cops be expected to know he had recent surgery when he resisted arrest?

The cops aren't expected to know anything, except to get medical treatment to their own victims, regardless of their crimes!

Fact: Freddie Gray was able to and did run from the police.

Fact: The police tackled him to the ground.

Fact: Freddie Gray died of a severed spine suffered while in the custody of, and at the hand of the police.

Fact: Medical treatment was negligently and possible fatally, delayed.

How is one expected to provide medical care when the person neither shows symptoms nor had an incident that usually causes severe injury?

Facts: he ran from the police, was taken into custody while resisting, and walked to a van. He had an 80% evulsion that was evident later.

All the rest is simple supposition. Those things you call facts are not facts, but assumptions.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Police need to get medical attention to those who are injured in their custody

If cops did this every time someone screamed they hurt then the hospitals would be full of inmates. No need to take sick grandma to the hospital as they will be to busy tending to all the "hurt inmates"

edit on 29-4-2015 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Quit arguing with all your medical knowledge and stuff...can't you see this is a case of media against you, a trained professional in the field?

Oh really? Navy Doc is a Neurologist now? Gee wiz, when did a military medic, who claims to have done a few abortions in the field too, get his doctor's degree in Neurology? Somewhere on an oil barge I guess!

LOL. Talk about trying to misrepresent someone. I've never claimed to "do abortions in the field." That is an out and out lie. What I have said is that I've done a few, as most physicians do in their training if they rotate through OB/GYN.

I got my MD at the University of Michigan. Where did you get your MD?

So go ahead and be a lying jerk all you want, but you still are wrong as to the facts of spinal cord injury.

link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I don't care what his condition was, he died as a result of an injury he sustained while in police custody. I don't care if he was a hemophiliac who bled out, a diabetic who went into diabetic shock or an overweight man who had high blood pressure and died from a heart attack! Police need to get medical attention to those who are injured in their custody, period! And, police need to take responsibility for their own brutality and excessive force.

Completely agree. When I saw the footage of them trying to stand him up and make him walk to the van, knowing what condition his spine was in, I literally wept. His feet were mostly dangling, as he groaned in pain. They had to drag him.

I guess there are people who think they should be the ones to determine when it's safe to take a walk outside again following surgery. Doesn't matter what the patient thinks, right? It's YOUR business to decide that.

But yes, Windwood, they surely killed him, or inflicted injuries that resulted in his death. Surgery or not, the guy filming before he turned on the camera said he heard a "crunch" as they pushed his legs up to an unnatural position on his back, near his head.

Whatever he'd done, I'm sure didn't justify the death penalty.

I actually support police for the most part, but these guys really really screwed up, and they should now face the consequences.
edit on 4/29/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

Oh okay, so you're one of those people who suppose that Freddie Gray severed his own spine, while shackled in the back of a police van!

No, I'm one of those people that have an open mind and entertain the possibility that Gray was agitated and maybe mouthed off to the other prisoner who was in the van with him, who might've stomped on his head or pushed him, seriously injuring an already weakened neck from surgery. I'm waiting until Friday for the official explanation. You're the one making the ridiculous, asinine assumption he severed his own spine without knowing all the facts.

link   

Quit arguing with all your medical knowledge and stuff...can't you see this is a case of media against you, a trained professional in the field?

Oh really? Navy Doc is a Neurologist now? Gee wiz, when did a military medic, who claims to have done a few abortions in the field too, get his doctor's degree in Neurology? Somewhere on an oil barge I guess!

Wow...maybe read up on what a Neurologist does before sounding REALLY ignorant. Can't remember the last time a Neurologist operated on someone.....

And my guess would be, from your questions above, that he has a lot more education and training than you.

Maybe Neurosurgeon was the term you were looking for? Neurologists don't perform surgery.....sorry to burst your intellect bubble
edit on 4/29/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Facts: he ran from the police, was taken into custody while resisting, and walked to a van. He had an 80% evulsion that was evident later.

No! Freddie Gray did NOT walk into the van, he was dragged into it. He was screaming in pain, asking for medical care while bystanders were also noting and alerting the cops to his physical disability. The police had no excuse for their neglect in withholding medical treatment. End of story!
edit on 29-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The news now are going over the statistics on police brutality in the city of Baltimore,

This is a break out of the city,

The city is 63% black and 24% of residents live below the poverty line,

West Baltimore, a crime-ridden area that was the focus of HBO’s hit show “The Wire” and where Gray died, had an unemployment rate of 19.1% in 2011. The median household income there sat below $25,000, while 33% of its residents, in the West Baltimore zip code of 21217 were receiving food stamps, according to statistics compiled by Forbes.

Since 2011, some 100 people won lawsuits after alleging excessive force, payouts that totaled nearly $6 million, a 2014 investigation by The Baltimore Sun found.

The city’s paid nearly $6 million more since 2010 in attorney fees to defend itself against the suits. And the settlements could have been significantly higher if not for a Maryland law that limits claims against local governments to no more than $200,000 per suit.

www.nydailynews.com...

Following the information I found and have read around the board, I will agree that Baltimore with such numbers of the population been in the black community the cases of police confrontations are high, meaning that it is a big problem when it comes to the police brutality and excessive force dealing with such higher number in certain groups of one population and not the others.

The police officers involved in the Gray case and subsequently death are not innocent by any means.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Whites are more likely to be able to afford a lawyer than blacks and latinos. let's not address why, though.

Yes, by all means let's bring up the racial arguments in society now too. Because EVERYONE is against anyone who isn't white......

You suffer complete disconnect. This whole thing is about race. Watching conservatives fall all over themselves to prove they aren't racists is hilarious to watch.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No! Freddie Gray did NOT walk into the van, he was dragged into it. He was screaming in pain, asking for medical care while bystanders were also noting and alerting the cops to his physical disability. The police had no excuse for their neglect in withholding medical treatment. End of story!

Do I need to post the picture again of him standing on his own with his head turned, or should I post one of him ducking and getting into the van this time, or maybe a gif of the last few seconds showing all of this occurring?

He was not dragged into the van, that would imply someone was INSIDE the van pulling him in. He is very clearly standing on the platform on the back of the van, turning towards the police and then ducks down and steps in.

Are you blind?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

He stood up and got into the van. People claim he was screaming and asking for help and, as explained to you previously, most perps do that. It is only the "end of the story" because that is what you want to believe and you don't want to learn facts, you've already got your mind made up.

So let's say he was screaming in pain for a second. Can you explain to me how someone with an 80% C3 evulsion is making any sort of noise at all?
edit on 29-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Last time I checked, Neurosurgeons did spinal surgery. Not medics.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I saw the video of him being dragged, screaming in pain. I don't care about the still picture. I don't what care "perps" usually do. I care that the man died as a result of injuries suffered at the hands of the police and due to their refusal to get him timely and proper medical attention.

edit on 29-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You suffer complete disconnect. This whole thing is about race. Watching conservatives fall all over themselves to prove they aren't racists is hilarious to watch.

It might, just might be argued that this is about police brutality. After all, others that WERE completely innocent AND white were brought up in this thread and they were BEATEN to death.

My quote that you are using in THIS argument is relevant to your claims if another article being truth.....and I was pointing out that the article was biased based on that one statement from the actual research.

You are the one insinuating that blacks can't get a good lawyer....maybe address it in the context of a white and a black that have the same record, background and money in their account can likely only get the same lawyer.

I happen to know plenty of blacks that can afford a much better lawyer than I ever could....hell, almost every member of most major sports team in Basketball and Football are black....they get paid MUCH more than I ever will and can afford the best lawyers in the country.

So that excuse is lame and only used to compare poor blacks to middle income whites....if you compare apples to apples you don't get the same....money is money and lawyers are lawyers....they don't play if you don't pay, regardless of color.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join