It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well he certainly didn't look like he was under any duress when he stepped into the van on his own...

Are you kidding? Did you watch the same video that I did? His legs were paralyzed and he was screaming out in pain!

I don't care if he had surgery before, he needed medical attention RIGHT THEN and they inhumanely ignored his needs and caused his death.

End of story!

Then please explain how, in the video I posted a couple pages back, he was able to stand up on his own, turn his head to look back, duck down and step into the van ALL ON HIS OWN.

Hard for someone paralyzed to do that I think....but I am not a doctor.[/v]

Right, you're not a doctor!

I saw the video and he wasn't able able to step into the van. Witnesses were yelling at the police to use care because he couldn't "use his legs", his "legs were broken". He didn't have a severed spine when he ran from the police the truth of the matter is, he suffered a severed spine in police custody.

The police were willfully negligent. They killed the guy for no good reason. Three's no way around that!

Like I just posted.....you are wrong...completely and totally wrong.

Here is a screenshot from the video again:

So, you are suggesting the cops are holding him 2 feet above their heads and somehow able to prop his head up, turn it towards the camera and suggest a smile in that screenshot?

Is there a different definition of the word paralyzed in your dictionary?

He is CLEARLY standing on his own, turning his own head and about to duck down and step into the van.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Well he certainly didn't look like he was under any duress when he stepped into the van on his own...

Are you kidding? Did you watch the same video that I did? His legs were paralyzed and he was screaming out in pain!

I don't care if he had surgery before, he needed medical attention RIGHT THEN and they inhumanely ignored his needs and caused his death.

End of story!

Here...let me point out exactly where you are incorrect:

So, being paralyzed and all, he can sure stand up, turn his head and smile well, before getting into the van on his own.....

Again, you are not a doctor. How dare you call that a smile! You can't even tell a smile from a painful grimace!

Freddie Gray died because of a severed spine that he suffered while in police custody!

END OF STORY!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neutrality

better view of his legs, your view is another perspective

A better view or another perspective do not matter. What you stated in your earlier post were untrue and that is clearly shown in the video I posted....he is standing ON HIS OWN on the back of the van, he TURNS HIS HEAD and looks right at the camera, he then DUCKS his head down and bends over and steps into the van ON HIS OWN. There is no other perspective needed here.....

AANNND was driven around for THIRTY MINUTES, stopped once to be shackled and continued to the station. Now honestly, did that look like a person that needed to first go get booked, or first get medical attention?

Funny though, everyone is so quick to jump on the wagon that these officers killed him, when it is MORE likely they have dealt with him before and knew him.....odd there are no other cases coming up where he claimed any police brutality in his years of criminal activity in the same town.....
Making the speculation of a spinal injury that much worse for the cops, they would know about freddie's back problem, I mean since we are speculating.

Why would the cops know about his spinal injury? As far as I understand the law, hospitals are not allowed to divulge that and the story of it was leaked because of the nature of the injury to his back in relation to this case.

You've never lived the "bad life", cute. If the cops know him, they know EVERYTHING about him, trust me.

Ummm......no. They don't. They know nothing about medical records. Especially from one week prior.

Sure of that? You know first hand? cops knew my every move at 16-17 years old. And made no attempt to hide it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega

originally posted by: [post=19290643]Vasa Croe

Kind of a far cry from dealing drugs, but hey...maybe someday this will happen. Likely I won't run from police when they find me though....the "crimes" you mentioned are not exactly felonies nor considered dangerous. So far the good ole USA is treating this law abiding citizen just fine....shocking right?

I guess you would label these "white people crimes" since you are so hellbent on "thug" and whatever else being racist?

Ohg, I am sure in your mind, that white people don't sell drugs.

Sure they do, but you only gave me those three options, which were all very white of you.

You call people racist for saying thug and multiple offence criminal, which Gray was both, then tell me that I am going to be arrested for things that I have never even gotten tickets for......way to project.

Typical argument with a lot of folks here.....try to bring a non-criminal to the level of a known criminal with ridiculous comparisons.

America is filling up with laws. Someday they're sure to pass one that even you will break.

You are an interesting semanticist, at least.

Oh....I meant to add, that maybe, someday, a person with a squeeky clean background will die in a nefarious manner by the police and actually have a cause to riot....

People love martyrs, especially when they really are squeeky clean. The trouble with MSM martyrs is that the MSM portrays them as the families say they were too quickly without having the whole picture and are often caught holding the bag when the real information comes out.

If the laws aren't applied to everyone equally, what's the difference if they are squeaky clean or a drug dealer? The system is flawed and immoral at that point, and it's open season on everyone.

They are applied equally...so, if I use one of your earlier examples and I am jaywalking.....I see a cop coming towards me....I am not doing anything I think is wrong so I don't run, yet I still get a ticket. Even if I KNEW jaywalking is wrong and see the officer coming towards me, I am not going to run. That just exacerbates the issue.

Gray ran, KNOWING he was doing something wrong (again), forcing officers to chase and take him down.

LAws applied equally:

www.wsj.com...

Too bad there are no links to the actual data used for the study. It just says blacks were sentenced to more time than whites for the same crimes. Nothing about prior convictions or anything to do with the circumstances of the arrest, such as they gave up peacefully or they ran.

These "studies" are typically done specifically for bias to be shown, usually for political reasons....very similar to the pro/anti gun arguments.

Find me the link to the study and I will happily point out where they were biased.

Yeah, well, I mean, you do seem to know a lot more than anyone else. Clearly, you have the answers. Oh, and megalomania, you have that too.

Oooo...name calling.....another favorite of a non-argument. And no, I don't have all the answers. I have common sense. Why don't we just sit back and let this one play out....If I am wrong then I will come back here and say I was wrong.

Well, come on, man. The Wall Street Journal is publishing nonsense articles about black men serving longer time in jail then white men for the same crime, according to you. You already know it's biased before you see the research they based the article on, and you say so. "Show me the research, I will show you the bias".

So, you are above it all, calling out data you haven't even examined yet as being biased. But you aren't biased. So, is it megalomania or something else that fuels your selective arguments?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Kind of a far cry from dealing drugs, but hey...maybe someday this will happen. Likely I won't run from police when they find me though....the "crimes" you mentioned are not exactly felonies nor considered dangerous. So far the good ole USA is treating this law abiding citizen just fine....shocking right?

I guess you would label these "white people crimes" since you are so hellbent on "thug" and whatever else being racist?

Sure they do, but you only gave me those three options, which were all very white of you.

You call people racist for saying thug and multiple offence criminal, which Gray was both, then tell me that I am going to be arrested for things that I have never even gotten tickets for......way to project.

Typical argument with a lot of folks here.....try to bring a non-criminal to the level of a known criminal with ridiculous comparisons.

America is filling up with laws. Someday they're sure to pass one that even you will break.

Oh....I meant to add, that maybe, someday, a person with a squeeky clean background will die in a nefarious manner by the police and actually have a cause to riot....

People love martyrs, especially when they really are squeeky clean. The trouble with MSM martyrs is that the MSM portrays them as the families say they were too quickly without having the whole picture and are often caught holding the bag when the real information comes out.

If the laws aren't applied to everyone equally, what's the difference if they are squeaky clean or a drug dealer? The system is flawed and immoral at that point, and it's open season on everyone.

They are applied equally...so, if I use one of your earlier examples and I am jaywalking.....I see a cop coming towards me....I am not doing anything I think is wrong so I don't run, yet I still get a ticket. Even if I KNEW jaywalking is wrong and see the officer coming towards me, I am not going to run. That just exacerbates the issue.

Gray ran, KNOWING he was doing something wrong (again), forcing officers to chase and take him down.

LAws applied equally:

www.wsj.com...

Too bad there are no links to the actual data used for the study. It just says blacks were sentenced to more time than whites for the same crimes. Nothing about prior convictions or anything to do with the circumstances of the arrest, such as they gave up peacefully or they ran.

These "studies" are typically done specifically for bias to be shown, usually for political reasons....very similar to the pro/anti gun arguments.

Find me the link to the study and I will happily point out where they were biased.

Yeah, well, I mean, you do seem to know a lot more than anyone else. Clearly, you have the answers. Oh, and megalomania, you have that too.

Oooo...name calling.....another favorite of a non-argument. And no, I don't have all the answers. I have common sense. Why don't we just sit back and let this one play out....If I am wrong then I will come back here and say I was wrong.

Well, come on, man. The Wall Street Journal is publishing nonsense articles about black men serving longer time in jail then white men for the same crime, according to you. You already know it's biased before you see the research they based the article on, and you say so. "Show me the research, I will show you the bias".

So, you are above it all, calling out data you haven't even examined yet as being biased. But you aren't biased. So, is it megalomania or something else that fuels your selective arguments?

You are the one using a journalists writings as "proof" with no links to any of the research, so yes, I do think there is bias in it. Articles that have no citations often DO have bias as they don't want the reader to be able to claim bias. It is ignorant not to question things when there is no indication that they are as they say they are....as in no citations or links.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Occurs everybody is a possible victim, is not such thing as victimless societies, is just who is pushing the agendas.

I see both side of the coin, but I tend to be a bit biased because I am a tax payer giver and no a receiver.

Hey I am just been honest.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

A better view or another perspective do not matter. What you stated in your earlier post were untrue and that is clearly shown in the video I posted....he is standing ON HIS OWN on the back of the van, he TURNS HIS HEAD and looks right at the camera, he then DUCKS his head down and bends over and steps into the van ON HIS OWN. There is no other perspective needed here.....

AANNND was driven around for THIRTY MINUTES, stopped once to be shackled and continued to the station. Now honestly, did that look like a person that needed to first go get booked, or first get medical attention?

Funny though, everyone is so quick to jump on the wagon that these officers killed him, when it is MORE likely they have dealt with him before and knew him.....odd there are no other cases coming up where he claimed any police brutality in his years of criminal activity in the same town.....
Making the speculation of a spinal injury that much worse for the cops, they would know about freddie's back problem, I mean since we are speculating.

Why would the cops know about his spinal injury? As far as I understand the law, hospitals are not allowed to divulge that and the story of it was leaked because of the nature of the injury to his back in relation to this case.

You've never lived the "bad life", cute. If the cops know him, they know EVERYTHING about him, trust me.

Ummm......no. They don't. They know nothing about medical records. Especially from one week prior.

Sure of that? You know first hand? cops knew my every move at 16-17 years old. And made no attempt to hide it.

Oh brother....this argument is getting ridiculous at this point. No, I do not know first hand as I have not spoken to the particular officers involved in this incident.

To that same point, can you prove that officers knew your every move at 16-17, specifically what medical ailments you had?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: pilgrimOmega

Yep, blame everyone else but do not take any personal responsibility for one's own predicament. Then you have stories like this girl I saw on the news last night who didn't make excuses.

"It is one of those life moments that changes everything.
Home video shows Shamyra Woods-Elliot of Chester, Delaware County learning that she is the recipient of a Gates Millennium Scholarship, one of only 1,000 given out every year through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
"I'm a very focused and determined person and when I set a goal, I plan on achieving it," Shamyra said."
6abc.com...

I should have asked: Would you tell your son's black girlfriend "If black lives matter why are there line ups at the inner city abortion clinics?"

I should also ask, if it's about taking responsibility, when is America going to address stealing hundreds of thousands of Africans from their home and bringing them to a new land to live as slaves and property?

Ok, I will ask her perspective. I know she was appalled by what happened in Baltimore.

As far as the slaves, I guess it would be appropriate for America, as a whole, since I get a vibe you are turning this into a racial thing, to take responsibility for slavery. If you're talking about reparations, I guess both blacks and whites will have to put something in the kitty since the first slave owner in America was black, and there were thousands of black slave owners.

"First Slave owner in the US was black and more history they don't want you to know
There were thousands of black slave owners in the South."
www.liveleak.com...

Yeah, I'd really love to watch a video of you and your son's girlfriend when you tell her that the first slave owner was black. What's your implication, then? That blacks enslaved themselves willingly and white man just came along and did what they were already doing to each other, which made it ok?

Yes, please discuss this with black people and film the results, i'd love to see it.

This whole thing is racial. I'm not turning it racial.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

LAws applied equally:

www.wsj.com...

You are the one using a journalists writings as "proof" with no links to any of the research, so yes, I do think there is bias in it. Articles that have no citations often DO have bias as they don't want the reader to be able to claim bias. It is ignorant not to question things when there is no indication that they are as they say they are....as in no citations or links.

I could find you fifty and you would still have a litany of reasons why they must be excluded.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

End of story!

Here...let me point out exactly where you are incorrect:

So, being paralyzed and all, he can sure stand up, turn his head and smile well, before getting into the van on his own.....

Again, you are not a doctor. How dare you call that a smile! You can't even tell a smile from a painful grimace!

Freddie Gray died because of a severed spine that he suffered while in police custody!

END OF STORY!

Hmm..well that is a far cry from your earlier post claiming:

End of story!

Which has "End of Story" at the end and in which you are WRONG about him being paralyzed.

Simply pointing out facts here.

Let me know when you can determine he was smiling or wincing based on the same facts....I just proved he was not paralyzed as you said.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So once all the facts come out, it's apparent that the story was twisted by the media to incite rage against the police?

Say it ain't so...

Even a blind man should see the pattern.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: beezzer

Occurs everybody is a possible victim, is not such thing as victimless societies, is just who is pushing the agendas.

I see both side of the coin, but I tend to be a bit biased because I am a tax payer giver and no a receiver.

Hey I am just been honest.

Agreed.

And for all the talk, I'll wager that there are people in DC and in the White House that are happy that all of this is happening.

When we fight amongst ourselves, we can't fight them.

link   

LAws applied equally:

www.wsj.com...

I could find you fifty and you would still have a litany of reasons why they must be excluded.

Don't need fifty...just the research links to the ONE article you used.

link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Yep, Baltimore will become the next Detroit.

It isn't already?

Ya, pretty much. It's still about 2-3 years behind Detroit's decline, IMHO.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

If you're talking about reparations, I guess both blacks and whites will have to put something in the kitty since the first slave owner in America was black, and there were thousands of black slave owners.

Seems like you're well versed in the memes at least.

Anthony Johnson was never an American. He was freed from indenture sometime between 1635 and 1647. At that time, the percentage of free blacks was at the highest it would be until the Civil War. Chattel slavery really kicked off in Virginia in 1662 with the passage of a law that declared that children were born with the status of their mothers. This meant that children could be born into slavery.

As for the "thousands of black slave owners." According to the research of Carter G. Woodson (Free Negro Owners of Slaves in the United States in 1830, 1924), in 1830, 3,776 free blacks owned 12,907 slaves — out of a total of 2,009,043 slaves. 42% of these slave owners owned just 1 slave and 94% owned 1-9. Typically this involved free men buying relatives to protect them.

While I don't support paying reparations, I support mindlessly repeating deliberately misleading factoids even less. Perhaps you'd like to go on about how "Irish were treated worse" too? That's a popular myth with the slavery apologists.
edit on 2015-4-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: UnBreakable

If you're talking about reparations, I guess both blacks and whites will have to put something in the kitty since the first slave owner in America was black, and there were thousands of black slave owners.

Seems like you're well versed in the memes at least.

Anthony Johnson was never an American. He was freed from indenture sometime between 1635 and 1647. At that time, the percentage of free blacks was at the highest it would be until the Civil War. Chattel slavery really kicked off in Virginia in 1662 with the passage of a law that declared that children were born with the status of their mothers. This meant that children could be born into slavery.

As for the "thousands of black slave owners." According to the research of Carter G. Woodson (Free Negro Owners of Slaves in the United States in 1830, 1924), in 1830, 3,776 free blacks owned 12,907 slaves — out of a total of 2,009,043 slaves. 42% of these slave owners owned just 1 slave and 94% owned 1-9. Typically this involved free men buying relatives to protect them.

While I don't support paying reparations, I don't support mindlessly repeating deliberately misleading one liners either.

Actually the first part of your statement is incorrect. Johnson was the first "slave" owner in the US. He was declared a free man and was a colonist of the first 13 colonies. His indentured servant, John Casor, ran away. Johnson went to court to get him back and the court ruled him a "slave" with life servitude. As such he was the very first person ever deemed a slave, and was a slave to a the very first slave owner, Johnson, who was also a black man.

Oh...ETA...I am no slave apologist nor racist in any way. I just support facts and research for the most part.

edit on 4/29/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

They had access to your medical records? How?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Oh brother....this argument is getting ridiculous at this point. No, I do not know first hand as I have not spoken to the particular officers involved in this incident.

To that same point, can you prove that officers knew your every move at 16-17, specifically what medical ailments you had?

Well I was healthy without ailment then, and while I can't prove it, I can tell you marked cars would ALWAYS follow me in my neighborhood (few square miles) cops have a "beat" they get to know it and the troublemakers like I was almost 20 years ago. By name.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

LAws applied equally:

www.wsj.com...

Don't need fifty...just the research links to the ONE article you used.

I don't need to post ANY though, because you've already told me, see how that works? You already told me you know more. Nothing I could post would matter.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

They had access to your medical records? How?

Exactly....this I would love to know as well...if I could break that lawsuit wide open I would be a millionaire. Talk about hospitals all around the country falling.....

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join