It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Share 5-Year-Old Son’s Transgender Journey

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Hi dude. Just want to say I support everything you've posted.
I'm a grandfather, I have two well adjusted kids of my own, and now have grandchildren.
While reading your posts my mind is saying - At last, some fresh air!

. . . And I'm a grandmother.

But, I keep current on many things. Gender identity being one of them.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So then tell me this you liberal so and so's.

Would you be okay basically lying to everyone you meet in your life? Telling them things you aren't? Telling them you're someone you're not? And don't tell me "well they're doing that already, because they're not". They're just not happy with who they ((actually are)).

That catches up with you eventually and you know what it causes? That's right kiddos a depressive spiral.

This is a pretending game, let's pretend to be this because I want to be that way. Fine, but just make sure you remember it's pretend because the second you start convincing yourself of it you become a liberal, aka utterly delusional.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
A 5 I wanted to be a monkey!!!! good thing my parents did'n have the power or the therapy experts to change me into one. a reply to: infolurker

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

That's right - liberals are all satan's helpers, and conservatives are all saints.

You crack me up.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The most shocking comments are the ones trying to make this a political issue, or even a medical one. It isn't. It is a personal and private matter; one which is not always easy to reconcile, and should be respected on that basis alone.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: zbeliever
A 5 I wanted to be a monkey!!!! good thing my parents did'n have the power or the therapy experts to change me into one. a reply to: infolurker

Really and truly, this isn't the same thing at all. Kids who want to be animals don't live their whole life completely as that animal, because if they really wanted to be an animal, they wouldn't talk or use the toilet or eat food that the animal wouldn't eat. They would live life exactly as that animal would. Obviously they don't do that because they still want to do things that children do - play games, go to birthday parties, have books read to them, etc. Children who truly identify as the opposite gender live their life completely as that gender, 24/7/365 - not just sometimes when it suits them.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
OK,
A two year old verbalizes that her sexual identity is in question and the parents have a "family therapy team" for her in place at age 4?
Really? No political or social motivation here right?
This is insane. Either these parents are looking for their 15 seconds of fame or they are truly nuts and drinking the psycho-babble Kool-Aid.

And your preconceived notion trumps the family's personal experience? Lotta armchair experts chiming in here that might be a lot better off listening.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Who says I'm either. I just think Liberals are more crazy.

I'm neither myself. Don't really fit in to one ideology, take parts from all of them. But Liberals.....Whoooo.

And changing gender is very, very liberal indeed.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The parents who tragically mishandled Leelah Alcorn's transgenderism leading to her suicide were definitely not liberals. The parents who supported and accepted Jazz Jennings leading to a happy, healthy, well-adjusted transgendered girl were definitely liberals. You tell me which set of parents a child like that would rather have.

There are good and bad parents everywhere - conservative, liberal, and everything in between. No need to make this all about liberals.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

And changing gender is very, very liberal indeed.

Joneselius, this is where your brain is switching off, if you don't mind my saying so. The issue has nothing whatsoever to do with liberal or conservative, so stop thinking of it in a political way. Hm. I am trying to think what might be an appropriate analogy, but it's difficult.

Try this: You are born allergic to chocolate. Everybody around you loves it, but you are young so you don't understand about allergies yet; you only know that when you eat it, it makes you feel bad.

Does that make sense?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am sorry I just don't believe at 5 years old you truly understand yourself....possibly (this is just a thought) the child's father wanted a son after having 3 girls. The child that realizes at 5 this will give them more attention. Every time I say I want to be a boy....(like my father wants) I get all this extra attention. This is just wrong and I am a liberal....If the child was 16 or older this would be fine. a reply to: kaylaluv

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: VoidHawk
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Hi dude. Just want to say I support everything you've posted.
I'm a grandfather, I have two well adjusted kids of my own, and now have grandchildren.
While reading your posts my mind is saying - At last, some fresh air!

. . . And I'm a grandmother.

But, I keep current on many things. Gender identity being one of them.

I notice you ignored this part of my post!

Something I havent seen mentioned throughout this thread (unless I fell asleep and missed it) is the fact that children of two years old (when this all strarted?) have no real sense of self, they are an extention of the parent. So, for a two year old to be saying such things just goes to prove the idea came from the parent!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Our time would be spent more productively banging our heads against a brick wall. Does anybody ever change anybody's mind on here on anything? Or is it all for nothing? Sorry for the OT. I enjoy your intelligent posts.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

originally posted by: kaylaluv

. . . . they were 100% correct to refuse the surgery.

Explain this surgery to me.

Tell me why it's wrong to get it at an early age before Testosterone permanently changes the body physically.

EDIT: or are we talking hormone blockers?
edit on 25-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Thanks! No, most have closed minds that will never be changed. But maybe, just maybe, there might be some younger lurkers reading these posts who will at least see a different view than the one they may have been raised with.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think what is being done to a child at that age to medically and genetically interfere is wrong, evil, and personally will state for the record I don't think there is any way something like that done at that particular age is ever in a child's best interests, but constitutes abuse in my book.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Thanks! No, most have closed minds that will never be changed. But maybe, just maybe, there might be some younger lurkers reading these posts who will at least see a different view than the one they may have been raised with.

Aha, good point. I didn't consider young lurkers, or parents who might already be experiencing some of this with their own children. So maybe some good will come of it. Happy Saturday Kaylaluv.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm very happy and thankful not all us old coots (67) stay stuck in their own generation.

There's always new awareness as there becomes more acceptance.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jessme2

I agree, and so do the parents of this child - as they have done no surgery or hormone treatment at this time. All they have done is cut his hair, put some boy clothes on him and give him a boy's name. For now, he's quite happy with that.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

My mom is 72, and she just posted something on Facebook today in support of Bruce Jenner's transition. She's always been open to learning and accepting change, and she's been my mentor on equality for all.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join