It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Share 5-Year-Old Son’s Transgender Journey

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

This is a pretending game, let's pretend to be this because I want to be that way. Fine, but just make sure you remember it's pretend because the second you start convincing yourself of it you become a liberal, aka utterly delusional.

That statement doesn't seem to be rational. What would you know about delusion do you think? You think this is a liberal issue? This gives away your position and your motive

Consistence, persistence and insistence...not a pretending game. We know what we are even when we are very young. Children are not sexless - and gender is not a this or that thing

Well, not for everybody. Some people think that you need to conform and be exactly like the picture that's on the box you came in

Nature (and our natures) is not something that conforms to rules that we establish

edit on 4/25/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I have 4. At two years old, the only "sexual identity" issue they care about is if they like the "my little pony" or the "superman" shirt more or the "toy truck" over the "barbie doll".

Exactly

Why do you think they make the choices they do? Did you tell them what to like?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Annee

My mom is 72, and she just posted something on Facebook today in support of Bruce Jenner's transition. She's always been open to learning and accepting change, and she's been my mentor on equality for all.

Awesome! My mom was into Metaphysics in the 50s. She believed in "Many Paths" --- that everyone has to find their own.

I've always been thankful I didn't have to unlearn negative idiologies a parent forced on me.

Now raising 7 year old high functioning autistic grandson who acts very boy, but prefers My Little Pony to the Avengers.

YES! Absolutely letting him guide me to who he is.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Someday we'll be to the point people understand creating a human is extremely complicated ---- that you're gonna get ALL variations.

Humans are not clones. They don't have a plug-in switch that says Boy or Girl.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: prisoneronashipoffools
a reply to: gottaknow

The tragic life of David Reimer actually does show that gender is hardwired.

David Peter Reimer (August 22, 1965 – May 5, 2004) was a Canadian man born biologically male but raised female following medical advice and intervention after his penis was accidentally destroyed during a botched circumcision in infancy.[1] Psychologist John Money oversaw the case and reported the reassignment as successful and as evidence that gender identity is primarily learned. Academic sexologist Milton Diamond later reported that Reimer failed to identify as female since the age of 9 to 11,[2] and transitioned to living as a male at age 15. Well-known in medical circles for years anonymously as the "John/Joan" case, Reimer later went public with his story to help discourage similar medical practices. He later committed suicide after suffering years of severe depression, financial instability, and a troubled marriage.

en.wikipedia.org...

The doctors and the parents under recommendation from the doctor did everything they could to force a female gender on him from birth and cram it into his brain, but it never quite took. because his gender identity was wired from birth as male.

I am sure you will simply deny that just like you already said you will deny all studies and cases that contradict your opinion.

But, then why muddy up your madeup self truth with pesky things like facts, right?

just my opinion though.

I was just thinking about him and there are more like him.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

A child that age has everything to learn and it observes and tries to achieve what it needs based what we show it or steer towards. This whole realization for a two year old to know they want to be male or female for the rest of their lives is just not right. Doesn't make sense.

The psychology isn't there. Your sexual type or even knowing you have a dingdong is irrelevant at that point in your life.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I believe that the child's environment and what he's exposed too plays a huge role in what he knows and what he will pick to imitate. A lesbian couple can raise a woman that loves men. So I have read.

So, you can start to see that we are creatures of imitation. What happens to straigt men in jail? They start liking buts and adapt to what is available. Some don't crack, other will join the bandwagon.

Conditioning can be used in many ways to form how a child perceives the world or even adults.
edit on 25-4-2015 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

What do you mean doesn't 'seem' to be rational. Of course it's rational. How could it be anything other than rational.

If someone actually ((believes)) they're a boy instead of a girl THAT is irrational. Stop being silly.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes

I believe that the child's environment and what he's exposed too plays a huge role in what he knows and what he will pick to imitate. A lesbian couple can raise a woman that loves men. So I have read.

So, you can start to see that we are creatures of imitation. What happens to straigt men in jail? They start liking buts and adapt to what is available. Some don't crack, other will join the bandwagon.

Conditioning can be used in many ways to form how a child perceives the world or even adults.

I'm on my third generation of raising kids.

I've been following all aspects of gender and homosexuality subjects for about 20 years. I am straight.

You are wrong. While environment can affect someone, it does not change who they are.

As far as a man in prison, a homosexual act does not make someone homosexual.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

What do you mean doesn't 'seem' to be rational. Of course it's rational. How could it be anything other than rational.

If someone actually ((believes)) they're a boy instead of a girl THAT is irrational. Stop being silly.

If you are not educated on the subject, and only have an opinion ---- it really doesn't give your argument much cred.

Some of us have actually taken the time to learn about Transgender.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Apparently though you've taken the 'time' to learn about just about everything, eh.

I know enough to form and have an opinion. I know 2 people who are gay (one's a lifelong best friend) 3 trans-gender people and have a good relationship with all of them. Does this 'qualify' me, am I allowed to have an opinion now?

Just because you've 'looked into it' doesn't make you more qualified than anyone to talk about it. Are you trans-gender? Or do you just want to pass yourself off an an authority on the subject?

The trans gender people I know and still speak to, see it as a kind of joke actually (though not in a laughing manner) a way to stick some fingers up to society and they'll gladly tell you that themselves. They 'prefer' to be women and that massively different than thinking you are one. Actually believing you're a woman, as a man, is a psychosis. Why? Well in my under-qualified opinion, it's not REAL!
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

You know what they all have in common though? And they've shared this with me personally (just in case you think this is me talking) that they have a deep, unending sadness that turns into depression on regular intervals because, as they put it "I'm in the wrong head". What's your 'educated' opinion on what they have said to me? After 20 years looking into it?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Hogwash. I think you are making stuff up. I also know some transgenders personally, and none of them have ever said that they risked ridicule and intolerance and hatred and being outcast from their family just so they could "stick some fingers up to society". And they all said that they always (from the time they were old enough to speak) knew that they were the wrong gender from what their body was. It was WAY more than just a preference. None of them are psychotic either - they function quite well in their jobs, and relationships with friends and significant others.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Children are not sexless

I'm glad someone finally came out and said this, as anyone who has studied or raised children know.

Even Freud, all that time ago gave credence to it in his study of Psychosocial Development, of which, surely, most people have heard of.

Stage 1: Oral -- infancy. Child is sucking, putting things in the mouth.
Stage 2: Anal - 2-3 years. Learns potting training, and focuses on those areas. (This is the first social DEMAND on the child as well, which is another reason it is so important).

Stage 3: Genital, ages 3-6 Any parent knows about this. Child fondles him/herself. Masturbates. Tries to get glimpses of the genitals of other children and adults. Plays "doctor", that kind of thing. It's all very, very sexual.

Stage 4: The Latency Phase. age 6- to the onset of puberty. Sexuality appears absent. Child focuses on friends, games, studies, etc.

Stage 5: The Genital Phase, Puberty to Death. (If you have to ask, you're too young to know) : )

Here, I am only trying to reinforce the point that children are not sexless, not without sexual behaviors, and do understand "something is going on", for those who continually claim this isn't the case. Parents, you know better. Hell, any person knows better because YOU went through the same process!
edit on 4/25/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So yoiur retort is I'm making stuff up? Wow, revealing much?

You're unbelievable and now I know you're speaking out of your back end. I have had conversation with these people as I'm OCD and once thought I was sexually confused so I went to them for advice on how they felt about it all and if it was normal.

You're full of it and you have no answer to me so you call me a liar, pathetic, utterly pathetic.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Listen to what you're saying "knew they were the wrong gender" OBVIOUSLY NOT. They were born weren't they? What gender are they? Guess what, that's their gender END OF. Ffs what's wrong with some people!? Saying gender is a societal thing is ridiculous and flies in the face of ALL reason. Gender identity sure. But actual gender? No.

They can try to ALTER that gender but the fundamental truth to it is, they can't and never will. Hence, as I keep TRYING to tell you the depression that the one's I've spoken to tell me of.

Oh and in case you don't believe me, as I know you don't. Yes, I did actually have a real conversation with them. All of them. Believe what you want.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
ATS has gone down the toilet in the last few years, so much for denying ignorance. You people can't even differentiate between physical sexual identity (being of the physical vagina or penis debate) or gender identity (who one is internally)

How about instead of slinging mud all over the place (looking at a few posters & you know who you are) you cram it & realize internal gender & physical sex aren't exactly interchangeable terms? If either of mine had started insisting they were boys instead of girls, I'd have certainly taken enough of an interest & listened. Spent a few years observing & gauging whether or not it was a phase or something much more profound. How can you call yourselves parents if you can't even spot this simple distinction between a phase & something deeply entwined with their very being? Ignoring what you don't like because "oh, they're too young for it" doesn't make it go away. That ish is how kids who come to believe they're too different to love commit suicide. Spectacular examples you all are with that belief.

All I get out of the people losing their ish over this kid is that I'm fairly certain if it was their kid, they'd label them as a broken, messed up thing of a kid & end up opening up a can of worm regarding their parent/child relationship much like the ultra-religious who reject their gay kids do. If you can't handle your offspring as they are, you have bigger issues than transgender ones.
Stop projecting, it's unbecoming.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Apparently though you've taken the 'time' to learn about just about everything, eh.

I know enough to form and have an opinion. I know 2 people who are gay (one's a lifelong best friend) 3 trans-gender people and have a good relationship with all of them. Does this 'qualify' me, am I allowed to have an opinion now?

Just because you've 'looked into it' doesn't make you more qualified than anyone to talk about it. Are you trans-gender? Or do you just want to pass yourself off an an authority on the subject?

The trans gender people I know and still speak to, see it as a kind of joke actually (though not in a laughing manner) a way to stick some fingers up to society and they'll gladly tell you that themselves. They 'prefer' to be women and that massively different than thinking you are one. Actually believing you're a woman, as a man, is a psychosis. Why? Well in my under-qualified opinion, it's not REAL!

You know what they all have in common though? And they've shared this with me personally (just in case you think this is me talking) that they have a deep, unending sadness that turns into depression on regular intervals because, as they put it "I'm in the wrong head". What's your 'educated' opinion on what they have said to me? After 20 years looking into it?

I think you see and hear things the way you want to see and hear things.

Do I think just because someone claims transgender they are an expert on it? No.

Transgender is a relatively new study. Look at all Chaz Bono went through trying to figure it out.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

"I think you see and hear things the way you want to see and hear things. "

You keep accusing me of things, pack it in! I think that what you think is totally irrelevant and wrong, see how that works?

Of course it's a new study, we have an inherently selfish society now, one that's obsessed with self. It wasn't and shouldn't be as big a subject as it is. Even trans-gender people don't make a big deal out of it, just the one's who want to be noticed do.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

They can try to ALTER that gender but the fundamental truth to it is, they can't and never will. Hence, as I keep TRYING to tell you the depression that the one's I've spoken to tell me of.

Yes, sometimes there is a sadness that they can't quite be the exact person on the outside that they feel like they are on the inside, like if they are 6'2", or have naturally broad shoulders - no amount of surgery or hormone treatment will correct that. But they are much sadder when they don't do anything to help make the body match what's in their head, which is why the surgeries and hormone treatments are so important to them.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I have had conversation with these people as I'm OCD and once thought I was sexually confused so I went to them for advice on how they felt about it all and if it was normal.

Who are "these" people?

Sexually confused in what way?

I don't understand what OCD has to do with this.
edit on 25-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join