It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Share 5-Year-Old Son’s Transgender Journey

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
(post by 8675309jenny removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

It seems you are implying that a boy with a girls brain will realize she is in the "wrong body".

Now you are getting there albeit slowly.

I am contending that a boy with a girls brain doesn't exist

Um yes it does exist.

without the slow speaking condescension BS

You are the one who are doing the slow speaking consdescension and insulting our intelligence.

Children ARE what you TELL them they are.

See right here you are insulting our intelligence again. We are not disagreeing with you on that.

This is not the case right here in the OP. The girl's parents NEVER EVER told her to be a boy!!!!! The parents NEVER EVER EVER WANTED her to be a boy!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013 (and others) are acting as though they plan to surgically alter this child, when that is clearly not the case.

OK, I am clearly confused.

How can comeone be "transgender" without transforming their gender with surgery.

If transgender does not mean gender reassignment, what exactly does it mean?

If this is just some parents who are reporting how delighted they are that they have an effeminate boy, what is the story?

What is the plan? What is the change?

Where is the "trans"?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

How can comeone be "transgender" without transforming their gender with surgery.

It has nothing to do with the body or genitals. It has to do with mind and brain.

Few light readings:
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

No change. Just continue to support and make the child as happy as possible.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I am contending that a boy with a girls brain doesn't exist

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Um yes it does exist.

NO IT DOESNT. Not at 2yrs old. Sex at that age is a CONSTRUCT. That bridge is crossed much later in childhood, ad that's the appropriate time to address the issue if still present.

The parents of this kid have created a monster by allowing her to dictate things to them. It's pretty obvious actually that the parents are giant pushovers just from the quoted language she used in the article. She's very strong worded and petulant.

You are the one who are doing the slow speaking consdescension and insulting our intelligence.

Sorry bud, but I quoted your condescending 'slow talk' before you had the chance to ninja edit it, so you're busted.
edit on 25-4-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Quite frankly I think people who are 'gender confused' just need a good talking to.

If you're born a boy, deal with it, same for girls. Or just wait till later in life and be gay.... Or not.

Liberalism is literally off the charts insane at this point in time and it absolutely terrifies me thinking about our future around these new kids that are being just thrown into this absolutely nutso society. It's like something from the hunger games, only we're the people everyone's laughing at.

Now I know, someone who ISN'T gender confused is going to come at me all righteous like with the old "ugh, it's their life and how do you know how they feel". Well I wanted to be a tiger until I was like 11. Why couldn't my parents just buy me a tail and sew two more legs onto me? It's just not fair. Extreme as this example is, it's just the same as a boy wanting to be a girl, the frustration and confusion, as well as the hatred DOES NOT come from OTHER PEOPLE not accepting them, it's from themselves.

They would know in their head that they're NOT of that gender, nothing about them would be the same. Their hormones, chemistry, bodies and GENDER are all different, that's where the frustration comes from. They so badly WANT to be that thing but they can't. This leads to depression and all kinds of problems. Why, instead of telling people it's okay to 'PRETEND' to switch genders, because, let's be honest that's what this is, just council them and give them the support they need to be happy with what they have. It's absolutely ridiculous, this whole thing is. It's so unbelievably insane.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

NO IT DOESNT. Not at 2yrs old. Sex at that age is a CONSTRUCT. That bridge is crossed much later in childhood, ad that's the appropriate time to address the issue if still present.

I somewhat agree with you.

However I contend that Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity are two very different things. IMO it's perfectly possible to know your gender identity from a very young age and then find your sexual orientation later in life.

I think this is a bit young for these parents to be starting this process. I applaud them wanting to support their child, but there's no need to involve anybody else until the kid is of proper age to understand the concepts and consequences of those processes.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

a reply to: greencmp

It has nothing to do with the body or genitals. It has to do with mind and brain.

Few light readings:
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

No change. Just continue to support and make the child as happy as possible.

So, basically, there is no story.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Never mind. I'll just let you guys figure it out.

In a nutshell the parents in the article are trying their best to do what is the best for their child.

End of story.
edit on 4/25/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I agree, this insane and out right ridiculous and I can only fear that parents are the ones influencing the child's behavior.

This is a 5 year old child for god sake, his social interaction is just starting, what this child knows about sexuality and gender sharing

Just what the parents has told him or share.

Incredible.

I can not wait the next 12 month old to become the center of transgender attention because the parents feel that the toddler is different

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Here's a good reading before I go:

www.wyff4.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Quite frankly I think people who are 'gender confused' just need a good talking to.

If you're born a boy, deal with it, same for girls. Or just wait till later in life and be gay.... Or not.

Exactly.

If my little boy one day starts throwing a fit and saying he's a girl and demanding his name be changed "because he hates that stupid name" I'm going to tell him too damn bad, that's the name your mom and I gave you, if you want it legally changed when youre 18, go for it, until then deal with it"

I cant stop him from playing with girl toys if he insists, and I'm not going to tie him down to give him a boys haircut if he's kicking and screaming demanding long hair, but if we are good parents and show discipline it shouldn't ever get to that point.

I think these parents lacked assertiveness early on and the little girl realized she could get anything she wanted if she just throws a fit. It's very evident in her language and demeanor. She will continue to be petulant because the parents show no signs of ever telling her "NO".

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

That is interesting read, this cases happen very often is just that for privacy reasons they do not reach the media and parents follow the recommendations of the physicians to assign gender base on DNA and chromosomes dominance, more often than not one of the sex is of no use while the other is fully functional and reproduction is no a problem later in life.

But when it comes to a true hermaphrodite they are rare, this means only 11 cases been found that have no fertility issues, most of them are infertile even when they have tissues of both sex.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

She will continue to be petulant because the parents show no signs of ever telling her "NO".

They never wanted her to be a boy.

Why are you worrying about this so much? How is this affecting you? If it is just a phase then it will pass just like any other phases with children.

As I have stated if this is a bona fide child abuse then have them be punished!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Okay, well why don't you compare the story of Leelah Alcorn:

At age 14, she came out as trans to her parents, Carla and Doug Alcorn, who refused to accept her female gender identity. When she was 16, they denied her request to undergo transition treatment, instead sending her to Christian conversion therapy with the intention of convincing her to reject her gender identity and accept her gender as assigned at birth.

en.wikipedia.org...

... to the story of Jazz Jennings:

Jazz is also noteworthy because her family fully supports her, which is rare but becoming more common as LGBTQ acceptance increases.

en.wikipedia.org...

Jazz seems to be doing quite well, emotionally, spiritually and physically. Leelah is .... dead by suicide. Which one had parents who accepted their child's natural feelings, and which one had parents who refused to accept and tried to "counsel" them out of their natural feelings?
edit on 25-4-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

As a mother of two boy and girl I had my fair share of my daughter and boy taking roles in gender, nothing to be alarmed by, as soon they entered school the behavior changed and no more gender roles sharing, I always feel that time will tell, we should always be neutral.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

At age 14, she came out as trans to her parents, Carla and Doug Alcorn, who refused to accept her female gender identity. When she was 16, they denied her request to undergo transition treatment, instead sending her to Christian conversion therapy with the intention of convincing her to reject her gender identity and accept her gender as assigned at birth.

The parents were wrong to refuse acceptance at that age, but they were 100% correct to refuse the surgery. They were wrong again to send her to the Christian conversion thing.

I think the right thing to do was simply love her/him, but tell them when they are 18 they can proceed with the decision about surgery. I would even go as far as to help them acquire funding, but if insurance wasn't paying for any of it, I wouldn't be able to cover it myself most likely.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Thank you. Something we can agree on. Talk to you later.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
The parents are the ones to blame here because they are so open-minded that they couldn't even bring themselves to provide real tangible FACTS in the face of their young childs random (normal) capricious imagination. So open-minded their brains fell out!! But that's about par for the course with radical progressives....

Ah yes, radical progressives like Native Americans:

The presence of male-bodied two-spirits "was a fundamental institution among most tribal peoples" and, according to Will Roscoe, both male- and female-bodied two-spirits have been documented "in over 130 North America tribes, in every region of the continent."

And other non-Western cultures:

While some western scholars have sought to understand the term third gender in terms of sexual orientation, several other scholars, especially the native non-western scholars, consider this as a misrepresentation of third genders. To different cultures or individuals, a third gender may represent an intermediate state between man and woman, a state of being both (such as "the spirit of a man in the body of a woman"), the state of being neither (neuter), the ability to cross or swap genders, or another category altogether independent of men and women.

One of the big hangups in the West is because of how much Christianity shapes it, which begins with the assertion that there is Man and there is Woman. On the other hand, Islam actually talks about it from what I understand:

Verses 42:49-42:50 translated: "To God belongs the dominion over the heavens and the earth. It creates what it wills. It prepares for whom it wills females, and it prepares for whom it wills males. Or it marries together the males and the females, and it makes those whom it wills to be ineffectual [barren]”

However, Islam has its own hangups - it sees homosexual relations as sin:

There is a consensus among Islamic scholars that all humans are naturally heterosexual. Homosexuality is seen by scholars to be a sinful and perverted deviation from the norm. All Islamic schools of thought and jurisprudence consider gay acts to be unlawful.

Which leads to this situation - The gay people pushed to change their gender:

Iran is one of a handful of countries where homosexual acts are punishable by death. Clerics do, however accept the idea that a person may be trapped in a body of the wrong sex. So homosexuals can be pushed into having gender reassignment surgery - and to avoid it many flee the country.
If police officers asked for her ID and noticed she was a girl, she says, they would reproach her: "Why are you like this? Go and change your gender."
"I got to know myself better... I accepted that I was a lesbian and I was happy with that."

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hi dude. Just want to say I support everything you've posted.
I'm a grandfather, I have two well adjusted kids of my own, and now have grandchildren.
While reading your posts my mind is saying - At last, some fresh air!

Something I havent seen mentioned throughout this thread (unless I fell asleep and missed it) is the fact that children of two years old (when this all strarted?) have no real sense of self, they are an extention of the parent. So, for a two year old to be saying such things just goes to prove the idea came from the parent!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join