It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado businessman blames 'stoned' workers for move to SC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Do you fight to make alcohol illegal?

Do you drink?

I am guessing you will lie and say "no, never!"

Calling people "dopers" for doing mj is pretty dense. Reefer Madness level.

Nice agenda pal.

MJ laws have destroyed many of lives in the name of profits, get a grip.

Since ats doesn't have a negative stars rating, I will give you this for being anti-freedom and spreading propaganda:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Not saying they would go out of business, just that we would have probably heard about the increased rate of turnover due to the legalization of marijuana.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

But that's a good thing, It helped you to pick out the people that make poor decisions and hopefully you got rid of them.

The other 29 could have been snorting coke and drinking all night but if they have enough intelligence and respect to show up in full capacity then you're good to go.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I wonder if this guy picked up and moved based on his beliefs(against pot legalization) and is now taking the opportunity to blame it in a sad attempt at vilifying it.

Other than that, I don't know, News flash: Artists smoke pot.

I would postulate that CO is a forced union state SC is not it is a right to work state. Fallow the money.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock
Believe it or not, some of those young men got promoted.

They already knew how to push to the limit. They just needed a guiding hand to show them which limits to push and when.

Overall though, you are correct, and that is why I agree that the base premise (moving because of this) is BS. People outting their own flaws saves me tons of time, and money.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Took me a second but I think I get it

That is the after work correct?

link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

The man did also receive financial compensation for moving his business to the new state.

link   

Here ya go OP! This was what I was talking about in my first post before you came back referring to me as a "blunt smoker"!

The National Labor Relations Board has said that Boeing's decision to build a new Dreamliner plant in the Palmetto State is tantamount to union busting. And in a lawsuit filed in April, the NLRB sent a strong message to big business that the labor agency might be upping its game when it comes to pro-labor positions. Under President Barack Obama, Democrats now control the five-member board, and the suit shows a shift from its more pro-business orientation under George W. Bush.

Bo eing's decision to move to South Carolina has turned into a legal nightmare

ENJOY!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I am not against smoking, but you just DO NOT go to work high OR drunk. You just don't do it!

If I were an employer and my employees were hurting my business by coming to work high, I'd fire them too. Again,,, I'm not against smoking, just not on my time and my dollar.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Those are probably all blunt smokers that need AA before they all end up on skid row, we should dismiss this!!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
You are comparing apples to oranges, this man's business was hand eye coordination manipulating materials while expressing artistic ability and he had to fire 20 out of 25 artists. Far different than being zoned out typing on a keyboard.

Typing on a keyboard requires hand eye coordination if you have any decent typing speed. The act of coding itself is also quite similar to art, and it takes a special type of skill to plan software before you go about building it.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes, I agree with what you said about wanting to see the dinosaurs in question.I took a quick look on the net to try and fish out some pictures. Didn't find anything at a glance.Without the pictures of the sculpture's work It is up to interpretation.

To give Mr. Brawner the benefit of the doubt, his employees should have been more discrete or better yet sober.Most smokers I know are responsible that way, and if they aren't they usually have bigger fish to fry.I have wondered how things are playing out in Colorado, and to be fair this is a transitional period still.I see lots of spin, around this topic.

www.foxnews.com...
But Brawner told FoxNews.com Friday his comments got “twisted out of proportion,” although he did not deny relocating to the Myrtle Beach area, where smoking pot is still illegal.

“They had an agenda. They got what they wanted and not what they heard,” he said.

I have my doubts the sculpture's work fell off, I doubt they were worried about their opportunities in the first place.(They probably had a better idea of the factors involved, seeing as they worked there)Time will tell, how well moving his business pans out...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I live in Colorado and can tell you the only thing that has changed is people no longer hide that they're high. I worked at a dealership for a while and quite a few people would smoke pot at work... one would even drink on the job. How does that make you feel? Stoned and drunk salesmen. This was before it was fully legal and I knew people that did the same things before legalization was even on the board.

I personally would never do it. However I highly doubt these sculptors all of the sudden started smoking pot because it was legal. They probably just stopped hiding the fact that they smoke.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

It would also be interesting if it was just drug test that made him know or if he really could visibly see it.

I don't see them just coming in blitzed out of their mind all of the sudden, and I will never say it inhibits or hinders creative ability. Not to say that you can do no wrong creativity wise while partaking , just that if you already have it MJ won't take it away all of the sudden.

And the cherry on top is he is moving to a state where he will likely be met with the same issue as they are begging their process of relaxing their laws.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

People who smoke pot hold down many jobs for lawyers to doctors....yes don't smoke it on the job to imply smoking pot will make you end up on skid row isn't on.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Do you even know what it does to your brain?.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
wait so he's saying that the THC interfered with the artists creativity? This business owner is a abject moron.

He states as fact, 20 out of 25 artists were ejected for their lack of skill while stoned. He had an established company with a set of standards so he could compare the before and after results of when everybody thought it was ok to go work stoned because Colorado passed a law.

He had the option to drug test workers prior to and after hiring them. Just because pot is legal in CO, doesn't mean an employer can't test for it. Just because pot is legal in CO, doesn't mean that people suddenly think it's ok to go to work high. I'd bet everything I own that those same people were smoking just as much weed before it was legalized.

The issue is, he's going to be VERY hard-pressed to find artists that don't smoke pot. Marijuana inspires creativity and enhances people's artistic skills.

The moral of the story is that the guy's a dumbass or has an agenda (or both) if he thinks legal MJ is his problem.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Do you even know what it does to your brain?.

No, he doesn't. He has proved that in many threads on ATS.

He has an anti-pot agenda that's inspired by ignorance.
edit on 4/24/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: asmall89
I live in Colorado and can tell you the only thing that has changed is people no longer hide that they're high. I worked at a dealership for a while and quite a few people would smoke pot at work... one would even drink on the job. How does that make you feel? Stoned and drunk salesmen. This was before it was fully legal and I knew people that did the same things before legalization was even on the board.

I personally would never do it. However I highly doubt these sculptors all of the sudden started smoking pot because it was legal. They probably just stopped hiding the fact that they smoke.

People who work in car dealerships are notorious for drug and alcohol use. They almost have to be on something to tolerate the lifestyle.

I was a car salesman for 3 years and a finance manager for 2... most of the managers in a car dealership do blow or take various pills to keep up with the pace. It's nearly impossible to maintain high energy levels for 12 hours a day without chemical assistance.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Is that not a cornerstone of freedom?

The freedom to make dumb choices? The freedom to sack people for those dumb choices.

And the freedom to move your buisness?

Absolutely.
The dopers made dumb decisions to jeopardize their source of income by being under the influence while working.
The owner finally had enough having to fire so many artists and freely chose to move. He must have stayed and gave it a chance because it doesn't state he fired them all at once but made it sound like over a period of time. This was a setback to his business over time.

When MJ is legalized in SC, where will he move then?

People like you are eventually just going to have to realize that you lost the war and legal marijuana is here to stay.

You might want to educate yourself now instead of clinging to your ignorant beliefs about pot while you're gradually surrounded by it.

You're honestly like a guy in the 60's still clinging to the principles of segregation as the rest of the country matures and moves on. You're a dying breed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join