It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado businessman blames 'stoned' workers for move to SC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well having been around artist and musicians for years in the past I can say yes the quality of their work isn't as good when they are high, my sons a musician, I could always tell when they started smoking it sounded like crap.

They would come up from the basement and brag about-how great it sounded, I would say yes it sound great until you started drinking and getting high, and it did.

My X was a fairly well know artist in Colorado, same thing, and his son too.
edit on 053030p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 053030p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Well having been around artist and musicians for years in the past I can say yes the quality of their work isn't as good when they are high, my sons a musician, I could always tell when they started smoking it sounded like crap.

They would come up from the basement and brag about-how great it sounded, I would say yes it sound great until you started drinking and getting high, and it did.

My X was a fairly well know artist in Colorado, same thing, and his son too.

That's an interesting thing to say about musicians since the greatest musical artists of our time have all performed their best work while blitzed out of their freaking gourd on weed, speed, coke, pills, alcohol, or all of the above.

Maybe your son and his band weren't very good to begin with.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I have watched drugs and alcohol destroy to many lives.

Two nephews, brothers, dead from it, one in auto accident at age 18, another died a couple years ago he drank himself to death, he was in his forties, he was pouring beer down his feeding tube.

My youngest son quit because he got in trouble, turned his life around, graduated from college and got a great job, before he was floundering.

My cousin was killed in an automobile accident by a driver that was drunk and high.

Do I want them in jail, no, but I don't think a society full of drug abuse is a positive thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Then there's my brother, he drank unto his late fifties, watched him die of lung cancer, it's a horrific death.

A dear friend died in his forties too from drug and alcohol abuse, I remember going with his wife to the hospital and my heart was so broken I couldn't stand.

My oldest son is 46 he has been a drug abuser and alcoholic all his life, he was an amazing artist, had scholarships, threw it all away for the party life.

Now he is unemployed, he has brain damage from being beat in the head with a baseball bat after leaving a bar late one night, he had three skull fractures and a blood clot, couldn't speak was paralyzed on one side, but recovered, I did a lot of praying.

My daughter had a wonderful life, married with a child, threw it all away for crack, I fought to get her back, it was hell, I would follow her and drive by her house late at night to check on her, the last time, I told my husband lets go check on her something is wrong, she owed this dealer money and he had held her captive in her car for hours, she finally got away, and was hiding in the dark in the house with her baby, and this dealer and his friends were waiting outside, my husband told them to get lost, my husband has a way about him, he is very intimidating, we moved her out that night, that was the end of that .'She went to church with me and they prayed for here and she stopped and got her life back on track.

I live in the inner city, this is common, this is life.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have to add, in the basement apartment of the house my daughter was living was another young women, all her furniture was gone and she was turning tricks for drugs, my daughter told me her mom would come check on her ever day,

The dealers took everything she had.

I used to cry about the girl, and her mother, I never met her, and don't know what ever happened to her.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Was it just weed when you refer to drugs? or other stuff?.
Because weed is a lot safer than booze.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Something tells me it may have more to do with this...

Successful businesses require growth. South Carolina offers an array of grants and incentives to help businesses that invest in South Carolina.

The Palmetto State is proud to offer the following statutory incentives:

No state property tax
No local income tax
No inventory tax
No sales tax on manufacturing machinery, industrial power or materials for finished products
No wholesale tax
No unitary tax on worldwide profits
Favorable corporate income tax structure

sccommerce.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

and I have watched quite a few documentaries about the regrets musicians have because the were so hooked on drugs and all the great musicians that had so much more to give that died young.

Believe it our not you can be every bit as creative with out a crutch.

I run in a circle of artist, the majority are not high.

Personally I don't know any that are.

I am a bead artist, I make wearable art.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Was it just weed when you refer to drugs? or other stuff?.
Because weed is a lot safer than booze.

Weed was always involved,

and I'm an old hippie so I'm aware of the culture, I prayed and prayed to overcome it myself, that's been many years now since I am 65 now.

sigh I think I'm done to many memories, and that's just the tip of the iceberg, look at me, I'm an idiot.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
How could you not be high while making dinosaur sculptures?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Meh I think he should show examples if he want to say it was a fact that the skill went down.

He can have his rules or standards and enforce them, but to say their personal skill was down would be up to more then just him.

ETA: As I said before, I know he doesn't have to show the work, but just saying that it could be up for interpretation rather their skill decreased outside of just his word.

Wow, you just cannot fathom that being under the influence of pot can have detrimental effects. You swallowed all of the Kool-Aid in one big gulp. The first step in recovery is realizing you have a problem, there needs to be a serious AA type program in the legalized States so all you dopers don't end up on skid row.

Thinks AA works.
Says "dopers".
How many grandchildren you have?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I love all the attacks, clinging on to your addiction, then turning on a member who tells life's experiences. Nothing good comes from the doper scene. Ya you get laid and think if you didn't smoke it wouldn't happen...your losses not mine.

Pot and business don't mix. It also don't mix with a lot of other things but that is not the topic.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I love all the attacks, clinging on to your addiction, then turning on a member who tells life's experiences. Nothing good comes from the doper scene. Ya you get laid and think if you didn't smoke it wouldn't happen...your losses not mine.

Pot and business don't mix. It also don't mix with a lot of other things but that is not the topic.

I love all the ignorance, refusal to listen to people's life experiences, ignoring valid data, and clinging to any anecdotal evidence that agrees with your view. Oh, and the attacks against "dopers."

You're just upset because you're on the losing team...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Pot and business don't mix.

Bill Gates, George Soros, Rush Limbaugh, Ted Turner, Seth MacFarlane, Andrew Sullivan, Hugh Hefner, and Steve Jobs would probably disagree, but what would they know.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Apparently Pot and business mix just fine. Colorado is experiencing a boom due to the MJ legalization.
Colorado tourism has skyrocketed.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

fortune.com...

www.bizjournals.com...

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!
edit on 24-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Quoted because it bears repeating.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You have repeatedly attacked those that didn't agree with you. It is the same in every mj discussion. You said I refuse to see the negatives yet you refuse to do the opposite.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Maybe they were radio controlled flying Pteradactyls rather than Disney dream models?
The South Carolina tax incentive angle does make sense though.

edit on 24-4-2015 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Pot and business don't mix.

Bill Gates, George Soros, Rush Limbaugh, Ted Turner, Seth MacFarlane, Andrew Sullivan, Hugh Hefner, and Steve Jobs would probably disagree, but what would they know.

Those are all some of the worst demonized personalities of ATS of all time. Way to make my point.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Apparently Pot and business mix just fine. Colorado is experiencing a boom due to the MJ legalization.
Colorado tourism has skyrocketed.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

fortune.com...

www.bizjournals.com...

Lol tourism is not businesses, it is potheads coming to get their fix.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join