It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado businessman blames 'stoned' workers for move to SC

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
a reply to: Answer

So why are teenagers buy it off "responsible" adults?

Since when are drug dealers "responsible adults"? If you are breaking the law to make a living, responsible shouldn't be an adjective you use to describe yourself.

Sure, you can make the argument all you want comparing side effects of other things, the truth is marijuana has side effects.

It causes brain damage in teenagers, it is addictive and it causes cancer, which has been proven time and time again.

It has not been proven that Marijuana causes cancer and even the study linking marijuana to brain damage is being questioned.
Study: Habitual Marijuana Smoking Not Associated With Increased Risk Of Lung Cancer
Marijuana Does Not Kill Brain Cells? New 2015 Study Disproves 2014 Claims

If there was nothing harmful about marijuana, then why do people have to be advised?

Because fearmongers try to blow trivial things out of proportion to the point that they have to be addressed.

Does marijuana have side effects or not?

Everything has side effects. A cheeseburger has side effects. That is such a dumb question to ask.

Don't argue the comparison to other products, you are arguing the merits of marijuana. So it would only be fair to address the harmful side effect.

So does it or not have side effects that are negative, yes or no?

No YOU are wrong by not allowing a comparison. To look at a substance in a vacuum allows people to think the negatives are worse than they really are. You have to compare the side effects to other substances' side effects to see how detrimental they really are.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is a good illustration of why ending prohibition is such an uphill struggle.

You have idiots like this buffoon whining that he can't get staff that don't come in stoned, so instead of simply hiring people that don't use Cannabis he makes a big song and dance about storming off in an infantile sulk to another state where his dilusions tell him he will find a better class of dinosaur sculptor.

What a pile of contrived anti Cannabis agenda driven twaddle doing flips and twists to make itself seem like some kind of a news story. Utter, utter nonsense of the highest order. I find this kind of thing highly offensive. Repeatedly throwing words like 'stoner' and 'marijuana' around with all the negative connotations the ignorant always associate those words with. The plant is Cannabis. That is it's proper botanical name. It is not the stupid derrogatory slang word that everyone seems to insist on continuing to call it.

Then you have folk like this guy, the OP. Judgemental, uninformed, condescending condemnation of something they obviously don't know the first thing about. They then feel the need to take this crusading extremely negative standpoint against a large section of the population over it using asinine logic and pigheaded circulatory arguments.

This is exactly the kind of moronic mentality that eminates from those in the corridors of power who constantly seek to block, hinder or reverse legalisation. Even to the point of unnecessary suffering of the terminally ill.

People like that, are the problem. Folk like these two half-wits and tyranical political jerks like Christie the Hutt. If they are not prepared to live in the real world they should stay the # out of it's business.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

So why are teenagers buy it off "responsible" adults?

The same way teenagers get alcohol from "responsible" adults. Irresponsible assholes are always available if kids have money.

Sure, you can make the argument all you want comparing side effects of other things, the truth is marijuana has side effects.

I never said it had zero side effects... just that the "side effects" are grossly exaggerated and harmless when compared to everyday household items.

It causes brain damage in teenagers

That's a sensationalized way to put it. There are a couple of studies that have linked LONG-TERM, CONSTANT use to some short-term memory loss... It's not like the kids smoked themselves retarded. The study claims that kids who've been smoking pot for several years have slight mental disadvantages compared to kids who didn't. The study is questionable since it was not indicated if the effects could have been due to THC still lingering in their system.

it is addictive

Not physically. It can cause psychological dependency but people who are prone to that sort of thing are always addicted to something: TV, internet, video games, etc.

and it causes cancer

No, Cannabis does not cause cancer. Inhaling the smoke of a burned substance can cause cancer. If you inhale enough campfire smoke, it can cause cancer. There are countless ways to use cannabis that don't involve burning the plant.

which has been proven time and time again.

Not really. There are a few studies which are repeated over and over by the anti-MJ groups. Most recent research is disproving those studies or at least making people have serious second-thoughts about trusting the outdated research.

If there was nothing harmful about marijuana, then why do people have to be advised?

The same reason a gallon of milk comes with warnings. If people are unfamiliar with edibles, they can ingest too much THC and it will cause them to have an unpleasant experience. While it's not physically harmful, they will think something's seriously wrong and probably go to the hospital. It's been happening a couple times a week with tourists in Colorado who are inexperienced with cannabis.

Does marijuana have side effects or not?

A few mild, non threatening side effects? Sure. Drinking a glass of water can have side effects.

Don't argue the comparison to other products, you are arguing the merits of marijuana. So it would only be fair to address the harmful side effect.

So does it or not have side effects that are negative, yes or no?

As Krazyshot said, you're just trying to make cannabis look bad by only looking at the negatives. That's not how a rational person determines the merits of a particular substance.

Marijuana has a plethora of medical benefits, has no major side effects, has no PROVEN minor side effects, is not life-threatening, has not been proven to be addictive and most studies have found it to be non-addictive, it's easy to produce, it's available in many forms so people can choose their desired effect, and it has no adverse effects on the community.

You would benefit greatly from watching a few documentaries about marijuana. You need to have your eyes opened to the reality instead of listening to the anti-cannabis propaganda. You're going to be surrounded by legal marijuana soon enough, you might as well educate yourself now. You'd be amazed at the stories of people with epilepsy who've been helped greatly by cannabidiol. The fact that some people's ignorance is keeping little kids from getting help is disgusting.

edit on 4/27/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Addictions are also caused by psychological reasons.

I have seen a few documentaries about marijuana use and I've seen people on it.

I am not following anti-Cannibis propagandists, I am basing this on what I have seen. And I used "" for responsible adults, because they are irresponsible.

And not looking at the negative effects have merely bolstered young people into thinking that it is safe and harmless. Everyone knows drinking and smoking are, but to not address the problems that come along with marijuana, that's not intellectually honest.

I have Multiple Sclerosis and I know that if I wish, I could get a prescription for it, but it isn't effective for MS and actually does more damage.

MS Society and Marijuana use

n a study (e-published ahead of print April 30, 2014 in Neurology) to learn more about the impact of smoking cannabis on cognition in people with MS, researchers looked at the association between cognitive deficits and brain activity in 20 people who regularly smoked cannabis (but had not done so for at least 12 hours) and 19 non-cannabis users. The participants underwent functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) while performing a memory test, which allowed the researchers to compare brain activity in the two groups. Participants were also given other tests of memory, information processing speed and attention. The results showed that people with MS who smoked cannabis performed less well on some of the cognitive tests and these findings were validated by fMRI results indicating abnormal patterns of brain activity during the performance of a memory task.

This was published in Neurology magazine.

The study confirmed for the first time that cannabis can worsen cognitive problems in MS.

Why am I going to approve of a recreational drug that has no benefit whatsoever and from what I have seen from people while on it, they get stupider?

But I'm the person that you guys used for your argument for medical marijuana. I didn't ask that my condition be used for political reasons, but then you expect me to agree to something that is harmful, because it should be legal for medical reasons? And yet it doesn't help?

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join