It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado businessman blames 'stoned' workers for move to SC

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Going by what you posted you logically feel the same way about alcohol right?

BTW what does alcohol treat besides a hangover?

That is not the subject of this thread but let's extrapolate.
If you show up drunk for work regularly you will be summarily fired no matter how artistic you were when they hired you. Why is pot different?

It is very related to the thread and you are the one who took it in that direction you can complain about it, but it is still relevant. It seems you didn't have the courage to answer the question honestly and have built a strawman.

It is a strawman because people can still be fired for showing up to work high regardless of what the substance is so it is no different from alcohol.

The employer has the freedom to employ who they wish and can dismiss them for breaking the rules.

You ask why is pot different well it isn't except you seem to wish to take the right from people to choose what they ingest. Your Bush buddies in your avatar would probably agree with you.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Srrta22

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If you show up drunk for work regularly you will be summarily fired no matter how artistic you were when they hired you. Why is pot different?

Granted, but let me ask you a question, is nicotine not a drug?

But most places permit the use of cigarette breaks, right? Do you agree that they also should be banned during working hours?

Only if you can show it impairs their ability to do the job they were hired to perform. Show a cig smoker makes an inferior product and the Capitalist system will no longer have a place for them.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
There could be many reasons, for his move but keep in mind that Myrtle Beach SC is a huge sanctuary city for illegals. All those hotels and motels along the beach areas have a migrant workforce....

One wonders if his move could be motivated more by paying less, for his workers, then caring if a few got high?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: paralemptor

He is moving away from those slow mellow pot users to a place known for me-th and krak users. The workers may be cheaper and faster but he better have some good locks.

They would have to bribe me to move there as well.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Newaflash: most sculptors are smoking pot and not just in Colorado lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Newaflash: most sculptors are smoking pot and not just in Colorado lol.

Do you have data to back that claim up or are you just guessing all people who sculpt stuff puff the whacky tobacy?
edit on 25-4-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I know 20 of them that do.

Guess we can compare that to the 5 that didn't.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

It's not. Now look at the damage caused by the actual users outside of the workplace. Alcohol is far more dangerous than pot, and it's by something like a factor of 100 if not more. More DUI's, liver failure, fights, poor judgment.

Alcohol is a horrible drug to give out to everyone who wants it. Why shouldn't pot be just as available?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I know 20 of them that do.

Guess we can compare that to the 5 that didn't.

Are they the same 20 that got fired?
Your funny answer says the 20 losers who performed less than adequate work are better workers than the 5 who measured up to the universal standards they all had to face?

What kind of detrimental system would you call that?

I want to run out and start a business and only hire substandard employees, anyone who can meet industry standards quarter after quarter need not apply. I like to flush money down the toilet and say stupid things in public to get sued too. Man am I gonna be rich, thanks for the guidance. You are my hero.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Morgan Freeman smokes weed all your arguments are invalid.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Morgan Freeman smokes weed all your arguments are invalid.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Only if he shows us his perfectly sculpted dinosaurs.

his affro days, he calls up family guy voice in the future........now there is a conspiracy

edit on 25-4-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I find it kinda funny how many people here are outright rejecting the idea that cannabis can affect quality of art.

My wife (an AMAZING artist) just backed me up on this, she says when you are impaired your art suffers greatly and when you see it sober you'll be disappointed. Oh and guess what, she doesn't so bull# Jackson Pollock or Warhol garbage art. She is mostly a painter who does FINE art, but is damn good with a pencil or sculpting also.

I have no problem with legalization, but it's a freakin fact as I have observed with many friends and even some family that cannabis lowers motivation levels, not every person maybe, but in general it will lower your standards, especially when working on the clock as opposed to doing something for yourself. When doing detailed work, you simply have to have all of your capacities about you.

I know lots of people who smoke and are fantastic craftsmen, but they do less quality work when they are high.

Hell if I would want my employees on any drugs it would be coc aine LOL.

No exaggeration actually, I used to have a guy working for me (outside contract work) and he had a bit of a coke problem. I have no idea how much he did, but he wasn't rich (maybe thats why, haha). However, often this guy would build 2x what any of the other guys could do in a day and he would call me, all amped up asking me to pick up the parts and pay him.

edit on 25-4-2015 by 8675309jenny because: added wifes views

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hm, I guess someone else might have added this already, but it seems there's a different story going on here and the guy has actually just made an attempt at political propaganda rather than tell the truth -

“My wife told me,” he recalled a conversation they had after a day on a Grand Strand beach, “this is the way I want to live.”

Brawner, his wife Laurie and his team were first introduced to the area through a months-long job on a haunted house in Wilmington, N.C. There wasn’t that much to do in the North Carolina port city, he said, so they found themselves spending leisure time in Horry County, where the Strand worked its magic. “We fell in love with the place,” he said.

The North Myrtle Beach chamber has made the attraction of new, year-round employers one of three prongs to build the city and used some of an incentive fund it created to snag Little Spider.

Source

So, they were having problems with a city employee, they went looking for somewhere to move to and fell in love with the place, then they had a financial incentive to move there too. All instead of simply rectifying their employee contract to ensure employees knew the rules over pot smoking and coming to work...

Sounds to me like he had a whole lot of motivation to move the company, and then took the opportunity to go on a politically motivated propaganda campaign against something "liberal" he didn't like.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
THIS man is COMPLETELY full of an OVERLOAD of EXCREMENT.
I can scupt that EASILY if given a chance to dos FAR better when I'm ripped than not.
Let than FOOL leave.
His whine is because of INSURACE alone.
edit on 25-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I can EASILY prove you wrong as it FOCUSES my talents when nominally my mind is constantly racing.krithargus.deviantart.com...
edit on 25-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This thread is a wonderful example of the dying gasps of a mentality on the way out. Look at how hateful the OP is to anybody with a differing POV. Sad old timer can't handle the changing times. Life is for the living.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

I work alone and Ive been on thousands of roofs, HELLO, NO ISSUES, is that what your talking about ?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: paralemptor

I live 1 beach south of Myrtle, myrtle beach is also a haven for red necks, scumbags and drugs, I hope he moves right in the middle of it. Not to mention, the inland towns are worse, he will regret moving here except for the weather, the food sucks unless you like chain restaurants which it sounds like he does, there are some nice places to live here, some of the beaches other than myrtle are pretty and out in the country, don't tell him that.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm only made it through one page of comments so far so forgive me if someone else brought up this point but..

Michael Phelps.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I can EASILY prove you wrong as it FOCUSES my talents when nominally my mind is constantly racing.krithargus.deviantart.com...

It's not proving anything because I have guys doing contract work now who will smoke right in front of me (I really dont give a toss) and they do excellent work.

Some of my buds in HS who had real musical talent turned into total couch potatoes after discovering weed. One blew up to like 350lbs in 2 years.

Everyones different obviously, but I have some relatives who cannot even focus on anything and become extremely irritable if they dont smoke a couple times a day. That to me indicates a massive problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join