It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 387
<< 384  385  386    388  389  390 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
....Women love a man that can play an instrument.

Indeed they Do!! LOL

Gordi Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

I love that one picture the best that has the path going thru the trees....

Thanks kat!
Yes! I've got loads of photos from that area and most of my favourites are the wee trails leading off into the distance through the trees!!!
And.... as far as I'm aware.... there's nothing lurking in there that can eat you!!! ROFL

G

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat
Thanks Kat. All picture credit goes to Gail - Bug. She had cooked this little mission up that we are on some time ago and "pre-prepared" the picture for us.

a reply to: Errollorre
Thanks! I have sent Ella to assist you. Hopefully soon she can return to wreck havoc on Martin’s life. I think I will have a lot of fun with her.

a reply to: Night Star
[[[HUGS]]] Best of luck tomorrow. I have everything crossed for you. I don’t know what the worst part of medical test are. The awful test, waiting on the results, getting the results, or getting that damned bill!
I thought of this commercial when you said magical poop. LOL
a reply to: gimmefootball400
Hey sweetie!!! Oh what a fun idea!! I actually have a new song I am wearing out right now.

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Gordi you pictures are always so amazing!!! And AGAIN it lets me know that I HAVE to make it across the waters!!

a reply to: WalkInSilence
Sometimes it is only through the eyes of others that our true strengths are shown. YOU are a warrior my dear!!! This is how I picture you.

Good Morning Shed!!! I’m so sorry if I missed anyone!!! Busy busy day at work today. I will be in and out. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!!

wow, see what happens when I don't get to post for a while. HAHAHA
edit on 3/29/2016 by Martin75 because: The Shed Rocks!!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Good Morning Everyone.

Martin, Thanks for the dounut's and coffee. I need it this morning. Off to class this morning to take a test.

A written test. No needles for me today.

My brain will need that sugar.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Adding some bacon for good luck.

Night, Will be thinking about you today.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I've been thinking...
It's been nearly two years since I damaged my knee.
I haven't been able to walk any distance without really bad inflammation and pain since then.
I haven't been able to go hill-walking at all. Even flights of stairs cause me concern.

But on this wee break, I managed a forest trail of about 4 miles on the Friday.
Walking around the Highland Folk Museum for half the day on Saturday (It's spread out over several buildings on one large site).
And climbed a 1600 foot hill on Sunday, (as well as walking to and from it) with no knee pain at all.
No Inflammation either.

I have been doing some physiotherapy to build up the muscles around the knee, but didn't feel that was helping very much, (even after 18 months - short walks still caused my knee to flare up).
The only thing I can think of, that I'm doing differently now is..... The Golden Milk.

Turmeric is apparently a good anti-inflammatory, and I reckon that taking it regularly has reduced the inflammation in my knee to the point where I can now consider going proper hill-walking again this summer!! WooHoo!!
I am AMAZED.
My wife can't believe how well I did walking at the weekend either, and she also thinks that my mood has lifted generally since I started taking the Golden Milk.
I'm only having it twice or three times a week, but it looks like it may just have given me my "outdoors" life back.

I can't begin to describe how much that means to me. Now - to get FIT again!!!! Ughh!!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Wishing you all a wonderful Spring day!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Night I think they have you in some secret science project, where they investigate how long it takes to turn a perfectly sane person insane. I hope you both can keep your spirits up.
Martin What a wonderful picture that is certainly one of my personalities. Thank You. I hope it will fit in my avatar.
Are you being kind to your self?
Kittie I am sure you aced your tests. You have winner written all over you.

I am on "house watch" during the funeral service, every thing is calm and the weather is gorgeous.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
She looks perfect on you!!!! I hope that things continue to stay calm and gorgeous. Weather is nice and sunny here today but that wind is cold. I hope you have a good day honey!!!

Members Pic Thread
We have been putting up pics. I am trying to lure Chirp out......

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If anyone is in the shed right now...

The Loch of the Lowes Osprey is on the nest calling for it's mate RIGHT NOW!!
WEBCAM LINK HERE

G

UPDATE: Just saw the mate for the first time!!
TWO Ospreys on nest right now!
(One with a fish!)
G
edit on 29-3-2016 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add more info

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Gordi, I am so glad to hear that the Golden Milk is doing good things for you. Ya know it's like other natural remedies, it can do good things as long as you don't over do it.
I haven't tried it yet. But I do plan too. If only for the yummy factor.

WIS, you look great in your new Avatar. Glad to hear thing's are quiet. Keep your spirit's up.

Were suppose to get hit with more cold weather this weekend. But it will pass and the warmth of the sun will be upon us. Then well be bitchin about the heat and humidity. LOL!!!

Well, I passed all my exams. Not too thrilled with my math skills. So I am going to take a refresher course. It doesn't cost anything. So that's good.

Here in the states, school's did not teach kid's how to take inches and change them into centimeter's and so on. I have to be able to look at something that say's inches and know how may centimeters or oz's to mililiters. And not just learn it, but be able to do it without thinking. It has to come naturally. Practice, Practice Practice.

Can't the world do everything the same way!!!!!!

Maybe some of you can help me with this. Is there a trick? I will be spending alot of time on YouTube. LOL!!!

Gotta get dinner going. Back Later.

edit on 29-3-2016 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Sorry I wish I could help but I can only measure in cubit's.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
We have been putting up pics. I am trying to lure Chirp out......

Bahahahahahaha!!!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

One Inch is 2.54cm, so it's very nearly 2 and a half cm per inch.
10 inches therefore = 25cm
100 inches = 250cm = 2.5Meters
86 inches would be (86x2.5)cm = 215cm or 2.15M

The other way round, 10cm = 4 inches
so for each multiple of 10cm just add 4 inches...

20cm = 8 inches (2x10cm = 2x4")
30cm = 12 inches (3x10cm = 3x4")
40cm = 16 inches (4x10cm = 4x4")
so...
75cm would be (7 and a half x 10cm) = 7.5x4" = 30"
and
1.5M = 150cm = 15x10cm = 15x4" = 60"

I hope this helps!

BigG

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Chirp how cute a Sun Bear.

I couldn't help my self, they have really long tongues and I love the wrinkles.
Are you crying or would that be "Boohoohoohoo". ?
Your avatar today is very nice. Since I don't see well up close any more I can handle my own image in a mirror, I can even tell my self things aren't too bad until I put my glasses on. LOL
Kittie. Congrats. I knew you would make it.
Metric vs. Imperial. HeHe.
I do wish I could help you in a constructive manner. I refuse to convert my perfectly logical brain to the insidious Imperial system. It is archaic and useless.
When I came here I found every one in the restaurant business measuring in cups and teaspoons and so forth. I would ask stupid questions like "How do you calculate cost or how much to order, assuming Sysco doesn't deliver by the teaspoon"? It made me very unpopular
, but it showed me one of the reasons why restaurants here don't last long or have terrible amounts of waist.
See I couldn't help you, sorry.
But yes all you can do is practice.
Martin I really like those vids, the ice cream one was very "smooth and cool"

edit on 29-3-2016 by WalkInSilence because: yadayadayada

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Gordi, you make me look like a viscous viper with your lovely explanation. Did you just roll that off the top of your head?
But see if you have to make accurate calculations in Imperial it is extremely complicated. It isn't logical.
Is that why "Challenger" blew up?
Ok now I am off on a rampage again.
Imperial, politics and religion are off topic for me.

edit on 29-3-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Adding all most extinct species

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How do you know that!!!!!

I beg of you you!!!! PLEASE!! How do you know that?

edit on 29-3-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Gordi, you make me look like a viscous viper with your lovely explanation. Did you just roll that off the top of your head?
But see if you have to make accurate calculations in Imperial it is extremely complicated. It isn't logical.
Is that why "Challenger" blew up?
Ok now I am off on a rampage again.
Imperial, politics and religion are off topic for me.

nope, that was all you!
yup.
yup.
yup.
nope.
understood! LOL

Metric is easier, because it's all multiples of tens (and you can do the sums on your fingers and toes, unless you're from... (insert hickiest state name here!)
But binary is more fun! That's why computers and digital electronics use binary! (They're smart!)

Hey - do you want to hear the very first ever computer generated joke??

It goes like this....

01100100100100101010101000100010111110010010100101100101001010101001001010101010100011100101010101010

Magic!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Uhm... I don't actually know how!

We weren't taught it like that, but it just made more "sense" to me that way??

I won't be much help on the ounces / millilitres thing though, because US fluid oz and UK fluid oz are different!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Gordi, I am not an uneducated fool. I just suck at Math.

Can you brake it down. Or are we talking two languages?

This is gonna be so simple, I am gonna kill myself................
edit on 29-3-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Uhm... I don't actually know how!

We weren't taught it like that, but it just made more "sense" to me that way??

I won't be much help on the ounces / millilitres thing though, because US fluid oz and UK fluid oz are different!

So am I being a fool here? Or is this a complicated thing?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Gordi, you make me look like a viscous viper....Is that why "Challenger" blew up?

Are you eluding to the viper or the blow up. HaHa

nope, that was all you!
yup.
nope.
understood! LOL

Thank you I am all ways more comfortable around people who understand me. Hisssssss

Metric is easier, because it's all multiples of tens
.....Magic!

I know. It must be in the water here people don't get it when I try to explain it. Together with genocide, segregation and Hiroshima this is one of the really embarrassing traits of my country, perhaps that is why they occurred.

new topics

top topics

<< 384  385  386    388  389  390 >>

join