It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of fatal police shooting involving Idaho family in WalMart parking lot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

How lovely are you supposed to look in a mug shot when members of your family have just been killed?

I've seen this being posted elsewhere and the negative comments regarding their appearance are indicative of the low life scum that they are claiming these people are. I cannot stand overbearing religious types, but using this photo to depict them as trash like I see happening throughout the internet is the kind of trash spin "news" I despise.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Reminded me of an old western movie where the town cringes whenever someone mentions a certain family is riding into town. Maybe it was their first trip into a city.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Why do US cops feel so empowered to give orders to people to Willy-nilly with zero information. I have been approached by police while in a crowd many times and they always come in with questions and a calm demeanor. But this is Canada.

Oh yes, good old Canada where everyone always has perfect manners and there's no such thing as psychopaths and power trippers. Probably because its always to cold for anyone to spark up, lol.

We are not born into police servitude. Some people believe - and I know this sounds crazy - that if you are not committing a crime, you are not to be detaine. If you the police have grounds for arrest then that is what they should do but grabbing people physically to get information?...

I completely agree. I'm living in a notoriously hard white trash town atm, where the police think there a law upon themselves. Even had one come up to me and rudely demand my details, without providing me with a crime he suspected me of being involved in, I informed him that I didn't appreciate his attitude and was under no obligation to tell him anything (by law) and so walked off. Next thing there's 3 of them coming around the corner and forcing me on to the ground, just crazy! Got there names and badge number and told them if they ever come within 50 metres of me again there getting taped with the ipod, so they've never messed with me since. Bunch of power trippers just looking for some half wit they can pick on who doesn't have the intelligence to stand up for themselves. It's disgraceful and I would never defend anything like that.

But, that's not what happened in this video. Firstly, these people 'were' suspected of a crime, which does give the police the right to question you in Australia and positive the same goes in the US. Secondly, the dad (i think it was him) was in the middle of the group ranting and raving at the coppers as the unit with the dash cam rocked up. So the police would've already been aware that the situation was potentially going to go bad or violent. Also, by the way the family was so adamant about how they would not be split up, it should be obvious that they were never going to allow the police to attempt an arrest (even if they were guilty of assault) without a fight. lol, they were very irrational people.

btw, getting them straight in handcuffs once they turned violent would have obviously been the best thing to do. But I don't think they were capable of doing that, wasn't that the whole point?
edit on 11-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
btw, getting them straight in handcuffs once they turned violent would have obviously been the best thing to do. But I don't think they were capable of doing that, wasn't that the whole point?

The best thing to do would have been not being aggressive and attacking them. Why did they even want to put someone in handcuffs in the first place? They never seemed to tell them why they were under suspicion, or what they were under suspicion of. Should you consent to be handcuffed by some thug for no reason?

I guess the police wanted to beat them up for fun, and any incriminating evidence from the other cameras was lost. This isn't the worst police brutality I've seen, but still unnecessary. America should disarm their police for routine police work like in the UK, and only bring out the guns when needed.

p.s. What's the relevance of the victims being religious?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: supermouse
The best thing to do would have been not being aggressive and attacking them. Why did they even want to put someone in handcuffs in the first place?

So now you're resorting to rewriting what everyone can clearly see in the video?

The police arrive, they attempt to separate them to get the full story of what happened from each person there, and to reduce the chances of a violent confrontation. This was the right and correct action to take. This is what ALL police do when they arrive on a scene with a large group of people like this. It's the most sensible action to take.

The family attacked the police, not the other way around. The family started assaulting the cops, and you can clearly see in the video that several of them are attempting to gouge the eyes of the one officer they have subdued on the ground.

My posting history on this site will show that I am very critical of all US policing, I believe they are far too often incapable, psychologically unsuitable, corrupt, and need a complete overhaul to be answerable to their public. But even I, as critical as I am of American police, can see with my own eyes that the family are the ones at fault here.

They assaulted the cops, they were given plenty of non-lethal warnings to stop, they continued to attack like a pack of animals. They were out of control.

There is absolutely no way those officers can be blamed for what happened in this instance, there is no justification for a mob of people to behave like that. I don't give a damn how critical we can be of American policing in general, if you use this as another example of the "big bad cops" you are doing a disservice to the campaign to reign in REAL abuses.

This is NOTHING LIKE a cop shooting someone for running away, NOTHING LIKE strangling a man to death on a street for a petty crime, NOTHING LIKE shooting a 12 year old boy for playing with a toy gun. This was a mob of out of control lunatics assaulting police officers. The lives of the officers were clearly in danger, and they tried to stop it without using lethal force.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
So now you're resorting to rewriting what everyone can clearly see in the video?

That seems to be a common tactic for those on this thread that are trying to blame the Cops.

The video and audio tell the story.

Oh no story goes against the PC forum rules because they don't fit the criminals are never to blame and cops are always to blame focus it is supposed to have.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: supermouse
The best thing to do would have been not being aggressive and attacking them. Why did they even want to put someone in handcuffs in the first place?

The family attacked the police, not the other way around. The family started assaulting the cops.

Except that what you are saying simply isn't true. A family are standing around fairly calmly, maybe a bit of finger pointing. Then, the sneaky cop commits a serious assault by slamming one of them to the ground for no reason.

Then the shills come in and say things like "the family threw the first punch". Which while possibly true, kind of ignores the potentially lethal, newspaper-seller style assault on an innocent person.

(Unless I didn't see the video properly in the dark. Are you saying one of the family throws a pig to the Ground?)

If this is normal procedure in the US, then you need to fire all your police and hire some new ones.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: supermouse

Its really hard to determine at first man, just because there is so much going on in the video. You see something new every time you watch the video.

But, if you look closely at the start, you see the copper in the back ground get pushed back (maybe it was a punch, but you can't see), he then goes straight in for the tackle and knocks the father (I think) to the ground and then the family systematically start throwing punches and then it's on!

EDIT; First blood was definitely drawn by the family, there's no getting past that.
edit on 12-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
As soon as they grabbed the gun, all bets are off on them having peaceful intentions.

Even the dumbest mountain goat up the Alps would know that.

Just look at them, the very stereotyped image of an American, FAT, SLOB, LOUD MOUTHED, ALWAYS LOOKING TO CAUSE TROUBLE.

The guy's stomach doesn't stop wobbling for a whole minute after moving about, he can hardly walk, and when he rolls, its like the Rolly Pollys doing a dance (in fact they make the Rolly Pollys look like Olympians - youtube them).

They can't claim to be poor, they look VERY WELL FED.

edit on 12-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Well...now that was weird.

Really odd behaviour.

Maybe drink or drugs, maybe just a family of complete halfwits..but weird nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Domo1

Well...now that was weird.

Really odd behaviour.

Maybe drink or drugs, maybe just a family of complete halfwits..but weird nonetheless.

From the video it looked like they were just halfwits and acting out a pre-meditated confrontation.

They knew their big jackets would prevent tasers getting through, they also knew to roll on the ground to break the wires. They knew exactly what they were doing.

edit on 12-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

Just look at them, the very stereotyped image of an American, FAT, SLOB, LOUD MOUTHED, ALWAYS LOOKING TO CAUSE TROUBLE.

No that's a typical hillbilly southerner...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

originally posted by: bullcat

No that's a typical hillbilly southerner...

And are they not Americans?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Or was this a organized false flag type of event, designed to produce anti Christian feelings.

Republicans have been busy working on laws to allow Christians more rights then none Christians, after failing to out right limit the rights of gays. Could this event be a part of a plan to demonize Christians?

Political Christians are often claiming that Christians are under attack, when they clearly are not. However these same Christians that are claiming they are under attack are actively working to limit the rights of minorities (mainly gays) what will the back lash look like? Will there be a politically motivated campaign to demonize Christians? With possibly legislation that does target those of faith?

OMG there are Christians in the parking lot somebody call the police!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I can tell you exactly why this happened.
Spoiled rotten brats.
This is what happens when there is no discipline in the home. This is what happens when parents are run my their kids. I rent, and I've rented to these brats. They have absolutely zero clue what responsibility is and if they think they need or they want something and things don't go their way they loose it, they freak completely out. Just like this.
Because I've dealt with these people I harbor an amount of anger towards them and mostly their parents.
It is their parents that are responsible for this event. They raised animals so they got treated as such.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

Or was this a organized false flag type of event, designed to produce anti Christian feelings.

I doubt it, there's just not that much justice and logical reasoning in this world.

On a serious note, what would be the possible motivation for that? How would they go about finding an American citizen who's prepared to give there life for such a cause? No......... this is merely a realistic insight at what crazy extremist religious beliefs can cause people to do. No conspiracy theories to see here.

Just a cold hard look of the damage religion can cause in society.

edit on 12-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hypotheticlly speaking.

Another shooting of a human being by Civil corporate employees.

IMHo those corporate employees were breaking the law of the land and instigated that entire dynamic......they refused to back down...law enforcement has to back down from KIDS...OLD LADIES..HANDICAPPED PEOPLE....WOMEN.....get the point here....there are many instances where law enforcement MUST BACK DOWN AND WE PAY THEM TO BACK DOWN.

The man who fired that weapon must be charged with capitol murder.....no other option is available.....the aggressive maddog freak on the ground instigating things who must have been of drugs while on duty should be charged as an accessory.The rest of the police should be charged with negligence for failing to restrain then subdue their partner who was obviously the aggressor to prevent the escalation of the assaults to murder.

These people are not paid to murder people.......they are enacting unfitting legeslation

There is one cop who is obviously the catalyst of the abusive behaviour the police are actioning....he WILL NOT GIVE UP ON GETTING EVEN WITH ONE PERSON....he doesnt care about the entire dynamic if anyone is killed...that cop wants to hurt one person...he is a murderer...he was the single cause of the ftality....he was like a MADDOG..........he was psycho.....the other cops should have arrested him for his continued assaults on that family.

When you hit women you should be hit back....the people are sick of these abusive types beating women and kids and cripples,its sickening.....

Given a hypothetical situation where a 3rd party encountered that battle...the Cops would have been arrested immediatly,with the maddog freak being tased immediatly for non-compliance.

Hypotheticlly I would have went after the freaky cop who was trying to initiate gunplay opportunitys on purpose by extending his drama......immediatly because he was obviously on drugs or mentally unstable.

That is the coldest blooded murder I have ever seen.....in front of the entire family someone was shot like a freaking dog......with LESS RESPECT THN A DOG ..for what??? a misdemeanor???/ a broken by-law????sorry America your time is nearly up ....this would not fly in other places.....and it cannot fly much longer in your country.........that is not justice or law...that is cold blooded murder.......civilly sanctioned murder effected by municipal civil employees on the peripheral behalf of the Federal government.

Those cops could have stood back,went to their cars and waited for back-up and let the situation cool down....but they are trained to murder regular people with their firearms...this is why they did not back off...they didnt have to.....they have permission to murder with collegue witness and procedural and legal support.....to many put those guns on at the beginning of shift as executioners not as law supporters or enforcers.

ONE COP would not back off....the maddog psycho....anyone can see who he is and what he is doing....his partners WANT TO BACK OFF and remediate but they cant because of his ongoing assaults on the family....but NOT THE ONE PSYCHO KILLER....he is like an animal......my god some people would possibly jump in on the side of the fmily and remedite the man who fired that weapon...then the psycho cop 2nd.

Watch the beginning when the psycho cop drops to the ground and begins applying torture techniques to his victim making them scream in pain inciting everyone else.....that was TORTURE.... it doesnt matter what happened .....that very sick human being working as a cop is responsible for the entire dynamic.

I have to go be sick...I cant get that cop running up to murder that person IN THE NAME OF THE RIGHT THINGS????? out of my mind.....that was so wrong....there is NO EXPLANATION.....that was murder disguised as law enforcement. Likely because of a shoplifting issue which is CIVIL and police DO NOT RESPOND TO are NOT PAID to respond to , not criminal actions ...UNTIL the Wal-Mart or store employees intentionally instigate a physical contact at which time WITHOUT SUPPORTIVE CONTRARY EVIDENCE it becomes an ASSAULT AS REPORTED TO POLICE which then makes it a valid criminal issue......that person was killed because the store security guards intentionally created a physical contact to enable them to use the police sevice to settle a civivl issue under criminal pretenses.....they lied to the police....the police are complicit because they CAN REFUSE TO COMPLY with security AND CLASSIFY IT AS CIVIL OR INSTEAD CHARGE THE STORE EMPLOYEES FOR CONSPIRACY ect ect......

The security guards intentionally may have misrepresented or manufctured a pre-meditated dynamic caustion and by proxy enlisted the police to enforce an illegal civil decision using lethal force to do so......the police murdered a shoplifter on behalf of the store...............get a good lawyer and follow my popcorn trail......Wal-mart does the same things in other countrys......they use lies to force police to do dirty work for them to protect their money....they lie to force police who only respond to criminal issues to remediate civil ones into criminal ones......once an assault charge is lain the shoplifting is a gimme.

Sue the store......there are HUNDREDS OF PARALELL CASES.....soak them for 50 million bucks or more.

Show the history of this dynamic being used....make sure you illustrate polices historic willing participation by showing how they REFUSE TO CHARGE THE STORES SECUITY FOR INTENTIONALLY and fraudulently manufcturing dynamics which precipitate physicl contact with suspected shoplifters which could initiate illegal and unclled for police response to a fabricated criminal investigation.

In that case on video.....the security person should have been arrested...but as Walmart knows they do he instead keeps escalating the scene....the security guy actually commits multiple felony assaults with complete police supports during the scenario..... between the security guy and psycho cop that family had no chance someone was going to die there.

Sue the store,security firm,psycho cop,other cops for not stopping the psycho,all the cops for not properly investigaating the criminal conspiracy the store security may have actioned.

What SHOULD have happened is the cops should have showed up,then arrested the security guy for making a criminal assault in the process of tying to mediate a civil agreement....you see kids all store security can legally do is ASK YOU TO NEGOTIATE PAYING FOR GOODS YOU TAKE....they cannot even legally stop you at the door....just file civil complaints......there is no criminal law in play....it is civil law....and the police dont go there.They should have NOT INTERFERED with the suspected shoplifter at all and properly advised the store of their right to pursue things civilly once the security guards criminal charges were sorted out.

The cops potentilly killed someone on behalf of security on behalf of walmart to protect walmarts money.....

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

That post is wrong almost 100%. It's so wrong it's laughable. You just don't find that level of hyperbole and inability to grasp reality every day, even here.It's so wrong I'd ignore the poster permanently if ATS allowed you to ignore more than a handful of people. It's so outside the pale from what everyone saw it's most likely trolling.

I'm not one to defend or attack police use of force on auto pilot one way or the other like so many here, but I think the police showed remarkable restraint and could have shot several times in the melee including one out the family who i assume is the juvenile male because he's the only male who hasn't had a mugshot released. Also there is a point where the wounded officer tried to shoot but was unable. I figure he either dropped the mag during the struggle for the gun, it didn't cycle after firing into his leg, or was stuck out of battery after the struggle. I don't know if they refrained from shooting out of a respect for life or being unable to get a shot off without the risk of hitting another officer, but they did an admirable job of moving between different levels of force fluidly during absolute chaos.

There is a lot to learn from that video. The family was actually using what appear to be some pretty effective techniques in fighting police and resisting tazer hits.

edit on 12-4-2015 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
In every country in EU this would be solved without murder.
FACT!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Christian lives matter, too.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join