It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of fatal police shooting involving Idaho family in WalMart parking lot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Where is that proof? Why did Walmart employees follow the people to their van? Why was an unarmed man shot by an armed officer?

Do I hate cops? No.

Do I despise people who think they have the right murder others because of a shin piece of tin? Of course. I'm sane.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: imnotanother

Where is that proof? Why did Walmart employees follow the people to their van? Why was an unarmed man shot by an armed officer?

Do I hate cops? No.

Do I despise people who think they have the right murder others because of a shin piece of tin? Of course. I'm sane.

The proof is in the video, assuming you actually watched it.

1. The family escalated everything.
2. The Cops didn't throw the first punch
3. The criminal reached for the cops gun.

You can justify their behavior all you want, anyone who claims to be sane would be blaming one group of people right now..You aren't so make sure you and your brethren in this forum get their pitchforks polished.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
What a bunch of thugs and hoodlums. They initiated all the violence. There wasn't anything the police could do, this isn't a case of police brutality. Their band "Matthew 24 Now" is a reference to Biblical end times. Seems they made it a self-fulfilling prophesy.

According to some news sources one of the two Walmart employees involved were from the Loss Prevention department, so it would be a fair guess this bible-spouting family starting this whole affair by shoplifting from the Walmart, escalated to a confrontation with loss prevention in the parking lot, which then escalated to a police confrontation.
edit on 11-4-2015 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

What's up with the insults to me? And I watched the video. Cop tackled person. Then tan coat throws a punch.

In the end, Walmart employee get pushed by single person. Cops show up and violence breaks out. Cops shoot 2 people.

Arrest a whole group bit not the Walmart undercover guard? He is obviously assaulting people in the video as well. Seems like sloppy law enforcement to me.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'd like to see the vids from inside Walmart. It's very possible the "big guy" employee started the altercation inside the store. Then he follows the family outside, tries to act like a cop.

Tough family, damn....

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

What's up with the insults to me? And I watched the video. Cop tackled person. Then tan coat throws a punch.

In the end, Walmart employee get pushed by single person. Cops show up and violence breaks out. Cops shoot 2 people.

Arrest a whole group bit not the Walmart undercover guard? He is obviously assaulting people in the video as well. Seems like sloppy law enforcement to me.

Nope no insults towards you.

You are making excuses for the family.
You are not actually stating what the video shows, at best the back cop tackles, idiot tan coat takes a swing and the kid in blue push the cop all at the same time.

1 group caused this problem, the family.
1 group escalated it, the family.
Sadly 1 member of the family paid the price for acting like thugs.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Nope no insults towards you.

You aren't so make sure you and your brethren in this forum get their pitchforks polished.

I have not made a single excuse for the family. You are justifying the insane and aggressive behavior of these police. Who in the end killed and person and shot another (and kicked one of their own in the head)

When someone tackles you to the ground, that is not trying to talk them down. That is assault. To me, police are everyday people. Their badge and uniform doesn't make them special in my opinion. So when a person shoots and unarmed person, is that not murder? Oh wait, it was the police? Good job sir!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
I'd like to see the vids from inside Walmart. It's very possible the "big guy" employee started the altercation inside the store. Then he follows the family outside, tries to act like a cop.

Tough family, damn....

Hopefully they have those videos and release them so we can understand what started all of this. Something happened which had the store call the police in the first case. It's easy to assume some member of the family stole something or acted in an incorrect manner but that is just an assumption without having more info.

Personally I don't find anything tough about their actions but to each his or her own.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You aren't so make sure you and your brethren in this forum get their pitchforks polished.

Not sure how that is an insult to you but sorry if you took it that way, it was more just a statement about the normal posters in this specific forum.

You are justifying the insane and aggressive behavior of these police. Who in the end killed and person and shot another (and kicked one of their own in the head)

When someone tackles you to the ground, that is not trying to talk them down. That is assault. To me, police are everyday people. Their badge and uniform doesn't make them special in my opinion. So when a person shoots and unarmed person, is that not murder? Oh wait, it was the police? Good job sir!

Cops , "Lets separate and talk to these people" Family nope.
First punch thrown, family.
Escalated the violence , family.

Even though the video is pretty clear what happened I don't think you and I are going to see it the same way. You keep thinking the cops caused this situation, I will keep thinking the family did.
edit on 11-4-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Personally I don't find anything tough about their actions but to each his or her own.

Why would you. Your signature speaks volumes for your character's worth. Good luck to you in your life.

Peace to the murdered as well. Karma comes around.
edit on 4/11/2015 by imnotanother because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
See kids meth and religion do not mix.
Crazy but I think rhe cops did what they could in the situation.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Why would you. Your signature speaks volumes for your character's worth. Good luck to you in your life.

Yah I know right..

Using a lyric from a song from a band is clearly some indication on my worth..
Surprised you didn't point to the ridiculous and stupid looking avatar I have also as being some indication of my worth.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Yes it is obvious from you avatar you praise satan and eat kittens.
Jk.
I also find it funny some can take so much from a sig and avatar.
Worth a rant it is...iam at work so rant away

edit on 11-4-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Your sig is "All murder all guts all fun"

What does it mean? It is a set of lyrics you obviously resonate with...so much so that you typed it in a box to be at the bottom of your every post.

Mine sig is "give peace a chance"

It speaks volumes for me. Put a little more thought into what you project.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Your sig is "All murder all guts all fun"

What does it mean? It is a set of lyrics you obviously resonate with...so much so that you typed it in a box to be at the bottom of your every post.

Mine sig is "give peace a chance"

It speaks volumes for me. Put a little more thought into what you project.

Or..It's a lyric from a song.

In the end this is highjacking the thread so what is the point?
edit on 11-4-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: imnotanother

Omg do shhhhh.
Its a line from a song...
So yours is give leace a chance eh? Means nothing at all...a convicted mass murderer could type that doesn't mean you mean it.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I have low regard for both religious nutcases and cops, so this particular story is a difficult and good measure for me to remain objective on it.

The bottom line is 2 people are dead. I'm unsure what led up to the event and am presuming the family was spouting obnoxious dogma of some sort enough to get the cops called on them.

I didn't see a reason for the cops to go busting into the family to break them up. What prevented the police from keeping a distance and telling them they had to leave? What measures did they take before they got physical?

And the biggest question I'm left with is, how ARE we supposed to fight against such a force when they have all the controls? I don't fault the family for fighting back. Are they just supposed to lay down and take it? WHY?

So, if something big disaster-wise or big NWO scenario comes along and these brutes are standing between you and your family, you just give in, right? And then you're in whatever system governs that.

I just don't think they had to start/keep fighting. The cops could have backed off and tried some lesser non-physical approaches to getting the family to leave.
edit on 11-4-2015 by gottaknow because: added "non" before physical to correct sentence.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
I just don't think they had to start/keep fighting. The cops could have backed off and tried some lesser non-physical approaches to getting the family to leave.

You mean like how the video shows the cops arriving on seen saying "lets separate these people so we can talk" and the family escalates it from there?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Yeah, but why physically separate them at all? They didn't even try talking first. They have bullhorns and other loudspeaker tools at their disposal.
edit on 11-4-2015 by gottaknow because: added information about bullhorns and loudpseaker materials.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow

Yeah, but why physically separate them at all? They didn't even try talking first. They have bullhorns and other loudspeaker tools at their disposal.

From the video their were already multiple cops on scene as the other ones arrive who I would guess had been trying to get the story from the family for awhile.

My guess is they had issues of complaints from the store, some possibly petty crime-disturbance-shop lifting, so the cops tried a standard approach of separate groups of suspects to get the facts.

From there the family escalated it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join