It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of fatal police shooting involving Idaho family in WalMart parking lot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Domo1

We're these "people" on drugs or something?

That's exactly what it looks like. But then again, maybe they were just simply fanatical Christians, lol.

Crazy stuff either way.

I do not think they were on drugs, they were fundamentalist christians.

One part that is missing is they looked to be wearing layers of clothing.

The other part is I am betting they were " Sovereign Citizens ".

Those people feel they are a law unto themselves and act like it,
if you mess with people with that mindset be prepared to kill or be killed.

Sovereign Citizens movement

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Most fundamentalist I know tend to keep to there family and others of the Christian belief. A family traveling around the country ministering isn't anything new, including sleeping in there vehicles. The thought of them being separated was unheard of to them

I would like to see the footage in Walmart, what lead to this?

At 3:20 a cop kicks another cop in the head and that cops starts shooting not long after.

2 shots at 3:27
2 shots at 3:36

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The lovely family photo.

FB page.
www.facebook.com...

21-year-old Enoch Gaver was shot and killed, while his brother David Gaver, 28, was shot in the abdomen.

One police officer, 31-year-old Sergeant Jeremy Daniels, was also shot and remains in a hospital in Flagstaff, about 45 miles away. Daniels, a 10-year veteran of the Cottonwood Police Department, is expected to make a full recovery.

Reuters
edit on 4 11 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

At 3:20 a cop kicks another cop in the head and that cops starts shooting not long after.

Actually the guy that died got shot just before the cop he was assaulting got kicked in the head by another cop. That was some crazy stuff right there.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
If I didn't know better, I would tell someone that I had just watched a poorly made basement movie.

Hard to believe what I saw in that video. Well armed police using Tasers, Mace, batons and firearms.
The situation was out of control for far too long, that is what made it seem so unreal. That, and those young men that kept punching each other in the heads with little ill effect.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Ex_MislTech

Wasn't necessarily claiming for a fact they were, just same mentality was kind of my point. But I suppose when you combine no real point to live (being homeless), a perceived threat and extremist fundamental beliefs, its all it would really take to get that adrenaline pumping in a person, causing irrational actions.

Don't really want to be accused of being anti-police or anti-american here, but if you watch the video carefully those 3 coppers do kind of go in there like cowboys. Would they have done the same thing if the suspects were gang members or bikies? Wouldn't they have kept there distance til they had more numbers? You would have thought the police could have identified them for what they were and acted accordingly.

Anyway, not like I'm going to lose sleep over it either way to be honest. I just find it a fascinating part of the US counterculture to get to witness, some 'genuine American fundamentalists', who are prepared to fight to the death for there (perceived) rights.

Lets face it, its not the sort of clip you'd usually see on wildest police videos, lol.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

That big boy looked like he had more meth in him than a little bit. He took pepper spray more than once and a taser and was still pummeling guys. I got quite confused as it seemed either bystanders or the family itself was fighting with him. To be honest he would have been shot first just due to the damage he was causing...

Actually that big boy was helping the cops.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I would say that this is justifiable use of force, and well done to those officers for trying to prevent that from happening. They showed a hell of a lot of restraint in what can only be described as a deliberate and sustained assault on them.

These are good cops from what I've seen here.

And, it just goes to show once again what religious insanity does to people. If people think religious extremism is solely for others in Muslim countries, think again. You have plenty of "Christian" extremists in your own country, people who form their own nutty cults with all kinds of deranged ideologies.

The only people I feel sorry for here are the cops who had to deal with this, and perhaps the younger kids who have been brainwashed into this cult by their crazy parents. I do often wonder why people stay in such cults, but with the younger ones there's not exactly a lot they can do if they wanted to get out.

I hope the family is split up and the younger kids go into foster care, maybe then they'll have a chance at a decent life without their deranged parents abusing them.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Wasn't exactly Ali v's Liston..Anyway, Do the Cops in the US not know how to separate a group, contain and evaluate the situation without the need for violence, as far as i could see they just steamed in.

I didn't see that.
I saw the cops arrive, then within seconds the punches started to fly, from the family.

I am one of the most critical of the police on here, but this is pretty clear from my perspective. They arrived, immediately tried to peacefully split up the family to both gather information and reduce the chances of confrontation, and the father kicked off, his kids then followed.

The police used every non-lethal method they could to stop the attack on them. There is only so much that can be done before you have no choice but to escalate your defense to lethal force. I fully believe that lethal force should be an option - especially in the US where the public is also armed. This family had PLENTY of warnings to stop. They refused to do so and they continued to attack the officers who were only there to find out what happened and decide on any action to take.

The most stupid part of this is that none of it was necessary. The most that would have happened is one of the kids might be charged with assault, probably get a fine, a warning, and then they would all be on their merry cult-like way. Instead, their idiocy has led to the death of one of their family, an injury of another, two cops being injured and likely prison time for several of them.

These fundies aren't exactly known for their common sense or intelligence, but this just takes the cake.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Warriors for Jesus!

Lol not one of them knew how to defend themselves or even throw a punch.

"Jesus I'm sorry!" (00:47)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

It would have been hard not to plug some holes in all of them. Fighting each other while fighting the cops...The big guy should have been disabled immediately. Something was definitely mentally off with these people.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I usually don't side with cops but this is insane. I wouldn't be surprised if they all got shot.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

The big guy was a store-worker who was fighting alongside the police - he was helping out. They thanked him for the support.

He took some good knocks and that younger brother took even more without being phased. Not many people can take so many head punches, over minutes, without giving in or running away. Religious End-Timer or not, he was a scrapper!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
nvm. What Kandinsky said.
edit on 11-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: already stated

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Thea reply to: Domo1

The police instigated this brawl. Watch the video a little closer. 2 officers were on the scene, one circles the back, you hear "I'm going to cuff you" then officer tackles person. 3 other officers start throwing punches.

Open your eyes previous posters. Shame on you.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
Something was definitely mentally off with these people.

Yes, religious insanity.

It's about time society started confronting the reality that belief in an invisible sky wizard is a psychological problem. If someone followed their belief in Harry Potter to the degree many of these people do, they would rightly be called mentally ill.

It's one thing to believe in God, it's another to believe in a fantasy so much that it impacts on society and those around you. It's like belief in Santa, it's fine if a grown person wants to believe in Santa, but when they're creating laws, policing the public or teaching kids, all according to "what Santa would do", that ridiculous belief becomes a problem for society.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
Something was definitely mentally off with these people.

Yes, religious insanity.

It's about time society started confronting the reality that belief in an invisible sky wizard is a psychological problem. If someone followed their belief in Harry Potter to the degree many of these people do, they would rightly be called mentally ill.

It's one thing to believe in God, it's another to believe in a fantasy so much that it impacts on society and those around you. It's like belief in Santa, it's fine if a grown person wants to believe in Santa, but when they're creating laws, policing the public or teaching kids, all according to what their warped translation of Santa would dictate, that ridiculous belief becomes a problem for society.
edit on 11-4-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
The lovely family photo.

They look scared and confused. Especially the kid on the far right. They got a quick dose of reality and, really, I don't think they know how to deal with it. It was obvious without the mugshots though when the father said "You can't separate my family". It's one thing to be close-knit, but these people were a bit beyond just that.

And I'll admit I was wrong. At first it sounded like a family of meth heads, but I guess they really are fanatically religious.

Even worse apparently.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: imnotanother
Thea reply to: Domo1
The police instigated this brawl. Watch the video a little closer. 2 officers were on the scene, one circles the back, you hear "I'm going to cuff you" then officer tackles person. 3 other officers start throwing punches.

Seems pretty normal for the criminals are never criminals group or the normal cast of ATS Cop Haters associations. Leave out the reality of a situation and just tell what allows you to get more people in the Cop Haters forum wound up.

"Four officers arrived at the Walmart after employees called about one of the Boise, ID, family members pushing an employee to the ground outside one of the store's bathrooms."

1 group caused this situation.
1 group of people escalated this situation.
1 group took the first swing.

Read more at www.liveleak.com...

1. As the cops get to the parking lot and get out of their car they correctly say "we need to separate these folks and talk to them" this is at the 28 second mark.

2. The father then say " no you aren't going to separate me from my family " from the 29-31 mark

3. The cops say "we are going to go ahead and cuff you then" at the 32 second mark

4. The kid in blue comes around and pushes the first cop at the 33 second mark

5. The idiot to the left in the tan coat takes the first swing at the cop at the 34-36 mark.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: imnotanother

They were called by the store after one of the staff (big guy maybe) was pushed to the floor after an altercation over the store bathroom. Would that be the action of someone peaceable?

Given their behaviour in that video, do they look like they could have been reasoned with? All those cops took a good beating before guns were pulled.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join