It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of fatal police shooting involving Idaho family in WalMart parking lot

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
@jefwane

You are tryng to put the cart before the horse........you are trying to rely upon structure and SOP and chain of command......there is no humanism in your perspective because it has been taken out and replaced by "processes".

You try not to make independant decisions.

Your attending a normal concert is cool,so is being in the back of a police car i got lost as a kid and was in one as well,spending a night in Jail or custody in the drunk tank or awaiting the movements of the legal process for a few days is a common happening.It is far from being the same as or giving you knowledge of the prison system.

I witnessed a 20+ year police veteran enter home unlawfully,then assault a woman-then a kid-then a man-then a teenager......WHILE HIS PARTNER tried to intervene and stop him without using overt force,he was trying to sheild the family with his own body from his partners attacks with verbal threat,physical violence beginning with pushes then escalating to strikes then to Baton strikes then to chokeholds........the maddog cop eventully dragged a teenger out of the house and into custody where he then repeatedly assaulted him prior to checking him into the systems processes,the next morning this officer was ARRESTED FOR HIRING A HIT-MAN TO KILL HIS WIFE.......no one remediated what he had done to the family the night before and god only knows what else he did in the pre-ceding days weeks and months to other victims.

You see jefwane......the judicial process has been riddeled with pre-meditated sympathetic legeslation since the dawn of time,money and lawyers and that power dynmaic decide what legeslation is enacted.......the wants and needs of THE PEOPLE have become secondary.....the process has FAILED....it needs to be completely re-structured.

The cops know how and where the system is failing....but they cant change it.....Lawyers know the same but also cannot change it.....Judges know but cannot change it......ONLY MONEY AND THE LAWYERS IT BUYS CAN CHANGE THE LEGAL SYSTEM AND LEGESLATION.Lawsuit threats and outcomes dictate how our legeslation is catalysed......so MONEY also decides how and where unfit or illegally catalysed are challenged.........the fiscal component must be removed.

In my area people wanted cell-phone restrictions put in place while driving.......this focus recieved OVERWHELMING SUPPORT......and new legeslation based upon this support was developed........BUT THE EVIL SIDE intervened and in an engineered possibly illegal action they CHANGED THE WORDING OF THE INCOMING LEGESLATION to a blanket law called "distracted driving"......no one complained and like LIGHTENING the laws were finalised.....until challenged.

Law enforcement does not like to follow rules........a "distracted driving" law TRIGGERS SOP procedures which by word of law allow an officer to stop you if he sees your hands not on the wheel and you appear to be "distracted" at which point he may LAWFULLY abbrogate your legal rights and begin the process he is familiar with..........the Cell-phone has no part to play in this dynamic .... BUT in the process of executing the distacted driving legeslation the officer my seach you and your vehicle he may question you and take you into custody....a plethor of SOP actions are TRIGGERED by the legeslation.

You see cops know very well that they catch more criminals during routine traffic stops than via normal methods......so they colluded with other civic employees and lawyers to in a stakeholder type action SUBVERT the process in as many ways as they can....knowing they are in the wrong....but also knowing that until the current "distracted driving" legeslation is OFFICIALLY CHALLENGED which takes A LOT OF MONEY TO DO they may continue getting away with as many crimes as they can possibly commit for many years to come.

You see a GOOD THING society requested was presented to us all as we wished it to be but then it was intentionally and illegally engineeed and CHANGED during the last part of the process............this is how it is done to us all.....

Society wanted a law forbidding the use of cell-phones in vehicles in the name of safety........the police and other civic employees with help of their lawyers WANTED A WAY TO OVER-RULE FEDERAL LAWS so they could randomly stop anyone they chose and search their persons and vehicles looking for evidence of other crimes or for fugitives to MAKE THEIR JOBS EASIER AND TO GENERATE MORE MONEY.

Yees,this current legeslation can be over-ruled......but the process is costly long and complicted once the laws have been accepted.......this type of change takes MONEY....lots of MONEY.....the municiplitys and Police departments and their lawyers KNOW THIS.

The fact remains that these laws are illeglly catalysed.....and specific groups of people working in a stakeholder dynamic with mutually benefitting fiscal rewards peripherally driving them have come together to "engineer" society by their OWN ACCORDS as per their legal advice.UNTIL THEY ARE CHALLENGED.At which point changes can be made.

Our legal process is being used against us every day......this must change.....and change begins with experience and education.

Also with discourse and conversation.

Wow,I am now seeing on the news that Anonymous hacked the Montreal Canada police website because of repeated and suppressed accusations of police brutality........right now.......the world is screaming for change......

edit on 13-4-2015 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

religious fanatics 
inbred religious fanatics 
religious nuts 
religious extremists 
cultists 
rednecks 
idiots 
meth addicts (no drug charges or accusations have been made) 
typical hillbilly southerner (never mind that they are from Idaho.....) 
spoiled rotten brats 
animals 
crazy 
lunatic family 
brainwashed 
fundamentalists 
mentally ill 

After watching the video the above list is pretty accurate.

I mean what type of person would initiate a brawl with armed law enforcement officers at night?

All of the above....
edit on 13-4-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Here's a likely depiction of events based on what I see and my experience with crazies:

1) Officers arrive on scene with the foreknowledge that this family has been aggressive and is "ganging up" against the employee.

2) Officers know that the whole situation is going to get out of hand if they can't separate the family so the first request is "can I speak with you over here?"

3) The response is likely some form of "I'm not going anywhere."

4) The officer attempts to physically remove an individual from the group. Others jump in to yell at the officer as that individual physically resists the officer.

5) The officer quickly realizes that he's outnumbered by a family that isn't going to respond rationally. He escalates his aggressiveness.

6) The family responds by escalating their aggressiveness and it becomes a free-for-all.

The main problem here is that, despite what you want to believe, these people were not acting like normal, rational human beings. They had a gang mentality and were saying some really odd things that are likely the result of some sort of brainwashing from the patriarch i.e. "the government is out to get you" or some such, hence the father chasing the cop around yelling "you're being a Nazi!" The kids went full retard and decided that fighting the cops and trying to evade them was the best choice but notice that they didn't run away... they stayed in the area to keep fighting any cop who tried to detain one of their family members. A rational person doesn't go full cage match with the cops because they're trying to arrest a belligerent family member.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

The whole thing would make a perfect civilian training video of exactly what not to do if you feel you've been wrongly accused of a crime and you think the police are being heavy handed.

You remain calm and polite and tape everything, then get the name and badge number of the police. You do not become aggressive and rant and yell, you also most certainly do not punch one of the police in the throat (you can't see the punch in the video, but you do see the cop get knocked back), that's where the family lost any credibility and someone was definitely going to jail, no matter what happened prior.[/qute]

So, it is your opinion that, no matter what the police do, you should remain quiet and docile, and do nothing? If they attack you for no reason, when you have committed no crime, you just hope to get a badge number, and allow yourself and your family to be attacked?

You do not wrestle the police on the ground and try to rip at there face and unless you're looking for a close range bullet to the head, you do not ever under any circumstances fight the coppers for there weapon.

The police, from what I could see, knocked people to the ground, who then acted to defend themselves. That is a right of anyone, and that the attacker is a cop should not make any difference. To claim that it does is to claim that putting on a police uniform gives someone the right to be thug, and to break the law at will.

btw, so what if people are so called religion bashing? imo, there's only two things that could possibly make people act that irrationally, very powerful stimulants, or hardcore religious beliefs. Don't mistake yourself by thinking its just Islam that causes people to lose there s# .

The bigoted comments show that the opinions of some people, regarding who is at fault, are directly dependent on the people involved, and how the posters feel about those people. If the person belongs to a group the poster doesn't like, they are automatically considered to be at fault, and whoever else is involved is automatically justified. The evidence doesn't matter to such people. There is the "so what". If this was a race being bashed, people would be in an uproar, but since it's about religious beliefs, it's somehow acceptable?

I didn't see their behavior as "irrational"; I saw it as self defense, and shock at being treated that way by those who are supposed to uphold the law, not break it.

Of course, many beliefs can cause odd behavior. However, if you watch the video link I posted (in an article), and listen to the comments of people that encountered this family, you will hear that they were seen as nice, peaceful, good people, not violent or irrational at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So, it is your opinion that, no matter what the police do, you should remain quiet and docile, and do nothing? If they attack you for no reason, when you have committed no crime, you just hope to get a badge number, and allow yourself and your family to be attacked?

Well, I do know that you most certainly don't punch one of them in the throat, if they pull you out of a crowed to question you for suspicion of assault. Because you'd be starting something you won't win! Like does that seriously need to be explained to you!?!......... But why don't you go start throwing fists at the next copper you feel is being to heavy handed towards you? Let me know how that turns out for ya? lol.

These people were fools, its as simple as that. Aggressive cops want you to fight back and run your mouth off, that's how they get there power. The best way to get one over the police is to smile, talk calmly and constantly & politely remind them that your trying to be cooperative, if you feel you need to get a point across. lol, you don't think I've learnt that the hard way? It's about protecting your rights though basic commonsense, these people clearly had none.

Anyway............ Why not just be honest and admit that your objection is purely about them being christian? If this was some drug addict family of devil worshipers, would you still be so adamant about there right to start throwing fists at the police? Fighting them for there gun?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

There is no indication that they started the brawl, or that they were any of the nasty names that have been used to describe them.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

So you obviously haven't even read though the thread, or watched the video I posted where they go though it in slow motion?

I think every cop who shoots or assaults someone unnecessarily should be doing the 25 bit in the pen. But it goes both ways, these violent bunch of inbreeds should all be forcefully sterilized, the world would be a better place.

Unlike some people I don't take sides, right is right and wrong is wrong.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Here's a likely depiction of events based on what I see and my experience with crazies:

1) Officers arrive on scene with the foreknowledge that this family has been aggressive and is "ganging up" against the employee.

More accurately, officers arrive with a report that the family was "aggressive", and had allegedly "assaulted" an employee. They had no evidence beyond the report. It isn't the job of the police to assume guilt in such a situation.

2) Officers know that the whole situation is going to get out of hand if they can't separate the family so the first request is "can I speak with you over here?"[/quote]

How do the officers "know" what will happen? All they "know" is what whoever called from Walmart claimed. As for that "request", when I watched the video, several times, I heard that comment coming from the overweight Walmart guy, telling the cops what he believed they needed to do. I didn't hear anything like that from the cops themselves. The situation did get out of hand, because the cops apparently felt a need to follow the directives of the Walmart guy, and, instead of trying to talk to the people, began shoving them around for no good reason.

3) The response is likely some form of "I'm not going anywhere."

The response to the comment from Walmart Guy was that they didn't wan to be separated from their family members. They likely wanted to be able to hear what was asked of their children, to avoid legal issues, and to avoid being bullied. Clearly, that last worry would be a valid one, in light of the immediate aggressive response from the police.

4) The officer attempts to physically remove an individual from the group. Others jump in to yell at the officer as that individual physically resists the officer.

The officer had no legal right to do so. No crime was proven, no crime was even accused by the police. No order was given by the police, and they had no right to give such an order, anyway. The family at that point did, in fact, start to react, yelling and protesting, as they should be able to do, given their rights as free citizens.

5) The officer quickly realizes that he's outnumbered by a family that isn't going to respond rationally. He escalates his aggressiveness.

I'd call self defense a rational response to aggressive and illegal action from a cop, or anyone else. The cop, again, had no valid or legal reason to act aggressively to move any of those people. They were not fighting when he took that action, or doing anything that would indicate a problem. The cop was following orders from the Walmart guy instead of good police procedure. He did indeed escalate his aggressiveness.

6) The family responds by escalating their aggressiveness and it becomes a free-for-all.

The family started showing some "aggression", if you can call it that, at the point that they were shown aggression by the cops. It isn't aggression, though, to react to defend yourself. They were not the aggressors, from what I saw.

The main problem here is that, despite what you want to believe, these people were not acting like normal, rational human beings. They had a gang mentality and were saying some really odd things that are likely the result of some sort of brainwashing from the patriarch i.e. "the government is out to get you" or some such, hence the father chasing the cop around yelling "you're being a Nazi!" The kids went full retard and decided that fighting the cops and trying to evade them was the best choice but notice that they didn't run away... they stayed in the area to keep fighting any cop who tried to detain one of their family members. A rational person doesn't go full cage match with the cops because they're trying to arrest a belligerent family member.

There is no indication of a "gang mentality here. What I see is people defending themselves and their family. If someone started pushing around one of my kids, I would certainly defend my kid! Who wouldn't? Calling the cop a "Nazi", based on the aggressive behavior of the cops, isn't out of line, as far as I can see. One doesn't have to be brainwashed to understand and recognize fascist behavior. All of the fighting I saw was the cops attacking, and the people defending, until things were out of control. A rational cop doesn't start shoving people around under orders from a retail employee.

I do appreciate the thought out response, and the consideration of the details. I just don't see the same thing, watching the video. I did watch it many times through, trying to sort out what happened. A lot isn't clear at all, such as who shot whom, or when. I know what has been reported by the police, but the video doesn't show it clearly enough to know for certain. The videos that might have, we are told were not made, because, supposedly, the other two cameras were "not functioning" that night. That is very suspicious to me. The shots, all the action behind the vehicle; all not available because of not one, but two, malfunctions? Suspicious at best.

I have seen plenty of videos where people did start a physical confrontation with cops, and did deserve a reaction. Cases where the cops were trying to talk, and were attacked. I have defended their actions in such cases. In this one, that isn't what I see.

More video would help, such as fro the Walmart parking lot, which they surely have from multiple directions. Also from inside the store, to show, at the least, all of the supposed attackers of the employee entering the restroom with said employee. We don't have any of that yet.

I do consider the commentary (see my post with links) of people that worked in the area and encountered the family. People stated that they were nice, not violent at all, peaceful people. Their faces in the mug shots are shocked and wounded, not at all like those of violent offenders, such as we see all of the time in the news. All of those people somehow missed irrational behavior? That seems highly unlikely. More likely, the Walmart people were irritated that the family was camping out using "their" bathrooms, and started a confrontation. They then followed them tot he parking lot (clearly), which is against their own policies, and were there to tell the cops what t hey ought to do upon arrival. One even participated in the fighting. I sincerely hope the family files assault charges against that man. He had no business being anywhere near the family. Had he stayed away, and spoken to the police separately, the entire incident could have been avoided.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I still wanna no what happened in Walmart, was it the employees that had a beef with these religious bums living out in the parking lot or was it the family that started trouble?

Were is the video? and since we haven't seen a video it really makes me wonder.

I feel the cops were fighting for control, the family were fighting for there lives. But it seemed to me the police put there hands on at least 3 family members before swings were thrown in defense. Sorry to say but a huge segment of the population don't view the police as good, but as a threat and 10k civilians killed in the last decade tends to cause this.

Release the Walmart video so we can see how this started!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That got out of hand FAST. I certainly feel any loss of life is a tragedy, but I don't see this having gone any other way really after a certain point.

There was no negotiation at all in this video, at 0.39 when the other two cars have shown up, without even a briefing from the two officers in communication with the civillians, the two new officers immediatly resort to aggresive use of force. which resulted in the officer's losing control of the situation, terrorising the family and excecuting one of the members.
In a mannor of irony in the hail of gun fire that is clearly audible one of them manages to shoot another, incredible.
one has to ask themself what is the true tragedy here, the loss through extreme violence this family suffered or the loss that could have been avoided through proper training in crowed control, communication and negotiation once all these courses were given to LEO's around the world. looks like this module got dropped from this department.
I would should for half a billion in loss and damages.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well, I do know that you most certainly don't punch one of them in the throat, if they pull you out of a crowed to question you for suspicion of assault. Because you'd be starting something you won't win! Like does that seriously need to be explained to you!?!......... But why don't you go start throwing fists at the next copper you feel is being to heavy handed towards you? Let me know how that turns out for ya? lol.

If the cop knocked me down for no reason, I don't know how I might react. It's a natural response to defend ones self, though. A family group isn't a "crowd", either, and I can't hear any audio of the cop asking anyone to "come over here, please" or anything of the sort. The cop just started grabbing. No questions, no directives, just grabbing. Before that, there was no sign of violence from anyone. The family wasn't fighting the Walmart guy. They they could easily have driven off, but didn't. Cops out of control don't men people have to passively accept.

These people were fools, its as simple as that. Aggressive cops want you to fight back and run your mouth off, that's how they get there power. The best way to get one over the police is to smile, talk calmly and constantly & politely remind them that your trying to be cooperative, if you feel you need to get a point across. lol, you don't think I've learnt that the hard way? It's about protecting your rights though basic commonsense, these people clearly had none.

Aggressive cops have been known to escalate in the face of cooperation, too. The solution to this isn't to simply take it, but to demand, on a large scale, that police not be allowed to act in this fashion. That police are not militarized in terms of gear. That police are expected to uphold the law themselves. Passivity might work, and it might not. I have seen video where it didn't. Fighting back might be the only rational response left.

Anyway............ Why not just be honest and admit that your objection is purely about them being christian? If this was some drug addict family of devil worshipers, would you still be so adamant about there right to start throwing fists at the police? Fighting them for there gun?

My observations are based on what I saw in the video, and on the comments of people that encountered the family in the area, prior to the night in question. If cops are in the right, I defend them. There are comments from me on this site doing so. If they are in the wrong, I say so as well. Here, it's not 100% clear what happened at every stage, but it looks clear that the cops and the Walmart guy were the initial aggressors. Plus, these are supposed to be trained police, and they never once, that we can see, attempted to handcuff anyone. Why is that? Seems they wanted to rough these people up. They shot two in the end, one of whom died, for an accusation from a Walmart employee. Defending them is based on the evidence. I'd defend anyone under those circumstances. Being Christian doesn't make a person incapable of screwing up, or doing something really wrong. We are all sinners, after all, and saved doesn't mean instantly perfect. Even if all of their actions were not justified (and we cannot know that without hearing both sides, and seeing more video), the actions of the police were very much in the wrong. The Walmart guy was even more wrong. The police should have sent HIM elsewhere first, to talk to him separately, and to get him away from the family, so that they could talk to them without him right there. That's common sense. They didn't do that, listened to his directives instead, and someone died. At the least, this shows poor judgment and training. At worst, it's homicide and assault.

Can you admit that the cops didn't act as they should at all times?

We cannot, as a society, allow police forces to become so out of control that they will commit murder and expect to get away with it. If this family wasn't white, there would be national outrage already. If they weren't, I'd take the same position. Some cops do a good job, and some are power hungry jerks, and dangerous. The cops I knew as a kid (friends of my mom's, that she grew up with) were not like this. Id have trusted any of them. Some these days? No way. Some, sure. There are bad people in every profession, and police forces have a tendency to attract those that want power over others. It''s the nature of the job. It's the same sort that would have been in mental institutions in the past, abusing the patients because no one paid attention for a long time.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

So you obviously haven't even read though the thread, or watched the video I posted where they go though it in slow motion?

I think every cop who shoots or assaults someone unnecessarily should be doing the 25 bit in the pen. But it goes both ways, these violent bunch of inbreeds should all be forcefully sterilized, the world would be a better place.

Unlike some people I don't take sides, right is right and wrong is wrong.

I have read a lot of the thread, though I might have missed a post here and there. Slow motion doesn't increase lighting, or change the film angle.

Calling the "inbreds" is an unnecessary personal slur, and not productive. It's rather bigoted, frankly, and diminishes your opinion. I haven't made any disparaging comments about the police, or the Walmart guy. Why do you and others feel a need to disparage the family here? That is taking sides, which you claim not to do.

I am not taking sides. I watched the videos, including those with comments from others. Did you watch those? Did you listen to the opinions of people that encountered this family before that night? You haven't yet commented on that. I saw a cop grab someone with no reason, and I saw people upset about this. I saw a kid jerk away from this assault, and get knocked down and pounded for his self defense.

I did not see, because the video doesn't show it clearly, who shot whom, or who did or didn't grab at the gun. I can only speculate on that, and I believe there are multiple possibilities. The man might have taken the gun, and shot the cop, because he wanted to. He might have taken the gun from the cop because the cop was trying to shoot him. The cop could have been shot (in the leg) by himself, trying to shoot the man eventually killed. All of these are possible, from what we can and cannot see in the video. I will not assume the cops are telling the truth, because cops lie. When the man was killed, it looked like an execution, and I didn't see a gun in his hand.

So, toss out more nasty labels, and claim not to take sides as you do, and don't consider that you are only hearing one side of this story. Right is right, and wrong is wrong, but we don't have all the evidence here.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

To be honest I'm starting to feel like my old man by even bothering to respond to this thread. You know, a rich old man (although I'm far from rich) who's got everything he ever wanted, throwing a right hook at your jaw and saying, " why won't you listen to me boy, I'll tell ya how to work the system, if you'd just learn to listen and play it smart"! lol.

Seriously, people can talk all the crap they want about what happened prior, or how that Walmart employee instigated a confrontation, but it's all irreverent at the end of the day. The family was being aggressive from the start, which was just stupid. Then they attacked that first cop, who then went for the tackle, its was all over from there!

The law says that the police a fully within there right to take down a suspect who attacks them. Cry and whinge about it all you want, but that's just how it is and will 'always' be. You can't beat the system with fists and aggression, nor will you ever be able to.

I'm not just sitting around watching youtube videos either, claiming I have any idea how the world works. I've been homeless before and actually witnessed being harassed for no good reason. I walked away from it simply because I acted intelligently and didn't act like a violent fool, try to attack the police and take there gun, like these morons did!

Anyway............ I'm seriously over it now, I've tried to tell ya all how to work the system and not futilely try to fight it, but some people won't listen.

Just keep on crying about how unfair the system is, it won't get you anywhere. Fact is, if these people had of remained calm and rational they probably would have walked away without an issue. But instead they tried to fight the system with aggression and fists and one of them ended up with a bullet in there head! Its not even like they tried to run and got shot in the back. They took the police on, head on and the outcome was inevitable.

edit on 14-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
YouTube channel. Sorry if already posted. Interesting reading in "about me" section.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yes I had many of the same questions and concerns. From what I understand, from the research I did, (id have to go back and figure out where I found this out, but...) the cops are claiming that either 2 or 3 (cant remember) of the police dash cams present that night were "malfunctioning", thus the missing perspectives...

yeah, kinda like the missing footage from the JFK assassination
kinda like the missing 17.5 minutes of Nixon audio
kinda like the missing IRS emails that can never be recovered
kinda like the missing HRC emails (deleted)

Obviously these all existed at some point, and now they do not. Abracadabra!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I still wanna no what happened in Walmart, was it the employees that had a beef with these religious bums living out in the parking lot or was it the family that started trouble?

Unless the reports have changed it was first reported that the mom was in the bathroom while two of her boys waited outside the door to stop anyone else from entering so she could have some privacy. Then a female employee tried to enter the bathroom and they blocked her or shoved her to stop her from going in. That's how it was reported anyway, I don't know how accurate that is or not or if it might have changed from then until now.

My guess would be that since they are living 8 people to a suburban in a parking lot that she was using the sink to take a quickie bird bath and wash up which is why they blocked the door for her privacy. That is just my guess though but knowing the typical patterns of how homeless people do stuff that is a pretty good guess IMO.

Walmart is actually a very nice about stuff like this too as far as I know. I heard it's their policy at all stores although I don't know that for a fact. They allow people to stay in their parking lots in a camper or truck without calling anyone as long as you don't cause trouble. They also don't run off people who beg for money either just as long as they do it away from the doors and don't cause trouble. Compared to a lot of places with open lots that is actually pretty cool of them.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

To be honest I'm starting to feel like my old man by even bothering to respond to this thread. You know, a rich old man (although I'm far from rich) who's got everything he ever wanted, throwing a right hook at your jaw and saying, " why won't you listen to me boy, I'll tell ya how to work the system, if you'd just learn to listen and play it smart"! lol.

Seriously, people can talk all the crap they want about what happened prior, or how that Walmart employee instigated a confrontation, but it's all irreverent at the end of the day. The family was being aggressive from the start, which was just stupid. Then they attacked that first cop, who then went for the tackle, its was all over from there!

See, that's where we disagree. It looked to me like the cop started the aggression, by grabbing the guy for no legitimate reason. I also didn't see aggression from the family "from the start". They were standing around pretty peacefully till the cop showed up and started grabbing. After that, they did fight back, but it looked like the cops started it. What it looked like to me was, the cop grabbed the guy, the guy pulled away with a gesture, and the cop tackled him. If e had the video from the other two cars, that the cops claim "wasn't working", maybe it would look different from another angle. I suspect it looks very different from the official report, and that's why we won't ever see it. Walmart parking lot video would show something more, but I won't hold my breath on that, either. IF the family members had simply started punching the cops, I could see things escalating, but that isn't what we see. Plus, why did none of the cops make any attempt to handcuff anyone? They had chances, while they were beating and kicking, but no one reached for cuffs. It's like they wanted to fight. If the family was so violent, why weren't they fighting the Walmart guy before the cops walked up?

The law says that the police a fully within there right to take down a suspect who attacks them. Cry and whinge about it all you want, but that's just how it is and will 'always' be. You can't beat the system with fists and aggression, nor will you ever be able to.

That's not the same thing as the cops attacking, people responding, and then being shot, though. I have defended more than one cop in videos where the aggression was clearly on the side of the other guys. Will again, when need be. It's not clear here.

I'm not just sitting around watching youtube videos either, claiming I have any idea how the world works. I've been homeless before and actually witnessed being harassed for no good reason. I walked away from it simply because I acted intelligently and didn't act like a violent fool, try to attack the police and take there gun, like these morons did!

Neither am I. I have dealt with cops, and have family that has as well. Some peaceful encounters, and some very much not so. A cop my husband encountered, many years back, had a regular habit of harassing people. On one occasion (and this is a typical example for the cop), a friend was walking across the parking lot of his apartment complex, headed home from work. The cop got out of his car, grabbed the guy, and threw him across the hood of a car in the lot. When my husband (wasn't then) came running to see what was going on, the cop took off (also typical for him). The cop did this sort of thing regularly. Another occasion, another location, hubby and four friends (three males, two females) were walking on the beach, when four cops came from behind, grabbed one of the guys, and started frisking him, for no reason at all. No accusations, no comment about any potential crime, nothing. The guy was in shorts and a t-shirt, carrying nothing. The cops threatened others in the group with arrest if they acted. They broke the law.

For myself, there was an encounter that could have gone very badly, had it occurred a few minutes later. I was driving my future son-in-law home one evening. He was in the backseat of the Cadi we had then, and my daughter and I were in front. On a very dark road, no businesses around, we got pulled over, because some light or other had gone out. No problem with that, in and of itself. It's the way the cop acted that was the issue. He clearly didn't see the guy in the backseat, because of the darkness, the size of the car, and the fact that the guy was tired and leaning back in the seat. After mentioning the light, he started acting very oddly, as though he was looking for some reason to have us get out of the vehicle, and the way he did this was pretty creepy. All three of us in the car noticed he was off. IN the backseat, future son-in-law sat up, slowly, but visibly. This guy is a BIG guy, too; tall, broad, and can look scary. The cop looked startled. Not, mind you, startled like, "Wow, I could have been shot", not scared AT ALL, more a like, "Rats, they aren't alone", sort of reaction. The expression was unmistakable. We had no doubt he planned something nasty, with two lone unarmed women on a dark road, and him armed. He was alone, too, which was NOT standard practice for the cops there at night. Any pullover, there were supposed to be two cops. He was totally alone.

Anyway............ I'm seriously over it now, I've tried to tell ya all how to work the system and not futilely try to fight it, but some people won't listen.

I understand what you are saying. I am not going around fighting cops, either. However, if I was in a parking lot, and some cop started shoving around one of my kids for no reason at all, I wouldn't just stand there, while the cop committed a crime against my kid, and watch it happen. What sort of parent would???

As for not resisting; that's what happened in Germany, and look at the results. If more people had been armed, and stood up against all of that back then, things could have gone quite differently.

Just keep on crying about how unfair the system is, it won't get you anywhere. Fact is, if these people had of remained calm and rational they probably would have walked away without an issue. But instead they tried to fight the system with aggression and fists and one of them ended up with a bullet in there head! Its not even like they tried to run and got shot in the back. They took the police on, head on and the outcome was inevitable.

Most people don't remain cal and rational when physically attacked. The police didn't try to arrest anyone. They had people on the ground, crying and screaming, and kept hitting instead of cuffing, which they could have done easily. No one here is "crying about" this, either. People that speak against the cops are tired of the tyranny. There are reasons the founding fathers warned against standing military forces, which is what the police basically are now.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Yes I had many of the same questions and concerns. From what I understand, from the research I did, (id have to go back and figure out where I found this out, but...) the cops are claiming that either 2 or 3 (cant remember) of the police dash cams present that night were "malfunctioning", thus the missing perspectives...

yeah, kinda like the missing footage from the JFK assassination
kinda like the missing 17.5 minutes of Nixon audio
kinda like the missing IRS emails that can never be recovered
kinda like the missing HRC emails (deleted)

Obviously these all existed at some point, and now they do not. Abracadabra!

I believe it was two cameras that were "malfunctioning", that would have shown a better angle on the shooting and alleged gun grab, and also on the beatings behind the vehicle. Many concerns, indeed! Here is another. If the guy shot and killed was in possession of the one cop's gun, why didn't he ever shoot at the second cop, who hit him, then shot him twice??? He would have had ample opportunity! He didn't shoot, I suspect, because he didn't have the gun. A leg wound is very common for self-inflicted shootings!

NO one has yet addressed why the family is charged with resisting a prosecution, either! Not an arrest, a prosecution!!! What the heck??? Looks like the police are now cops, judges, juries and executioners now. But, hey, don't protest! Remain calm as they physically assault you, and don't fight back if they go to shoot you, either.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Unless the reports have changed it was first reported that the mom was in the bathroom while two of her boys waited outside the door to stop anyone else from entering so she could have some privacy. Then a female employee tried to enter the bathroom and they blocked her or shoved her to stop her from going in. That's how it was reported anyway, I don't know how accurate that is or not or if it might have changed from then until now.

My guess would be that since they are living 8 people to a suburban in a parking lot that she was using the sink to take a quickie bird bath and wash up which is why they blocked the door for her privacy. That is just my guess though but knowing the typical patterns of how homeless people do stuff that is a pretty good guess IMO.

Walmart is actually a very nice about stuff like this too as far as I know. I heard it's their policy at all stores although I don't know that for a fact. They allow people to stay in their parking lots in a camper or truck without calling anyone as long as you don't cause trouble. They also don't run off people who beg for money either just as long as they do it away from the doors and don't cause trouble. Compared to a lot of places with open lots that is actually pretty cool of them.

Now that makes sense, and I hadn't heard those details before. Sounds like, in that case, the employee was being pushy, and they didn't yield, so she complained and claimed to have been "assaulted". Walmart may allow this sort of use, which is good, but some employees are real idiots, and some are flat out scum. I have encountered all sorts in Walmart, in various locations. In Florida, one had great employees; helpful, efficient, courteous, and so forth. Another had real jerks, that didn't want to help, would as soon run over you with a pallet cart as wait for you, and were overall rude. The real kicker was, the good ones were in the "ghetto" section of town, and the nasty ones in a supposedly "classier" area. Guess which one I preferred to shop at, even though it was farther away?

I had a security guard, at another location, blocking the entrance with his car, and refusing to move, int he rain, so people could pull up to load stuff and not get it soaked. He was sitting there yakking with people in another car, not about business, just yakking and being rude. When I drive up and explained that he was blocking people, he called me a nasty name in Spanish, that he no doubt thought I wouldn't understand.

More than one place, I have had employees push those big pallet carts around almost running over customers, acting as though customers are in their way. The good ones will wait, and apologize for having to go through. Some, with chopping carts they are sorting, do the "run you down" routine as well. Good and bad in any business. Looks like this family encountered some of the bad, and the cost was high.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Were is the video? and since we haven't seen a video it really makes me wonder.

I feel the cops were fighting for control, the family were fighting for there lives. But it seemed to me the police put there hands on at least 3 family members before swings were thrown in defense. Sorry to say but a huge segment of the population don't view the police as good, but as a threat and 10k civilians killed in the last decade tends to cause this.

Release the Walmart video so we can see how this started!!!

THIS!! /\

No video from inside, no parking cam video, and "malfunctioning" dash cams? Too many questions, in a case where someone was killed. Someone supposedly armed, who didn't shoot at the second cop, when doing so might mean he'd be alive? That alone makes no sense. If he had the gun, and had already shot another cop, he'd have shot again. We need more video!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join