It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Charleston cop charged with murder after video surfaces of him shooting man in the back

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: roadgravel

I predict that they won't spin it at all. The victim is black, the perp is a cop. The usual suspects will either a) say nothing out of fear of being outed as hateful bigots, or b) be honest and admit that they wish it happened more often.

So exactly are these "hateful bigots" that you hate so much...thus making yourself a bigot?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

To answer your graphic...it changed when people became assholes fighting, running and attempting to avoid arrest. If when a police officer tells you to stop, you stop...this wouldn't happen. Yes...the cop is way more than likely guilty of something bad, there is some blame for the man that was shot and killed. There was a warrant out for his arrest, he ran, he fought the cop for a weapon and then continued to run. That is not lawful nor acceptable. If he hadn't done that...he would be alive today.

Yes, you can blast my comment and try to twist it into something it is not, but the fact is that if a police officer stops you and you comply with what they tell you to do...which by the way is the law...you will not end up beaten, tased or shot. The dead man DOES bear some guilt in this. But the cop will likely be in jail and (without knowing the entire story) likely belongs there.

And if you disagree, consider this. If the cop had not killed the man...the man would be in jail for his actions.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

To answer your graphic...it changed when people became assholes fighting, running and attempting to avoid arrest. If when a police officer tells you to stop, you stop...this wouldn't happen. Yes...the cop is way more than likely guilty of something bad, there is some blame for the man that was shot and killed. There was a warrant out for his arrest, he ran, he fought the cop for a weapon and then continued to run. That is not lawful nor acceptable. If he hadn't done that...he would be alive today.

Yes, you can blast my comment and try to twist it into something it is not, but the fact is that if a police officer stops you and you comply with what they tell you to do...which by the way is the law...you will not end up beaten, tased or shot. The dead man DOES bear some guilt in this. But the cop will likely be in jail and (without knowing the entire story) likely belongs there.

And if you disagree, consider this. If the cop had not killed the man...the man would be in jail for his actions.

I hope you are on the recieving end of some of the justice you think is being dished out by the police. Perhaps they need to show you up close and personal how they are protecting and serving the people with various strong arm tactics.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

I hope you are on the recieving end of some of the justice you think is being dished out by the police. Perhaps they need to show you up close and personal how they are protecting and serving the people with various strong arm tactics.

I am not a police officer nor do I know any as close friends. I have been stopped for little things and in my past, caught for larger things. I have never been treated badly by the police in NJ or PA. I'm respectful of their job and position, I follow the law and obey what the officer asks (when reasonable) and I walk away unscathed. There have been times I could have thrown a rock at the cop, tripped him and kicked him and maybe run away to become someone hiding from my original actions...but I didn't. And today...I'm alive, unbeaten and a better person. How about you?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MensaIT3

originally posted by: dr1234
Really? That's your attitude? Are you being snarky or do you really not see the value in this thread?

I apologize I was just mimicking American apathy

Good to know!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I am not a police officer nor do I know any as close friends. I have been stopped for little things and in my past, caught for larger things. I have never been treated badly by the police in NJ or PA. I'm respectful of their job and position, I follow the law and obey what the officer asks (when reasonable) and I walk away unscathed. There have been times I could have thrown a rock at the cop, tripped him and kicked him and maybe run away to become someone hiding from my original actions...but I didn't. And today...I'm alive, unbeaten and a better person. How about you?

Never say never you may eventually get your chance to see justice served up really frosty cold, then youll get the chance to say I didnt do nuthins while justice plays itself out. You act as if police havent commited crimes against the people, they are just as corrupt as criminals they arrest at times. You may run into a cop with a chip on his shoulder be in the wrong place at the wrong time and your card can be punched, your word against the cops just like in the video. However in the video the man was silenced with death so we dont get to hear his side of the story. News flash there are some bad cops out there and eventually you may come face to face with one of them.

As to myself I have never ever gotten a ticket been pulled over or arrested, but it could happen to any of us, and any of us can be executed on the spot for no reason at all other than the cop is trigger happy and wants to shoot you dead.

Land of the free my arse.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

What race are you . White or black

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I sincerely hope this (ex) cop is put is the same cell as Buba, the sympathetic big black homosexual dominant lover!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
So how many in his department backed his first story be for the video came out? Was the autopsy report done be for the video came to light? If it was what did it say about the direction of the shots? It's pretty hard to call a shot to the back of the body self defense.

It should have been clear something was wrong after the body was looked at. But he wasn't charged till the video came out. This means we have more a problem then just one person. All the rest need to be asked why they did nothing.

I'm still pushing for police to have body and weapon camera on them at all time while they are on duty, plus heavy regulation on the cameras.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
you cant tell if the struggles began before hand but you hardly blame they guy for trying to get away after being shot with taser whether it malfunctioned or not..

are those taser leads that he dragging that behind him?

edit on 9-4-2015 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02

Instead of race, lets go with WHO I am instead. I work for a living and run my own small internet business. I have a wife and two beautiful daughters. I own a home in PA and am constantly trying to make ends meet while raising my family. I'm honest, I don't lie and in the past 10 years haven't broken any major law except maybe speeding from time to time. I'm not rude to people and I take personally responsibility for myself, my work and my life. If I screw up, no one can be harder on me than myself. I would never take anything from anyone else unless I or my family really needed it and I would never take anything period without permission. I don't believe I deserve special treatment, I don't believe I deserve anything other than my freedom and services I've paid for. I have a strong dislike for our government in the US but respect the military, police and anyone else deserving.

Now...if you wish to take a guess at my race, go right ahead. My guess since you asked the question is that you can likely figure it out. THAT may be the actual problem with society.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
Not sure what you meant by the "actual problem with society". Is it I assume you are white because of what you said about yourself or that not to many people live life as you do with respect for oneself and others?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Accurately, I'd say your comment disgusts me. Not whether I disagree with you or not.
It is a cold blooded murder and then a fake drop of a taser to falsify evidence, done so casually it leaves no doubts cop has done this before.

It is the police officers duty to chase and apprehend not shoot and kill.

Capiche?
Or do I need to spell it out s l o w l y for you to understand?
I'll say it again. He has no legal right to summarily execute any one, He is legally bound to chase and apprehend if the fleeing suspect is not threatening the public or himself with a weapon.

As for this comment:" If the cop had not killed the man...the man would be in jail for his actions" Are you trolling me? I am struggling to drop my intelligence to find an answer to that. That is the lamest argument for executing someone I think I've read. "Saved him from jail, did him a favor your Honor"

So I'll just answer with the most appropriate intelligent answer you deserve.
HODOR

Planting fake evidence with ease, this cop's done this before methinks.

edit on 9-4-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have to add this, as I have been saying it for a long time now (usually to a chorus of Americans telling me to shut up) - I'm glad that it is reaching the media and the wider populace though....

NOTE: I am not excusing the officers actions in any way, shape or form - I am glad the bastard got caught and is being charged with murder. I am merely trying to provide an explanation for why US Police kill so many people compared to the rest of the Western world.

David Klinger, an academic and former police officer, who wrote the book, Into the Kill Zone: A Cop's Eye View of Deadly Force agrees the lack of data is a serious problem, but he has a far less jaundiced view of police behaviour.

He believes American police kill more often than those in other western nations because they police a more violent and dangerous society.

As a result of the constitutional right to bear arms, he says, police rightly fear that as they go about their daily duties they are dealing with offenders who are lethally armed.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Planting fake evidence with ease, this cop's done this before methinks.

Not only that! But he dropped that "evidence" right in front of the other officer! There's no way that the other officer didn't see it happen! They're both guilty of collusion! I hope that other officer gets fired too!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Apparently you do not understand the phrase: "I am well aware of that". There was not much else to contribute... should I have parroted what you said? Would that have made you feel all warm and fuzzy?

Nice rant? Thanks...except that it was a statement of fact, not an emotional rant. Read the writings of Jefferson, Adams and Madison in particular. Then you may learn that your narrow perception is not the full story.

The ignoring was in your own diatribe you focused on anything and everything negative while ignoring the positives. Last I heard, people are not perfect. I merely presented more information to broaden the perception as opposed to leaving your narrow, negative perception as is. After all, would not a broader picture present for a more comprehensive understanding? Or is that something you are not interested in? Perhaps you are only interested in presenting that which supports your agenda, whatever it is.

If one does not acknowledge the full picture, but focuses on but one aspect (the negative, for instance) then one is no better than the media who are constantly sensationalizing the news rather than reporting it fairly and balanced. Either that or there is some imbalance of chemicals in the brain that results in such narrow perceptions and are likely accompanied by depression or uncontrolled anger.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith
These appear to be the sequence of events at the start on the full video:

1) You hear the taser going in the background as the guy filming moves in, but he doesn't have the camera on them yet.
2) You hear the cop say "You run again I'll shoot you".
3) You hear a sort of hitting sound like something hitting the ground as the camera moves onto them and you see an object hitting the ground behind the cop. It looks like the cop had hold of the suspects arm and he flings it off and then runs.
4) The suspect starts running and at the same time the cop draws, you see Taser leads going from the top of the cop to the suspect and they extend as he runs. It is not very clear who has what end. The cop is now holding his gun, if the object that hit the ground the cop goes back to pick up was the taser it makes no sense for the leads to follow this path.
5) When the cop goes back to pick up an object at 1:08 it appears to be the object we see hit the ground earlier based on the position, though the video is so shakey it's hard to tell for sure.

Clearly he should not have shot him in the back like this, but to get an accurate picture of the events a few questions arise:

1) Why did the suspect run not once but twice?
2) Why did the suspect run even after the cop said if he did he would shoot him, this was before the cop drew his gun
3) What is the object hitting the ground? If it is the taser, then how are the leads going from the cop to the suspect? If it is not the taser, then what is it that he picks up?

I think that maybe the suspect did get hold of the taser perhaps at first and the cop became angry, perhaps he even managed to shock the cop with it. He wrongly fired on the man if he was no longer armed out of anger and told a half truth with regards to the taser perhaps, deciding to exaggerate it by considering to plant the taser maybe as while he may have had it initially maybe he did not when he ran. The thing is we can not tell for sure what he tosses down, and he does pick it back up assuming it is the same object. We have to make a few assumptions with this video, as it is not that clear what objects are. You cannot even tell properly which direction the taser wires are going.

Cops need to stop shooting people, but it would really help if people did not continuously run away from them or not comply with someone holding a gun whoever they are. It is how I avoid being shot, I see it as common sense - if someone points a gun at you or has one and threatens to use it, then do as they say.
Also don't break the law, I'm not talking about the stop light - I'm talking about whatever the reason was for running away. Twice. And resisting arrest. These we know as facts, we can also further speculate as to wherever or not he went for or at any point had the taser, but I prefer the facts.

NONE of what you said matters. Nothing. It's all irrelevant. We should live in a society where (and fortunately, here in the UK, most cops are not armed) you can run from the police over a broken effing tail light and not get murdered.

This is a sick video.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02

Instead of race, lets go with WHO I am instead. I work for a living and run my own small internet business. I have a wife and two beautiful daughters. I own a home in PA and am constantly trying to make ends meet while raising my family. I'm honest, I don't lie and in the past 10 years haven't broken any major law except maybe speeding from time to time. I'm not rude to people and I take personally responsibility for myself, my work and my life. If I screw up, no one can be harder on me than myself. I would never take anything from anyone else unless I or my family really needed it and I would never take anything period without permission. I don't believe I deserve special treatment, I don't believe I deserve anything other than my freedom and services I've paid for. I have a strong dislike for our government in the US but respect the military, police and anyone else deserving.

Now...if you wish to take a guess at my race, go right ahead. My guess since you asked the question is that you can likely figure it out. THAT may be the actual problem with society.

Whether the police and military are deserving of our respect is up for debate...which i wont do. What i will say is that do you not feel that we should live in a world where an unarmed man/woman guilty of a not very serious crime at all can run away from trained police without the risk of being shot in the back?

Regardless of whether we should respect cps or not....this should not be happening. EVER

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: roadgravel
I wonder how this will be spun in order to justify the shooting. Killed over a broken tail light. If he was being arrested, is there some outstanding warrant. What ever happened to tickets...

no matter how hard they try and they will probably try hard , they wont be able to spin this one..

To me it is clearly murder no ifs, ands or buts about it

Wanna place bets???.. it will go something like this: did you see What happened before they got on to the ground???, the cop felt threatened, the man was a big black guy and you know how they can be, Okay so if he wasn't guilty why was he running away huh? was he running for something, like a gun perhaps??..or it was meant to be warning shots to stop resisting arrest of which running away is, so clearly he was breaking the law, btw what about a prison record, face book scary pics??:
While there is a will there is a way all you need from there on is the right jury, prosecutors and judge and he walks, futile protest be damned.

Everyone thought the cops in the Rodney King beating were going to be convicted too. There are people (some who actually posted here) who will ALWAYS feel they need to agree with the police. It's drilled in people from grade school and then reinforced by cop shows and the Nancy Grace types.

Plus, cops get free well paid private lawyers.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Besides all that, during jury selection, the prosecutor always asks prospective jurors if they trust the police to "tell the truth" on the stand. If some one hesitates, qualifies their answer or says "no", they WILL be eliminated from jury consideration.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join