It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Charleston cop charged with murder after video surfaces of him shooting man in the back

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Wow...reading that story that was not a slight event. With witnesses and it was mistaken identity, no charges filed...they dragged him out of his house and tased him.

In the Video the officer doesn't appear threatened or struggling. And the filmer said in an interview that it seemed the officer had Walter Scott "under control" and on the ground...and he could hear the loud buzz of the taser.

If you were compliant and an officer chose to "penalty" tase you for having fled the vehicle....at what point do you try and get away?

and now that I think of it...I am not sure "fled" qualifies as Walter Scott didn't appear a fit sprinter to me.

I think the officer got POed and tased Walter Scott as a penalty when he had to chase him down the first time...the second time he just shot him.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I posted this in the Hoax video thread, but it does belong here also...dispatch audio from the night of the shooting.

soundcloud.com...

And it seems they will be releasing dash cam footage of the shooting from another patrol car.

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
This murderer has not done cops a favor here.
Why wouldn't a person run from maniacs that kill you?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
This murderer has not done cops a favor here.
Why wouldn't a person run from maniacs that kill you?

Because they are "maniacs that kill you"?

Whether justifiable or not, that is the perception amongst many of color.

In this case Walter Scott was going through hard financial times and I think the family said there might have been a warrant out for failure to pay child support. He might have been hoping to escape the time and expense of being brought in.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You have the idea.
There is an us vs them mentality, not only in police departments, but in young black men... especially when they watch an incident like this play out on video.
That cop is at least unstable, if not a maniac. What he did wasn't a result of poor decision making skills. He committed murder.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

To answer your graphic...it changed when people became assholes fighting, running and attempting to avoid arrest. If when a police officer tells you to stop, you stop...this wouldn't happen. Yes...the cop is way more than likely guilty of something bad, there is some blame for the man that was shot and killed. There was a warrant out for his arrest, he ran, he fought the cop for a weapon and then continued to run. That is not lawful nor acceptable. If he hadn't done that...he would be alive today.

Yes, you can blast my comment and try to twist it into something it is not, but the fact is that if a police officer stops you and you comply with what they tell you to do...which by the way is the law...you will not end up beaten, tased or shot. The dead man DOES bear some guilt in this. But the cop will likely be in jail and (without knowing the entire story) likely belongs there.

And if you disagree, consider this. If the cop had not killed the man...the man would be in jail for his actions.

So you are trying to justify the murder of an unarmed man ? This is called minimization and blame. IF he did not resist he may have still been killed in cold blood. IF he resisted he should have still been ALIVE ! Your psychological attempts to justify murder is telling .

Are you in law enforcement ?
If not do you have impulsive thoughts of committing homicide ?
Are you related to law enforcement ?
Are you in a position of authority and if so do you over step it ?
Last but not least do you enjoy the killing of black men ?

You certainly seem to fit in to the paradigm of the text book apologist

edit on 9-4-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: DarthFazer

Yeah..we should eliminate the police force. Nothing good happening there....

I think we would be better off at this point. The police do not stop crime they show up after said crime occurs. I can live with someone stealing my lawn ornaments as i sleep as opposed to cops kicking down my door and killing me over something they do not agree with on the internet. Besides I have a CCW and carry so I am protected as every responsible gun owner should. We should police ourselves. We can make citizens arrest if need be. I outlined exactly why this is the case read it and read it again if you have to. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can you debate these facts ?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Instead of race, lets go with WHO I am instead.

Hang on, lets confront this shall we?
Your attitude seems to be that some are deserving of execution for something as minor as "not obeying". This suggests that you have devalued Human life to a point where ending a life over something meaningless is justifiable.

Like it not, you have suggested that you believe some people are deserving of execution for minor infractions, we should explore whether you think this is about class, education, gender, or indeed race. I find it hard to believe you could make any assertion about his social standing, and I find it unlikely that this opinion is about him being male, the only thing left is race.

A sane person cannot devalue Human life to such a point without there being a reason behind it. I for one would love to work out what that reason is.

No...I never said that...I said the man was partially at fault for running, fighting, etc. and in my previous post I said the cop was going to jail and rightfully so.

So...everyone commenting to me...READ THE FING POST or learn English before you put words in my mouth. The cop made a very bad call, a man died who may not have if he hadn't run. The cop will be in jail for a long time and deserves that.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

partially at fault for running

Oh so by running away kinda says "hey shoot me in my back" like a big bulls eye , because umm ya know It is logical to assume a cop is going to shoot you instead of give chase and tackle you .. or call for back up ... or

Because people that get murdered are partially to blame ... got it.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Slager is sounding worse all the time.
Why didn't the Police Department do something in this case? Maybe because Slager isn't the only bad apple?

because this is becoming the rule not the exception.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The video from the patrol car has been released but I don't know how to embed it, as it is not a youtube one.

Link
edit on 4/9/2015 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Here's another South Carolina officer who was arrested for murdering an unarmed black man.

www.addictinginfo.org...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

According to the articles, the cop shot the man while he was in his car in his own driveway. The shooting happened in 2014 but the officer is just getting charged for murder now. The police say there's a video but aren't releasing it because of the ongoing investigation. (I would've started a thread for it but apparently I can't start threads in this forum grrrr...)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Could the officer been stopped even before this happened.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Site was horribly laggy for me, I downloaded the vid and uploaded it if anyone wants it:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Slager is sounding worse all the time.
Why didn't the Police Department do something in this case? Maybe because Slager isn't the only bad apple?

because this is becoming the rule not the exception.

I think it's because of the fact the same people who decide to charge a officer with a crime are the same people who have to pay the victim if he's found guilty.

It's a pretty easy math problem.

If the officer is innocent the state gets paid...

If he's guilty the state pays millions.

Basically the same principle as health insurance companies who denied coverage hoping the client wouldn't sue.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer

partially at fault for running

Oh so by running away kinda says "hey shoot me in my back" like a big bulls eye , because umm ya know It is logical to assume a cop is going to shoot you instead of give chase and tackle you .. or call for back up ... or

Because people that get murdered are partially to blame ... got it.

Are you really that dumb? Simple fact...if the guy hadn't fought with the cop and didn't run he probably wouldn't be dead. The cop is a murderer and is going to pay for his crime. But the facts are the facts. Sorry if reality and logic isn't your thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

That might be true, but its irrelevant

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
There are two basic rules in life.

1) Do the right thing, and,
2) Don't be stupid

he broke both of them.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
From all the videos of community policing in the US, I see two common traits

1) If you surrender, you get punched, beaten, kicked, tasered and then suffocated in a choke hold
2) if you run, you get shot, evidence planted and killed.

How do we win?

I NEVER EVER want to risk that by going on holiday to the US. EVER.

I also do my bit in bankrupting you lot by boycotting American made (not that there is much made there anyway) products.

edit on 10-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat
From all the videos of community policing in the US, I see two common traits

1) If you surrender, you get punched, beaten, kicked, tasered and then suffocated in a choke hold
2) if you run, you get shot, evidence planted and killed.

How do we win?

I NEVER EVER want to risk that by going on holiday to the US. EVER.

I also do my bit in bankrupting you lot by boycotting American made (not that there is much made there anyway) products.

Speaking as a Brit with an American wife and an ex-cop for a brother in law can I please ask you to not generalise. For every bad cop there are at least ten good ones. Their training leaves something to be desired in places, but they're not all violent trigger-happy bent coppers.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join