It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Helicopter Accident in Spain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Longer than that, but they should be able to track the registered owner down within a week or so.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Longer than that, but they should be able to track the registered owner down within a week or so.

That's important. I have a feeling that this case could be covered with dust. Another question, as you noticed, the craft is yellow. Could it be yellow for an specific reason?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This helicopter was placed where it lies. The tail boom is missing because of a main rotor strike or transmission failure. The tail usually comes off just about where the damage is in the picture. This is due to the torque generated by the drive shaft to the tail rotor.

There is no mystery here just a failure in the PFM generator.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
This helicopter was placed where it lies. The tail boom is missing because of a main rotor strike or transmission failure. The tail usually comes off just about where the damage is in the picture. This is due to the torque generated by the drive shaft to the tail rotor.

Of course there is a mystery, unless you have a solid undebunkable explanation why the craft was placed there. But your description of how it lost the tail is good.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Whoever owned it like yellow.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Of course there is a mystery, unless you have a solid undebunkable explanation why the craft was placed there. But your description of how it lost the tail is good.

I say it was placed there because of the position of the landing gear. If the tail boom had broken away in flight it would have sent the helo in a violent rotation. This would have broken the gear off and flung it away from the contact point. The rotor head looks in good shape.

After another look at the video, I now think it was a resonance accident. This is caused by a hard landing or landing on an acute angled landing. The helicopter's blades will start to flap like a bird until the blades contact the airframe. The helo will then just fall over on it's side and beat itself to death.

edit on 5-4-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The only problem for me is what happened to the main rotors? What you are looking at there is the result of a landed copter not being anchored down in high winds and gets bown over, hence no crash damage or damage to the ground of moving rotors.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

During a resonance accident the helicopter is on the ground with low rotor RPM. The landing was hard enough to get the blades flapping. With low rotor rpm there is not enough centripetal force to hold them out straight and the start flapping. The flapping will increase until the rotor blades strike the airframe. At this point, the blades disintegrate after they sever the tail boom. The helo then rolls over onto it's side and beats itself to death.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

I say it was placed there....

Most of us agree on that, if you mean the craft didn't land by itself.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

After another look at the video, I now think it was a resonance accident. This is caused by a hard landing or landing on an acute angled landing. The helicopter's blades will start to flap like a bird until the blades contact the airframe. The helo will then just fall over on it's side and beat itself to death.

That's similar to what the police think as here,

"'Mystery' discovery of unmanned crashed helicopter
A CRASHED helicopter has been found near Níjar (Almería province) but with no passengers, crew or anybody injured.
The craft is only slightly damaged, leading Guardia Civil officers investigating the situation to believe it had not fallen out of the sky at speed or any great height, but it is lying on its side which suggests it has not just been parked and abandoned.
No injured persons have been found nearby."
As for the remain of the main rotors they should be around somewhere, as the police would need to be aware of them if they have come to their conclusion as stated above.

edit on 5-4-2015 by smurfy because: text.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

A CRASHED helicopter has been found near Níjar (Almería province) but with no passengers, crew or anybody injured.
The craft is only slightly damaged, leading Guardia Civil officers investigating the situation to believe it had not fallen out of the sky at speed or any great height, but it is lying on its side which suggests it has not just been parked and abandoned.
As for the remain of the main rotors they should be around somewhere, as the police would need to be aware of them if they have come to their conclusion as stated above.

You need to read all, not just a part of the article :

The apparatus has been damaged, but the ruler of Almeria municipality has also indicated that there are no signs that the helicopter has been uneven, because there was no impact marks on the spot. "It seems to have been landed," he stated. So the place has moved a crane to remove the device, whose fate, for now, remains a mystery.

The google translation is not exact. The right term is "Overturned" ("Volcado" in spanish).
edit on 5-4-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

nope, changed my mind on that after I looked at the video again. It was landed there.
edit on 5-4-2015 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

nope, changed my mind on that after I looked at the video again.

What do you mean?...., you think it crashed by itself?

Here is a video with 10 helicopter crashes, not even one looks like what we are discussing here.

edit on 5-4-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No, it was under control by someone. What I meant was, this is a common reason for helicopter accidents. It's called resonance and is the result of a hard landing or landing on a inclined surface. The pilot just walked away. I think it was abandoned because they were not interested in repairing it or it was stolen. The helicopter might be a Mi-2 or 4 but I'm not sure.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

No, it was under control by someone. What I meant was, this is a common reason for helicopter accidents. It's called resonance and is the result of a hard landing or landing on a inclined surface. The pilot just walked away. I think it was abandoned because they were not interested in repairing it or it was stolen. The helicopter might be a Mi-2 or 4 but I'm not sure.

According to me, the description of the crash is correct but it happened in other place and then the craft was relocated. What I don't understand is why, I don't think a cartel did it but it is a good cover.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

All of the crashes were other reasons! I'll list what I can remember from the video. The H-46 landing on the ship was pilot error but after it impacts the ship you see the rotor blades flapping (resonance) after that point the helo was uncontrollable.

The Cobra was "pilot error" and is referred to as "flight into terrain."

The HH-65 was tail rotor failure due to contact with the water.

The Mi-17 that crashes on the glazier was "settling with power". He was operating at a high altitude base camp and was overloaded on take off but he didn't have enough power to lift that weight at that altitude. If you watch this helo impact the ice, you can see the resonance in the rotor start just before it rolls onto it's side.

The Puma was a tail rotor failure at a slow speed.

The other Mi-17 crash was a classic tail rotor failure. It happened while in a hover and that is the reason it ended so badly. If the pilot had about 60kt, he might have been able to save it.

The H-21 crash was due to high vertical descent and that's always ends badly.

The little red helo was pilot error...hovering over water is difficult especially when it's calm.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

According to me, the description of the crash is correct but it happened in other place and then the craft was relocated. What I don't understand is why, I don't think a cartel did it but it is a good cover.

I was wrong!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The apparatus has been damaged, but the ruler of Almeria municipality has also indicated that there are no signs that the helicopter has been uneven, because there was no impact marks on the spot. "It seems to have been landed," he stated. So the place has moved a crane to remove the device, whose fate, for now, remains a mystery.

The google translation is not exact. The right term is "Overturned" ("Volcado" in spanish).

I read that already, the quote I gave is in English, is from another source, and is much clearer and to the point as to what the police thinking is..it's yourself who doesn't want to listen or look... Strewth!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I read that already, the quote I gave is in English, is from another source, and is much clearer and to the point as to what the police thinking is..it's yourself who doesn't want to listen or look... Strewth!

Explain to me how your English source is better. The ORIGINAL source is in Spanish, because it's from Spain, the event took place in Spain. I speak Spanish 100%, my correction is right.
edit on 6-4-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well - the key question that nobody asks here .. what's the registration of the copter? What is the last filed flight plan? Who is the last owner? Should be fairly easy to track down what happened here ...

I saw somewhere else that this is potentially EC-KIR www.davidjackson.info...

It's either drug running or someone wants to claim some insurance money...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join