It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Helicopter Accident in Spain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Part of the tail is missing, but it looks to me like it was ripped and detached by force.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
No Signs of a crash..? Looks like it crashed to me, I believe i can see a part of a Rotor @ the 8 second mark in the video the op provides.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

No damage to the ground, no debris field where the rotor blades shattered into pieces or the tail boom broke apart.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Just enjoying the nice debate we have, your opinion is important and expands the view to 360 deg. But as I said already, I must play the role of Devil's Advocate.

Anyway, did you notice the grass around the craft is not damaged BUT it looks drier/not green?

Seems like the helicopter was there for a while, maybe couple of weeks?
edit on 5-4-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No damage to the ground, no debris field where the rotor blades shattered into pieces or the tail boom broke apart.

The Damage half way up the tail section...Rotor damage?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

There should be a debris field around the helicopter, as well as cuts and damage to the ground, and evidence of fluid leaks. This looks like it was carefully placed where it is.

It could be rotor damage. It's hard to tell from that one picture.
edit on 4/5/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Glad to see you Zap. Considering your vast knowledge on this matter, Can you tell us what are the chances that the helicopter was airlifted and relocated?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Possible. It could have been damaged and they were trying to move it somewhere else and screwed up. Wouldn't be the first time.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Possible. It could have been damaged and they were trying to move it somewhere else and screwed up. Wouldn't be the first time.

What kind of craft would be needed for such a thing? Wouldn't be noticed by locals?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I'm enjoying it as well.

I did notice the coloration of the grass. I also notice what appear to be some kind of fluid spills on the aircraft which make me think the grass might have died a little faster than you'd expect.

It doesn't look like this thing fell out of the sky but it does look like it had some of an accident while it was in at least semi-operational condition.

Beyond a covert helicopter moving accident, my theories are theft of a scrap machine for chopping, or unpermitted use of the area for filming that involved a junk prop, and early discovery of a fake news item.

But then let's revisit the possibility of it falling out of the sky... theoretically, could this thing have come down coasting on its blades (helicopters don't just freefall because they lose power, just because they don't have the same gliding ability as fixed wing aircraft), made a hard landing on its struts that bent them, and then rolled at some point after being abandoned?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
sharknado.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Any of the larger helicopters can, and do airlift others all the time. As for being noticed, it depends on when it was done.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

That's another possibility too. And then the blades and whatever else they could take easily were removed. If they were to autorotate the blades wouldn't be turning, so they wouldn't have shattered. There would still be a little more damage to the ground I'd think, but it's a possibility.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: smurfy
Well it must have crashed if it was seen falling, if that is what the translation means, " Three missing after falling helicopter sea in Almeria"

That was another accident, in January. Click that text you mentioned and you'll see.

There was another crash in late January, but not with three missing, it had two drug running pilots dead after the chopper hit a telegraph pole. A ton of hashish was on board.
Apart from that the chopper that's the subject of this thread, the police have said it must have had a forced landing, they don't say it crashed

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It looks like pieces of the rotors are still attached to the rotor head and the tail laying about a hundred yards away. Looks like catastrophic airframe damage in flight to me. I have no idea where the crew went. It's possible the pilots body is in the area if he were throughen out by violent rotation.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Forced landing?

Where did they say that?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

They would mention blood found inside. They said there is no signs of crash.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for the photos Zap. I don't think drug cartels have that size of aircraft, too big.

I think radars would notice such a big transport.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You'd be surprised. They could easily have simply leased an Mi-26 without telling them who they were working for or anything except that they were moving a helicopter. The cartels have access to some pretty impressive technology though, such as the semisubmersibles, and submersibles.

As for radars, unless they were close to one, it would have to see over terrain and other features that block radar. They don't fly very high when they're moving a helicopter that way.

Not saying that's definitely what did happen, just that it's a possibility.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You'd be surprised. They could easily have simply leased an Mi-26 without telling them who they were working for or anything except that they were moving a helicopter. The cartels have access to some pretty impressive technology though, such as the semisubmersibles, and submersibles.

As for radars, unless they were close to one, it would have to see over terrain and other features that block radar. They don't fly very high when they're moving a helicopter that way.

Not saying that's definitely what did happen, just that it's a possibility.

Ok, exploring that posibility, the next question would be : Why?

Could it be an attempt to disassociate evidence from illegal activities not related to drugs?

I mean, whoever left the helicopter there knew that soon it will be found and the first hypothesis will be related to drugs.

Tell me if I'm wrong, don't the helicopters have a number on the motor? In that case, It shouldn't take more than a day or 2 to track it down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join