It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘BASALT FLOOR’ Giza Plateau Smoking Gun Evidence of LOST ANCIENT TECHNOLOGY

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bottleslingguy

I do not see any reason why the ancient Egyptians could not have smelted a circular metallic blade in combination with mineral dust, like diamond dust.

Maybe if it were large enough, it could gain enough momentum to cut these slabs. They could be powered by human energy as opposed to electricity or fuel powered engines/motors.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: fr33coll3ct1v3
a reply to: Harte

have u ever been to a quarry site where workers use 'hand tools' the stone they get aren't anywhere close to 'rough' they are beyond..

Limeston4e cleaves practically smooth along a horizontal plane and almost as well vertically.

Take a look at the Great Pyramid here and then let's talk about what "smooth" actually means:

yes i meant the rose granite.

I believe i already posted a picture that shows how granite was quarried and smoothed. Perhaps you can bring yourself to google the "Unfinished Obelisk" so you can find out for yourself.

After that, maybe you can discover how many large pieces of granite are actually in the Great Pyramid. IIRC. it's less than 20.

the red 'figures' are painted in red-orchre on a block at the end of the small vertical shafts i think the northern one..

Red ochre painted quarry marks. Better examples can be found in the previously sealed "chambers" above the King's Chamnber that had to be opened with black powder.

the lourve glass pyramid is built based on a -golden triangle- adapted from that of the pyramid...u can't have golden triangle without the phi ratio---if u wish to know more maybe u can contact the lourve's pyramid architect I.M.Pei and ask him about his creation and its relation to the giza one.Goodluck.

i hope u learn what a Golden Triangle is b4 u raise ur nxt argument.

As a Geometry teacher, I'm sure I know at least as much about it as you.

In fact, I can prove right now that I know more than you on the matter.

You don't need knowledge of phi at all to create a golden triangle. Click here.

Do you have any more questions?

Harte

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

have u ever been to a quarry site where workers use 'hand tools' the stone they get aren't anywhere close to 'rough' they are beyond..

Limeston4e cleaves practically smooth along a horizontal plane and almost as well vertically.

Take a look at the Great Pyramid here and then let's talk about what "smooth" actually means:

Remember, the pyramids were supposedly covered in polished stone, and not like your image. A smooth, polished, gleaming structure. It is kind of unfortunate how they have be "violated" over the centuries. They were probably quite the sight.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418
Remember, the pyramids were supposedly covered in polished stone, and not like your image. A smooth, polished, gleaming structure. It is kind of unfortunate how they have be "violated" over the centuries. They were probably quite the sight.

Yes, I mentioned the limestone covering stones earlier as an example of some stones that may have been sawn.

However, the post I responded to above indicated that there were 2 million stones that would have had to have been sawn.

To me, that meant he was thinking that all the stones in the GP would have to be sawn, and thereby claiming the impossibility of such a thing.

Harte
edit on 4/11/2015 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Yes, I mentioned the limestone covering stones earlier as an example of some stones that may have been sawn.

However, the post I responded to above indicated that there were 2 million stones that would have had to have been sawn.

To me, that meant he was thinking that all the stones in the GP would have to be sawn, and thereby claiming the impossibility of such a thing.

Harte

Ahhhh...

I would agree that 2 million stones is far to may to be sawn...and that some other method would be used, as I believe you tried to indicate.

Heck, I'm not sure 2 million stones could be cut today in the time required; and what was that? something like 20 years?

So it would make sense that IF any stones were "sawn" then it would as few as possible.

While I would like it IF there could be a solid ET connection; I am more liking the level of sophistication that ancient Terrestrials rose to. To me it demonstrates that Humans are every bit as intelligent as I suspect. And wonder where Humans might be if they hadn't been "held back" by Rome...twice!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

While I would like it IF there could be a solid ET connection; I am more liking the level of sophistication that ancient Terrestrials rose to. To me it demonstrates that Humans are every bit as intelligent as I suspect. And wonder where Humans might be if they hadn't been "held back" by Rome...twice!

Ah! An intelligent response! Bravo!
Star from me....

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Ah! An intelligent response! Bravo!
Star from me....

I agree we tend to underestimate hiw smart our ancestors were. Like we found the use of iron even before this in Syria. And even egypt but we assume they could no have made it. so we say it was me iron from mediorites. Think about that how could they ever had enough to learn how to work it. It requires practice and refinement meaning they had enough for blacksmiths to play with.

But most important is as a species we have a tendencies to diminish the humans of the past. Thing is they are just as smart as we are. People misunderstand how technology works each thing builds off prior discoveries. And part of the reason we think the ancients were stupid is the dark ages. Many things that were known would be lost and have to be discovered again. I mean we found papyrus describing brain surgery in 3000 bc.

In the dark ages this was all lost or more acurate banned by the church In the case of anatomy and other sciences. Imagine were we would be if religion didn't attempt to destroy science someone here blaming the Romans is silly. They made lots of advances on there own. In fact many we are just now discovering. And we're far more advanced than the people in the 5th though the 15th century.

Being human we see this time as the judgement for all ancients and it's wrong. Had we not had centuries of scientific oppression imagine where we might be now.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
alright stones,copper chisels n saws it is...so the pyramids are burial sites for specific pharaohs .what was the purpose of the vertical shafts n the 3 'pilot pyramids' on the menkaure pyramid?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

It seems that you can't account for data and generations of built up skill and techniques.

Plus you are assuming that it is a one stage process.

Why is this?

What would you say made the cuts?

What are the materials that such a tool was made of?

Where are it's remains, and the remains of the lineage of tools that built up to this?

How was this tool powered, and where is there any evidence for this power source?

Why are the same tool marks all over the world, and yet this world wide fantasy tool that you believe in leaves no other trace at all?

These are important questions - there is a burden of evidence on you too, so live up to it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
it doesn't matter how much practice you have at hitting a rock with a rock you will never be able to make the cutting striations and smooth surfaces (not to mention inside square cuts we could only do today with cnc lathing, or 3d printing) that we see where these rocks have been cut with obviously high speed blades. there are forensics involved where the tool has left its fingerprint and you can't get around that. slow speed hand tools leave a rough surface period. the marks on these stones can be duplicated today with only highly sophisticated tools working with very high rpms, pressures and temperature.

can you address this: once a slow speed hand tool has cut the desired depth why would someone spend the time and effort in continuing cutting into something that is apparently going to take a very long time? why would we find all these extraneous cutting marks that serve no purpose? how did they make the striations in examples such as the perfect holes cut with a cylindrical blade? if you tried to make a cut like that with a copper hole sawblade the pressure and heat would soften it. there is no way copper can leave those marks in that stone. no way. no matter how much you claim peoples' will and determination can do it with sticks and stones. it's bamboo technology and you're crazy.

another stupid reply to: skalla

edit on 12-4-2015 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

For your own suggested alternatives, please meet the standards of evidence that have been presented for items such as copper slabbing saws and copper disks powered by treadles/lathes and cutting via abrasion with stated materials.

The post i made before this has some questions that you have not tackled.

Please address this.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
why waste my time? lol this is simple dude, slow speed hand tools do not leave the forensics and they send people to the gas chamber with that kind of evidence.

a reply to: skalla

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think if the entire pyramid had been constructed of one solid material, then I'd be willing to postulate 'then aliens'.

However, having said that what stymies me is the descending shaft. No light, not enough air. How was that done?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Did the Egyptians know about gear ratios and pulley systems? What about water wheels? If so then possibly it was a water wheel powered band/circular saw of some sort similar to the Hierapolis sawmill. I realize that the earliest known creation date for that type of saw is from 300 AD (+/-) but maybe something simpler but similar in design was possible? Maybe using a leather strap and sand as the blade rather than metal? or a thin wire? or even a stone wheel of some sort. Just a thought, one I'm not even sure was possible back then.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
it doesn't matter how much practice you have at hitting a rock with a rock you will never be able to make the cutting striations and smooth surfaces (not to mention inside square cuts we could only do today with cnc lathing, or 3d printing) that we see where these rocks have been cut with obviously high speed blades. there are forensics involved where the tool has left its fingerprint and you can't get around that. slow speed hand tools leave a rough surface period. the marks on these stones can be duplicated today with only highly sophisticated tools working with very high rpms, pressures and temperature.

can you address this: once a slow speed hand tool has cut the desired depth why would someone spend the time and effort in continuing cutting into something that is apparently going to take a very long time? why would we find all these extraneous cutting marks that serve no purpose? how did they make the striations in examples such as the perfect holes cut with a cylindrical blade? if you tried to make a cut like that with a copper hole sawblade the pressure and heat would soften it. there is no way copper can leave those marks in that stone. no way. no matter how much you claim peoples' will and determination can do it with sticks and stones. it's bamboo technology and you're crazy.

another stupid reply to: skalla

Aparently you dont know about stone working here is something you might find interesting stone vessels were found all over egypt. We even have them in different stages of completion. They didnt have bambo by the way but it shows you they indeed had skill at carving stone.

www.oocities.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
"bamboo technology" tvtropes.org...

explain the extraneous cut marks that have no purpose. why would you keep cutting once the cut is deeper than you need? does anybody demonstrate how to cut a cylindrical hole with striation marks that match the cutting tool? that's light years beyond carving bowls.

a reply to: dragonridr

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
To me, the only theory, involving a human orgin for the pyramids, is the mastery that they had over adhesives.

About 5000 BC, animal blood, protein, various plant resins and asphalt were used as adhesives in Babylon to build houses and temples. In ancient Egypt (about 3500 years ago) bonding was even a profession: the occupation of adhesive-maker was born (Kellopsos). The art of boiling glue which the ancient Egyptians had developed was later taken up by the Greeks and Romans.

Source: Adhesives.org

Perhaps, science is mistaken about the times that the Egyptians mastered the art of making glue. The methods used to make extremely strong glue today (carpenters glue) , is somewhat the same as their methods back then. There are glues using this method that come close to the super-glues we make today, and are even superior, when bonding the correct surfaces to one another.

Enter, the Egyptian mastery over making twine from flax plants.

The various processes employed in the preparation of the plant in Egypt are admirably depicted on the enduring walls of their ancient palaces, temples, and tombs, by the skilful hand of the artist. Drawings of the various implements employed; of the people in the act of sowing the seed; pulling the plant; carrying water to fill wooden vats, evidently for the purpose of steeping the Flax; putting it through the several processes requisite to produce the fiber; spinning it into yarn; and weaving the yarn into cloth, are all distinctly portrayed The several operations are delineated with a minuteness of detail and a beauty of coloring truly astonishing. Thanks to the dry pure air of that celebrated country, many of the sketches look as bright and fresh as if they had only yesterday got the last finishing touches from the artist, instead of having been painted from 2000 to 3000, and, in some instances, even 4000 years ago.

Source: Egyptian Linens

Do you get the picture? They could produce thousands of miles of 1/4 or 1/2" twine, and filled giant spools with it.
Then, pull it through a process of totally soaking it in their glue preparation, and then sanding it with close to pure quartz sand.

It has to be left up to the imagination, the kinds of mechanisms that could have been whipped up, to guide the twine in a giant repetitive chain.... and I think that the builders of the pyramid, knew about wheels and pulleys. One thing is, it was doable, and abrasive twine made like that, could cut. Not without engineering difficulties, but they would cut.

To vacate holes and areas in rock, perhaps they made giant wood balls, with shafts that could turn. They could cover the balls with the glue, and then throw on the quartz sand. Kind of like a giant dremmel tool. How you would turn such a thing, again , up to the imagination... perhaps with twine and pulleys.

I am 100% in the abrasive string and dowels camp, and I do think this is the way they cut stone, albeit at a rather large elevated view.

edit on 13-4-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

explain the extraneous cut marks that have no purpose. why would you keep cutting once the cut is deeper than you need? does anybody demonstrate how to cut a cylindrical hole with striation marks that match the cutting tool? that's light years beyond carving bowls.

First much harder to make a stone bowl than quarry stone. To answer your question in a quarry you would cut lines in stones they create squares . Than you cut horizontal lines in the Stine take a chisel and hit it. By the way the chisel doesn't have to be harder than the stone to cause stress fractutes. Diamond the hardest natural substance is cut with a piece of steel and a Hamer been doing it for centuries even before power tools.
edit on 4/13/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Yes. it was demonstrated several times.

The last time I saw it done was on "Ancient Aliens" and it was done by Christopher Dunn.

Harte

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
some of these cuts are on the underside of the stone to match the contours of the ground underneath. do you guys have any idea how hard it is to do that? why wouldn't they level the ground first? How do you do that with bamboo technology? forget bowls already.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join