It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘BASALT FLOOR’ Giza Plateau Smoking Gun Evidence of LOST ANCIENT TECHNOLOGY

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
that's b.s. those holes were cut with a cylindrical hole saw that left cutting marks and striations showing without a doubt the tool was moving through the stone at a speed that would be pushing the limits today. stop making things up with the vague claims.

a reply to: Harte

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
that's b.s. those holes were cut with a cylindrical hole saw that left cutting marks and striations showing without a doubt the tool was moving through the stone at a speed that would be pushing the limits today. stop making things up with the vague claims.

...Or, you know....Copper drills moving at a rate of a few centimeters per hour....But hey, why let pesky things like facts and reality ruin a perfectly good fantasy?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

...Or, you know....Copper drills moving at a rate of a few centimeters per hour....But hey, why let pesky things like facts and reality ruin a perfectly good fantasy?

I have a hard time believing that this hole which is found in Karnak was made with a copper tube drill -

Or this one, again found in Karnak and is close to a meter in diameter -

How the Egyptians would make such a drill out of copper I don’t know and would it even be fit for purpose if they could? It seems doubtful to me.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The claim about the speed is bogus, but otherwise you have it correct.

Cylindrical hole saws made of copper or bronze.

Harte

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

People seem amazed they invented the bow drill. I'm not getting that so did other cultures and since the same technique can be used to create fire was known for along time.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Harte

Actually, the forensics kind of indicates otherwise...any how...

Just how did they create a sufficiently uniform, and strong copper cylinder 1 meter in diameter?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Harte

Just how did they create a sufficiently uniform, and strong copper cylinder 1 meter in diameter?

Really care to show me that the forensics says a core drill wasnt used? Just so you know egyptians were not stupid they could work copper into all kinds of things bowls bracelets pots shields swords i can keep going. To say they couldnt make a copper coring drill is just silly at best. By the way may not want to go to Kharnak to prove anything it was built after the great pyramid. And was worked on by several dynasties ans we have alot of the tools they used found in digs.
edit on 4/14/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

Don't you find it strange that you believe AE's were unable to make an effective copper tube drill, and yet you believe that some unknown group significantly older than them were able to make extremely high-powered tools with materials better than those available to everyone else?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Harte

Really care to show me that the forensics says a core drill wasnt used? Just so you know egyptians were not stupid they could work copper into all kinds of things bowls bracelets pots shields swords i can keep going. To say they couldnt make a copper coring drill is just silly at best. By the way may not want to go to Kharnak to prove anything it was built after the great pyramid. And was worked on by several dynasties ans we have alot of the tools they used found in digs.

Cool...

I wand a 1 meter diameter core drill 10 meters in length...I'll need several, must all be within oh say 10mm and of course round.

These will need to have walls thick enough to retain shape under heavy stress.

I'm not trying to be a "smart ass", just pointing out what is required. Also, these will probably be operated at very low speed, and reciprocating...so what ever we're drilling will take a very long time.

Finally, the forensic data is going to be vastly different from virtually anything else.

Now then; please tell me you have all these ducks in a row; I rather fancy the idea of the Egyptians having found a solution on their own.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Harte

Cool...

I wand a 1 meter diameter core drill 10 meters in length...I'll need several, must all be within oh say 10mm and of course round.

I'm not trying to be a "smart ass", just pointing out what is required. Also, these will probably be operated at very low speed, and reciprocating...so what ever we're drilling will take a very long time.

Finally, the forensic data is going to be vastly different from virtually anything else.

Now then; please tell me you have all these ducks in a row; I rather fancy the idea of the Egyptians having found a solution on their own.

Tell you what tell me where in the temple at kharnak thus is located and I tell you who did it. You do realize this temple even had restoration work done in our century with power tools. That's why I laughed when you showed that picture I suspect I know why that hole is there. And it wasn't the Egyptians to confirm this I need to know where.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Harte

Cool...

Tell you what tell me where in the temple at kharnak thus is located and I tell you who did it. You do realize this temple even had restoration work done in our century with power tools. That's why I laughed when you showed that picture I suspect I know why that hole is there. And it wasn't the Egyptians to confirm this I need to know where.

Well, I didn't post any mages. but, even IF it is restoration work, then I presume there was something like it originally...

I've done that sort of thing, on a much more limited scale, so I know it is possible, and doesn't require much by way of tools. But, it would be an incredible amount of work to drill a large hole, especially if the tools are not properly optimized.

So...what's up with the item in the image; did they create a restoration piece, then intentionally break it? Kind of silly.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

First of all, you almost certainly won't find one, as nearly all copper tools used by the ancient Egyptians were used until they couldn't be used any more, then melted down and re-used.

Second, where is there a 10 meter long, 1 meter diameter hole?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Harte

Cool...

Well, I didn't post any mages. but, even IF it is restoration work, then I presume there was something like it originally...

I've done that sort of thing, on a much more limited scale, so I know it is possible, and doesn't require much by way of tools. But, it would be an incredible amount of work to drill a large hole, especially if the tools are not properly optimized.

So...what's up with the item in the image; did they create a restoration piece, then intentionally break it? Kind of silly.

Well I think this is one of the outer walls of the festival house but not enough in the photo to tell. What I suspect is this was part of a sitting area on the back wall and they were in the process of reconstruction. But tell you guys what take a look at these if you have a smart phone even better it's like walking in the temple of kharnak. As they say enjoy.
www.360cities.net...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Don't you find it strange that you believe AE's were unable to make an effective copper tube drill, and yet you believe that some unknown group significantly older than them were able to make extremely high-powered tools with materials better than those available to everyone else?

It's like going round in circles with you.

I believe that there was an advanced civilization before the AEs who were wiped out by an ancient disaster.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTB

I believe that there was an advanced civilization before the AEs who were wiped out by an ancient disaster.

And no trace they ever existed?? And your advanced race with power tools felt the need to build a pyramid which the Egyptians would later emulate showing they could do it as well?? But biggest point every civilization leaves pottery glass tools even us a million years from now. Your civilization was consumed by something leaving no trace??

Throw in the fact we have fossil records all the way back to the dinosaur and your civilization is no where to be found you don't think that's odd??

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

And no trace they ever existed?? And your advanced race with power tools felt the need to build a pyramid which the Egyptians would later emulate showing they could do it as well?? But biggest point every civilization leaves pottery glass tools even us a million years from now. Your civilization was consumed by something leaving no trace??

Throw in the fact we have fossil records all the way back to the dinosaur and your civilization is no where to be found you don't think that's odd??

No traces? What do you think the megaliths all over the world are? Doubtful they would find fossils.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

No traces? What do you think the megaliths all over the world are? Doubtful they would find fossils.

Built by a people who have no trace of living in the area that's makes no sense. And your going to claim monolithis through out the world but this civilization left no evidence at Stonehenge or easter island or Giza?? You really didn't think this through did you.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Built by a people who have no trace of living in the area that's makes no sense. And your going to claim monolithis through out the world but this civilization left no evidence at Stonehenge or easter island or Giza?? You really didn't think this through did you.

I don't understand your question could you put it a bit clearer please?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

No traces? What do you think the megaliths all over the world are?

Exactly which sites do you think were built by this advanced civilization that somehow managed not to leave a single trace of ever existing?

Doubtful they would find fossils.

Why is that doubtful? We have fossils going back 10s of millions of years, if not longer, and artifacts left by hominids hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of years before modern humans even evolved. So how is it that just this one "civilization" has managed to elude us?

Give it up, James. You're only making yourself look foolish.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

But essentially the only evidence that you have for this civ is wildly different stuff built all over the world by many diverse cultures, the only issue is that you don't understand what can be achieved with simple tech, which blows your mind to smithereens....So therefore you tie all sites together which impress you to the point of incredulity, and then attribute the things that you don't understand to a perfectly constructed deus-ex machina with all of the attributes required to overcome said incredulity and lack of understanding.

As well as total lack of evidence.

You have created a perfect circle.

Which, funnily enough, is what the Egyptians were able to do with copper to make tube saws.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join