It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIDDEN CAMERA: Gay Wedding Cake At Muslim Bakeries

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
What ever happened to the power of that "We reserve the right to refuse service" sign? Did that just go away?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
What ever happened to the power of that "We reserve the right to refuse service" sign? Did that just go away?

You're right. I haven't seen one of those in years.

Still see plenty of those: "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" signs.
Is that anti-nudist?
edit on 2-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Is it really possible that people are missing the obvious fact that this video not getting traction highlights the clear hypocrisy of the issue at hand?
This isn't deflection, it's a demonstration of the fact that Gay activists don't fear a reaction to their bullying from Christians, but they most certainly fear a reaction from Muslims.
This video will NEVER get picked up by the MSM, for the simple reason that this particular bakery is run by Muslims, and they're the current religious flavor of month, in America.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

That went away with separate drinking fountains for "people of color"

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

It still exists, but keep in mind it's "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" not "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason".

Legally and in court, if it should be challenged, you must have a Reasonable argument for why you refused service. Simply saying "Because I don't like "such and such" people" isn't Reasonable and is considered Discrimination by law.

(post by ItalianDressing removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ItalianDressing

Lol ya 'factually" is a stretch.

Why is no one defending the bakeries?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Lol ya 'factually" is a stretch.

What part of my post was even close to a stretch?

ID

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
And with videos like these it's Christians that still come off as the most hypocritical LOL

In Indiana they're mad because LGBT activists and Social Media are not letting another Conservative state get away with passing discriminatory laws.

And in this video they're mad because LGBT activists and Social Media aren't demanding the closure of these Muslim bakeries.

Either you stand behind the "right" of every business to deny service to anyone based on their sexual orientation or skin color or you don't.

There really is no in between area with issues like this
edit on 4/2/2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
So if someone comes into a fast food place and is drunk and loud they can be refused service, yet if two gay guys walk into that same restaurant and get all girl giddy because one of them showed the other one a new blouse he bought and they are equally loud and disruptive then it's okay?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7
Who said they didn't back the muslim bakery?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Haven't heard any real attack on the Muslim bakeries in this video to defend.
Most people seem to be pointing out the double standard involved regarding Christian bakeries and Muslim bakeries.
edit on 2-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71
Yet I still see those signs.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So, what about demanding government coerce a gay-owned sign shop print signs for a Westboro Baptist Church protest?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Muslim bakeries are like target stores. People only hate on Walmart and Christians while ignoring everybody else doing the exact same thing.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WTFover
Or force a muslim bakery to make a cake with a picture of the prophet even though they find it sacrilege.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WTFover

If someone went into a Muslim-owned print shop to print up a Mohammad-caricature tee-shirt order and they politely refused to do the job due to religious reasons...I would support them.
If they killed the guy making the order...I would not support them.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WTFover
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So, what about demanding government coerce a gay-owned sign shop print signs for a Westboro Baptist Church protest?

Good point.

& I agree they should have to.

Discrimination is discrimination no matter who does it!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

That was directed at the poster who lambasted those who support your position. Personally, I support a business/property owner's right to not provide his/her labor to anyone he/she chooses, for whatever reason. If I walked into a store and the owner said, "Sorry, we don't serve people with bald spots," I would simply turn and walk away. Slavery ended, in the U.S. anyway, many years ago.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The "We have the right to refuse service to anyone" signs did not go away, I saw one the other day when I went to a Brother's store (it's a gas station store) here in Louisiana.

Anyway, onto the point of this thread and the issue in the video. I think anyone owning a business, does indeed have the right to refuse service to anyone, for whatever reason they choose. I think it is very unfair that only Christians get picked on. I'm sure there are plenty of all kinds of faith bakeries, that would be happy to make a gay wedding cake, it's only the bad ones that ever get shown.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join