It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIDDEN CAMERA: Gay Wedding Cake At Muslim Bakeries

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I also wonder if the Christian Defense Brigade we see in every thread will come in here and defend the "right of these Muslim bakeries to deny service to anyone."

I hate every religion equally and I don't think that any religion should be exempt from the same scrutiny that Christians receive.

I absolutely agree with them refusing to bake this. The problem is the double standard where the Christian gets sued and hated, and no one cares about the Muslim.\

That tells me the original complaint was never about the issue, it was about hatred.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I've my own issues with race qualifications. I've spent my whole life working at being judged by my character than by the color of my skin.

So I do understand the persecution of anyone in the GLBT community.

But I also don't want to sacrifice religious persecution for a societal solution to any discrimination towards the GLBT community.

It's why I'm so frustrated over this issue.

There seems to be a lack of respect on both sides.

Christian businesses not respecting the rights of the GLBT community

and

The GLBT community not respecting the rights of Christians.

And now we have lawyers and politicians involved which will always screw things up.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i guess i would be for a christian refusing to sell a cake for a gay wedding because of their religious beliefs but i would be against them refusing to bake them a birthday cake simply because they were gay. if that make any sense?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
i guess i would be for a christian refusing to sell a cake for a gay wedding because of their religious beliefs but i would be against them refusing to bake them a birthday cake simply because they were gay. if that make any sense?

That makes perfect sense.

If any bakery refused to sell a cake for any reason, II would find that idiotic, personally. What business wants to lose money?

But if their religious convictions are so strong that they felt uncomfortable with any endorsement of a wedding that they deem unacceptable, then I'd support their rights simply because it fell in line with their faith.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I cant stand anyone that wont bake a cake, cakes are yummy, yumminess should be created all the time. I hope they all go to cake hell, its in the frozen section.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

That implies bad things about icecream cakes which are the bestest thing ever invented...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
I cant stand anyone that wont bake a cake, cakes are yummy, yumminess should be created all the time. I hope they all go to cake hell, its in the frozen section.

Pies are in the frozen section.

(and just for you)

Thanks a lot, Obama!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

You are obviously then a "Dairy Queen".

Lol

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

My bad, i hope i am forgiven and i can partake in ice cream cakes.

That was a close one.
edit on 3-4-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I absolutely agree with them refusing to bake this. The problem is the double standard where the Christian gets sued and hated, and no one cares about the Muslim.

That tells me the original complaint was never about the issue, it was about hatred.

There are multiple issues in this.

1. This thread isn't filled with Muslims defending it or having in depth discussions about where freedom starts and ends ... It has a few upset Christians and sympathizers wanting people to chase down Muslims. It's a baiting thread. Why should I care???

2. The Christian bakery case was a plain wedding cake. The judgement itself (if anyone bothered to read it) pointed out that if the baker was asked to endorse a political message on the cake via customization or similar this would be a different situation. The same situation would have been walking in and saying, I want a generic wedding cake.

3. The whole binarying of the issue is nonsense. The person in the video presents it as "unless you agree with me and my world view 100% I should have the ability to ensure you can't do business, that you can't make a living, it's the legal version of the cultural marxism that is political correctness. These liberals etc ..." This isn't what I'm thinking when I discuss the right to trade. Believing in free trade =/= cultural marxism.

4. Islamic people have been brought to court multiple times over discrimination and religious rights cases. The reason we don't argue about it is the majority of American Christians don't care when it happens ergo they think it doesn't happen except when it happens to them and then they join forces.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Pinke because: Spacing

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke

1. This thread isn't filled with Muslims defending it or having in depth discussions about where freedom starts and ends ... It has a few upset Christians and sympathizers wanting people to chase down Muslims. It's a baiting thread. Why should I care???

Why would anyone chase down Muslims? In fact, my claim was they shouldn't. The problem lies in the fact Christians DO get chased down, and the Left doesn't care about Muslims doing the same thing.

2. The Christian bakery case was a plain wedding cake. The judgement itself (if anyone bothered to read it) pointed out that if the baker was asked to endorse a political message on the cake via customization or similar this would be a different situation. The same situation would have been walking in and saying, I want a generic wedding cake.

Which is a Red Herring if a Muslim does the same thing. Why is only one of them pursued?

3. The whole binarying of the issue is nonsense. The person in the video presents it as "unless you agree with me and my world view 100% I should have the ability to ensure you can't do business, that you can't make a living, it's the legal version of the cultural marxism that is political correctness. These liberals etc ..." This isn't what I'm thinking when I discuss the right to trade. Believing in free trade =/= cultural marxism.

Like the Christian owned Pizza shop that was just put out of business in Indiana. Either agree with the gay lobby or get put out of business ... if you are Christian. Muslims will be fine it seems.

4. Islamic people have been brought to court multiple times over discrimination and religious rights cases. The reason we don't argue about it is the majority of American Christians don't care when it happens ergo they think it doesn't happen except when it happens to them and then they join forces.

It's possible I am wrong. Show me the national news stories about Muslims not baking cakes for gay weddings or similar.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The pizza place wasn't put out if business, they decided to close thier doors under thier own accord.

These places will probably get some backlash, I don't doubt that.

I wonder what avenues they have gone to spread it like in then other cases.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well imo i wouldnt make a cake for a gay couple..... Ever

Too much drama, and partly a influence why I hate them with a passion. Even with 100% tolerance

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

The pizza place wasn't put out if business, they decided to close thier doors under thier own accord.

These places will probably get some backlash, I don't doubt that.

I wonder what avenues they have gone to spread it like in then other cases.

No, it was put out of business.

The intolerant leftists have shut down the mom and pop pizzeria with phone attacks and an on-line onslaught similar to Chick-Fil-A in 2012. Only this time the business is not a corporation it’s a family restaurant without the corporate resources.

My question remains the same, where is the similar assault on the Muslim owned businesses that do the same thing? Personally I think both groups should be left alone, but no one seems to really care when it's a Muslim business saying no. I have yet to hear about it being national news.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Nice! A conservative persecution pity party thread!

Quick, somebody send that bakery half a million dollars! Isn't that the going rate? That's what Memories Pizzeria has gotten in less than two days after all. Why do you fools think that "Christian" businesses keep martyring themselves? Could it be because it pays better?

The co-owner of Memories Pizzeria was interviewed by a local ABC affiliate regarding Indiana's RFRA and chose to make the statements she did. Was there an obligation for ABC to run out with a hidden camera to a Muslim bakery in Michigan? Does the conservative mainstream media get a pass? Why isn't this video front and center on Fox News or is Fox News also doing their part to destroy Christianity and advance the gay agenda? What about the million or so conservative media outlets and blogs that are also reporting the Memories Pizzeria story, they didn't contribute to it going viral?

Demonstrating discrimination by a Muslim baker doesn't make discrimination by a Christian baker any better. It just proves that some Christians and some Muslims have yet another thing in common — a willingness to trample other people's civil rights to force their brand of religious morality.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

If I walked into a muslim bakery and demanded a cake with the prophet on it, you'd support my rights over theirs?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

No, it was put out of business.

It went out of business in two weeks? No, it didn't so it didn't get "put out of business."

My question remains the same, where is the similar assault on the Muslim owned businesses that do the same thing? Personally I think both groups should be left alone, but no one seems to really care when it's a Muslim business saying no. I have yet to hear about it being national news.

Could it be that one of the Memories Pizzeria owners made her initial statements to ABC news which has an exponentially larger audience than Steven Crowder's YouTube channel and she did so three weeks ago? Would it be enough if just this video of this Muslim baker hit the mainstream national news or will you all remain collectively butthurt unless there's a national news story about discrimination by bakers and pizzeria owners every other religion?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Why would anyone chase down Muslims? In fact, my claim was they shouldn't. The problem lies in the fact Christians DO get chased down, and the Left doesn't care about Muslims doing the same thing.

I bolded the bit I was referring to. Should have worded better but it probably makes sense to you now. For the record, I'm European. This whole left vs right thing is just weird to me. Depending which American you ask I am left or right.

Which is a Red Herring if a Muslim does the same thing. Why is only one of them pursued?

The video does not present a one to one example. Other than that, Charlie Hebdo. Plenty of 'left' leaning people hammer on Islam. Yes, there is a chilling effect and some people are afraid to do so but they're on the 'right' too, and only seem to bring it up when defending themselves.

Like the Christian owned Pizza shop that was just put out of business in Indiana. Either agree with the gay lobby or get put out of business ... if you are Christian. Muslims will be fine it seems.

I don't see how this is relevant to my comment that free trade =/= cultural marxism. Even if you find a cultural marxist that believes in free trade and uses it to push their values it's not more significant than finding a black panther in a civil rights movement or a white supremacist in a political party. If you continue to address religious marxists then the moderates (possibly myself but some Americans consider me a radical) will just ignore you.

It's possible I am wrong. Show me the national news stories about Muslims not baking cakes for gay weddings or similar.

That's the point. You think they don't report it because of bias against Christians. I think your country's news is consumerist and driven by money and safety. Why bother telling diverse stories about small events when you can have a 7 day long news coverage about white Christians fearing the cancellation of Christmas? When these things happen to other demographics it's just a talking point used by Megyn Kelly about Christianity.

I think we just disagree on why stories about discriminating Buddhists, Muslims, and Hindus don't reach the news. A large part is because when a Hindu gets taken to court the majority of Americans don't care because they're too busy being Christians.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Spin away but they closed the doors not the people calling.

Get the story out to them if you want to ask why nit outrage.
God forbid they don't know about it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: theantediluvian

If I walked into a muslim bakery and demanded a cake with the prophet on it, you'd support my rights over theirs?

I'm fairly certain you've been told this is already unprotected in the United States about a dozen times in three different threads Beezer. The same would apply to writing 'Jesus Sucks, Satan Roolz' or whatever you can think of.

It was covered in the judgement of the original case that I linked you last year.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join